GOOGLE STREAM NEW THREAD

youtube.com/watch?v=nUih5C5rOrA
GET IN HERE FAGS

Attached: Google-1100259.jpg (590x350, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitch.tv/minatokiwi
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>matpat

BUY JADE'S GAME

PRE-ORDER JADE'S BOTNET!

What if they brought the Irate Gamer on stage next?

They sure are talking big, but they aren't saying the nitty gritty details. Like how much it costs to use and how good your internet has to be.

>Its launching on 2019
I'm getting ready for the crash and burn.

Attached: IAMHOLDINGTHISWEAPONFORMYPEOPLE.png (558x744, 428K)

>WiFi controller input delay
>Stream delay
>display device delay
I'm thinking around 500ms delay minimum.

Can you play fighting or rhythm games on this?

lol they're playing 2 songs on top of one another

i just woke up, give me a quick rundown on what the hell this is, console?

HOLY FUCK MOOT WORKS HERE!?

I'm thinking closer to 300 with a keyboard, if you live on top of the servers you might only get 200ms ping

>Yeah turns out when you try and use this thing outside of our carefully managed testing environment it doesn't work
>Who could have foreseen

i dont get what this is supposed to be

a streaming service ? a cocksole?

can some of my fellow browserd xplain *kindly asks*

>fighting games on a streamed game
Have you played an online fighting game? It's like that but maybe 3 times worse.

None were shown during the presentation, and I think the inevitable input lag from having wifi-connected controllers and streaming games in general will kill any game genre that demand precise inputs and timing.

I haven't looked at any news yet. But I'm expecting this to be another android box with more power than a phone but nowhere near close to console, and there's going to be a couple of big developers names tied to it but no games.

>AYYMD HOUSEFIRES garbage in Google datacenter

TOP KEK, enjoy datacenters burning down

can an user who missed the stream get a quick rundown please?

Attached: 1542104980213.png (415x415, 169K)

>no price

Attached: 1550676312491.png (1253x936, 275K)

dude stream all your games, it just werks!
also please ignore that this video stream keeps fucking up

So I saw AC Oddysey in there, this thing is capable of delivering games like that.
If this picks up there will be no other reason to own any console whatsoever besides poor internet and exclusives.

The killing of consoles has begun, by google of all fucking companies

From what I gathered it's basically video game Netflix.

Stream games through Chrome.
That's it.

Just woke up. Know absolutely nothing about this fuckery. Quick rundown, please?

Here's your quick rundown: OnLive 2.0

It's not even a console. It's pretty much the Google data center botnet as the "console" itself.
Apparently you can play any AAA game through any computer or TV or whatever that has Chrome or a Chromecast at 4K/60FPS no matter what. And because technically you don't have any boundries when it comes to dev, devs can make literally whatever games they want to do. They're talking REAL big.

>input lag

>shitty graphics

>lag

>shit controller

>head of gaming is JADE RAYMOND

this is worse than Ouya.

Attached: 1499201270741.png (1600x1597, 858K)

It’s a streaming service for PCs and mobile devices.

Something tells me this shit's gonna blow Steam and Epic out of the water.

>let's pretend input lag doesn't exist - the conference

Attached: 1535216180742.jpg (720x720, 265K)

What's the equivalent price of FIVE HUNDRED AND NINETY NINE US DOLLARS in 2019?

Only with two songs overlapped

>video games are dead
im free...
im fucking free

Attached: 1370711484808.jpg (960x960, 107K)

So this is pretty much the ultimate normalfag console, right? As an autist, I feel like I won't be touching this with a 10ft pole.

Attached: akarin.png (256x256, 114K)

>No price
Shit's dead

Well I was completely wrong. Just as equally disappointing really.

Basically you remote control the game via google's data center from fucking wherever using a WiFi controller no less and they stream the game in which ever display you want it to be.

What a shitshow

Attached: 1552745599499.jpg (341x290, 8K)

>Google
>We're gonna change the face of gaming
>Show the same shit many companies have failed with before
>Think that somehow this time it'll be different.

This is textbook madness, aye? The same issues as always still exist, fucking input lag. You can't get over the hard barriers.

NO BOXES
NO LIMITS
NO LAG
NO PRICE
NO GAMES
NO FEAR
NO PAIN

Attached: kug.png (640x424, 184K)

>retard normies will buy into this bullshit
fucking normies reeeeeeeeeeee

Data Caps and terrible internet infrastructure vs literally everything streaming in the internet
Big conflict here, one of them has to give.

Attached: 1552070607088.jpg (840x1020, 88K)

Nice shilling, almost got me for a sec

Stream games through google chrome, all computing done in google datacenters. Too bad they didn't consider chrome already eating all of your RAM

this doesn't come across as all that consumer friendly. no direct control or ownership, and no privacy.

Two words. Input lag.

Attached: 1526673027782.gif (221x231, 514K)

Yep but in the unlikely event this catches on (ignoring how shit most broadband infrastructure is even in the west) gaming will get fucked in the ass.

Google only cares about how people in Cali can use their shit.

Not even. I'm just saying what they're promising which just sounds like it isn't gonna work.

what kind of console launch announces less than 5 games?

>RRREEE input lag
Normies literally can't fucking tell the difference and they don't play games where it matters. You aren't the target audience anymore.

PS4
Wii U

you could literally see at least 500ms lag during their presentation on the PC

This thing is targeted towards the most normal of normalfags who dont give a damn about input lag.

Based

It's nothing

Video game Netflix

>they don't play games where it matters
what game do they even play?

>that anti-technology boomer who still hasn't installed Google ThoughtSlot® into his brain so he can be connected to the internet at all times because he doesn't trust doubleplusgood corporations like Google to see his badthinks

Huge waste of time

they announced doom retard

try play fucking doom with input lag

Attached: 1536435817865.jpg (715x703, 104K)

So? You do realize it would take 2000 inputs to add to a second, right?

>>shitty graphics
>>shit controller
The rest I agree with

Dab on Playstation and Xbox's grave
>muh input lag
>muh data cap
Oh dear, we have actual children on this board.

Attached: 1540542486918.png (466x512, 124K)

if you have decent internet and a nvidia card you are already way ahead of google
i can stream to my phone or my laptop anywhere from my desktop PC at 1080p60fps with moonlight

Dumb speedwatcher. They said, and I quote:
next
to
none

Not that user but the pad looks super stiff. Everything else looks ok.
>Symmetrical Sticks
based

Attached: D2CZHyMXQAAa2xC-920x543.jpg (920x543, 25K)

A more powerful Ouya you say?

So, input lag doesn't matter in fortnite or apex?

Or how much information they're going to collect.

They'll be taking a cut of the profits from any games sold on their platform, obviously. There will probably also be some sort of premium service down the line as well.

>implying google doesn't already know everything about you
retard

Oh trust me, they want to know even more.

>can an user who missed the stream get a quick rundown please?

- Stream games
- 35 dollars a month
- input lag up the ass

They're such nerds xD

Attached: Screenshot_20190319-151705_Chrome.jpg (1439x2048, 638K)

JADE

RAYMOND

why does she even have a job, what does she actually do

Californians really need to be gassed

Wince.

Attached: mar.jpg (1451x2048, 339K)

imagine the endless breathing down your neck

Where's the start button

>implying they won't be compressing the stream
Think about how bad the quality of streaming 24-30 fps movies and tv is and remember that for 60fps games they need to send double that data. It's gonna be awful and full of artifacts and blurring.

>Everyone thinking games will be sold on here
It's gonna be N

For what purpose? Why does that have to be slapped on the back of the controller? Does that do something on the service?

>live-service games have become so popular they made a live-service console

Attached: oh i hate this.png (409x406, 81K)

It's upside down you retard

The future of gaming, like it or not.

no but on the controoller

The input lag is gonna be awful. Who thought this was a good idea?

Never had much of any input lag on PSNow when I tried it. If Sony could 'reasonably' pull it off then I don't see how Google wouldn't perfect the idea. Especially with them talking it up like this. I'm interested in seeing it myself.

NONONONONONON GOOGLEBROS WHAT THE FUCK

Attached: 18912980238.png (1068x601, 462K)

>The future of gaming

Attached: ohmy.png (1816x781, 797K)

>200mbps

Attached: will.jpg (629x610, 69K)

Anything >100ms is unacceptable.

Jesus this looks bad, why would they actually invest billions of dollars into this?
Even best case scenario with good internet connection and being near a server, it's going to be significantly worse than playing the game natively on PC or consoles.
And video games go on sale fucking all the time, so it's not like price is a big deal.

$850 or so. People seem to be more tolerant of shit nowadays compared to back then

>no pewdiepie on the video
Y I K E S !

Not that bad if you're not already a disillusioned PC fag.

So this is going to go the way of Google Glass isn't it?

What a fucking toomfolery, everything they announced literally exists already, they just renamed with brand google basedboy names, also

>Streaming

Fuck off with that shit

Attached: FB_IMG_1539744619389.jpg (700x994, 66K)

Attached: N.gif (864x368, 1.08M)

>Google makes another game service just so Todd has something else to port Skyrim to
Based

>b-b-but they said next to none
you fucking retard, its impossible for them to stream games like this without any input lag, its against the laws of physics.
30ms of raw input lag on top of everything else would make any fast paced action game unplayable, even the input lag streaming from one end of your house to the other on your own network is noticeable. Living in a city with a full fibre infrastructure wouldnt eliminate the lag.

I dont know why all these companies think streaming services are going to work or even how they expect it to be profitable with the amount of bandwidth it will use and for it to even be possible they will need data centers in every city across the world.

>Its not that bad if you're already used to eating shit

>Raw uncompressed 60 frames at 4k: 700+ MB per second
>Typical codec compression might bring that down to 20MB/s and even that would look pretty fucking bad with any excessive movement on screen, let alone turning the camera at all
If you don't have a solid fucking 500mbps down minimum, good looking 4K is not going to happen. Expect the overwhelming majority of people even bothering to use this shit setting their output to 1080 if not 720.

In hindsight this may be a stupid idea but you can damn well expect streamers to start using it if its well executed. So we better pray it fails.

Why the fuck should we care what streamers use or don't use? Don't tell me you're a cuck that watches other people play games instead of playing them yourself.

Few decades too early. I'm fully certain this will be the norm in the future but internet infrastructure needs massive massive changes first.

not that guy, but you should care because the majority of "gamers" DO care what streamers use. and, as I'm sure you know, the majority rules.

Maybe for AAA westerncuck games but thankfully I only play Japanese games that never get huge followings like the Battle Royales and Cawadootys and whatnot streamers and the zoomers that watch them play.

you're insanely ignorant if you think this will never affect you

It looks boring, like they wanted to round off all of the edges until nothing is left.

Also symterical sticks is a meme for modern games. Analog stick should always be in the the primary position.

I didn't watch the whole presentation, but why would streamers use this? Isn't it better for them to play a game natively and stream that instead?

>166ms lag

what is this, the dialup era?

>10.7 tflop custom AMD graphics solution to power Stadia

So this is what PS5 and Xtwo will likely have then huh?

>STREAMING CONSOLE
This thing won't function in the vast majority of the United States. Our network infrastructure is abysmal, and in a significant amount of areas you won't be able to stream these games at a quality that will be a playable or enjoyable experience purely because the local major ISP will have probably oversold nodes and your already shit network connection speed will be even shittier.

Attached: 1552946567517.jpg (689x800, 76K)

Just buy Google fiber you GOY.

>inb4 Google rebuilds the network infrastructure in the entire United States to make this thing work well

>service is announced
>a few nanoseconds later everyone on the internet has an opinion about it, some didn't even bother reading or watching the video, saying that ''I won't buy no streaming box uh-uh''

Attached: 1548885583661.png (270x321, 21K)

You know whats sad? The amount of likes to dislikes on that video. People are actually on board with this. Pray for tommorow, if streaming takes off you can be sure the mainline consoles will start doing it like they all started charging to use their online in games because one platform was getting away with it.

Attached: 20190303092452_1.jpg (1253x657, 57K)

Weve been shitposting about it for weeks retard.
The second they revealed no box, we knew it would be shit, and it showed.

Why the fuck would anyone buy this?

So I guess you don't watch any sports on TV like baseball, soccer or even the Olympics cause you are not a cuck and play all sports by yourself?

>you can be sure the mainline consoles will start doing it
Playstation Now
Microsoft XCloud

The former is a massive failure.
The latter probably will be too.
Stadia is not exempt from dying to bad decisions.

>People
You seriously think YouTubeâ„¢ didn't rig bots to mass upvote the YouTubeâ„¢ stream for the new YouTubeâ„¢ Gamingâ„¢ Streaming Service?

This whole presentation and concept is a utter distillation of everything wrong with the corporate understanding of the video game industry.

Jesus, this was unreal. A fucking train-wreck, as horrifying to watch as it was fascinating.

Attached: 1521593862697.jpg (748x748, 69K)

The sports I watch don't require precise inputs on my part that get delayed by shitty streaming.

Literally can't

Good point

They might not notice now
But when the input lag is increased tenfold they'll notice.
This isn't your average
>I can't play Kaizo Mario because there's an attosecond of delay between when I push the A Button
This is
>Push the fire button and it's a literal half second before the gun goes boom
Unless you have no fucking awareness, you're going to notice it.

I refuse to pay for digital anything, this is even more cancerous than digital storefronts because at least those let you "own" games.

I was getting heavy E3 presentation cringe vibes from the whole shitshow.

Attached: that good E3 cringe.jpg (1280x720, 53K)

>netflix of video games

Attached: bigb0ss.png (590x386, 126K)

There's nothing to buy you absolute retard.

Because it's google I put on my "Social Justice goggles" and noticed that it was mostly women and people of color, maybe 2-3 white men featured.

Who?

Don't trust action games will run good on streaming but holy shit no download time is diamonds.

Attached: 20190302125058_1.jpg (1125x511, 68K)

>Wifi connected controller
>Streaming from datacenter
>While you're streaming
Nobody's going to be fucking streaming with this. There'd be no point.

They tried that, and already established ISPs stopped them every step of the way. Want to move some cables around on utility poles? Even AFTER city ordinance approved the action? Have a fucking lawsuit from AT&T. Do the same thing in another city like Nashville? Get sued again, this time from both AT&T and Comcast, every time, accusing Google of "breaking federal rules". Rules that were lobbied for by major telecom companies to prevent competition from cropping up. The best part is that the infrastructure Google was trying to use to roll out fiber is antiquated. We have handed out grants to these ISPs to upgrade old infrastructure and roll out services like fiber and every, single, FUCKING TIME, these major telecom companies have pocketed the money. Upwards of 500 billion pocketed from American taxpayers, and very little to show for it.

They stopped rolling out fiber earlier in the decade.

Attached: not fun.jpg (942x1080, 102K)

PSNow is objectively the most successful streaming service for games

This dogshit is literally unplayable unless all you want to do is be a babby brained casual norman playing shitty ass casual games like asscreed.

They only care if this thing works in Korea, California and New York.

twitch.tv/minatokiwi

Oh fuck I just realized Google will start attending E3 now.

Attached: 1442698757456.png (423x341, 28K)

Oh good more shitty 2.5 minute long "inspirational" videos about G A M I N G that are blatant diversity quota shlock followed by 30 minutes of "Innovation and Technology" talk where they only discuss 2 games total. I can't wait.

TELL ME THE PRICE ALREADY

Attached: 20190302171953_1.jpg (1042x692, 118K)

Attached: 1101011.png (441x526, 65K)

>and 8K
>wooh...

Now that's a real chat

Yes that market has tons of other examples to use for reference now don't it.

the fucking demo had 4 seconds of lag

at liberal cuck hq San Fran

>no Japanese games
>no Nintendo games
>no Sony games
>no mods
>input lag
>only shitty western multiplats that you don't even play
>focus on streamers begging for money and e-celebs
>how to make shitty easy western games even easier: you can just ask it how to pass it
>internet required at all time
>you don't own shit
>first party is literally Jade Raymond making shitty mobile games with 4k resolution

Attached: 1547607187930.jpg (480x480, 53K)

It wasn't even the 'cringe' vibe. It was the sheer disconnect they had from reality.
Infrastructure in Canada, let alone the fucking US, cannot support something like this. In the places where internet isn't extremely limited, a lot of people still have shit speeds and low data caps they consistently bust by streaming shit like netflix at night. That's not even touching on the input lag and stuttering going on throughout their own fucking demo.

They also have this notion that everyone owns a fucking 4k, forget 8k, monitor or TV. They don't. Not that most games are even capable of hitting 4k without up-scaling and shitting the bed.

Then there's that WiFi controller with a built in mic. Privacy aside, what kind of brain-dead moron needs to fucking help to finish a modern AAA game? Nobody was asking for a built in assistant to babysit you while you play, and spy on you when you're not.

And the worst aspect of all: Gaming as a SERVICE.
Not games as a service. GAMING.
>Where's the fucking mod support?
Nope can't do that.
>What if Google loses licensing to X game
Tough shit, you lose everything.
>Custom Servers?
Get fucked.
>Do I own anything?
No, now give us your money.
>You want innovation?
Get fucked heres the same controller companies have been using for more than 10 years, to play games that also have changed in 10 years, on am unrealistic service no one asked for.

Attached: 1480823349712.jpg (1383x1152, 311K)

make it 20

Apparently Google actually want the FGC to start using Stadia which is such a bad idea of so many levels (even just by the mere fact that the controllers are WiFi-only)

Attached: 1469023556062.jpg (250x205, 8K)

Only available in 18 cities in the US, pretty hard to get Google Fiber when it's not available.. stupid GOY

If I can't physically own my games, I don't care.

Truly fucking out of touch.

Shit like this is one of the main reasons why gaming went down hill as fast as it did in the mainstream. Games, and the decisions pertaining to them, stopped being made by people who actually played, and were passionate about, video games. The mainstream moved to a almost purely corporate committee based model.
People who have never touched a game in their lives are dictating the direction of the game industry, and fucking Joe Normie and the hardcore lads, byenlarge, just lapped it up for years.

Fucking Horse Armour.
Looks who's laughing now.

Attached: 1471730647868.jpg (1920x1200, 1021K)

>streamed games
Won't the input lag be a nightmare? With most online games you don't have to deal with that because you, the player, are local to the computer and it's the other players whose actions are sent to you, but I feel like trying to move around with multiple frames of delay as the controller sends your actions to the cloud and the cloud then sends the resulting video to the display, over not just the Internet, but WiFi connection, would feel awful.

Attached: 1361422638977.jpg (400x300, 26K)

Action games won't feel right but streaming is neat for slow paced games like puzzles and turn based.

BUT HEY
THAT'S JUST A THEORIZING

DEAD

ON

ARRIVAL

>input lag
>no 240 hz
>compression

heh ill stick to muh pc

If it's a slow-paced game like puzzle or turn-based, would it be resource-intensive enough to require streaming?
Is the idea that they'd bring existing games onto this platform in order to make them accessible on all platforms, making it a win for people who want to play PC puzzle games on their phone, or are they creating new games just for this platform that you won't be able to access otherwise?

I agree
Just look at the massive shit show that is rural America internet
People STILL rely on Jewstop for games

submit to your corporate overlords already.

Google DRM Streaming Stadia
-No game ownership
-Must pay rental fee
-Must be online
-No mods support ever
-Game catalog will rotate like Netflix
-Please renew your rental subscription
-Banned and lose access by Google (tm) data mining spying tech on your emai, YouTube, social media account for offending a Californian
-This is all OK because Google press event had a woman presenting so buy her rental gaming DRM service

Google DRM Stadia has no consumer box, its in their data center. It will always have image, data, and controller latency issues because data pockets from one end of a physical data center has to reaxh your house and that speed literay cannot and is not allowed to go faster than the speed of light. Fuck Google execs smiling each time the PR line "no box, this is the future of gaming" dropped, eat out of your own snake ass Google; I hope the EU and the US gov file more antitrust and monopoly lawsuits you snakes.

P.S.. Google literally works with China on internet censorship and military AI contracts with the Chinese military.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 104K)

There's a reason the test game was Assassin's Creed. Word from actual testers is that it kind of works on casualshit, and feels like playing on a TV with long visual lag, but anything that requires fast reflexes or high precision you can straight up forget because they're impossible.

might be okay for movie games
oh wait all of them are on ps4 hahah

>say nibba
>Amazon drone JDAM's your place
the conference

>streaming is neat for slow paced games like puzzles and turn based

No it's not. There is nothing "neat" about streaming. It's all downside, no upside. It's just giving up all control and getting a worse experience that undoubtedly costs more.

>skimming the talk
>they hired that sociopath e-celeb to help shill their onlive gimmick
>audience full of boomers
>nogaems
>input lag
have you ever seen a company make a more expensive mistake?

I can already see bought and paid "journalists" hailing this as the next step in evolution and labeling everyone who calls it shit a Russian bot.

I will not roll over and be a good goy.

One of the only silver linings to the modern corporate age is that independent publication is easier and better than it has ever been thanks to the internet. But we'll see how long that lasts.

Attached: __nintendo_and_original_drawn_by_yajirushi_chanoma__05df2b3398a9595c8704dc6328c9e6ad.png (1000x900, 1.21M)

This sounds like OnLive 2.0

I'd clap

Attached: it's all so tiresome.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

how

>I will not roll over and be a good goy.
what if i offered you a free loot box and a one week trial of stadia? all we need is a sample of your blood bro.

166ms according to DF. Probably not including V-Sync...

Onlive + OUYA: digital Titanic

lol I get 20mbits of download tops it'd never work here

patrician as heck.

Attached: Stadia.png (1569x767, 977K)

Yeah man. While we're at it lets get chipped, and run all out information and actions through a social scoring system that determines our life and arbitrarily bends to the whims of some faceless, unaccountable entity.

Seriously though, as someone who operates in creative spaces, I'm legitimately concerned about corporate control and censorship.

Attached: 1484890475290.jpg (3000x1600, 696K)

Why the fuck would you stream with this?

i make money from streaming as a second job and i can't think of a single good reason to use this shit

They will never be able to fix input lag

it would against the laws of physics

They probably were hooked right into the server. Actual delay will be much worse

>use google controller
>microwave starts
>get disconnected from game

Attached: smug loli.jpg (300x300, 19K)

>and i can't think of a single good reason to use this shit
If you don't YouTube will cut your exposure and unlist your videos. Videos recorded through Stadia will get preferable ads and exposure through search engines and algorithms.

Google has the NWO behind them

Google founded by
>Larry Page
>Sergey Brin
Both jewish

Enjoy the NWO jewish illuminati console
Be a good goy buy google

Attached: Larry-Page.jpg (618x412, 145K)

>NWO
Fucking retard.

this. a piece of garbage. probably shitter than ouya

they had XV in the trailer. But I have no reason for wanting to play that shitshow again.

t. kike

talmund literally calls for a israel to rule over the whole world

Most places in New York and California don't even have a connection capable enough.

Cite the passage(s) you're talking about.

>Actually believing this
Imagine being this much of a moron.

>20GBs per hour
HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

>This stream
>That trailer
Sure is a lack of actual video games. Trailer was 90% streamers. I want games not the retards playing them.

Microwaves only really affect 2.4gHz range routers. Anyone running on something like AC shouldn't have a big deal with interference. However, like others have mentioned in this thread, the infrastructure just isn't sufficient to stream videogames. We already lock up in certain regions at prime time, due to everyone watching netflix. THAT with Google's streaming vision, just equal nonstop service interruptions and slowdown.

everyone uses 2.4GHz

5GHz doesn't go through walls

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-19 at 2.21.17 PM.png (3310x2158, 1.25M)

DON'T DO THIS IT CREATES MUSTARD GAS

Attached: 0C28E223-0203-4D96-8935-6CAA683ECC9A.jpg (1234x366, 209K)

theres nothing to discuss
its a piece of shit and should not exist
it insults me on a personal level
stop making threads

My friend beta tested it and didn't have any lag at all!
Yeah, he lives in Mountain View, what about it?

Then there you go, no more hotpockets while you game lads.

Launching this year but they announced no game, no price and no date. Crash and burn

>playing 1v1 game
>talking to opponent using VoIP
>say "OK GOOGLE, REHEAT MY HOTPOCKETS FOR 2 MINUTES" through mic
>opponent is disconnected

Except even in their demonstration it was stuttering, laggy, and destroyed by compression.

I hate google too but for all you fags screaming INPUT LATENCY
*They will put dedicated servers all over the place.*
People out on farms who already can't play online due to dogshit pings won't be able to play this, but if you live in a city of >500k people you will probably be fine. Fucking Path of Exile has like a dozen dedicated server locations for their one decade-old F2P game, I dare say that Google can afford somewhat better.

500ms is half a second retard.

do you realize that you will get input delay just streaming a game to another room in your house on LAN? It doesn't matter what servers google puts where there will still be input delay. The same input delay developers have sunk hundreds of thousands of hours to avoid because people will quit your game if it's too high.

All about how high it is.
From my house in Canada to Cali? Fuck no.
From my house in Edmonton to Calgary 180 miles away? Maybe.
From my house to downtown? Probably fine.

Your mortal soul.

Attached: 1541610844262.jpg (3264x2448, 620K)

VR was more playable than this streaming shit will be

>not having a backlog that could last you the rest of your life

It's 166ms under the absolute best case scenario (both the user and server were on the same network). For reference, even PC in-home streaming is 79ms. As soon as it goes across the internet, you start racking up latency like crazy. Absolute best case scenario is 200ms, but that's for small loads like pings. It's possible that while saturating the network with a HD stream, the latency baloons to several hundred ms.

I'm in a GF city, but in one of the suburbs. All the cities outside of the main city are void cutouts in their map. Hopefully that just means they need to make separate agreements with those cities, but it doesn't help that we have an unusually high percentage of the metro area in the main city. I'm also waiting for at&t to get their fiber ass down here. I'd probably end up getting both when they get here.

I still wouldn't want to stream my games even with a 10ms lag and when I don't play FPS type shit.

Attached: keep san antonio lame.png (166x62, 4K)

Oh, and I have gigabit ethernet thrugh the house and lag still sucks hard when I use screen sharing to do some quick daily shit from my laptop.

Google could build a server farm right next to your house and you'd still get bad input lag dude. There is no way around the laws of reality.

Do you have to live alone for it to properly to work? What if 2 people in the same house decides to stream gaymes?

I might get one of their controllers. might be nice to use.
not a shill

Eh, maybe when everyone will have ultra fast fiber internet or something, but until then the input lag alone is enough to dissuade anyone. Well anyone except some normalfag consolefaggots perhaps.

>console
>console
>console
>console
They aren't even hiding who the intended audience is.

I know 4 of these

HOW DO I BEAT THIS TOMB?

Basically Onlive 2019 Edition but now with modern internet, bigger infrastructure, and can be used on any device that supports Windows/Mac/iOS/Android.

Unless Google's planning to rollout high speed fibre across the entire planet I don't see how this will work

>Starts conference by saying he's not a gamer
wew

Even if they did, it doesn't solve the latency issue.

They're focusing on first world areas. No poorfags allowed. If your area doesn't have fiber already it's shit.

no one would go on stage and denigrate themselves like that.

Even a normalfag can put two and two together to see how fucking dumb of an idea this is.
I hope Google gets scorched in the ass for this, fuck them.

Attached: 1550439339920.png (297x315, 36K)

I hate that vidya went mainstream. so cringe.

Attached: 1551403029555.png (250x202, 22K)

>Haha us nerdy gamers rite guiz?
Why did gaming have to get mainstream?

Attached: 1486542025973.jpg (2000x1333, 170K)

>w-w-will I able to just play offline if I I w-want right?
>I won't be unable to play games without internet right?

Attached: flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg (805x1000, 93K)

Unless Google starts rolling out quantum computing I don't see how anybody could use this for anything else than turn-based games.

Oh boy, It's OnLive. Again!

I guess they're expecting Starlink to save the day.

Attached: elon-1551504209187.png (432x745, 294K)

Who the hell is the target audience here? It isn't your casual mom gamer, who only plays mobile. It isn't anyone playing any kind of multiplayer game, which is the vast majority of the normies nowadays. And it fucking isn't anyone who gives two shits about gaming because of input lag. You couldn't play Devil May Cry or Dark Souls in a streaming plataform.

And don't even get me started on what happens when you have no internet connection.

Haha a secret message only a few of us will get :)

It would mostly help if you tried connecting to server in a different continent and with google servers all over the place you don't really need that.

i cringed

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-19 at 4.59.40 PM (2).png (1920x1080, 730K)

If you enter it on the stadia website you get the 3D view of the controller.

jews

>California and New York
It's cute that you think these places have good internet

>a few
Sorry m8, it's already gone mainstream.
Nothing cool is left for us.

Attached: konami's-best.gif (350x332, 122K)

Hi resetera

>Hi, how can I help?
>>Could you help a girl out with this part? :)
>show bob and vegene

>slight hiccup of server
>millions of people die simultaneously worldwide even in single player games because of brief connection loss
>input delay of 10 frames or higher
>google listens to you with microphone
>no exclusives at launch and whatever it'll have will be trash (jade raymond)
>either have to buy individual games or get a game pass like subscription in which case it won't have new games but just slightly older ones

Attached: 1542191336244.jpg (459x492, 164K)

i don't see how this is related to the cuck comment.

Stop getting out of the subject re4ard

t. read the cliff notes version of the elders of zion and now an expert.

i bet you're so dense in the head someone could convince you to suck their dick if they were charismatic enough.

Why does the controller look happy and evil at same time, guys?

Attached: untitled.jpg (706x710, 38K)

this post is 100% based, but "X-as-service" is the newest meme that silicon valley is pushing, because muh elasticity and muh pay per use.

i still can't believe nobody explain to google's board of directors what's input lag and how boring and uninspired the logo and the name is

google has literally no idea of what "shift+tab" does, lmao

Because is created by a evil corporation

FINALLY... FREE DOOM

Attached: equilibrium_movie_2002_poster.jpg (1280x1024, 363K)

an equilibrium game can only reach its true potential with vr

It looks like someone with their mouth taped shut.

underrated

>controller -> server -> tv is worse than controller -> console -> server -> console -> tv

Attached: 1512321056744.png (403x448, 93K)

It's an evil moogle.

Attached: Henchman_Moogle_(FFXI).png (186x287, 45K)

GODSPEED user... SKYNET DELIVERS

Attached: terry-gilliams-brazil-1985.png (1280x688, 825K)

Has anyone drawn Stadia-tan yet?

A lot of normalfags are gonna eat this shit, I hope it crashes fast

the input delay on this thing is gonna be worse than smash ultimate

This, would be like pushing the button and waiting 2 seconds until it does something on the screen.

>announce console
>but something is missing
WHERE ARE THE FUCKING VIDEO GAMES

Attached: no games jackson.jpg (480x360, 11K)

Do you ever feel like the world's making a concerted effort to make almost everything fun shittier

Attached: jibanyanbored.png (716x639, 478K)