IS FINAL FANTASY DEAD?

So do you still have faith in the Final Fantasy series or is it dead for good? XII was just okay. XIII was bad and XV was utter shit. Can the series be redeemed?

Attached: EFA46256-BFDF-4EB7-8B88-0D64791C1F52.jpg (220x234, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

siliconera.com/2019/03/19/final-fantasy-xv-episode-ardyn-will-finally-make-the-crown-city-of-insomnia-explorable/
youtu.be/YcAq5O1D7TY?t=16
youtube.com/watch?v=W1k9Z0QF9O0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Can the series be redeemed?

it's possible but they basically need to go back to a FF9/SENS era like FF but:
No DLC
No shit combat system (like FFXV's "Hold O" shit)

Lads, is the Yea Forums ban in Australia going to be able to stop the local autist?

XV saved the series from death, meanwhile other long awaited titles essentially killed their respective franchises.

I would replay FF XIII three times before I ever replay FF XV once. XIII might have been bad but it still felt like a FF game. XV felt like the most generic open world game with the name Final Fantasy attached to it

Attached: 1517457703688.png (576x597, 60K)

There's a ban in Australia? Please be real

>XV
>Saved the series

Attached: 1545400696092.png (600x358, 41K)

FF isn't dead. But FFXV is.

Square has proven with XV and KH3 that they're incapable of making a good action RPG. Unless they literally copy paste KH2.

They've had small successes with fun turn based games like the Bravely series and Octopath.

I think if FFXVI comes with a good turn based system with a coherent story with likeable characters, people will come flying back to the series. They don't even need to try and be innovative. Just don't be shit. Learn from DQXI.

If they refuse a more standard turn based system and want to innovate a little, bring movement into the equation and essentially make a modern Tactics game. Have free distance based movement instead of a grid and borrow from games like Divinity OS2 when it comes to surface effects and magic spells comboing off of each other. It would be SO EASY to design this and watch people shovel money into your mouth Square.

He's not wrong. It's the only main series release with voice acting that is tolerable.

Attached: kuja didn't.png (729x175, 236K)

They need to go back to the basics with the series, stop trying to "innovate" and go back to what works.

They just need VII remade not to be horrible to rekindle the series.

Also FFXIV is still going stong.

Yes FF is dead. Squenix is dead too except for those DQ fanboys but I don't judge them since I never finished a DQ game and it seems fun. Fuck Final Fantasy though. If you want a good FFkiller game go play xenoblade. Thats what Nu-FF should have been.

i dont know
but i do know that i wont be buying any more square enix games until they are 10 burgers or less

Will it be good?

Attached: ff7 remake art.jpg (1600x900, 248K)

unironically no

I think it'll be better XV though

I NEED Remake Tifa NOW

Attached: tifa nostalgia faps.jpg (488x366, 33K)

Watching my morning turds flush is better than XV. Ofcorse it will be better since the faggot that made it quit. It will still be shit though because nobody besides Nobuo has any talent and he will be gone soon too.

They need to get some business people involved in the process who reign in the bullshit developers. Taking 10+ years to make a game never works out. There needs to be an adult in the room to keep shit focused.

No, they'll ruin everything. Especially the soundtrack.

>Square has proven with XV and KH3 that they're incapable of making a good action RPG. Unless they literally copy paste KH2.
TWEWY exists, user, though granted that was years ago.

siliconera.com/2019/03/19/final-fantasy-xv-episode-ardyn-will-finally-make-the-crown-city-of-insomnia-explorable/

did you guys see this? ardyn dlc might be pretty nice, i just hope its longer than the other dlcs

Nothing about SquareEnix recent history says that they can make a good Final Fantasy game. Even if this is just a remake, they'll do something unnecessarily stupid with this game.

just let it go user. The frenchise is dead. The sooner you realize it the better you sleep at night.

The only positive thing I remember about XV was Ignis's food.

Pretty much

The bros were honestly one of the only things I liked about XV.

What the fuck is the DLC even about?

Just makes me want to see more roadtrip settings in a batter game with what worked in XV

Do you expect (((Square Enix))) to come back from this? As much as I respect Tetsuya Nomura, even Final Fantasy 7 Remake will be made in full greed.

Attached: Final Fantasy.png (960x308, 11K)

They seemed pretty passionate about X, though.

It´s been 15 years man. Offcourse it´s dead. More to the point they have proved time and again that the direction in which they took the IP was intentional. Old fans like us are the ones with the problem understanding these last games are not a mistake but rather the direction they porpously took to capture a new fanbase. We, as fans, have been discarded just as Sakaguchi was so that the IP can apeal to a much larger audience.
Took me a while to understand that the situation was not that SE had become lazy shits living of past glories but that these games aimed to a different target audience. (You can tell this is the case because what we perceive as terrible games sells like there is no tomorrow).
It´s high time we should stop expecting anything from them. It´s not going to happen. FF is not comming back. Ever.

That vision died when Sakaguchi left. It was him the one that did not like sequels and believed in self contained worlds/ stories and characters.

That said, their marketing is still decent enough... when i saw the FF VIIR videos i felt i wanted to believe they would not fuck it up. But they will.

This X was the last great FF game. It was all downhill since then

It still hurts how bad FF 15 turned out

Attached: 2ED3DC70-8D8E-4297-B161-666BBD7BA140.png (300x309, 26K)

I liked XV a lot.
I played the royal edition tho.

>you'll never experience playing story doesn't make any fucking sense cause the game is unfinished or how bad Chapter 13 was

I don't even know if they could fix it with dlc and updates.

Attached: 1536620314583.png (2560x1440, 1.11M)

Yep, they fucked it all up when they started trying to pander to western audiences.

They already did by making it episodic.

>Almost 20 years without a good game

Gee, I wonder.

I don't think it's a matter of whether it can be redeemed or not, I think the cultural zeitgeist is simply at a place where a series like FF can no longer exist. Final Fantasy has never done anything particularly bold or innovative, just put those ideas into a polished, cohesive package. It's like the summer blockbuster of games. But just like those types of films are dying, so is the type of game FF used to be.

I've played all of XII unfortunately, and only the first chapter of XV, but XV felt better to play to me. Neither felt like an FF though.

Did you forget about FF XII? I don't like that game either, but it has some good VAs for a mid 2000s JRPG. Not all of them, Vaan is terrible.

DQ games are made by a certain team, some (many?) of which have been making them for 30 years. There's at least a few people that have been there since the very beginning. DQ is the golden goose, SE doesn't fuck with those guys, they just let them do their thing and make money when they're done with a game.

XII's localization was godtier. I don't really like the game overall but it's a travesty that people don't acknowledge the quality of that aspect.

I can't imagine how it could possibly be good.

I just want to relive the SNES and PSX days, man.

Why can’t they just make a good FF game again? Why is it so hard?

Because all of the people who made FF amazing are gone. Tetsuya Nomura is the last of golden Age Squaresoft left.

Toriyama went mad with the XIII trilogy and Square keeps him on a lease in the mobile department

Ito is trapped in a dungeon never to see the light of day again

Kitase doesn't do shit anymore but sit on his ass and be a producer

Once Nomura leaves, Square will officially die for good since he's the only one keeping them alive

Attached: FFVII_Behemoth_Artwork.jpg (1550x860, 151K)

SE would absolutely fuck with Dragon Quest if they could but thankfully Horii doesn't let them.
Aside from DQ, my faith in Square Enix is crumbled to fucking dust.

I have faith in the sense that there will be cheap spinoffs, sequels and spiritual successors, that will have moments of the old ways and I'll enjoy those. The mainline will never recover though. I've moved on to other JRPGs. Their scopes aren't as limitless, but they know what they are.

I like Nomura's artwork for FF VII and VIII, but as a director he's always seemed pretty meh. I liked the first Kingdom Hearts, but that's about it.

KHIII being garbage kind of invalidates your theory mang

Only if they find a way to make King's Knight work.

Attached: 1200px-Shapur.jpg (1200x2133, 266K)

Mine crumbled to dust more than a decade ago, so I'm not too broken up about their current status. Still pine for the good days though. I fear for the day Horii retires or dies, SE will probably tear DQ apart.

It's already episodic, it's over cheif. I've wanted to see FF6 get some love for years but I wouldn't trust Square nowadays with a spoon let alone remaking beloved games.

Attached: 1528098732374.png (1080x1016, 1.33M)

>IS FINAL FANTASY DEAD?
ff14 is printing money, and is the second best selling ff after ff7
ff15 is fift best selling ff game
ff12 remaster sell incredible well

where do you people get this shit that ff is dead?

I would rather the series die with Horii's retirement, or at least he choose a good successor.
Either you die a hero or live long enough to become the villain, or something like that.

>Making money equals good games

Attached: you_can_not_sleep_when_enemies_are_nearby.jpg (1335x1060, 123K)

>ff15 is fift best selling ff game
and still lost $33 million and got cancelled before it could be finished. it was a financial disaster for square.

Attached: xvcancelled.jpg (600x337, 48K)

>Liked FFX
>Liked FF12
>Bored to death by FF13 and couldn't finish it
>Liked FF15
>Can never say anything good about FF15
>All because some turbo autist loved FF15 so much he earned the name FF15-kun
It was a pretty good game. Combat was simplified to hell and back but I enjoyed it.

It wasn't garbage just rushed. It's a 8/10 game. It was clear having Nomura make KH 3 and FF 7 Remake at the same exact time instead of letting him just work on one game at a time was a retarded decision but Square is nothing but "retarded decisions the company"

Attached: 1545981075789.jpg (1273x711, 104K)

Wait ten years for when the kids who played it get nostalgic over it.

Since when was Final Fantasy just Suikoden in disguise?

he asked if it the franchise was dead, its not.
because it took a decade to finish the fucking game, and still is one of the best selling ff games, they just dont gonna give the project again to that fucking idiot nomura.

>Yep, they fucked it all up when they started trying to pander to western audiences.

>FFXV, a game where you play as a bunch of faggoty boy band members doing the most inane busywork fetch quest
>pandering to western audiences
If only they had pandered to western audiences. The quest design might actually have been engaging

Attached: 123404034332.jpg (2000x1328, 496K)

The camaraderie between the 4 leads really was the best part of the game and I wish that was the center point of it. The simplicity of the combat really hurt it for me l, turn based has never been amazing but now it borders on brain dead for me.

Attached: 3FFF8CB2973641F49955100B0FF3EA77.jpg (1439x1110, 599K)

>Yep, they fucked it all up when they started trying to pander to western audiences.

>FFXIII, a game completely on rails, was criticized by the series' fanbase for being westernized to appeal to a larger audience

>FFXV, a game with an aimless open world, was criticized by the series' fanbase for being westernized to appeal to a larger audience

Which is it?

Attached: 1551554266133.png (644x573, 68K)

Attempting to pander to an audience doesn't mean they're good at it.

Out of all the accusations I've heard about FF XIII, it trying to pander to westerners isn't one of them.

The OP was asking if square can come out with good new FF games or is it dead. It's not a matter of they lost money just is the series ever going to release another good FF game. And I sure as fuck don't think so.

Attached: sad_ceiling_cat.jpg (1001x1002, 33K)

>because it took a decade to finish the fucking game, and still is one of the best selling ff games
which doesn't matter at all when they still lost $33 million.
>they just dont gonna give the project again to that fucking idiot nomura.
"that fucking idiot nomura" is one of the only competent people left at square, and xv would have been kino if they never moved him off the project.

who cares? anyone who actually like jrpgs will stick with Dragon Quest

Except that's literally what the devs said their design philosophy was for XIII. They were trying to mimic western blockbuster films with constant action and railroaded plot progression. Even the locales were inspired by a cross-country American sightseeing tour.

Free trial up to level 35 and free base game with Twitch Prime.

Attached: 1504333138880.jpg (1200x630, 379K)

But the tryhards keep telling me that DQ is entry level bullshit!

So who exactly made FF good? Because since Sakaguchi left, all his games are either shit or mediocre at best so it wasn't him

Attached: 1548396826167.jpg (313x286, 71K)

Since this episode aired.

Attached: scoobbb.jpg (800x450, 94K)

>ever listening to the tryhards
this was your mistake

Why wouldn't you start with the entry level? That's like the ideal starting place.

>cyka blyat shirt
>destroyer of blizzard preparing to annihilate corporate lies

Real life foreshadowing right here.

I think all the Square power players had their own brand of autism that just so happened to balance/cancel each other out to produce something good when together. The only way to get another good FF is to either get them all back together or let someone new take the reins

sure user, just as kingdom hearts 3

Attached: 1504333138803.jpg (1920x1080, 585K)

just make a a final fantasy with the ff14 artstyle and setting. thats all i want

FF VII Remake better not be shit

Attached: 1543811894856 (1).jpg (193x230, 34K)

as soon as they announced it would be episodic you knew in your heart how shit it will be

Nah, it’s not the best in the series but it was okay. For the first time since 1 I’ve actually enjoyed going through the Disney worlds. I’m waiting for all the shit dlc will add before I compare it to the FM versions of previous games.

How could it possibly be anything but?

Are they trying to replicate the whole "complete story on separate disks" thing?

Just fucking do FFT II, no Advanced bullshit plot, just get us back to Delita-ruled Ivalice and introduce new characters.

>Nomura project
Noooope

Welcome to Final Fantasy XIV.
Aka F.F.T. Eorzea Alliance.

I think they're trying to replicate the "More parts, more money for us" thing. But this information is four years old and before the game restarted development, so who knows if it's still going to be episodic or not.

>Tetsuya Nomura is the last of golden Age Squaresoft left.
LMAO, fuck off.

user...

Attached: bert.gif (415x365, 76K)

>13-6 years in development
>rushed
I....

give me a new FF tactics, and it probably will.

The fact that you trust nuSE to do one is hilarious. Hope you like your phone game.

No, unless FF7 remake ever comes out and pulls some sort of miracle

>The fact that you trust nuSE to do one is hilarious

I dont trust them, but if such thing would happen, I would be really happy A2 is one of my favorites games on the DS and in life.

I thought they had to restart because Luminous turned out to be shit?

You do realize the game had to restart development because Luminous was causing an enormous bunch of problems, right? KH3 was really in development for like three or four years. At most they had some ideas they carried over to UE4 but they had to start from scratch minus whatever models they did.

Someone else that played King's Knight! Damn shame about it. Honestly should have been in XV to start with.

Attached: Holy Ray Jack Promoted.png (750x1334, 2.65M)

>XV is the best selling title in the franchise
>hurr durr series is dead because me no likey

FF14 is saving FF. But even it's popularity will wane

Attached: 1552875724368.webm (1294x1080, 2.12M)

Yeah, I liked it. Felt a bit more exciting than the average gacha.

Of course Tabata quit and they will apologize to Nomura till he makes 16

I for the life of me will never understand why Tabata changed so much

the average popular western rpg is shit like Diablo3 or Skyrim, not like NV, which is an underperformed and underrated game

pandering to the west means that they tried to pander to the general western audience, not to some niché western group

Yes.'

11 is shit
12 is shit
13 is shit
13-2 is shit
13-3 is shit
14 is shit
15 is MEGA shit
16 will be shit
17 will be shit
7 Remake will be shit
Dissidia is shit
world of final fantasy is shit

1-10+tactics for life death to square enix praise Squaresoft.

Attached: 1552433626650.png (327x316, 211K)

>So do you still have faith in the Final Fantasy series or is it dead for good? XII was just okay. XIII was bad and XV was utter shit. Can the series be redeemed?
Don't be hasty, user.
Tabata is gone, Sakaguchi is back, and Nomura has been released from its shackles.
The second golden age of Final Fantasy is at the door.
Episode Ardyn will unearth FF's corpse from its grave.
FF7R will resurrect it.
FFVersus will manifest its return to the whole mankind.
FF16 will ascend it to the skies.
FF-LTX will deify it for all of eternity.

Attached: VERSUS Epic.jpg (2098x598, 354K)

>Episode Ardyn will unearth FF's corpse from its grave

Are you retarded?

I really liked FF XV so I think it's fine.

I know this is just memery but I'd honestly like to see a game based off of Agni. Lunar Tear, on the other hand, looks like hot garbage. Also Nomura desperately needs to go back to being just a character designer with minor input.

>and Nomura has been released from its shackles.
He's a good character designer, not a good director.

>Sakaguchi is back

What? I didn't hear about this.

I didn't even have XIII but XV was easily the better game. Still bad, mind you. But better than XIII. XII was bad as well btw.

He's not, he's still making shitty FF clones. That entire post is just plain retarded.

Also had a story that felt like they cared, that's more than I can say of most S-E games.

Attached: IMG_3228.png (750x1334, 2M)

>have
Meant hate. The game was bad but I still got some enjoyment out of it.

XV was way better than XIII, fuck off

Why?
Because it has a boring empty open-world?

j-just wait until he's finished with Terra Wars
youtu.be/YcAq5O1D7TY?t=16

Yes actually. Boring empty world at least had the occasional secret or mission to find. XIII's hallways were very pretty but mind-numbingly dull.

As much as I liked WoFF, it's the only new FF game that's come out in over a decade that's been worth a shit. As far as I'm concerned, the series is beyond saving, especially given SE's announcements about wanting to make everything under service models and wanting to take things further in the XV direction. Disgusting.

Isn't it already done and in maintenance mode?

Attached: 1544921357230.webm (1000x562, 2.92M)

>We, as fans, have been discarded just as Sakaguchi was so that the IP can apeal to a much larger audience.
I agree with everything you put, but this part is entirely a choice. We/You can be a grumpy old fuck or you can go into future titles and try to see it as the new audience would, and appreciate elements that have remained. It's what I do and I still love FF as a series because of it. The indie market, and smaller franchises, can still deliver stuff my inner oldfag wants.

Series would have been fine if Sakaguchi didn't attempt that ridiculous movie venture. The series died the moment he left the company

You're out of your mind. I didn't like XIII very much, but it had some redeeming qualities if you dug deep enough. XV simply didn't.

>this zoomer mentality

yikes

Sakaguchi is a hack. If he were so great, Mistwalker would be well-renouned. He got lucky a couple of times, and that's about it.

Jokes on you, I love every final fantasy game.

Because, deep down, they have to believe that it's not just them that wants to return to childhood, when their lives didn't feel so dark and the future seemed filled with infinite possiblity, and that there can be change.

Attached: 1541475263995.gif (320x180, 561K)

FF XV doesn't even count for a FF game. It was like a new IP that Square wanted to do but were scared nobody would be so they slapped FF XV on it

Attached: 1530579549384.jpg (500x385, 56K)

Explain how empty hallways are any better.

They're consistent. I'd rather hallways than a boring and empty open-world with 50 gas stations.

Dead XV-ever.

I hate to admit it but this is correct. It's clear that Sakaguchi isn't the one who made FF such a masterpiece of a series it once was. He just got all the credit. It's like Matt Groening with The Simpsons. It was Sam Simon and a team of talented writers who made The Simpsons godly but Matt got all the credit.

Attached: 1531610578004.jpg (567x347, 25K)

Only one ISP I reckon.

There's been 4 shit FF games in a row.
I have no faith.

>impying a game primarily about running around anime fighting as a robo-waifu with one of the best asses in gaming shares or should quest design philosophy with a slow-burn atmospheric wild-westalike game about the nature of man and humanity's will to survive
I love both but that comparison is pure bait. Both approach their 'so deep and edgy' high school philosophy bullshit from different angles. In Nier the sidequests are excuses to wander the world map. In Fallout the world map exists to give you somewhere to do sidequests.

Attached: 1535488888164.jpg (640x448, 73K)

I'm currently playing FFXV for the first time.
I've not watched Kingsglaive or Brotherhood so when I was starting off I had no idea what was going on.
The fact the game inundates you with pointless sidequests immediately also pissed me off.
But I'm in Chapter 3 now and the game is starting to grow on me.
I even got a game over which Yea Forums led me to believe was impossible.

My rating: Good enough.

World of Final Fantasy was great. So is the reboot of Final Fantasy XIV.

New Vegas is awful.

I meant 13 trilogy and 15.
Didn't play WoFF or FFXIV because I don't really see them as "canon".

>The best Final Fantasy game with the most SOUL to be released since FF X is a fucking spin off game
Holy shit what happened to this franchise?

Attached: world of final fantasy maxima.jpg (300x168, 23K)

LR was good.

Literally just make a non-MMO rehash of Heavensward and the series will be saved in the eyes of everyone too poor to play XIV

an even more soulful ff game is coming tomorrow.

Attached: chocobodungeon.jpg (1280x720, 219K)

It was the least shit one but it wasn't good.

XIII-2 & LR are legit good though

XIV is practically a single player game and is entirely story based, it's more mainline than anything else SQNX released this decade

13 was good.

>The indie market, and smaller franchises, can still deliver stuff my inner oldfag wants.

I know. Even Square attends that market by publishing and distributing stuff like Nier Automata or Dragon Quest XI. They seem to have understood that that market is still there and want to recapture it, just not with FF titles. I myself have moved on to these secondary IPs and other RPGs like Ni no Kuni because i honestly don´t care about what FF is right now. It´s not as if i (still) resent them, i just am not interested. I gave both XIII and XV a try but i got bored with them.

This

Prioritizing graphics over everything else

I genuinely like that little touch to the physics.

ff's been replaced as the standard-bearer of the genre by persona and kino hearts anyway. a new ff game just isn't as big a deal as it once was.

Kingdom Hearts games aren't any better desu.

Give me World of Final Fantasy 2 already you cunts.

Attached: maxresdefault (8).jpg (1280x720, 116K)

>the crab doesn't attack them while they're down

>I love both but that comparison is pure bait.
How is it bait? Nier: automata si a character-driven story. If anything, its quests should have been more involved than an open-world rpg about a blank slate character, not less.

Not unless Square-Enix contracts it out to someone that understands JRPGs, since they obviously don't have anyone left that does.

It's been confirmed in the works iirc

WoFF was a perfectly okay game but let's not pretend it was anything special.

XIII sucked hard. I didn't mind the corridors or the characters or the lore. What I did mind was even though the story was literally on rails it still managed to fuck up. Why the fuck were they so determined that under no circumstances they would kill Orphan; even up to 5 seconds before Orphan's reveal and then they instantly change their mind and kill it? And what the fuck was up with the whole Formula 1 thing that they trash for no reason?

I think that's been the main problem with Final Fantasy since XIII. It's like they have a whole bunch of set pieces made up and then have to find some way of stitching it together.
XIII-2 had that whole Atlas battle which was in the demo or the Lightning riding Odin battle at the start and it made it seem like the game would be full of interesting shit like that. Only to shoehorn it into the game with no explanation and then they never use anything like that again.
XV has the whole Behemoth stalking thing when every other hunt in the game is a plain go find the mob in the field.

They make something very detailed or cool looking to show in a demo or a trailer and then they don't put quarter of the effort into the rest of the game.

13 and 15 was good.
>most complex cast in the series with human flaws and actual growth
>robust lore
>great story that plays on the parodixical nature of gameplay and narrative
>combat is simple enough to be force brute but also technical enough to be mastered
>great sequels for fans who wants more
Only flaw is
>you get what you out in, so many people who aren’t willing to invest will not get much out of it
>it’s pretty deep
Mean while 15
>strong solid cast who are each likes me
>great tragic villain
>gameplay is superb, again, easy enough to be brute forced but highly technical in the hands of an adequate player
>diverse mythology and pantheon
>great music
Only downside is
>fucking over early consumers with its horrid release schedule

I think the reason why you people hate the game is because you aren’t even mentally capable of understanding it. If you’re still asking questions about orphan, you’re probably best off playing something simpler.

Play FFXV Multiplayer: Comrades

Attached: Play Comrades.png (893x978, 945K)

How is XIII greed? It was in development hell and still had a complete release. XIII-2 added the DLC

Fuck comrades and the DLC’s. I will forever have to stare at that 86 percent complete Platinum and feel my OCD boil over.

>Nier: automata si a character-driven story
And that part is dealt with in the main story and extended material. In reality, at least the reality of the widespread popularity, it's a flippy spinny action game where certain frames let you get a good shot of 2Bs spread legs. Games like New Vegas live and die on their quests, because the characters are largely poorly animated potatos, in a drab world.

I think that's why I loved it so much. I just have a thing for non-blockbuster AAA games.

ok bro.
>We won't destroy Orphan to complete your plan Barthadelus which is to destroy Orphan which will destroy Cocoon and literally kill everybody with no way of saving them.
>Ohhh I'm Orphan and I want to die
>Ok guess we'll kill you then, it's a shame everybody is going to die though
>Lel turns out we can turn into Ragnarok now which even though was made to destroy Cocoon actually has the hidden power to turn everything into a giant crystal which we know about even though we shouldn't, it's a good job we can do that though because everyone would have been fucked otherwise.

>he thinks anyone actually cared about KH3 outside of the nostalgia factor
Game's rated as badly as XV was and was actually hyped up for as long as it was "in development"

Attached: FFXIV_Alphascape_Finale_Alpha_Heads_Off.webm (500x280, 2.83M)

Attached: Screenshot_20190320-064115.png (1920x1080, 332K)

I like almost every Final Fantasy game.

FFX-2 is literally the only game I can't get into. It's the only FF game I can't play in the living room in front of the family and every aspect of it is pure cringe.

SE is still in that last gen Japanese identity crisis that Capcom just managed to crawl out of, where they just don't understand what parts of their games exactly appeal to western gamers, so they just inject their games full of design decisions that "based on statistics, should appeal to the west"

hopefully they will manage to find that sweetspot that Capcom did, where they can appeal to the west without limiting that unique Japanese expression they are actually good at.
For a safe starter, they should go back to a more medieval-fantasy setting with the next FF, since that's clearly what most westerners want, and it wouldn't come with any kind of compensation to the series.

Attached: 1547056639299.png (306x284, 85K)

How so?

>Buckles, Zippers, Jpop
So, the PS1 era?
>Plots that make my head hurt
So you can't understand semi-complex story telling? What a NPC

Well when it was first released I'm sure my dad would beat the shit out of me for playing such a gay fucking game with such shitty dialogue.
And now I have kids of my own there is no reason in them seeing me finger Le Blanc's back. I may as well let them loose on Youtube.

His family must be full of fags if they don't like watching cute girls doing cute things.

FF arguably only started to really become great when Sakaguchi stepped back a bit from full creative control starting with FF6.

WHY IS FINAL FANTASY XV SO SHIT IT HURTS I WAS SO HYPED

Attached: 1520810122513.jpg (300x360, 36K)

Did you not like it because of that Factory in Lestallum?
Fucking incels literally ruining video games.

Whoa easy on the projection there pal.

w-why was there a 2 minute cutcene of Alpha running aroudn with a mini-Omega? I've only just started SB but that seemed needlessly long.

Holy shit what? Final Fantasy XV has so many goddamn problems and you're projecting that hard?

-The combat is braindead shit and boils down to hold O and occasionally Warp Strike
-The world is fucking empty and bland
-The characters are not memorable in the slightest and overall uninteresting
-The story is fucking trash and nothing literally happens until half way during the game

Attached: 1544745411677.jpg (692x960, 51K)

just leave it to the mad man nomura

>Return to Ivalice was an ad for Zodiac Age
>Omega Raid was an ad of the next chocobo dungeon
>Dark Apocalypse will be an ad for the next Nier game
>8 man will be an ad for the next Octopath game?

Attached: 220px-Octopath_Traveler.jpg (220x330, 29K)

It's okay user. FFXV is over now. It can't hurt you anymore. By the way, do you mind if we shove Noctis into anything he will fit in, and even stuff he won't?

Attached: Dalamund.gif (426x240, 1.76M)

Oh boy, can't wait for another decade to pass to play his game! How's that VII Remake coming along?

Just make FFXV but it is actually medieval with flying ships and the party has 1 warrior, 1 white mage, 1 black mage and someone else

They need to go back to a more semi linear structure. They already have an MMO if people want a FF open world experience.

I have no idea I just thought the webm was cute.

If you want a game series that sticks to exactly the same style every game then why don't you just play the Atelier series?

Oh, it is I guess, just seems an odd design choice for what I assume is the end-of-raid-series cutscene. Not a big deal or anything.

is FF15 really over. It's not going to at least have a sequel?

7 > 9 > 6 > 10 > 5 > 4 > 8 > 12 > 3 > 1 > 13 > 15 > 2

Attached: barret.jpg (192x217, 6K)

>XIII above XV
I see you are a man of taste

7 > 10 > 9 > 8 > 12 > 6 > 13-2 > 5 > 13 > 1 > 15 > 2 > 10-2 > LR > 4 > 3

I could finish every game except 3 and 4. I got too bored and dropped them every time. While I managed to complete all the others that's why they're higher on the list.

Thankfully not. Seems all attention is now on FFVII Remake, that Avengers game they mentioned 2-3 years ago and potentially FFXVI could be in pre-production.

Avengers game?

It’s like you people don’t even pay attention to the plot.

Yeah awhile back SE mentioned that they had three big AAA games releasing over the next few years. KH3, FFVII Remake and some Avengers game.

>potentially FFXVI could be in pre-production
As much as I wish this were the case, I seriously doubt it.

Comrades isn't that bad, especially if you manage to get the Dragon Whisker with a Behemoth's Tear added onto it. Hitting 9999 almost every hit is a beautiful thing.
If you're mad about being unable to get the Comrades trophies on your account you can just rollback the update and use the DLC version of it to play it just fine and then it'll transfer the save file over to the standalone client for you to get all the trophies there as well if you already got them. It takes like 30ish hours to beat it solo though, and the first 15 or so when you have garbage weapons is a pain because you deal so little damage. Once you get the Dragon Whisker fights are over so quickly it's hilarious. You can even solo all the difficult content without a problem, the level 99 Zu fight ends in like two minutes or less.

Attached: FINAL FANTASY XV_20190305144714.jpg (1920x1080, 1.03M)

It's insane a late night talk show host summed up Final Fantasy XV so perfectly. An epic blue balls waste of time

Attached: EPIC BLUE BALLS WASTE OF TIME.png (700x700, 399K)

A bunch of ISPs banned Yea Forums, some unblocked it others haven't. Easy to get around by using Google's DNS servers

15 wasn't even bad.
But FF will never return to it's 'roots'. That's saved for side series like Bravely and Octo. Which is fine by me

>There are people that actually think XIII is better than XV

Attached: 1551561354681.jpg (310x440, 132K)

So it took some /pol/ tard killing 50 Muslims to finally get Australia banned and thus killing Bazztek/Barry/XV kun? A little extreme but effective

Attached: 1543119994653.jpg (500x515, 25K)

>Even the locales were inspired by a cross-country American sightseeing tour.
Source?
I'm a XIIIfag and I like learning more about the trilogy's development

Eh.

13 was too linear and combat system was pretty- with no substance to it. Also why every summon was a car?

Also the leveling system branched out too late imho.

Setting was okay-ish.

15 has horrible combat, and from chapter 9 onwards it feels like they rushed it.
Scrapped whole continent, changed plot and rushed it.

They are capable of making at least passable gameplay- seeing as dlc episodes have better combat than main game does.

Characters, despite seeming to be generic boysband are allright.

Main problem is that we have to care about lunafreya, where they want to recreate the aeris moment.. But we literally meet her few minutes prior to that.

Setting was allright, but sidequests and hunts lack substance to it - they feel like straight from mmo. But quite a lot of open world games suffer from that - probably most of them.

While the game has decent music, the tracks(not counting other FF osts)available in the regalia suck ass.

Worst part? You see great amount of wasted potential.. And they scrapped episodes. So it will never be done.

Sorry user, Barry will just use Google's DNS servers to shitpost

At least XIII had a decent setting. Yeah, there are some issues with its worldbuilding. But nothing as retarded as XV's monsterproof gas stations and nonsensical modern tech thrown around everywhere.

He's not here now. Fingers crossed he's too stupid to figure out how to get around the ban. Anyway, forget about that faggot, he doesn't deserve the attention.

>nonsensical modern tech thrown around everywhere.
I think this is why I can't get into FF at all. I did like IV though, still need to finish it.

Final fantasy imo can always be redeemed simply because most of them are standalone games that have little to no ties with previous entries, square just needs to bring in new people with fresh ideas to make it relevant again.

Im a fucking huge ff7 fan, i bought it day of release and its by far my favourite jrpg ever made, i fell off ff games seriously after x which was the last i ever completed. 13 might have been the last i bought.

Far as im concerned lost oddysey was the last final fantasy game, i think the ff7 remake is going to be terrible, i have no hope.

>So do you still have faith in the Final Fantasy series
Bravely default was pretty good

I feel like I've seen this exact thread with the exact same replies before...

seething barry

FFXII had major problems with pacing. You had MMO style grinding for a good chunk of it which got pretty tiresome.

Saw the refurbished version actually has a fast forward option to speed up combat to counter that aspect.

>lost oddysey

youtube.com/watch?v=W1k9Z0QF9O0

Did this game ever get a port from 360 to pc or anything? or is it just relegated to obscurity?

It seems like a real shame that a FF game in all but name written by Hironobu Sakaguchi and scored by Nobuo Uematsu wasnt a bigger hit.

Xbone made it a backwards compatible title so it runs at 4K now and I think runs at a better framerate. They also gave it out for free when they did that a couple years back. It's a Microsoft-backed title so unless they decide to port it to PC it's 360 and Xbone only.

Attached: 1436965295521.webm (800x450, 2.94M)

I'd like to see a return to the roots type of final fantasy game. Like what Capcom did with Devil May Cry. you don't need an open world, just an overworld with a ship and the works: turn based combat, materia, eidolons, mini games, multiple switchable party members and a good boss that strikes fear in your heart. Yeah now that's Final Fantasy

In what way do you consider XIII's setting to be better than XV's? Genuinely curious.

I can't believe O'brien was right

This is what normal people think of JRPGs.

Damn, i thought it was pretty underated and although not as good as ff4, ff6, or ff7, its on par with 8 and 10 for sure.

Was LO one of the first games along with mk9 to go from cutscene into game with no loading?

It was fun and I really hope there's another one in the future but it has a lot of gameplay things it needs to iron out. There's no real reason to use any of the mortals barring Jansen (For the early game) and Sed for everything else. Phil and Lil may as well not exist, Tolten only exists to give his ultimate sword to Kaim or Seth, and Jansen is outclassed by the other mages. The postgame/DLC is also ridiculously dumb with how specific your teams need to be to fight some of the bosses. The DLC dungeon in particular is just so insane with the enemy encounters.
>Kelalons that can one-shot a fully decked out Immortal.
>There's several of them to an encounter.
>Enemies that hit the whole party constantly.
>Enemies with boss level HP that are common encounters.
>No saves at all in the dungeon and the last floor has Professor K who, if you can't beat him in something like 9 turns when he heals 20k a turn then you have a 50/50 shot of instantly dying or surviving and a 100% chance of dying a couple turns later.
>Takes like 30 minutes of running away to go down to Professor K if you die.
They really should have rebalanced some of that stuff better, if you weren't spamming Run Away there's a very high chance you die to a single encounter.

Attached: 1373220841230.jpg (618x436, 91K)

there's only one man at SE who can un-JUST final fantasy

Attached: Yoshidasan-590x334[1].jpg (590x334, 23K)

>Tabata is gone
every lead outside of yoshida is a fuck up, nomura and toriyama are next in line

>Sakaguchi is back
no? he's been permabanned to mobile

>Nomura has been released from its shackles.
yeah to make more shit like KH3, nomura's last great game was TWEWY over 10 years ago

Attached: abs.jpg (300x750, 115K)

>most complex cast in the series with human flaws and actual growth
stopped reading, there is 0 character development in 13 aside from a small amountin Hope

The only way the series will be redeemed is if they get some project leads that can actually manage a team and set realistic goals and deadlines so they don't end up with these massively overblown projects that are messes of everything like everything since 12 has been.

>TWEWY over 10 years ago
fuck
I never got why they announced shit with no immediate/realistic release date in sight. Either it's too early or the game goes into development hell due to another game

So I’m currently playing this. I’m exactly at the part where you have to travel all the way north to Archades. Please tell me the game picks up. I’m trying to finish this game but I’m so close to dropping it. It’s starting to feel like a chore now bros.

Attached: D77779A2-49E9-4E08-A02A-2E365056B500.jpg (450x450, 37K)

take advantage of the games quality of life features. When I first played this back on the PS2 the game was unbearable without speedhacks and more using a gameshark.

I'm playing at 2x speed. This game is so fucking slow. I do not know HOW people played this on the original PS2 without the speed up

Brand name is 80% a reason people buy things

>do you still have faith in the Final Fantasy series
Nope. Last good one was 10.

Since 10, what good FF games have there been? Spinoffs included. The Dissidia games (not that dumpster fire PS4 one), Crisis Core, World of Final Fantasy, 10-2 (fuck you I liked it) Lightning Returns. That's it

Attached: 1538866015962.png (330x415, 247K)

None of those are good. Fuck off.

>Lightning goes from a panicked older sister not letting anyone stand in her way to a protective guardian of Hope and a leader amongst her band.
>Sazh learns to deal with grief in a proper way after arduous trials, and was rewarded by pushing on by getting back his son.
>Vanille took responsibility of her actions that caused everything to happen in the first place

The only ones who didn't get character development was Snow & Fang and they got theirs in later entries. Fang arguably didn't need to learn anything initially.

FFXI, FFXIV (post ARR), FFTA, XIII-2, King's Knight -Wrath of the Dark Dragon-, FFRK, Dimensions, FFCC, FFCC Ring of Fates, and the ones you listed. Plus arguable ones as well.
More than you'd think

Hey suck my fucking dick you cynical piece of shit. Yes FF is shit and has been shit for years now but there is still some good games released since X. Not every fucking thing with the FF brand has been bad you jaded cunt. Goddamn go fuck yourself with an aids dildo you piece of shit

Attached: 1516567518803.jpg (299x419, 8K)

>sazh almost fucking kills himself
Say what you want about that dumpster fire of a game but fuck me did I feel for sazh

Sazh is one of the only good things to come from that dumpster of a trilogy

Square has said before that they wont remake FF7 until the series has ran its course. FF7 is currently in development so yes.

>Got the money to play it now
>Not the time

I thought they said if a FF game surpasses 7 they would remake it?