So, the age of game ownership is finally reaching its climax...

So, the age of game ownership is finally reaching its climax. Which one of these services do you think will reign king in the upcoming Game Streaming War? I remember using OnLive and thinking it was pretty cool (had really amazing internet at the time; I was able to stream OnLive and myself to Twitch at the same time with no lag) and I've tried PS4 Now, and thought it was pretty much the same.

Will Yea Forums give up their games for $20 per month?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-19 at 5.13.29 PM.png (710x868, 176K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZHU6yLH8yeY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Paystation Now is optional, I don't know about Xbox's Cloud though since I never owned one past the original console.

Actual games are not going anywhere, everyone knows how shit game streaming services are.

XCloud is probably going to win, given it’s the closest to old library games out of the options available and you don’t need to buy some google jewbox to play your games on any device. Also Azure servers are the most reliable anyways.

>Actual games are not going anywhere
This. I will absolutely not support streaming garbage any way shape or form.

But it's clearly what the market is moving to.

No it's not you fucking troglodyte, nobody with a brain has been onboard with this or even taken Stadia seriously.

Is it really?

I don't see Nintendo's name there.

Not him, if that is the future, I will invest in a PC and pirate my way to video games.

In ten years, the toddlers of this era who would've grown with game streaming will have become teens and adults. They'll blindly support it.
>but there are many parts of the world w/ shit internet!
Have you been living under a rock, you dumb nigger? Every IT company is working on solving that very issue.

None of them because game streaming is a meme. I dont even know why they bother with it.

Hopefully the latency obsessed shooter-bois kill this in its infantcy. I refuse to live in this world.
>No modding
>No offline
>Region locked
>No owning

Attached: wxeFpJL.jpg (530x800, 50K)

None of them.
Game streaming is a fucking scam and it will only be successful in killing gaming if you let it. Buy physical. Buy digital with no DRM. Pirate. And speak out.

the that manage to either accelerate the speed of light or put servers fucking everywhere

See Streaming will become a success, there WILL be workarounds to the latency issues. The toddlers of today will be lapping this shit up in 10 years. Deniers need to be shown the door.

Playstation Now has never worked anywhere. They don't have the infrastructure. This is between Xbox and Google

>Pirating streamed games.
That's a big doubt there, chief.

Listen, I get it, you're upset; but consumers no longer dictate the market and haven't for years now. Companies, like Google and Microsoft, essentially do something, like game streaming, and essentially say either get on board or fuck off. And that's exactly what we're coming to. It's no different than when Apple said fuck off to the AUX port on their phones.

Normies who have spent their entire adult life streaming music and movies will eat this up and are already starting to. If it's priced right, they'll jump on it.

I'm in KS and PlayStation Now worked fine for me. But as I said, I have really good internet.

But with ps now you can download the games. It's basically just a rental service.

Google and Xbox will find ways around input lag. Streaming games will become nearly flawless to the average normie.

Everyone listen to this user. Deniers literally cannot debate this. Stadia is already getting universal acclaim literally everywhere outside the chans.

Streaming is the future. End of story.

>consumers no longer dictate the market
because they willfully eat up whatever bullshit the companies decide, of course they've caught on.

>Every IT company is working on solving that very issue
talk to me again when they solve it

>Google and Xbox will find ways around input lag
No they can't, unless they put servers in my bedroom

>Google and Microsoft can find a way around input lag
Unless they can defeat the laws of physics, no they can't.

>Stadia is already getting universal acclaim literally everywhere outside the chans.

LMAO

only because google is literally bribing people to praise it

Attached: 1553029819358[1].jpg (1242x1312, 729K)

so the nintendo approach, I like it.

>is the future.
Motion controls are the future
VR is the future
We've been down this road.

Remember those who used to say gaming will die as it becomes a service ?
Looks like they were right. Can't wait for the next gaming industry crash so that the shit will be purged.
I really miss the times where buying the game was the only thing we had to do.
Now it's all about DLCs, launchers, micro transactions, subscriptions...

cloud gaming takes away control of the consumer over their copies of media even more than drm, if it can even be considered owning a game
i'll just stick to piracy thanks

Attached: 1551732499627.jpg (640x597, 266K)

I got a physical copy of DMC5. Time to bow out. Gaming had a good run, and I am satisfied by the end.

you forgot 3D TVs and 3D games, oh boy...

There will never be another gaming crash because current consumers aren't the same as they were in the 80's. Journalists will continue to beat the drum of streaming and how games as a service is good as long as Google keeps ponying up the dosh and favors.

Exactly. Which is why it will fuck the rest of us.

>There will never be another gaming crash
wasn't one in the first place, read something once in a while.

We all surrender. This medium now belongs to cloudshit, forever. Literally no other alternative.

Sadly you're totally right. I can see Stadia becoming one of the greatest successes in recent memory. Nothing will ever get better ever again, everything will just remain eternally shit. Siiiiiiigh...

Oh you have no idea, denier.

Cloudshit will make our enemies literally fucking immortal.

It literally doesn't matter to me. Gaming died post-ps2 era. I don't care where the game industry is headed since modern day video games all suck ass. Besides, you all have to blame yourselves for letting cloud gaming take over

LMAO HAHAHHA

ENJOY 7FPS GOOGLE BROS
youtube.com/watch?v=ZHU6yLH8yeY
CAN'T HANDLE A FUCKING DEMO PROJECT, ETERNALLY KEKED. NO SCALE!!!!

Microsoft.
>400 million active users on Windows
>Xbox live has already existed for decades as a network
>a legacy of exclusive games that PC players want
>billions of dollars to throw into making sure Xbox Live is successful

Nintendo is not competing with any of them, they're doing the their own things.

>only the US console faggotry ''''''crashed'''''
>video game crash
kys

>another subscription
Why do poor people enjoy staying poor?

who cares about framerate? people here praise the switch.

This. There has literally not been a single good game since after the PS2. This is a fact that cannot be debated. Literally every game is shit now.

Speaking of PS2, Stadia is the next PS2 in terms of sales. Everyone loves game streaming. Everyone but us.

>The video game crash of 1983 (known as the Atari shock in Japan) was a large-scale recession in the video game industry that occurred from 1983 to 1985, primarily in North America. The crash was attributed to several factors, including market saturation in the number of game consoles and available games, and waning interest in console games in favor of personal computers. Revenues peaked at around $3.2 billion in 1983, then fell to around $100 million by 1985 (a drop of almost 97 percent). The crash was a serious event which abruptly ended what is retrospectively considered the second generation of console video gaming in North America. Lasting about two years, the crash shook the then-booming industry, and led to the bankruptcy of several companies producing home computers and video game consoles in the region.

Only reason the crash didn't continue was Nintendo.

>Buy physical games.
>Don't buy DLC.
>Don't buy microtransactions.
>IT'S YOUR FAULT!
???

Because they can't wrap their head around the idea that after a year of paying $200 per month on services, they've wasted $2400 bucks. It's why Rent-to-Own places will never go under.

yup, their in the kindergarten competing with happpy meal toys and fisher price. same thing quality and video game wise (there is none)

Fuckin savage. Shitendo BTFO.

>citing wikipedia
one strike
>primarily in North America
like I said earlier
>Only reason the crash didn't continue was Nintendo.
go suck your other nintendo friends off somewhere else please, nintendo had a lot to do with the crash, no quality control, you retarded zoomer, only reading wikipedia mental midget

DELETE THIS

k

First and foremost, you're an idiot. Secondly, outside of the NES and SNES, I've never owned any other Nintendo system. Thrid, in the space of video games, if it's not USA or Japan, nobody gives a shit and you're mostly irrelevant. Fourth, I was literally alive during said crash. Nintendo's release in 1985 literally saved gaming in NA.

Stadia would not even be able to handle BoW to millions of players without stuttering like crazy.

Then why haven't game streaming taken off despite being a thing for almost a decade?

not real capitalism dudes

a year ago you laughed at me for saying the future was streaming

who's laughing now Tête de noeud

Attached: Ubisoft-CEO[1].jpg (875x573, 74K)

Deniers need to get fucked. Stadia is the future. We love Big Brother.

They hadn't found workarounds to input lag etc. yet, they will soon.

>ISP traffic will get so congested that the video bitrate will be halved for everyone even in non ghetto areas
>everyone immediately drops this and the gaming industry crashes, leaving only nomad developers to pick up the pieces

i'm so hyped you don't even understand

The majority of game developers are locked in to Microsoft's D3D11 ecosystem. The only company that could build a streaming service using those previously has been a part of the console market, and dominates the PC market and so has had a vested interest against opening up gaming on any device.

What's changed now is that there is a high-performance graphics API standard, DXVK for running D3D11 exists and is near full-speed, and anyone can take those and run the majority of modern games at near full speed on basically any GNU/Linux based platform.

I'll just stop buying new games and just play the classics. Most old games are better anyway. I've enjoyed 3 games this gen. Nier automata, Bloodborne, and DMC5. Why would this really affect me all that much?

Attached: 5547d016e563efed54df97bc6018e641.gif (250x188, 445K)

See Streaming is the future. Stadia will be a hit no matter what we say or do. Surrender.

>It literaly took hundreds of Computer Programmers with PHD's to get gaming running on Linux
>It will never go onto real distros since it will be locked to a closed source development kit and only available via streaming run by a literal botnet
>None of the benefits will ever be made available for the public

Attached: 1548758489963.jpg (525x809, 78K)

it doesn't matter. people hate stuttering and other shit that will inevitably happen. that, or the price of internet will skyrocket to a degree that will be hilarious. either way, people are going to just get physical systems as a cheaper OR better alternative.

>Every IT company is working on solving that very issue
No they aren't. Telecoms companies are actively working against high-speed internet because it costs to much to install, they already have monopolies in certain areas and lobby the government to keep it that way. It's why google fibre never went anywhere.

Not sure what you're talking about, its already out on real distros. Google basically just did a pull of the work Valve and independent developers did, and put it on their servers.
Google's whole stack is just Debian + AMD (RadV) + Wine/DXVK, and then the benefits you get from running all that containerized with the ability to save the state in the RAM of the server.

>Linux+GNU gaming is forever dead
>Jewgle forked it for their own means and closed sourced the best parts
>B-B-But Valve did all the work! P-Proton! Year of the Linux desktop!

Attached: 1553020649680.jpg (912x1024, 96K)

google doc is barely acceptable

But user, we knew in advance what Google was going to show because they'd committed the work they'd done back upstream.
What's the closed source secret sauce again?

The stack, dev kit and executable is proprietary and runs direct from the server blade. All games need to be ported specifically to Stadia like they would need for a console. It's proprietary botnet tech.

Xbox. Here's why
> It will probably be integrated with GamePass so outside of cloud you can still download and play the game on console/pc.
> It uses hybrid cloud approach where parts of the game related to registering inputs are computed locally while rendering is made outside. At least it was supposed to do that.
> If you are an Xbot, you already have a massive library of games that you own including X360 and OgXbox games.

>with no lag
and here come the shills in disguise

Attached: 674521.png (522x522, 630K)

>tfw Silicon Valley morons are so far up their asses, they actually think rest of the world has same internet speed and latency as them

Can somebody wake them the fuck up already?

What the fuck is with you losers clinging to owning games? Jesus Christ.

1989 Tienanmen Square

Just not liking the feel of that gigantic corporate dick up my ass is all. I would prefer not to have it there. I like owning my shit.

>I had no lag, therefore this mean that lag doesn't exist.
I never implied nor said that. Just because I didn't experience lag on either services doesn't mean other people didn't or that I wouldn't eventually run into it. As I said, I had very premium internet. Now? I rock 100 down, 20 up, so I would probably run into a shit ton of it.

Can't wait for Nintendo to save us after this shit crashes again.

Sure lmao, that's why they need to hire shills like you to push this crap.

>in disguise
They fucking glow in the dark, man.