The main terrible things about this are bloat and forced updates. It's mostly fine...

The main terrible things about this are bloat and forced updates. It's mostly fine. What could they do to make you say Windows 11 is good?

Attached: mswindows2_2040.0.0.jpg (1200x800, 69K)

PC will die before Windows 11 come out

>forced updates
>forced
lol

Just turn off the updates, retard.

>he thinks there will be a windows 11
LOL

Attached: OOPSIE WOOPSIE.png (800x450, 34K)

Back the whole thing back to the overhead of NT4.

Windows 11 is not happening unless there's a major technological shift in hardware that would require it, which won't happen for at least a decade or 2 more since transistor reduction is already at its limit with current production processes and materials.

>Turn off updates
>Silently get turned back on
>Updates anyway

What about the forced vsync in all games?
Was that fixed?

forced updates > not updating and getting a virus
you don't even have to visit a shady site or download something weird to get a virus nowadays.
microsoft said Win10 will be a permanent service, they don't plan to replace it like previous OS

who /8.1/ here

Attached: 1552311368021.jpg (1920x1080, 248K)

works on my machineā„¢

I don't want a new Windows. I want a reasonable easy-to-use alternative that also allows me to play video games.

Windows is pretty much in a monopoly position for consumer PC OSes if you want to do any gaming. That's why they can bully the users into any heinous shit they want nowadays.

Attached: 1536780196015.jpg (735x412, 45K)

"Can't play old games" is just a meme? I can't even play some old games on Win7. Fuck this shit.

here man
i wish it had window 7's customization options

You can turn off automatic updates on Pro version via group policy.

PC will never die, but it's already become a niche market below Microsoft's attention. Its just not really worth their time and money anymore to maintain an entirely custom non-standard OS stack for open platform PCs.
That's why they're shifting in the short term to charging enterprise customers through the nose for legacy support to force them either into their new closed platform, or off the Windows platform.
They don't care what happens in the consumer space, and they're not going to waste millions maintaining compatibility software that doesn't earn them money.

I have ltsc. never nagged about updates and only updates when I choose to shut down myself.

no updates since 2016

don't know what kind of pc gremlins you've got user, my pc never bothers me with updates anymore.

>I want a reasonable easy-to-use alternative that also allows me to play video games.
Ubuntu does that now for basically every game that isn't a UWP, or that doesn't have invasive kernel-level 'features'.

So it will die?

I am, loving it every day.

PC != Windows and PC != Prebuilts
PC started as an enthusiast only market of home builders, and it will always survive as an enthusiastic market of home builders.

>Fuck off with all the data collection shit. My calculator application does not need to be connected to the internet. I don't want to download third-party software just to remove what shouldn't be there at all.
>No more bloatware, stop recommending me fucking candy crush saga
>No forced updates
>Compatibility with games released within at LEAST the last 20 years that actually works and doesnt take 6 months for them to get around to fixing, i mean jesus fucking christ this is still an issue for some titles on W10 and will probably continue to be
>No aids smartphone-tier menus and GUI, w7 explorer and start menu is fine
>Good ricing and customisation options
>No more gating microsoft titles to specific windows OS's when it is clearly not a compatibility issue and just MS jewing out and trying to get everyone to switch over
Then i'll consider switching from 7

Attached: 18557029_687792478094976_2428955920784068279_n.jpg (448x338, 26K)

so never?

Hello?
Respond win10 fags.

Its time to face the fact that Microsoft has no financial interest in building the OS you want.
However you basically just described what the Community around GNU/Linux has produced.
Its time to upgrade to Ubuntu or the distribution of your choice, waiting till the last second does nothing but delay the inevitable.

Remove shovelware like Cortana, Edge, Onedrive and all the others.
Make OS actually load all it's shit before showing desktop. Make libraries location customizable.

>Home Linux

what forced vsync?

In windowed mode.

I used to be, but be careful user if you use Nvidia and don't be an idiot like me. I didn't know 2070 didn't have support for Windows 8.1 so I had to fucking go to Windows 10. I'm still mad, 8.1 was max comfy

They should have an option to run window in some sort of lite mode. So shit isn't so invasive.

Also they should read their forums and fix shit people are talking about. Like the 100% disk utilization issue with window search.

Attached: 1463416317757.gif (360x202, 2.6M)

>It's time
>Waiting till the last second does nothing but delay the inevitable.
I'm enjoying using Windows 7 right now, as I have been for years, and will continue to do so probably even after Windows stops offering update support, up until games people care about playing stop being developed to function on W7.
>You basically just described what the community around GNU/Linux has produced
Why do I get the feeling that if I were to install GNU/Linux, I would have to go through far more hoops to get the games and applications I want to play working, and why do I get the feeling that many of them just DON'T work on GNU/Linux?

>so never?
Yeah, looks like that. OP asked what I would want from W11 to install it, so I answered. I will probably stay on, and continue to enjoy using, Windows 7 until it is no longer viable

Attached: 17523511_669470043260553_2658068320044047431_n.jpg (960x960, 119K)

>Fuck off with all the data collection shit
if you browse the internet your browser is collecting more data than microsoft. 7 also collects a shit ton of data
>No more bloatware, stop recommending me fucking candy crush saga
a fucking meme. literally doesn't happen
>No forced updates
disable them you retard
>Compatibility with games
every game i have ever played works. also its retards like you who want compatibility to go back decades that actually create the bloatedness feel of windows because they are forced to write in a hacks to get your outdated garbage to work
> w7 explorer and start menu is fine
literally exists and the default start menu is fine.
>Good ricing and customisation options
there are a shiton of customization options
>No more gating microsoft titles to specific windows OS
they are just shit xbox games that are only on the store. everything else is on steam

yup another retarded 7 poster.

Attached: Linus_pilot1.jpg (190x222, 18K)

>Works on my machine!: The post
yeah you really convinced me to upgrade bro, thanks late mr gates

OYYYYY veyyyyyy
Just upgrade to the pro version for a small fee go- I mean guy!
Also we'll give you some of those "missing settings" heheheh

The thing none of you have answered is how Microsoft could make money off of that.
You won't buy Windows. You won't pay to use Windows. You won't buy software from Microsoft by choice.
Where's the financial incentive for Microsoft to build an OS that isn't locked down and designed to force their services?
They're not a charity, they're not an enthusiastic community dedicated to gaming, they're a company that must increase shareholder value.
If you want a platform for PC gaming which is a community project dedicated to being better for gaming that already exists and its time to switch.

>MCC doesn't require W10
Dodged a bullet once again.

>I'm enjoying using Windows 7 right now, as I have been for years, and will continue to do so probably even after Windows stops offering update support, up until games people care about playing stop being developed to function on W7.
I know people still playing games on their Amigas, or on other abandoned platforms. Sure you can do that, but it doesn't really represent a way forward for the industry.

>Why do I get the feeling that if I were to install GNU/Linux, I would have to go through far more hoops to get the games and applications I want to play working,
Because you have misconceptions from years of misinformation. Steam is native on Linux, it works just like it does on Windows.'

>why do I get the feeling that many of them just DON'T work on GNU/Linux?
Sure its true it doesn't yet support everything. Neither does Windows 7, 8, or 10. The important thing is the community is dedicated to making it work and its going to continue to get better, while Microsoft has no incentive to do that or to open things up to let the community fix it for them.

Literally not my problem. If you keep selling a broken product you will lose customers and money. simple as that.

We don't have a responsibility to make money for them,. but they have a responsibility to people who bought their product.

>you don't even have to visit a shady site or download something weird to get a virus nowadays

bullshit

I just want to run every exe and to take at least resources it can. Everything else, I don't care.

I just want them to enable movies to be played as desktop again.

No I don't want to download shady 3rd party shit.

absolutely patrician

>Literally not my problem. If you keep selling a broken product you will lose customers and money. simple as that.
Lose them to what?

> but they have a responsibility to people who bought their product.
Nobody here buys Windows. Even if you did that obligation isn't permanent, Windows 7's End of Life is mere months away.

Its time to face the fact your desires for a hassle free gaming platform where everything you own is playable don't line up with Microsoft's goal to earn more money for their shareholders.

W11 will not happen.
MS themselves said that 10 will be the last Windows product, which they just keep updating indefinitely.

They've already lost all trust and respect.
With DXVK already being as mature as it is now, and improving every week, Linux will certainly be the dominant gaming OS in near future.

>Nobody here buys Windows.
Once you start assume what everyone is doing you will always be wrong. But feel free to share your data.

>Its time to face the fact your desires for a hassle free gaming platform where everything you own is playable don't line up with Microsoft's goal to earn more money for their shareholders.
yeah i never said anything about gaming i was talking about blatant core system memory leaks.

Windows 10 is fine, there doesnt need to be a Windows 11. Its the fastest Windows, most well designed folder/file navigation, everything is fully customizeable. Can perma disable updates, telemetry and cortana with some googling. DirectX 12 is promising and coming to Windows 7 too. Anyone complaining either hasnt really used it or is blinded by loyalty to another OS.

Ubuntu or Mint or Manjaro with Proton/WINE, but only if you use Steam. It's still much worse than playing on Windows but it has improved significantly over the last few years
The truth is that there is no good alternative to Windows 10 if you play games. Linux is still lacking on that aspect, understandably.

Attached: 1494842494528.gif (500x378, 567K)

Stadia seems like its going to accelerate that since its using the exact same platform Valve has been working on for SteamOS. Google's clearly using stuff Valve built with their use of AMD hardware and showing games running with DXVK. The only question is if they're free riders on that work, or if they're partnered with Valve.

I'd like a coherent UI.

Attached: windows 10 ui.png (1600x900, 108K)

Why hi there, Bill!
Still trying to sell your DOA non-desktop spyware?

Learn to shit in a fucking toilet, Pajeet

>Once you start assume what everyone is doing you will always be wrong. But feel free to share your data.
Come on, not even Microsoft tries to pretend selling Windows is a viable business model anymore.

Nobody pays for OS's though

>It's going to be more functional and support more software and games than Windows someday
When? For a company that apparently has no interest in compatibility, freedom and accessibility, you can't deny that Microsoft are pretty good at providing all of those things. Believe me, if GNU/Linux becomes as or more capable, I'll swap. Until then, I'm not going to learn to code just so I can use a different operating system, or be forced to emulate everything I want.

Use Windows 10 LTSB you dingus

>you can't deny that Microsoft are pretty good at providing all of those things.
LOL, their new stuff can't run the software their old stuff, and its incapable of running their new stuff. Not to mention when did Windows ever meet any of the points required to be considered FREE?

>Until then, I'm not going to learn to code just so I can use a different operating system
You really seem to underestimate where Linux based operating systems are at. When's the last time you had to be a coder to use an Android phone?

> or be forced to emulate everything I want.
New versions of Windows already use a Wine-style solution for legacy support which is behind the latest Wine. Compatibility solutions for legacy platforms are already a standard thing. The only difference is Microsoft has no incentive to maintain their compatibility solutions for gaming.

Remove annoying updates, remove store, bring old start up menu, don't fuck with security options.
Those are the things that bother me, particularly the store.
I'm sure its shit in many other ways but I only use it at work.
Also, I'm aware some of these problems have solutions if you take the time to tinker with it but I rather there weren't problems in the first place.

Windows 10 works fine here.
Linux works fine where I work too.
I don't know why you guys complain so much about a OS.