Stadia

Most US ISPs cap their customers' bandwidth usage, usually somewhere in the neighborhood of 300 GB per month. And streaming 4K content eats up about 7GB an hour. And that's based on Netflix's publicly available guidelines for 4K video content, which is shot at 24 fps, a far cry from 60fps, meaning content at 4k60 could be more costly. Your average consumer likely isn't rocking a 100Mbps+ connection, and in some parts of America such options aren't even available, limiting Stadia's potential reach.
And if you are, that cap can come at you fast, especially considering most folks are going to use their internet for more than just streaming games. Most ISPs offer additional data at a premium, but how many are going to want to pay that premium to stream 4K games?

We don't know enough about Stadia yet to determine if it's worth our time. Is Google going to work with ISPs to ease the potential impact on our wallets? Do we subscribe to this thing? Do we buy games? If so, are the games cheaper considering we don't 'own' them? Will there be exclusives? Are any developers making anything specifically for Stadia at this point? Is google gathering data about the games we play, how we play them, and with whom, and what, if anything would they do with that information? Will there be ads? How much does that controller cost? Is there any type of voice-chat or messaging built into Stadia, or do we have to use hangouts? Can developers pull their content from Stadia after we purchase it, assuming we have to? Today's presentation left me with more questions than answers, and while some cool concepts were shown off, we don't know if anybody's doing anything with those concepts.

Attached: Symbol.0.png (1200x800, 156K)

This is the death of video games

Streaming is the only way to enjoy full dive VR games, the tech isn't there yet

>Most US ISPs cap their customers' bandwidth usage, usually somewhere in the neighborhood of 300 GB per month

AMERITARDS, EVERYONE.

I'm from fucking Yurop 3rd country shithole and we don't even have anything as "bandwidth usage cap".

Stadia better have a strong refund policy.

Could you imageine how disorienting 30ms latency would be in VR?

yes but ive never had to fight someone over who gets to fuck the village mule

Attached: DqpRsBFVAAAymZW.jpg (1080x1080, 292K)

Just buy google fiber goys

Who cares its just for devs and streamers to watch each other jack off.

Literally copypasta from @SteveMBowling twitter. You were a plagiarist in high school, huh?

>2019
>knowing what a mule is
>nice try, incest child

Could you imagine how sluggish 166ms of latency will be in UIs?

Frankly, I don't think you should be playing any kinda online video game anything if you live in Antarctica and the nearest data center is in South Africa.

>7gb/hour
what sort of ungodly compression algorithm is that subjected to?

Probably H.264 if I had to guess. It's netflix tho, if you've ever used the service, you'd know how low quality video is.

this was the first google image hit for h.264

Attached: h264-codec.png (500x313, 258K)

I don't understand streaming. Somehow you're watching "720p" looking worse than fucking 360.
why

You probably do though. It's just not advertised and hidden in some small print in your contract. Did you read all the Terms and Agreements?

>y-you have it t-too!
>they lie to us all the time, why wouldn't to you too?!
>USA! USA! USA!

>You probably do
Why is it so fucking hard for you fatass fucking faggots to envision any minute difference from your own experience?

No I don't have a goddamn data cap, it's not even fucking legal outside of mobile.

>muh yurop 3rd world country
Why do you gypsies never state which country you're from? Why are you so ashamed?

good point not enough people are mentioning bandwidth caps. if google wants to even begin to enter the home, they need to do something about how shitty our internet is.

I'm just being polite.
Stating where are you from can cause an avalanche of unrelated posts in slav languages. You don't want that here.

>if you've ever used the service, you'd know how low quality video is.
it scales with your bandwith dummy, it looks better if you have a better connection.
and google will probably use their own codec vp9.

They tried with Google Fiber but the big ISPs probably spent more money keeping them out than improving their service

oh they were going but they gave up on fiber

Video game crash 2 incoming

Only if an ungodly amount of retards buy it. It'll flop, don't even worry, mate.