Yea Forums in 2009

Guys look at this!
This is awesome!
You don't have to buy an expensive console or PC anymore!
Play any game on demand anywhere!

THIS IS THE FUTURE OF GAMING

Attached: 20120828-13191662-onlive-stock-1024-IMG_5243.jpg (1200x800, 167K)

FUCK YOU STOP DIGGING UP ITS CORPSE ITS NOT FUCKING FUNNY YOU ARE SO GAY YOU DONT EVEN LIKE BOYS

FPBP
OP BTFO
F.

wow, great find, I liked today's stream, will you people make a postcard with me and send it to the head pajeet of google?

Could internet really not have improved in a decade?

Barely.

Steam is truly yesterday

Grampa, you like living in the past with your hard drive and broken electronics?

Attached: 940615-perlman_1.jpg (1019x661, 111K)

Onlive really was from the future.

Internet has improved fucking massively in the last decade. Technology-wise that is. In terms of widespread adaptation of said technology? Fuck no. Hell where I'm from I'm pretty sure only the 1% have 100mbs other than colleges and stuff

>could the speed of light not possibly increased in the past decade
No.

The main problem OnLive had was their reliance on Windows for running the games.
Google's streaming service runs on essentially the same stack that Valve calls Proton.
Wine + DXVK using the RadV driver.

The internet isn't the problem. The laws of physics are.

>comparing a shitty startup VS company that quite literally owns 80% of the internet

The only question here is will the OTHER giant corporations like internet providers and Computer Manufacturers allow Google to ruin their industry

THE FUTURE IS NOW

Even for pretending it's currently 2009, NO ONE ever thought Onlive would be good. It was a joke even at the time

I was actually able to play homefront comfortably, and get good k/d ratio in multi
darkness II was also good
split second however shat itself too hard

You will see when I am banging chicks while playing Half-Life 3 on my terminal with 1Gbps down traffic
Jealous little boy

i had dial up in 2009
anyone who denies that streaming isnt the future is a fucking retard
you could say the same about streaming movies and music 20 years ago.
Just because you dont like it doesn't mean you have to lie to yourself to make yourself feel better about the shitty future
>cars will never take off! you need to pave thousands of miles and make thousands of gas stations around the world! - t. retard in 1890

Except Google abslutely has the infrastructure to pull it off, if you don't think so, you are an idiot.

user, Sony liquidated onlive after their acquisition. I was one of those weirdos who was obsessed with it, because I could play pc games on my xperia play without a computer. Yes the latency was only ok, but it was good. I even remember I emailed them about analog controls for the xperia play, and no bullshit after they replied back, a patch was available on the android market, it started working properly. Hell I designed an AWS server for gamestreaming for fun because of onlive, and sony took the fucking company away. They already had ps now thanks to buying gai kai. That's what' I'm mad at.

Sony bought them mostly for the server knowledge and the patents because they couldn't keep the service running in its current form. Microsoft was after OnLive for license money if they kept operating.

Even Google cant defy physics. You will have input lag even if its a town over from you. And millions and millions of people on non fiber lines. We are not there yet.

>only the 1% have 100mbs other than colleges
My california university sure didn't get the memo then, lol.

What kind of loser sticks around this dump for 10 years
lmao @ ur life autist

The kind of losers you should listen to because they have more experience.

You don't even need to buy what's in this picture. This is where Google will succeed where OnLive failed

Reports from those who tested Project Stream say otherwise.

Do you know how far away they were and what their connections were? I know it needed 25/25.

Attached: tachyons.jpg (1300x666, 79K)