>Nintendo BTFO
>Sony BTFO

Attached: 2Bn6gUz.0.jpg (1200x800, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

killedbygoogle.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=ZHU6yLH8yeY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

turn-based fps

The world where companies like EA and Ubisoft have the right to completely erase games out of existence.

I hope you enjoy losing your everything.

Attached: Kyubey's_moving_tail.gif (480x270, 437K)

You say that, but this is a console that will never need to be upgraded. They really are eternally BTFOd

Good thing I don't even play videogames.

EVERYBODY LOVES STADIA THEY CAN'T STOP WATCHING
HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE MIGHT SUBSCRIBE

Attached: Stadia_is_a_huge_hit.png (1403x2044, 1.1M)

You can't buy em with the zelda money they pay you to shill on imageboards from your cubicle?

Jesus Christ, movie trailers get more.

killedbygoogle.com/

reminder

166ms lag

lol no, good luck trying to play racing/shooting/fighting/action games like that lul

mustard race tards spend £1000s every few years for >muh 4k 60fps

Going to be able to stream every single pc exclusive game to my toaster with the same quality

>Mustardrace eternally BTFO

>Lag measured in ms
You fucking wish

Attached: 1546635495745.webm (752x398, 1.44M)

Who's the intended audience for this?

"No!"

People who don't like video games enough to buy a video game system but will be interested in playing a worse version for a monthly subscription that will cost more than the objectively superior box in less than a year.
It's... Bold

Zoomers.

Why do people pretend like MS and Sony aren't megacorps too? Only Nintendo is actually a game company.

the unplugging at the end is golden

compared to google they are saints

so did they list any real devs and or address the latency issues that plagued the last attempt at streaming or give pricing information?

Cant wait

Attached: 144235345345.png (1353x972, 628K)

Because they make an effort to reel back on things people hate often enough for them to be tolerable.

Just shut up and buy it? Why are gamers so entitled wtf

That's what I was thinking, these people have been catered to countless times in the past and it's never worked out.
Zoomers that like playing vidya already have consoles/PCs...and the rest of them play shit on their phones.

Gamers

>address the latency issues
Thats the thing, you cant fix those. It is literally impossible.

There is no technology that can increase the speed at which information travels down a fiber or copper wire. This service is literally worthless.

Should have invited Dunkey on stage instead of MatPat

It just screams "shit shit let's change the subject- look it's wireless! fuck i hope they didn't notice"

the same people that think everything new is instantly better
i.e people who keep buying "new" iphones because they say its "new"

>OnLive 2

Attached: 1100632405_k8Jbq-2100x20000[1].jpg (2100x1052, 562K)

Godamn. I used a lot of those, some of them up until the day they died. Never realized there were so many. Lot of bullshit, but a lot of neat, useful ideas too.

Why does she not have feet?

Attached: 1547503063916.png (384x384, 109K)

>Gamers
*Googlers

ment for

feetfags btfo

>Microsoft BTFO
>Nintendo BTFO
>Sony BTFO

Attached: google streaming lag.webm (1280x720, 2.77M)

This is unacceptable

>that kind of delay at their fucking press event
Dead in the water.

Attached: 1463283367739.jpg (500x447, 107K)

Have companies not realised that this is only viable if the entire globe has absolutely god tier internet and ping is somehow lowered to the point where requests and responses may as well be instantly teleporting between receivers?

How? It looks good.

Google is wildly successful despite all their best efforts. Fuck, who at that company gave this terrible shit the green light?

If Netflix had the audio delayed two seconds no one would use it, and that's not even 10% as important as input output.

Unless Google actually expands that ISP that they were developing that seems to have vanished, this shit is toast.

This whole platform is something you'd imagine them talking about, but not actually going through with
>Is consistent tactile input important to enjoying a game?
>most of the time, yes
>Does this "remote computer" wifi controller have acceptable latency to enjoy fast games?
>not really
>*meeting ends*
Is this shit just for Candy Saga and Minecraft? who is this for even

Attached: 1553041356169.jpg (2000x2000, 240K)

I'd get this

>google btfo

Attached: future of gaming 2.webm (752x398, 1.49M)

Jade Raymond is so beautiful and poised uWu

Me to !

>Circle Pads instead of Joysticks

Completely dismissed.

>input lag at their own thing
oh boi

Attached: kristen-wiig-on-her-future-on-snl.jpg (300x400, 33K)

>Completely dismissed.

Attached: H2x1_N2DSXLpage_Systemexamples_BlackBlue_image800w.jpg (800x400, 59K)

I'm pretty sure minecraft sucks donkey dicks with high latency due having to aim the shit right to place the blocks, also the whole rhythm digging.

I actually don't know?

Circle pads are functional but garbage compared to full sticks.

You right, but it's Nintendo...

And? Switch's sticks are pretty poor, to the point where a speck of dust can cause drift. But I still prefer them over circle pads.

The better tell is when the character hits the table and he sweeps the mouse to the right.

Holy shit. I was familiar with things like Wave, Google+ and Glasses, but never realized there was 142.

That's nearly a perfect ratio between services they've introduced and killed.

Yeah me too of course!

Attached: 1547431111576.jpg (1916x945, 238K)

She's wearing bootcut pants.

Where are my jet packs?
Where are my space elevators?
Where are my flying cars?
Where is my nuclear fusion?
Where is my cyberbody?
This future is fucking lame and nobody asked for it.

Hyper-normals who want to experience Facebook and casual gaming at the same time. It's a social media interface.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZHU6yLH8yeY
Now you can wait for your favorite games to buffer in 4k!

The only use for this "technology" would be streaming computationally demanding games with slow gameplay to mobile. Like I could see this being nice for a mobile Total War game that keeps the PC graphics, or porting Civ 6 over to phones. As a PC replacement its absolutely useless.

>Entire gimmick is that power of the cloud makes the source quality incredible even if yours is a little compressed
>16 bit shadows

Attached: 1zbdl6t06y5z~01.png (421x416, 280K)

The fact they didn't show anything about pricing structure is super worrying. Its gonna be some super jewy shit where each game bills by the hour, and peak hours cost more or some shit.

It might be fun for a new age of turn based strategy games.

Look closer.

Attached: stadialag.webm (1280x720, 1.93M)

>literally the Ouya Twoya

I can imagine this. If their best foot looked good, they would have put it forward. Right now we're only seeing what they want us to see, and it isn't good. It can't get better.

Attached: 1487129039609.jpg (600x800, 111K)

VALVE BTFO
SONY BTFO
MICROSOFT BTFO

Attached: 1545384538813.png (1200x703, 448K)

I like how he carefully avoids moving the mouse too much so normalfags don't notice the horrible lag.

Don't. The Ouya let you emulate games for a low price and had surprisingly good response time. I'd rather get one than Stadia

Imagine trying to track a target in a shooter with lag like that?

O P T I M A L
C O N D I T I O N S

I can't even deal with input lag on your average HDTV. Emulation lag without runahead is also completely unbearable

This would straight up be the end of video games for me

No one will become good at a game on Stadia. There's almost 2 sec input lag. It's impossible to consider skill at that point.

Attached: O_MY_3D_Platforming.webm (1280x720, 2.9M)

DOA

Fortunately it'll do as "well" as OnLive before it.

Unironically Minecraft might be the thing that breaks Stadia.

Also imagine the twitch building in fortnite on stadia. Normie zoomers gamers will ree the fuck out frmo that.

Attached: Stadia 10fps silky smooth.webm (1280x720, 1.91M)

Um Google said 8K 120fps though? Don't know who's internet that was taken on but I think Google knows how good it can be.

Someone please post the ridiculous picture where they claim PC gaming has 100ms input lag at 60fps and 133ms at 30fps.

I used GOOG411 a lot in high school

Kill it with nuclear fire. We should thank Google for putting an end to this stupid meme once and for all.

>but I think Google knows how good it can be.

are you retarded by any chance? you have to be to trust google

I don't think Sony and Nintendo have as much to worry about as Microsoft.

Sony and Nintendo might have streaming but they'll keep disc based mostly.
Microsoft is fucked as they're going full cloud streaming so they'll be directly competing with Google.

itsjustcloudbro

>not good enough to do your inputs ahead of time

Attached: 1551749927245.jpg (342x400, 114K)

jade, ill eat your pussy.

>they're going full cloud streaming
No they're not. They're looking into allowing users to stream games, probably from an Xbox or PC to your phone or laptop.

I think Microsoft is better at this shit. At least you can argue they have proper experience with gaming.

The Ouya was fucking retarded and deserves to be mocked.

who is jade

>Not noticing the obvious sarcasm
user pls.

Will the Thousand player Battle Royale be at launch?

Attached: 2f055b9aae941c89d7642dcca054e120.jpg (1200x745, 154K)

Someone at BioWare is ordering champagne, foie gras, oysters and truffle laced Beluga caviar for the whole team since they're not responsible for the biggest blunder in video games this year.

I don't know how to feel about this statement and that there are people who have played Jade's Game without knowing who Jade is.

>this is as good as streaming is going to get
>will perform even worse under real-world circumstances
We should celebrate this moment, Google killed it, nailed the coffin shut, and buried it once and for all.

this lag is already giving me nightmares.

Attached: 4536382.png (467x458, 431K)

Imagine the ads haha

I PROMISE more will still try. Amazon didn't invest for nothing. More will fail, but more will try.

this is more than a bad game. this is a platform flop. google is even making its own game division. this could overshadow TORtanic

I missed this whole event, quick rundown?

OnLive 2.0.

which is doubly disappointing as Google is probably the only company on earth that could pull it off right

>disappointing
This is the best day of my life

Attached: 602.png (586x586, 352K)

Is it abbreviated std because they think everyone will buy it?

Last month on Yea Forums
>OMG XBOX GAME PASS MIGHT BE COMING TO SWITCH NOW WE CAN STREAM GAMES IN LOW QUALITY ON THE GO!
>OMG OMG OMG THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER!

Google on Yea Forums
>Now you can stream all the latest games in 60 fps 4k resolution to any device!
>Pffff who cares that's gay that will never take off

Attached: 1512669147951.jpg (648x615, 312K)

I was hoping a legitimate Google platform would spur the other devs to step up their game. Thats 1 level of my disappointment.

Second level is Google actually having the resources to do a streaming service right but still phoning it in. Second level

Streaming software running on locally owned hardware is very fun and very cool.

Most people's internet struggles to run 1080p Youtube videos let alone a fucking video game. They should have just put out their own video game console. They're the biggest company on the planet, i'm sure they can afford the costs

I'd be interested in a Google console, they have the money to commission good exclusives. But this? No chance.

Maybe I'd be interested in this if there was an interesting looking exclusive but they showed no games at all. I cannot believe that these tech companies STILL don't get that a new platform NEEDS a killer app, or else no one will care

Obsessed.

>Second level is Google actually having the resources to do a streaming service right but still phoning it in. Second level
I wasn't aware that Google had developed FTL communication.

Will this be the true scrub filter that we need? Only high IQ gamers will be able to anticipate not only their moves, but the moves of the rest of the game itself 2 seconds ahead of time.

Attached: 1548284361933.png (959x719, 822K)

Supporting exclusives ever

I'd rather the game exist in some form than not exist at all. We wouldn't have Bloodborne if Sony didn't want an exclusive.

Is this the King Crimson of gaming?

So there's no hardware for this thing? How the fuck do you "own" it then? I don't understand

You stream everything off the Internet?

Is PC gaming now obsolete?

Attached: 1548626428635.jpg (368x285, 18K)

I'd like to remain optimistic. Obviously I won't use this to play an action game which would be ruined by latency assuming there would be a fair amount. But it'd be really cool to be able to pull out any device and play something like civ or an mmo.

Attached: 9romgfd27i401.jpg (608x600, 129K)

Mario has autism?

Yes Google expects people to pay to watch their computer respond to your inputs with two sec latency

Nothing wrong with exclusives. It allows a smaller company like Nintendo to compete with giants like Sony and Microsoft. And more options are better

You don't own it goy. You just pay a fee to lease the game until it is no longer profitable for them to run the servers, then they shut the lights off and run while you're left with nothing but memories.

That however is the smallest of the problems with this proposed service.

I think I get it now, I was worried because my computer is shit and but this is new to me lmao unless... you DO need a decent PC? Or is it like watching a Youtube video?

Imagine actually being retarded enough to believe this though?

looks amazing

Attached: 1553047952618.webm (1240x892, 1.63M)

OH NO

OH NO

HO NO N ON ON O NO N ONO NO NONON

The core idea behind a game streaming service is that you'll be able to play a game without needing to own the high end hardware. However the reason that we're all keeling over in laughter is that there are FUNDAMENTAL problems with such a proposed system that cannot be solved by throwing money at it unless said money develops FTL comms.

You guys don't realize that once Google figures out how to compress the data better, they'll kill all gaming consoles.

They gonna push out that Ansible tech?

yeah once some one discover how to make plasma shields schools shootings will never happen

This is exactly when I stopped watching the reveal. No one's going to replace their locally owned digital/physical copies with a streaming service when we're not able to resolve the input lag issue yet. I can't imagine playing fighting, racing, shooters, platformers, etc on that thing.

You can play card games on it like Hearthstone, grand strategy, and turn-based RPGs.

Wtf runs youtube but not hearthstone

>Now you can stream all the latest games in 60 fps
OH NO NO NO

>Unity support
>One of our core missions has always been democratizing game development
Jokes on them because now I don't have to optimize my shitty Unity game when I've got Google's super pooter to brute force render my garbage code at 60fps.

People who waste 100usd on gaming subscription with no game ownership. Streaming games is end game DRM.

Competition breeds innovation you fucking simp

Yeah, anyone supporting this is a fucking moron no matter how well it works in theory. You're literally supporting the fact that you'll never own another game for the rest of your life.

The only thing that appealed to me was that they advertised each instance to offer you 11Teraflops of power. So assuming the latency is an average of 15ms its pretty fucking good for the average joe. Free RTX 2070's for everyone!

I'm imagining when they launch this shit wires are going to get crossed and somehow multiple players will get connected to the same game session for another "Twitch plays Pokemon" type experience with authentic input delay.

The engineers who worked on this are probably all mega autists who play games, why didn't anyone tell corporate that the input lag is unplayable?

what soiboi in google thought this was a good idea?

I really hope this input lag is resolved, there's no way in hell I'm dealing with that

Attached: 1447552325437.jpg (640x480, 22K)

Except it's shit. How long is this shit posting going to go on for? OnLive was like a week. How long is this shit?

To play the games that can be taken away from you whenever they feel like it because you don't own one fucking file! Yay!

ya but its super convenient. if they keep it between 5-10 dollars a month I would use it.

Then you're a dumbass and you're going to kill gaming.

Uhm excuse me sweetie, Nintendo is a cardboard company

gaming is already dead dumbass. the moment people found out you can make a living off of it, it was already over. stupid fucking grandpa.

This is one of the dumbest comments I've ever read.

No one is, this isn't going to be successful whatsoever.

No lie I wish we could soapsock the drooling retards who are excited for this.

There’s fucking 10 threads up about this NOT VIDEOGAME topic that belongs on /g/. Shills are our and Jannie isn’t okay.

>implying

Attached: input.jpg (2048x1536, 229K)

When did Jade Raymond stop being hot?
Did I grow old?
Can that really happen in only like 10 years?
gonna ignore the OP for this more important discussion, since the OP is some dumb bullshit thinking Stadia is trying to compete with any of these.

Japan is singlehandedly preventing video games from dying. It's already dead in the West.

I had a blockbuster membership back in the day. And I already have Gamepass and Netflix. so this part is nothing new really.

After you swallow enough cum, the taste becomes bearable.

You know all those times that games are taken off the digital stores because the license expired? You know how you're still able to play them as long as you still have them downloaded, or redownload them because you already paid for the privilege to have the files on your system? You can kiss that shit goodbye if streaming games ever became the norm. Company no longer has the rights to the game? Boop, it's gone, regardless of whether you paid into the service to play it or not, and there's not a single thing that you can do about it. You also can't pirate it, because no one but Google ever got their hands on the files.

jfc even the controller lag is shit

>Stadia how do I get through this level???

Attached: JournoKiller.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

Good to see there’s at least one intelligent person on this shillstation of a board.

idk it is kinda convenient. I still buy a lot of games. But not having to buy every single game you play is kind of covenient. I guess it is swalloing cum to have options, if a user on Yea Forums does not approve of that option. But I personally am happy the void blockbuster left on gaming is finall being filled.

If ever you need proof that 99% of this board is people taking retarded, anti-logical stances just to be edgy, this post is it. If only it were always this obvious.

Attached: berserk bait.jpg (85x125, 3K)

They didn't want to get their blue checkmarks revoked for wrongthink.

This. It is like how my House of Cards blu rays would be stolen from my house if the series was pulled from Netflix.

>85x125
What the fuck, user.

GameStop has a 7 day return policy, there never was a void

Except imagine that argument if house of cards blue rays never existed. He’s talking about future developments you ape.

>calling other people retarded and pretending to have a grasp on how other people on the board act
>decide its a good idea to fully title and use a thumbnail
newfags everytime.

Attached: 1549925547442.gif (600x446, 3.14M)

The problem is that as soon as anyone starts making profit from this, everyone's going to jump on board and gaming as we know it will die. DLC started off as an idea, an experiment, and morons ate that shit up. Now look at the microtransaction hell that we live in.

saw their realtime latency charts in a show floor demo. it was in the 70-100ms range, which is normal for nearby servers on a good backbone.
Its not zero obviously but idiots play with worse by using default TV processing settings.

>abusing returns
>shopping at fucking gamestop
>playing your multiplats on console
I knew I was talking to a retard. but you did not have to fucking drool all over the place.

Hey don’t get mad because you made shitty choices. I’ll have my physical game collection forever and I research before I buy so I’ve only ever returned maybe 3 games for not liking them.

>gaming will literally be stuck at whatever hardware google has in their servers
>implying google would be willing to upgrade all of their servers anytime soon
Hope you like the current level of graphics and performance because it isn't going to change

The chart said one thing, our eyes as the guy was playing AC:O during the device test said something completely different. The chart was using best case scenario numbers, just like how internet providers offer "up to" a certain speed.

Yes. I am making fun of him, because video streaming which already is well established and has a fraction of the tech limations. Did not even do this. Not even with Netflix orignals. In fact most shows made EXCLUSIVELY for the digital streaming service, Netflix, which has way more of the market share and literally killed the physical competitor, still has it's shows get physical fucking releases for the entire series to be purchased. I was laughing at him for his complete and utterly retarded vision of the future.
This. As soon as cinema as is profitable authors will stop writing books. As soon as gaming is profitable studios will stop making movies. As soon as mobile gaming is profitable , AAA, consoles and PC will all die. As soon as CoD is succesful CS will die. I forgot we live in a zero sum worlds and companies hate possitive profits.

Idk. I paid EA like $5 to play NFS 2016 for a month when it came out. Shit was cash. I still buy most may games, but I really didn't need to pay $60 to beat that once and forget about it. IT is like capeshit. I wouldn't mind seeing the new Avengers. But I am not gonna pay to see it in theatres or buy the blu ray. But that doesn't mean 4k bluray or fucking apple store movies or whatever is finished.

Console poorfags absolutely SEETHING at their little plastic boxes becoming obsolete after slaving up enough money from the local coal mines

Hey man, you like gargling corporate cock, even if they only give you half of it.
More power to ya

Lol keep pirating neetboi. Your doing God’s work.

>imagine paying a monthly subscription to play games
I actually can not. Can a Xbox live, PS+ or Nintendo online user fill me in? Whats it like?

It hurts a little bit but when you make a years subscription in a few hours the trade off doesn’t feel so bad.
>I really do miss the ps2 free internet era

Like sleeping on the couch while a black bvll fucks your wife in the bedroom

They don't know because their parents are paying it

>okay so we were wrong the last 100x we said the sky was falling. But if you don't believe us this time, you suck CORPORATE COCK!

Comcast's CEO must be fucking CUMMING right now with all the people on and outside of this board taking an unironic consideration into this data whore of a fucking product.
I can see it now: "Uncapped exclusive Sadia plan! Now just $30 extra from your current plan + contract! Better latency and no monthly data cap! Bonus fees may apply."

but this is my fetish.

Moves and shows are different, you dumbass. You can record those off a streaming service and own a copy because they're the exact same every time they're played. That's obviously not the case with a game, so there's no way to force ownership if the files are out of reach.

And yes, developers have been trying to find the perfect DRM for decades. With a pure streaming deliver service, they'd have it, so of course they'd jump on it. Obviously physical and digital wouldn't die immediately, but it would be the unfavorable option for developers and publishers and eventually they'd start getting the short end of the stick, kinda like how not every game can be purchased physically nowadays. Stop being such a sarcastic, nearsighted retard.

Attached: mouseinputlag.jpg (1536x2048, 245K)

>he has to rationalize circlejerking over literally useless tech
Lol

Yeah, you just got stolen a good ending because they pulled Spacey

shhhhh he's just playing carefully

I never got to play that scott pilgrim game

God this user is so based it gives me hope for earth

I hope this doesn't get traction. It's literally going to kill gaming if it becomes popular

>Moves and shows are different, you dumbass
Agreed there were a lot less barriers for them to move to streaming, and much less drawbacks. So if they stay physical...
>You can record those off a streaming service and own a copy because they're the exact same every time they're played.
They try really hard to prevent this with DRM
Regardless, I am not talking about that. I am talking about official licenced physical releases, iTunes releases, digital sales, etc. You can BUY most netflix orignals from amazon right now and have a disc shipped to you.
>And yes, developers have been trying to find the perfect DRM for decades. With a pure streaming deliver service, they'd have it
Always online already exists. It works just as well wether the rendering is done locally or remotely.
>kinda like how not every game can be purchased physically nowadays.
Technologically this is backwards in this situation. But regardless, you can still, infact buy them.
>Stop being such a sarcastic, nearsighted retard.
Oh fuck off. Just because a new idea/market emmerges doesn't mean we have to do bullshit fearmongering. It was the same with mobile gaming
>Why would EA make battlefield for so much money when they can just make another bejewelled for way cheaper and rake in billions.
Because EA aren't economically illiterate zero sum retards like you.

damn she used to be so cute but no roastie can dodge the wall

No, Nintendo is BTFO, Sony is BTFO.
Microsoft has along with Amazong the biggest cloud structure.

You wrote a whole lot but it basically just boiled down to a sad man frantically defending authoritarianism

>A Convention with mad press has terrible Internet

WOW, SHOCKING!! It's not like journos have ever complained about bad wifi at EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE for the past 20 years.

>Meanwhile, tons of praise for the open Beta

Nice try

Bros gaming has been fucking dope for the past two decades
Google can not take this over like they've taken over and completely ruined everything else
DON'T LET THEM

Attached: 1550986192805.gif (300x258, 3.32M)

>options are bad because you have them then the option I don't like will arbitrarily take over the market because reasons
>please ignore the entire history of the world where I am wrong
>if you disagree you are authoritarian.
Hey user, you are against airplanes right?
Because if you support them, you are opposing my choice to drive a car. I mean why let consumers purchase their own car do drive when they want when you can sell airfare? stop being such a short sighted idiot, you can say a whole lot but ultimately you are a sad man frantically defending authoritarianism. And I will personally blame you when United takes my car away

Why are you unironically shilling for a product that, if successful, will undermine all of the user's rights to video games?

You're actually a moron. I'm not even trying to be mean or anything. You're just straight up, undeniably one of the stupidest anons I've ever seen comment on Yea Forums.

>mobile gaming didn't kill traditional gaming
>music streaming did not replace CDs or even Itunes
>Netflix did not replace 4k blu ray or even digital copies
>but surely, oh surely if game streaming is succesful boomers playing Civ on their chromecast will kill gaming as we know it.
At least go yell at gamepass or Origin access if you want to be a schizo.

>literally no argument
protip: paranoid delusions are not healthy.

I wouldn't argue with a retard outside, no point in doing it online.

Shlling how? I don't own any stock. I don't wok for Google. Fuck outta here.

I just hate seeing bad faith discussions online. Talk all the shit you want but be FAIR about it. That clip is raterded given that mad people played the open beta months ago and gave it tons of praise. Internet is forever shitty at places like that. They should have known better than to demo it that way but that's on them. Perhaps it was hubris.

As far as "users rights", I think you're giving this too much credit. The big 3 aren't going anyway.

And if the price is right I wouldn't mind a Netflix for games.

Dude there is so much more wrong with this service than the input lag. Read the rest of the thread. You picking out the only thing you can maybe kinda sorta defend makes you look like a straight up shill.

>now you can own even less of your games

someone need to update this pic so its 60$ to rent

Attached: 12351615151.jpg (1024x428, 89K)

>Shill

I don't think this means what you think it means.

> Hurr hurr, read the whole thread
1. I have a life.
2. I just wanted to talk about that clip and it's retarded to keep posting it because people KNOW the net is shitty at those events. That's bad faith.
3. Like I said I don't mind a Netflix for games. It doesn't get rid of my PC or consoles. So what's the problem? Spotify doesn't stop me from buying music.

>God tier expansions like Shivering Isles and AoE2: The Conquerors have been replaced by microtransactions, cut content and lootboxes
just fucking

Fucking leave, Sundar Pichai

I'm part of a new generation!
Texting!

I just don't get WHY do this. It's such a fucking transparent cash grab, and seeing how shit it runs only makes me think this is the case even more. Nintendo and Sony have a lot of exclusives and a fanbase of their products, Xbox have a fanbase, but there is literally no reason to buy this shit unless it's SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than the other big consoles- and even then why would you get it, since it's not going to have any of the exclusives and probably almost none of the games you want to actually play (especially for stuff like indie shit). And again even if it is cheaper (which I hope it is because they probably outsourced production to china looking at how terrible it runs, otherwise they're just trying to gigajew people) who the fuck was asking for another console to try and compete with the others? With no promises of exclusives or even any interesting looking games at all I just don't get what the fucking point is

Don't forget Car2go replacing owning your own car user. Does dymler even sell cars anymore?
I am pretty sure the only way to drive a Benz is to sign up for car2go and rent one. I fucking warned you user, letting them do Car2go as a side project would kill car ownership.

Just like they were when OnLive launched, right? Oh, no, just like they were when OnLive launched the second time, right?

Oh, wait...

please stop bring common sense and basic logic to a Yea Forums thread. Everything new is going to kill our hobby, and we really don't appreciate you shilling but thinking other wise.

t. Google's basement

You're right. I forgot where I was. You saved me a lot of time.

I'm outta here, fagots. Keep REEEEEEING about the sky falling tho

Valve failed to do it with the Steambox.
Nintendo failed to do it with the WiiU Gamepad.
Apple failed to do it in general.
Streaming services in general for just video is still touch an go on low settings.
Only one BTFO here is Google with their new STD.

You're worse than a shill, at least shills get paid. You cuck yourself for free.

I remember how they killed annotations because they couldn't figure out how to put them on mobile
Pieces of trash.

user stop
>it hurts
At least based CDPR did full expansions for Witcher 3 iirc

Gaming's dead, bros.
It's all downhill from here.

Attached: ThunderousApplause.png (1074x64, 9K)

>WHY
Because Amazon bought twitch, built Lumberyard and is pushing AWS as the backbone of multiplayer games.
Google is trying to build something that will compete. It's the same reason why xbox even exists. Microsoft made it because they saw Sony as competition.

I remember how Medieval 2 had 5 extra campaigns for the kingdoms expansion with brand new factions, now look at the shit Total War is pulling. I blame all the mongoloids willing to spend hundreds of dollars for absolutely fucking nothing.

oh no no NO NO

LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD

Attached: 1508046965977.jpg (1462x1462, 411K)

>be me waking up june 17 2010
>start up steam
>service offline
>WTF
>try again
>nothing
>boot up my PS3
>psn is down
>try xbox live
>nothing
>surely the Eshop is working
>nope
>go to mall
>walk up to gamestop
>except it isn't gamestop
>just a giant "for lease sign"
>WTF
>go down to bestbuy
>sorry sir we do not carry videogames
>start panicking
>see kid with newspaper out of the corner of my eye
>buy the paper off him
>top headline
>OnLive relaunches today, private property is abolished, Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft all file for bankruptcy.
I will never forget that day

>saved me a lot of time
Code for he got blown the fuck out by actual video game enthusiasts.

never let the mainstream get a hold of a hobby. They inevitably murder in their quest of more shekels.

I am hyped desu. I expect google to have rendering capabilities closer to my computer than to a console. So I would love devs to start targetting that level of hardware. I would never use it though.

Please be trolling

I'm glad I've been slowly stopping video games after 30 years. DMC5 is a great great way to finish this off and I'll probably beat Sekiro before I'll throw in the towel. Guess I'll focus on my other hobbies since video games only manage to get worse and worse every single fucking time. Now you don't own shit, they can take away anything, they collect your info and you'll have to deal with input lag and not to mention the mandatory online garbage. Whoever puts up with this is completely insane.

100% serious. I am not stupid enough to see it replacing PC gaming. But I can see it being popular enough among normies to have this effect.

good

Nvm I misread your post, somewhat based with a dash of cringe

Just join the pirate master race so you risk nothing and can pick up and drop whatever interests you on a whim with no cost. Japan still makes a lot of good games.

We all have lives, it isn't 1992 where the only people using the internet are shut-ins. It doesn't change the fact that you should be knowledgeable about a topic before arguing about it. Also, there's already a Netflix for games. It's called PSNow and it was so garbage that they recently had to update it to allow actual file downloads to the console.

>user got btfo and runs away with a bleeding anus
Everytime

Christ. Hopefully, when this inevitably fails, the concept of game streaming is killed for good. If not even Google can do it, it’s not worth pursuing. PSNow couldn’t do it, Onlive couldn’t do it, and now Google’s attempt will crash and burn. Thank god.

>tfw all the talentless hacks on twitch slink back into the abyss where they belong

I doubt a silly google project has anwyhere near the sway as the full blown "xcloud" system Microsoft is going in for. I think the market will live or die based on Microsofts implementation.

There's nothing to pirate if the only person with access to the actual game files is Google and the developers/publishers. It may take decades to get to a point where streaming completely replaces physical and digital, but do we really want to spark that fire and find out? 20 years ago I sure as hell didn't think that every $80 game purchase was going to have unlockable content replaced with DLC that can cost up to $30 per season. Now it's too late to turn back though.

It’s a non issue, Microsoft has no games to speak of

I know this is some sort of joke. But they are kinda going for the gamepass library. Which is already quite extensive. Fuck, even nvidea somehow has a huge library for Geforce now.

>bad faith
A pathetic worm like you talking about bad faith? Fuck off piece of shit cunt. You disgusting tool, worthless flesh ball. Get the FUCK out of here, tired of little dick brainlets that don't know what the fuck they are talking about. The fucking GALL to claim bad faith. Chug some fucking bleach and jump into Old Faithful.

Does no one question why exactly everyone's pushing this whole streaming delivery service as the next step in game distribution? It's the perfect DRM, brings cost to an absolute minimum for developers/publishers and therefore delivers maximum profit. It's not because it's a good idea for the consumer. Companies don't give a flying fuck about that. All these people acting like Google, Microsoft, Sony and whoever else are trying to be their fucking friends like their fucking uncles work there or some shit. God you people are morons.

There will be nothing to pirate if MK Ultra is a success and the CIA brainwashes you to not pirate either user.

Go away, /x/

seething

I love how this thread is full of people bringing up valid, realistic issues and a bunch of people calling them idiots with unrealistic, nonsensical arguments. Why the hell are you apologists so scared to accept that while streaming games is convenient, it is in no way shape or form a replacement for physical and digital distribution, which is EXACTLY what the companies are going to try to turn this into if it takes off?

>hurr if a business maximizes profit instead of doing whatever will piss me off the most, they are just trying to be your friend.
They are trying to cash on an underserved niche or market, google particularly was trying to get in on it rather than try and go up against the incumbents in traditional gaming. Google makes 100x sideprojects a year that usually amount to nothing. I am sure they will be happy if this just breaks even.
Also always online DRM has existed for quite sometime, and has nothing to do with where the game was rendered
Google Sim City remake.

Always online is not the same as streaming, and if you're trying to use that as an argument to defend this service then you're an idiot.

> it is in no way shape or form a replacement for physical and digital distribution
This is precisely what I am saying you fucking moron. I am making fun of the zero sum tinfoil hat retards who think this.
>which is EXACTLY what the companies are going to try to turn this into if it takes off?
What is funny is I am sure I was laughing at you year ago in a thread where you were telling me AAA games, consoles PC gaming and complex games were all going to die because of how profitable phone games were user. I feel like this shit is just a cycle now.

You bet I'm fucking mad. Mad about a lotta shit in this fucked up world. Like idiots who don't even fucking google simple shit like "streaming gaming" "input lag" and "latency." Shits been done and it doesn't work because its not physically possible with the current hardware. Its a mystery how the fuck this shit got out the door in the first place, so there must be another reason and I think its just Googles attempt at entering gaming in general. Pro tip: its going to fail spectacularly.

>Always online is not the same as streaming.
Functionally as DRM it sure is though. If you can trick the server into thinking you have a license, you would be able to stram the game to.
>to defend this service
I am not defending it. I could care less, it is not for me. I am laughing at you for thinking it will take over gaming cause it is an effective DRM method or whatever.

Shut up faggot. You have no idea what you’re talking about. Dumbass fool

Finally, another system for RE4 to get ported to.

Hey mouthbreather, have you forgotten who determines what is and is not successful in a capitalist society? I’ll give you a hint, it starts with a C and ends with onsumers. If it doesn’t benefit consumers enough and is inferior to what we had prior, in which it is, it will fail. Which is exactly why it will not take over physical/digital distribution.

Well damn, when you say it that way. Go fuck yourself.

Boy, can't wait for google to filter out all of their competition out of searches.

RDR2 has laggy animations like this without the need to stream

I think it will have some minor success with a subsect of casual gamers. I can see the appeal for people who wouldn't even pay $200 for a console. So I don't think it will be a total failure. But you are right in that anyone who thinks it will take over the existing market is a moron.

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO
IT LOOKS LIKE A SWITCH GAME

They have never done this

>Microsoft is fucked as they're going full cloud streaming
Is it just me or does the most bizarre obvious fake news, always centre around Microsoft?

It's literally watching a youtube video. It's like those streams where they let the chat decide the inputs.

I can already see this shit now
>some streamer starts streaming via Stadia
>accidentally slips and says the gamer-american word
>suddenly all those games they effectively rented are taken away to save face for Google
>all of the internet goes on a fucking outrage about the ethics of digital game licensing
It's going to be amazing when this actually happens if this anal-leakage of a product ever takes off

>There is no technology that can increase the speed at which information travels down a fiber or copper wire. This service is literally worthless.
>He doesn't have wormhole internet

Attached: wario grin.png (254x233, 143K)

>google reader
it still fucking hurts

$0.00000000000002 cents have been deposited into your Google+ account

>tomorrow

because it takes 1 day to read your inputs

lmao

retards.

>he still uses wormholes

boomers
>bundle free controller with your google chromecast
>get a month free
>try streaming a golf game with fancy graphics
>forget to cancel your subscription for 10 years.
It will honestly work for this IMO.

based

Attached: 1u71bgn2nw921.jpg (595x627, 48K)

MS is quite into cloud gaming tho and is developing two promising techs to aid in streaming. One has the cloud guessing your next move and giving the client several snaphots of your next input. The other does all the physics and input on the client while the cloud streams the graphics.

correct.
They are also not going full cloud streaming. Microsoft is a very large company with their hand in a lot of pies. UWP is about getting that hand in more pies, not less.

you could have a quantum fucking computer sending the video to you.

IT DOES NOT MATTER

BECAUSE LAG/INPUT LAG.

shit I just looked up Google Fiber, looks like it's about to fail because they couldn't navigate the nitty gritty of the cable industry. I blame our government more than Google but it's still such a bummer.

Friendly reminder that ISPs continue to pocket the money designated for improving infrastructure with no consequences. Things aren't getting better any time soon.

> project ara.
This still hurts i want my aras.

Will there by Skyrim in Stadia?

Presses A three times.
"Oops time to get up"

Technically if your controller is using quantum tunneling your inputs to the server and the server is quantum tunneling to your monitor, you could limit the lag to the time it takes to compute the frame, the bandwidth of your quantum tunneling, and the time it takes to render on your screen.

That's stupid though, way cheaper to just use a quantum graphics card.

Attached: smugcarrot.jpg (1280x720, 72K)

>One has the cloud guessing your next move and giving the client several snaphots of your next input.

This sounds awful

Minecraft, especially bedrock edition is not only tiny but can run on pretty much any device made in 2016 and onwards.
So there is no point in it being cloud based.
People who play minecraft usually want to mess with their game files via modding ,add/create maps using mc edit and do other things besides that.
Maybe the console will work best with turn based jrpgs but not only that would be retarded since few play those but i'll be damned if i have to press Y three times before it fucking works

Just use tachyons instead, idiot.

There's a lower limit, sure but we're no where near it.
That's why investments banks are giving SpaceX money, not because they believe in rocketry or mars - but because of their internet plans.
Even with RF being slow compared to fiber, the route from New York to Hong Kong or Taipei will be quicker across 2 ground to sat stations and laser comms in between a satellite constellation.

not gonna touch any shit made by google, they have already too much power, hopefully someone will give their offices the TARRANT TREATMENT
come talk about ngos and niggers here

who cares about your shitty thread. Go to pol if you want to talk about pol shit, This thread is about google in a video game board. Fuck off!

idiots you don´t know nothing about gaming but still pretend to be into gaming to seem "hip" and spite white men

Eh

That logo looks soulless af. Honest wtf is the marketing doing??? they had one job

What the fuck does a soulless logo even mean?