Other urls found in this thread:

media.eventhubs.com/images/2011/02/15_blog06.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=9uGaG_Cpcck
youtube.com/watch?v=bL91scCpc6M
kofaniv.snk-corp.co.jp/english/info/15th_anniv/2d_dot/creation/
youtube.com/watch?v=Wz2VAI-p218
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ENF are a source of comedy

2D Fighting games used to look so fucking cool. What happened?

How did they get away with putting this in a mainstream game in the 90s?

It was a different time, people were less triggered towards things like this.

>in the 90s

like that

Bullshit. They literally had Senate hearings because of Mortal Kombat 1 and a fully clothed Dana Plato.

Yeah, but we didn't have gaming journalists who would repost vidya drama everyday.

I don't know. I'd take random Kotaku retardation over Congressional oversight. At least the former doesn't have any real power. I'm probably older than most people here and I can tell you that when those hearings were happening there was a real fear we'd get actual laws banning shit. That's why the ESRB came into place. The industry blinked and was like "okay okay! we'll self-regulate!"

so they let mai drown?

1 SFIV
2 anime art style has only gotten worse

I don't have my binoculars. what am I looking at?

Didn't the Masami Obari OVA about Fatal Fury come out at the same time at this game? That one had nipples too.

IIRC the real reason is that CERO wasn't a thing yet when this was made. Cero actually doesn't allow full blown nudity like nipples/vag.

Attached: 1540444269723.png (320x224, 20K)

Attached: 1531207951068.jpg (400x371, 104K)

>2 anime art style has only gotten worse
I like French Bread's style except for the tiny baby hands and feet, the shading looks nice.

I think Basara's ghost wife also had nipples in the jp version of Samurai Shodown

I wouldn't say this goes against CERO anyway.

The huge eyes/pupils kinda bugs me.

Attached: 1524894722895.png (1000x1665, 559K)

Why are there no nipples in games anymore? Not even DOA has them.

Doesn't allow as in "gets really high rating and negatively hurts sales" or doesn't allow as in "literally illegal by law"?

Also Mai's pussy.
Panties so tight you could see the outline of everything for just a few frames. Obari loves her

CERO has legal powers. It's not an industry-run regulatory body like the ESRB.

they were different times.

I mean...you also see her taking a shower.

CERO Ratings forbids full on nudity for Japanese games.
Forbid meaning they won't give it a C rating or a Z rating. They just outright won't rate it and you can't sell your game in most public stores in Japan without a rating.

Anime was better in the 80s and 90s when they still played up the cartoonish facial expressions and used thick lines and high contrasting colors like bright shades against deep blacks. This was a consequence of standard definition televisions. Modern HD allows for details to be finer and less dramatic. Those pupils would blur right the fuck out on an old 480i CRT but are clear as day on a modern screen. But at the same time, everything looks super sterile these days because of it.

Case in point: you'll never see art look like this again.

Attached: gunbuster-wallpaper-10.jpg (1024x768, 133K)

I guess that explains the censored titties in God of War III. So I guess it's like Australia where if the ratings board refuses classification it can't be legally sold?

Maybe it's not so much the eyes when I take a closer look. I think it's more of how flat the face looks at this angle. Like it needs more shading.

Attached: 1534608228066.png (900x1800, 499K)

>that last frame

Are you ok OP?

Attached: 1533748218100.png (298x219, 4K)

It's true that UNIST definitely goes for something more "flat" compared to old school fighting games, but I wouldn't call it bad.

Attached: uniel-screenshot2015-5.png (1280x720, 1.2M)

Mary>Mai

Attached: 1552614151335.jpg (1200x675, 130K)

It kinda reminds me of the NESTS era KoF portraits in shading

Mai never looked right in those animes. I don't know what it is but the art style didn't feel as authentic to the games in the way that the Street Fighter II anime did.

I'm not saying it's bad. It just looks weird.

Attached: 1524373743665.png (1200x2048, 538K)

UNIEL UI really is ugly. [st] looks so much nicer

Not sure if I agree with 2 but 1 is 100% true. Street Fighter IV really was the beginning of the end as far visuals in 2D fighting games are involved.

Attached: street-fighter-4-v1-353506-1280x720.jpg (1280x720, 202K)

video games werent mainstream.
the media hardly gave a fuck and there was no social media to bitch on.

Obari's giant robot faces look more human than the human faces faces ln those Fatal Fury ovas. The artstyle was always weird but you gotta appreciate the only time we'll ever get official Mai tits and pussy.

COME ON BABY

Attached: Blue Mary.jpg (550x1100, 85K)

New 2D SF when?

Attached: D16EXSwXcAAztvL.png large.png (300x420, 7K)

Never, sadly.

Must be troublesome to be retarded

Attached: __mumei_koutetsujou_no_kabaneri_drawn_by_mikimoto_haruhiko__03d42198cda03e4141b8c3545fae262d.jpg (2265x2856, 882K)

>that Neo Geo game he designed that the midboss is an incest couple that merges together

Attached: hammertime.jpg (267x400, 39K)

UNIST has the same problem a lot of "anime" fighters have; I don't buy into the setting. The characters all feel like cosplayers in a LARP session rather than trained warriors in real fights.

yeah, you can't put asses in videogames anymore

Attached: 1534776544389.webm (1000x562, 2.97M)

Feminists get triggered by titties but are fine with big asses most of the time.

Did I hear Obari?

Attached: 1545352547357.jpg (1612x1754, 2.02M)

Did Yuri get naked on those shows too?
She's underrated.

even on pc with the cell shade option turned on this game is ugly. holy shit. I even forgot how the console versions looked like

I'd say this fits with everything in the game trying to feel contemporary, aside from chuuni assholes fighting at night. The contrast would be better appreciated if other anime fighters did like guilty gear and bulked their characters up a bit. But people complained about that too. You can't win.

Attached: 1345738020560.jpg (850x1190, 298K)

Rival Schools did the perfect balance of anime and bulk

the characters were designed for the graphics, instead of the other way around where you have to make surrealistic lifelike cartoon caricatures.

It does, but Under Night just looks like it's trying to emulate its VN roots a bit, and that's cool and all. Just need more middleground and bulk to make it stand out a bit more. I'd understand anybody for thinking it was just a doujin fighter that got some funding.

>mainstream game
RBFF1 wasn't exactly mainstream. The boobs didn't have nipples. The conditions for seeing this were extremely rare(you had to win but also go out of bounds). The amount of time with the boobs shown was very short, And you can disable it in either the dip switches or the region settings so any arcade that actually managed to have it could have it disabled.

If I can remember well there's the King shirt rip scene

This. What's wrong OP?

2D just takes more work because they have to key frame it. The reason 3D aesthetics in 2D fighting games look weird is because there's little attention paid to strong key frames. You can tell this by looking at Feng in SFV. His sleeves just flop around randomly which doesn't look nearly as cool as it would if they had been deliberately animated to flow with his movements like you get with Capcom's CPS2 games.

What is that? It does look good but that's fucking rare these days and you know it.

I like the coloring but my god is the art bad. This guy was the Rob Liefeld of Japan.

>The boobs didn't have nipples.
They do. The resolution is just too low to make out much detail aside from a pixel or two serving as a point.

Don't bother, that art looks nice, but the show goes downhill fast something like half way through.

That's why you should hide lewd things where the casual player can't beat or find, like Mileena's extra costume in MK9

Mileena's alt was the dumbest fucking thing. If you're going to make people do that giant challenge tower bullshit and make ONE costume the prize then she should have been fully nude.

that 2D was the pinnacle and epitome of fighting games.

I don't get it. What's wrong with it? What am I supposed to see and be outraged about?

Attached: 1399397433155.png (803x790, 260K)

>At least the former doesn't have any real power.
Yeah, just ruining people's personal lives and having an entire industry cowtow to the mentally ill.

Attached: SUBHUMAN discord resetera tranny proud they got people at GOG fired.jpg (1077x1337, 373K)

tits are showing when she pops out of water

Watched this last year for the first time. Based as fuck. Nolan is such a shit breathing HACK holy shit. Stealing from Animays since 1980s and selling his hackery to the normie turd eaters.

based not-android18

American gayness and bullshit was less relevant back then

Still looks cool to me

Attached: Dragon-Ball-FighterZ-11.jpg (1920x1080, 1.31M)

Most censorship was limited to the united states only, the best example of this is all the anime butchered by 4kids

Bill Clinton wanted illegal immigrants to go back and everyone clapped. That tells you everything you need to know about the 90's. People were chill and logical.

thank god I'm not alone. I always said SFIV looks atrociously fugly to the point of being a crime against humanity. my friends said it's just video games and that I'm taking things way too seriously and personal.

Shouldn't they do that with Mai's too? She wears much less than Mary.

>wtf bro you got a blowjob

Trolls gonna troll. The pressure should be put on the people who actually have power over the person being unfairly targeted. Disney was forced to rehire James Gunn thanks to it. It's not that these retards have power, it's that too many cowards are in positions of authority.

This is an obvious exception.

I still don't get why this is considered bad. it's clearly made for comedic purpose and is only showing for a split second.
I grew up on saturday morning cartoons playing this trope all the time.

Attached: 1543335722884.gif (426x317, 2.97M)

What is it?!

Show me one Saturday morning cartoon that showed bare tits on American TV.

you know how are americans
it would probably be better if her tits were ripped off

A diamond or something like that when they went underwater.
Kuririn takes it and gives a good smell haha.

every snk player wish

>gives a good smell haha
Doesn't he canonically have no nose and no sense of smell? From that early tournament where his opponent stank.

I feel the same way, it's like the nipple is the only sexual part of the breast because someone wrote so in guideline.

Attached: 1553012689361.jpg (1152x2048, 389K)

That's the point. It's random people with powers fucking around with a handful of people being "warriors"

Here come the fucking "Old good, new bad!" fags again. Get fucked, anime fighters look great and there's way more good looking shows per season than before. Get the fuck outta here with that cherrypicked shit, every single fucking time.
SF and KoF are the ones that took a huge nosedive in style, and that's solely on them failing to transition well into 3D.

People always say there's a difference in UI between versions but I can't see it

>anime fighters look great
eh

KOF looks very good in 3D when you know what you are doing,

Attached: Mai.jpg (1920x1080, 539K)

Those are 3D models

As sad as it is, Id still take IV's ugliness over SF5's, aggressively hideous, purposely ghetto looking style.

Just because he can't smell doesn't mean he doesn't try to.

Cool Momiji

Making sprites is incredibly expensive and time consuming.

No shit

Bitch, Rob wishes he was half as Obari as Obari.

Attached: obarimus.jpg (1024x768, 106K)

this looks like shit shut the fuck up and fuck off

He's more known for his mecha designs than his human designs for what it's worth

See, I get that. But here's the thing. I don't care. That's not my problem. If you can't afford to properly make your product, then there's something very wrong with how you run your company or industry. It's not my job or responsibility to PREASE UNDERSTANDU. It's there's job to make a not shitty product.

Attached: Jam wave.webm (494x700, 129K)

Yeah, attractive girls are unchristian but female genitalia mutilation is awesome, bring the whole family to watch as she screams and twists in pain.

Attached: 3873.png (950x450, 191K)

Well I gave you the exact reason, the only company making sprites any more is arcsys.

This. I'm so sick of the video game consumer base "understanding" their way to worse games.

Just wait till I start my game

Can't wait to play your game in 30 years

Vote with your wallet then.

Money and talent needed for them don't justify the costs. 3d models are easier to work with as they can be recycled easily and edited for costumes to make easy DLC money.

I remember the guys who made Skullgirls saying a single character, not counting the ones that reuse animations, costed around $200,000 to create. Imagine doing that for a game with a roster of 24 or 32, and even that number is seen as "small" for most fighting games today.

Attached: tenor.gif (498x494, 1.61M)

I do. I didn't buy SFV at all. But then in SFV discussions I get told to shut up because you "can't talk about a game you don't play" like a retarded catch 22.

>costed around $200,000 to create.
I question this number because during game development money doesn't work that way. A lot of the costs do double, triple, quadruple duty like paying rent for the workspace where a lot of different things are being done at once. It's not like you hand $200,000 to a person and they produce a single character and that's it.

Keep on keeping on then.

That's just an excuse. It doesn't change the fact that the products on a whole have become lacking. Smaller companies have gone well out of the way to show that 2D style can still be done properly.

The 3D models don't even look good either.

How much money can I make off a 2D fighter with my art skills?

Attached: krita sketch.png (800x800, 168K)

My point is that gamers are retarded. They tell you to not buy shit and then bitch when you tell them why you didn't buy shit.

>It's not like you hand $200,000 to a person and they produce a single character and that's it.
no one said it's like that.
your reasoning on how those money are spent is right, but still it means that, including all the things you mentioned and more, $200.000 are needed to create a skullgrils character.
obviously they can't figure how each single aspect of the game costed, but if, as an example, they spent 1 million in the time span it took them to make 5 characters, it is safe and generally accepted to say that each character costed about 200.000

I would honestly take a game with 15 really well done characters over 40 so-so ones.

I looked it up and here's how they explained the cost for one of the characters people donated for. Apparently they costed $150,000 to make.

Attached: dims.jpg (530x298, 50K)

>hitboxes: $2000
HAHAHAHAHA

>hiring people living in california
why do game companies do this?

Attached: 700.jpg (200x313, 10K)

Draw nude plz.

I actually would be interested in a game that has a kind of school notebook art style like that. It has charm. Can you animate?

(Seriously, draw nude).

I've tried to learn animation, but is quite not easy.

Attached: tumblr_oqpza4BYKw1wqgzhqo1_250.gif (200x200, 30K)

I take even a game with 8 chars if they are completely unique from eachother

3D meme, then by the time the industry realized that 2D still has its value the talent had been scattered to the wind forever

it's a nice artstyle, but it's too generic
and it's still not anatomically correct
>boob on the right is completely wrong
>ankle, foot, and toes bending on the right leg is wrong compared to how the leg itself is drawn
>right arm(shoulder to elbow) is slightly longer than it should compared to the left bended arm
i could go on, but i think you get the point

>I'd take a game with less content as long as it looked pretty
There's a balance to be struck for sure, but I would rather see it err on the side of quality over style.

Attached: 1551458562676.png (644x707, 246K)

Depends. Now animate it.

Right but what can we really take away from that then? What does it cost to make a 3D character? I doubt if you ran the same breakdown a single character in DOA6 cost all that much less.

its fine she has extra stores of oxygen in her titties, ninjas are crazy man

I get when you have a larger cast of characters everyone wants there favorite. Im guilty of No x No buy myself but a certain point you have to wonder "why not just play the old games" if the next one is just gonna be a copy paste job.

Attached: hotaru-weee.gif (100x110, 36K)

Newfag to fighting games, what's wrong with that exactly?

Keep at it. I'd like to play a game that looks like your work.

2D fighters are really hard to make, cris

>gamers are one person

only because of their animation huge number of frames.

they're very simple to make if you use 3D or don't require millions of frames.

i dont think you understand what 2D entails that it's completely unneeded in 3D
with 3D, you make one model, and once it's done, it takes literal minutes(one hour tops) to make an animation from idle to, lets say, a punch, you literally just move the bones and joint to the mid steps of the animation, and the animation software(which only needs to be programmed once, unless it's already in the game engine that its been used) fills the gaps.
The animation looks wonky? 3 minutes to readjust some of the bones in some of the midsteps, and it's done.
with 2D, each and every single frame is drawn by hand, and can take hours and hours to get right a single punch, there's no animation software to fill the gaps, (almost)nothing can be reused, and if by any chance the animation looks wonky(and i say by any chance because unlike 3D, there's much more planning before drawing), it has to be redrawn from scratch, and that will take more and more work hours.
one punch in 3D = one model, few positioning, animation sofware = few hours tops from idle starting position to full animated motion
one punch in 2D = careful planning, tens of hand drawn framesm no aid from any software = multiple days from idle position to full animated motion

Merkava has some of my favorite sprites of any character.
>All of his crouching buttons are either smashing their toes or biting their ankles.

Attached: B1526EE9-08CC-496E-88C8-C36C1F5ED6BA.jpg (393x418, 24K)

In my experience the more persons of any sort you gather together the more retarded they become. Was it Pratchett who said something to the effect of "The IQ of a crowd is the number of of people divided by the lowest IQ among them"

You're gonna trigger all of /m/.
His art is great and he's also a fantastic animator

Attached: images (34).jpg (316x465, 26K)

Penis penis penis penis penis penis penis

You know I don't think I'd even mind so much if the graphical style SF5 chose wasn't so blasted hideous. MvC3 looked okay and Samurai Showdown looks cool. So why does SF5 look like a holiday special.

She's pretty but she's not Momiji

Attached: Not me btw.webm (900x506, 2.9M)

e-sports happened

that's KOF 14?

Reminder that Mary is used good.
Mai is superior because she's saving herself to Andy.

Mai is a perpetual whiny self absorbed bitch who can't give a man some goddamn space even when he's going through emotional times. She's a self centered cunt who's a bitch to her own friends because of her desperation for cock and she's a cunt to his friends because of the same.

Mai is probably one of the worst people on the whole KOF roster but everyone ignores what a shrill pain in the ass she is because nostalgia fap.

No. Seems like DOA

skullgirls have really autistic hitboxes & hurtboxes. this is for every attack.
and this shit costs money

compared to street fighter for example
media.eventhubs.com/images/2011/02/15_blog06.jpg

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (538x386, 26K)

>playing fighters gives me anxiety, can't do inputs for shit
>only time I enjoy playing fighters is when I was smoking crack, mainly played KOF
>not smoking anymore, can't even look at a fighting game without getting extreme anxiety

God dammit, it was bad enough before but now I've conditioned myself into feeling panic when I try playing a fighter.

Attached: 1429725280852.jpg (578x712, 114K)

>autistic hiboxes & hurtboxes
i hope "autistic" isnt used in a negative way in this context, because Skullgirls' is more close to how the fighting community always wanted hitboxes to be than how the vast majority of fighting games do them, like the SF example you posted

if they went to any MUGEN community the members would do better hitboxes for free

You deserve it for being macrackhead.
Good thing you stopped though. Say no to drugs.

I guess its time to get DOA5, unless 6 is better and also has Mai in it

That was not the right picture at all

Attached: Winners_Dont_Use_Drugs.png (320x224, 6K)

Source? I miss the old days when non porn/smut series could have nudity.

I still have my D.A.R.E. certificate lying around somewhere

Video games in general don't benefit from super accurate collision. What "feels" right to the player requires judicious leeway. It's why it feels perfectly normal to balance Mega Man on a ledge by what looks like a single toe. Yes, leniency done haphazardly can make a game weird but being married to matching the hitboxes to the actual artwork isn't the right way to correct for that.

That was just some rando piece of hentai I had since forever ago.

Mai is confirmed DLC at least. And a second SNK character. I heard Kula speculation.

6 plays better but has way less content. Mai will be in 6 eventually but isn't in yet. Both have f2p versions so you could just buy Mai for 4 bucks or whatever they're charging. Or if you're on PC just pirate them.

Man I liked DOA a lot in the day but Marie and Honk just make me furious every time I see them. And for whatever asinine reason they're now the main face of the series.

i mean yea they're cool, but id say unnecesary

Beginner here. Somebody please explain why they use hit boxes and don't go by when the models/sprites actually connect.

marie is shit but honoka is fun to use.
Her personality is annoying at first but you know what, she at least have a personality.

Yeah, I hate those new characters, too. They really upset my penis whenever people post them in threads.

>she at least have a personality.
No she doesn't. She's a retarded Moe UGUUUUUUUU who stole every trait she has from other characters.

Looks like pic related
How much would a 3D character cost to make then?

Attached: 146.png (487x622, 128K)

Consistency and less calculations.

A Sprite is just a Quad mesh or a rectangle, hitboxes are needed because you need to just detect when a part of the attack hits the oponent body hitbox.

open mugen editor and you'll understand.

multiple reasons
easier to test, easier to balance, performance

6 is better and will have Mai plus another KOF character in it in June. Both are free to play but you will have to buy Mai for either.

Attached: 1552985293417.jpg (1080x1920, 245K)

Seething. Sorry your waifu got nerfed.

Nico's pretty shit too.

I'm most popular fighters, the characters are actual martial artists in one way or another. in Guilty Gear or Blazblue, most are bounty hunters, killers or agents. I think only Arcana Heart, Melty Blood and Unist are the exceptions.

Even in the pc98 waifu fighters they look more fit to fight.

Its not easy to make a good 2D fighting game. There is a graveyard full of terrible fighting games no one remembers anymore

>fun to look at
>fun to play as
>"shit"

Get your brain fixed friendo

Attached: 1552919921542.jpg (1920x1080, 317K)

I think you could put Melty Blood and Unist in with the others if you take into account that most of the casts for both games are either monsters, killers, and martial artists and/or mages.

>retarded anime LOL SCIENCE girl who doesn't have an actual martial art

sir i feel like you just want to shitpost and dont even care about the game, and are trying to bait others into posting more nico.

Attached: Dead-or-Alive-6-NiCO.jpg (1280x720, 102K)

Because mugen tenshin is a real martial art. The series has always had anime-haired girls with bullshit fighting styles.

because two reasons:

1) Most 2D fighters have barebones single player content.
2) Most 2D fighters focus on the mutiplayer aspect.

By consequence:

1) Any fighter without the comunity is dead, since no single player content.
2) The comunity is focused mostly on shinny new AAA releases.

Some way to avoid this could be enough single player content to be playable if the FGC don't want your game.

>an actual martial art

because this is totally a thing in fighting games

Attached: 1552960862229.jpg (1940x1123, 392K)

I'd like DOA more if the girls didn't have that love pillow thousand yard stare. Soul Calibur is so much better at adding life to the girls' expressions.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 147K)

Nico without glasses is best Nico

Pic not related

for my sanity i hope you are shitposting.

>Soul Calibur is so much better at adding life to the girls' expressions.

My fucking sides...and you even took the liberty of proving yourself wrong

Attached: I'VE HAD IT.png (1920x1080, 2.72M)

Why does this make me rock hard?

Wrong

Attached: 20190310200552_1.jpg (1940x1123, 386K)

It's ridiculous how good does Mai look by comparison to her KOF XIV counterpart. I pirated DOA5 first and KOF IV second, and the graphics took a massive dip in quality. I personally don't like how doll-like characters look in DOA, but KOF's somehow manage to look like actual plastic.

Because by that logic, when a character throws a punch, you will get hit if you are touching his leg.

You need to distinguish where things are actually active or you get situations like most side scrollers where touching = damage.

SNK didn't really know what they were doing. You can see even among the different trailers they figured out things regarding models and lighting, but still were suspect by release. You can plop the models into other games with better lighting and see improvement.

>I personally don't like how doll-like characters look in DOA
I'll never understand this criticism. DOA characters since 5 haven't looked any more "doll-like" than characters from any other 3D fighter. Models from MK, Tekken, SC, SF don't look any more natural.

There was some shoot em up that has a secret ending of girls in skimpy clothes. But you have to 1cc clear it so yeah.

why SNK didn't simply reused most of the sprites from 12/13 and made 14 in pixel art?

Attached: 00.jpg (968x545, 182K)

Your friend is right.

Whats this picture about?

An AI that can make a chinese cartoon girl from some photo.

When I say "doll-like" I really mean to say "they look like dolls".
Street Fighter V looks like Play Doh. Dead or Alive girls look like dolls. It's because their skin is absolutely flawless, doll-like in its perfection, there's nothing that immediately draws some (negative) attention. It's also the eyes, they look pretty but they don't like 100% alive.
Again, I prefer DOA's to KOF's and Street Fighter's, but they still look like dolls.

Because as mentioned earlier those sprites are ridiculously time consuming and expensive to make. Recall how an user mentioned the difficulty of making sprites and how stuff needs to be planned out. One of the developers has gone on to mention that it'd take him about a work day to do one whole frame of animation.

Also it's not to say that they didn't want to or try. In interviews they have mentioned that in addition to having a low budget for the game they didn't even have access to the assets of XIII, and they tried to find sprite artists, but couldn't find enough talented ones for the work load and to meet the deadlines.

This goes without mentioning that regardless how one feels about the redesigns in XIII (some looking odd, some being roided up etc.), those sprites were relatively small (weren't even fully HD, that wouldn't really mesh well with ever increasing resolutions unless you find putting filters on them acceptable), a bunch of those characters had a ton of missing moves and animations despite each taking months to make, and simply some of them don't want to go through that again. Those sprites nearly killed the company again and had a bunch of the staff sleeping in the offices without going home for days at a time.

why not make sprites from 3D using some shader magic?

"you could decide to not pay your staff" is hardly an argument for trying to demonstrate things are expensive though

cause then you get bad sprites.

youtube.com/watch?v=9uGaG_Cpcck
It doesn't look good unless you redraw the sprites, which is just rotoscoping.

youtube.com/watch?v=bL91scCpc6M

Attached: 1552706101599.gif (267x199, 166K)

It's more like "even a brazilian kid can make better hitboxes"

This is hot

3D can look like a 2D drawing with some effort though.

Attached: girl.png (999x999, 431K)

Like what was done for GG? that in itself is pretty time consuming (and time consuming means more money needed) in its own right. There's videos detailing how they were made.

If you mean making 3D models and then overlaying dot art over them, that's kinda how XIII was made and is what caused them to almost go under again. They probably had to make adjustments throughout.
kofaniv.snk-corp.co.jp/english/info/15th_anniv/2d_dot/creation/

>It's also the eyes, they look pretty but they don't like 100% alive

yeah, i'm gonna have to stop you right there senpai because you are talking out of your ass.

DOA5 has easily and by far the most expressive eyes in the genre, they went so far in the detail as to add micro twitching so they don't have the fixed glass like look of . The way light reflects off them, and the wet shimmer effect they have make them look very alive and they shine brightly like jewels. All this combined with the fact that girls constantly give the camera the "fuck me" look make their eyes extremely captivating.

Trust me, i pay a lot of attention to these things...

Attached: CHRISTAAAAAY.jpg (1920x1080, 143K)

Which is why 3D anime is the future

That's neat, but the problem is that KoF never really had that type of art style. From a translation of a jap interview with the devs
>They didn't go with cell-shaded graphics because Oda and Kuroki's visual image of the KOF series is that of KOF94. (Note: The original KOF94 had an almost metallic gloss to its graphics because Irem's Mitsuo Kodama (R-Type, Last Resort) worked on it after moving to SNK. He's now the president of K2.) Neo_G agrees that Neo Geo games back then had a look that tried to imitate reality through pixels. According to Oda, the KOF series always had tall un-SD'ed characters up until 13, which was more anime-style. But because KOF13's been played for 6 years, there were people saying that the next KOF would be better if it looked anime.

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress.
The only reason it looks like that is because the artist is the based oldgod who designed for GunBuster. Mikimoto Haruhiko

Attached: __takaya_noriko_top_wo_nerae_and_etc_drawn_by_mikimoto_haruhiko__2f49a818b3c290a0004cc27ea2c67051.jp (1280x1823, 293K)

Yeah but that's hi-res 3d, at which point there's no point making sprites in the first place and you could just use the models directly, guilty gear style

To add the neo geo games pretty much kept the '94 look throughout with how the sprites were shaded. Something similar was tried even with XIII if you pay close attention to the type of shading as well.

itt autism

sketched a character I had in mind if I get serious and start a 2D fighter

Attached: tiddyscientist.png (350x450, 43K)

This was polished a bit more but SNK when it comes down to 2D sprites are fucking geniuses

Attached: rock-howard-gif-3.gif (143x220, 55K)

Indeed, they make great stuff. Sadly we only see their talent in gacha shit like MSA nowadays

Attached: Eri death.jpg (300x121, 5K)

>we only see their talent in gacha shit
huh

I dont like sugar punch on a lot of things but he's right about SNK sprites.
youtube.com/watch?v=Wz2VAI-p218

Rumble Fish is full 2d. Is only use rotation sprites for the animations and that's it.

There's a model underneath the sprites and the parts rotate according with the coordinates, like Sentinel in X-COTA is composed by several smaller sprites

About as much as Donkey Kong Country

>SNK stopped giving female characters clothing damage KOs for special moves as soon as their games actually made it easy to win fights with special moves

It's not fair bros, only the clunky ones do it

Attached: wew.png (851x670, 817K)

Capcom planned on adding clothing damage kos in Marvel Super Heroes, Cap America has it on the files

You got them in Kof13

Attached: 1525429929562.jpg (1200x900, 289K)

please post some pics of Mai's clothing damage.

SNK has always been a based and redpilled dev

Attached: based.png (665x597, 636K)

Sorry, no Mai titties for you. The clothing damage system is from AoF, so only AoF girls get it.

Attached: HwemWhL.jpg (1920x1080, 249K)

I love the idea of this channel, analyzing animation in fighting games is genuinely something I feel makes for an interesting subject, but he's just such an annoying faggot in how he speaks that it puts me off.

>only AoF girls get it

Attached: 598ee248ae17f.jpg (660x340, 33K)

And FB you mongoloid

Yes, and they are full 2d. The characters are done old style from drawings, they didn't use any 3d models.

DKC use pre-rendered sprites from a 3d model.
Have you ever seen Rumble Fish?

Attached: 2drxt7s[1].png (256x256, 8K)

Even with Obari, Nako is still a smug bitch.
Disgusting.

>crossdressers are trans
VESTITE maybe.

I want to go back to darkstalkers/Jojo with capcom games but it never will be a thing

Capcom doesn't have the licence anymore.

OKAY!

read that as "marry" for a sec