Quake sucks

I don't want scummy brown castles and low-poly blobs, I want bright colors, large levels and armies of monsters to kill. Quake is just an inferior clone of Doom that was created to show off technology that was impressive in 1996.

Attached: 12494-quake-dos-front-cover[1].jpg (800x947, 122K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DPhePSojmt0
youtube.com/watch?v=QWJFudlrgvo
youtube.com/watch?v=kKYttxbXK1A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you sound like a fag. the Nintendo Switch is more your alley. go buy Mario Odyssey and bing bing wahoo to your heart's content.

>No argument

Why remake the same thread twice

horny for (You)s

What was the last thread?

Attached: IMG_20190319_145446~01.jpg (1261x643, 173K)

>Being a boomer larper

Attached: slips.jpg (239x211, 17K)

Got you covered
youtu.be/DPhePSojmt0

noargumentposter btfo

>quake sucks because I don't like it
That's not how it works you little shit

Daily reminder that Quake is superior to doom in every way, only absolute retards disagree.

Quake is better than Doom simply due to the lack of Sandy Peterson level, the fucker can't design a good level to save his life.

I'd like to see a level designed by Carmack. He was the DM in the id's D&D sessions after all.

Almost the entire fourth episode of Quake is made by Peterson.

youtube.com/watch?v=QWJFudlrgvo

Here OP, you might like this.

Which is why it's also the only bad chapter in the game

I'm always quality over quantity when it comes to enemy placement.

Generally I agree - but not in terms of aesthetics and music. Not bad, but really dreary in Quake.

Oh, and episode 4 is a drag.

>but not in terms of aesthetics and music. Not bad, but really dreary in Quake.
I had that problem at first too until I realized that just typing "gl_texturemode gl_nearest mipmap_linear" in the command like, removes the blurring and makes the game look beautiful.

this time the OP is accurate, I guess it just happens sometimes

quake began the process that killed real FPS games by making rockets do 50% damage to the shooter, leading to the creation of rocket jumping and bunny hopping, which subsequently increased the skill ceiling so high that no one gave a fuck anymore

Nah. Its his best work imo. That one trap where you approach a teleporter door and it moves backwards revealing two fiends is brilliant

youtube.com/watch?v=hJMim4piOVk

t. zoom zoom

the primary difference between the amazing romero levels and the horrible petersen levels is that there's nothing vertical in episode 4
romero's levels are a twisty 3 axis mess, with several ways to return to the same central room from many directions and axes
peterson's levels are just flat corridors that sometimes make their way back to some more flat corridors

Fuck ogres.

But can you aim up and down in DOOM?
Yeah, didn't think so.

Ogres are a cool as shit enemy though. I mean a grotesque ogre wielding a grenade launcher and a fucking chainsaw?? We need more enemies like that.

They're cool but they're overused and I don't have eyes on my ass to see when the fucking grenade I just dodged is going to ricochet just up my poop chute.

>Quake vs Doom
Breed with their demons, and in time your differences will be forgotten.
youtube.com/watch?v=kKYttxbXK1A

Are you a girl? As a man you should hav enough space awarenees to predict the grenade trajectory and place youserlf in consecuence

I'm a somewhat feminine man at best, sorry to disappoint.

His best work is still shit.