Nobody makes it and nothing changes the game

>Nobody makes it and nothing changes the game
>Literally everyone on the planet dies
Whats the fucking point? No wonder people hate reach, it serves no purpose other than grabbing money

Attached: haloreachgameswithgoldignjpg-ed613a_1280w.jpg (1280x720, 161K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DGKHI7YaESY
nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/nato-vs-russia-war-baltic-states-who-wins-35532
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

the point was to imagine kat sitting on your face

>every spartan is some special snowflake with custom built Barbie Fashion Designer armor
Reach was a mistake

>dykes

>BRUH ITS BLEAK THEREFORE IS KINO GOD I FUCKING LOVE POINTLESS ENDEAVORS FUCKING MASTERCLASS WRITING
*procedes to jerk himself off to dark souls and game of thrones*

I liked Reach when it was just an origin story for the Chief, then it became a game with cancerous COD emulating mechanics and broken armour abilities.

femdom is trash

>not understanding a core theme of the UNSC is that Humanity is still alive because of the countless sacrifices made by untold heroes everywhere.

Noble Team were just more people who sacrificed themselves with the unstoppable task of holding back the covenant, buying time with their blood.

youtube.com/watch?v=DGKHI7YaESY

this lmao

Attached: 1058033.jpg (600x928, 101K)

>holding back
Lol, the thing that hold covenant back was not finding data about planet locations. Blood meant nothing

With the internet and modern technology, turns out it's not very hard to find out where more human planets are.
What a shock.

The point is the multiplayer.

But if you mean narratively, then yeah, the point is that nothing is truly accomplished other than a brief glimmer of hope that MAYBE the one ship that makes it off-planet will make it to another human-held section of space to warn them that the covenant is coming full-force and have already taken one of our most well-defended planets in a matter of hours.

I'm not a huge fan of Reach's story AT ALL, but the fact that it's depressing is not a problem. In fact, it's one of the plot's few real positives. Spartan III's are treated to no grandiose ends. True to canon, they are made to be expendable. Their deaths are abrupt, brutal, and given zero grace.
They get sniped at random.
They're glassed after leaving for another mission.
They bleed out in a plane and do little but wound a single Scarab.
They get gangbang-stabbed in a few seconds while very distinct from camera, or, in the case of the player, literally half off-camera.

It's war.
Death is unceremonious.

The only character who gets the kind of death you'd expect in a traditional Halo story is Jorge, and that makes absolute perfect sense; He's a Spartan II. He mattered. So, to see even his death, while all it's buildup, thinking he was saving billions, saving his home-- to watch it end up meaningless is fucking depressing.

And that's exactly what a story about the fall of Reach should be.

Now if only we could get a Ghosts of Onyx game.
"Sir, I think I got nicked."
;_;

Attached: 1551482768273.png (896x436, 685K)

It's a tragedy, you fucking smoothbrain

>A story must have a purpose in some overarching fantasy plot
Reach's problem isn't that it was a confined story tucked away from everything related to the Chief and Earth, it's that stories like this are mainly character driven - and everybody short of Jorge has the personality of a wet flannel which makes the story weak.

I like how assgirl died. Felt much war like

The book was better.

It felt war-like, but we knew fuck all about her or most of the other characters so when she died there wasn't much emotional impact.

>gets killed by a needler gun in one shot to the head

What the fuck are shields. I hate when cutscenes ignore game mechanics.

>lol the shields were turned off!

Why the fuck would you ever do this. Guess it makes sense since she was a woman

There was an EMP.

reminds me of that one scene in starship troopers where the guy took his helmet off

The point of Reach was humanity used 60% of its entire military force vs 1% of Frieza's power and still lost, losing 99% of all their active Spartans in the process but gaining Cortana who is then given to Chief.

They were EMPd you dolt, the shields were fried.

Who are you quoting?

Settle down user

>A game about a hyper-militaristic war
>A small squad of elite soldiers
>A story about knowing the eventual outcome, but fighting anyway because its an honorable death
>"What's the fucking point?"

Anybody who doesn't understand the reasoning behind Reach's story is either a child, mentally retarded, or has the mentality of a woman.

>best maps with CE
>best weapons with CE
>best spartans with CE
>best enemie design with CE
>no flood
>best single player campaign with CE

Why does veddit hate reach again?

Attached: 1546388032219.jpg (512x422, 29K)

(A) there was an EMP you dumbfuck

(B) Spartan-III's shields are complete shit. Their best defense is the crazy amount of painkillers and adrenaline that shoot into their 'roided-out bloodstream that let them do the kind of suicide mission they were made for.

Attached: 1551482362866.jpg (1024x506, 168K)

It sound cool when you talk about it
But there were several unticlimatic moments that ruined the feeling. Although the general retardness of sitations added to realism

>60% remaining after 27 years of war military force

Covenant had like 400 (lost about 300) vessels and was led by tactical genius Thel Vadamee future Arbiter

>everyone makes it and nothing changes the game
>literally everyone on the planet has the exact same fate as previously established
>still somehow gets rated highly for the jazz music and noir atmosphere which doesn't belong in this series, and has stupidity like a complete lack of elites to avoid confusing Bungie's stupid players

Attached: Halo_3_ODST_Box_Art.png (220x278, 131K)

>you need a happy ending to tell a story.

the events of reach ensure cortana ends up on the pillar of autumn. they lost the battle but won the war retard.

books better anyway tho

>wanting 343i to touch the only truly great Halo book, and possibly the best video game based book ever when even Bungie couldn't do Fall of Reach justice which was good but not nearly on the level of Ghosts of Onyx

if you were to say that after ODST came out I'd praise it as a great idea but sadly we're in the timeline where asking for such a thing would be a massive monkey paw fuck-up

Attached: wont-somebody-think.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

>lack of elites
never thought about that Tbh.
when does odst start? when chief arrives on delta?

The last mission of this game was the absolute most kino moment in the entire Halo series

My Bad. The moment I posted it, I realized what I was saying, but it was too late.

What I was TRYING to say is that I wish Bungie had made a Ghosts of Onyx game while they were still a good company.

Attached: Spartans_never_die....jpg (1613x950, 138K)

ODST begins where the second level of Halo 2 ends in New Mombasa iirc

This 100%.

Which series of Spartan would you want to be?
>SI/Project Orion
- canceled, not very cost effective
- potentially nasty side effects from the augs
+ no one really knows you're a super soldier, everyone thinks you're just a huge fucking bad ass
+ retroactively get to be Spartans
>SII
- kidnapped from your family, drugged to sleep, then woken with stun batons
- Doctor Halsey is a terrible mother
- 50% chance that augmentation leaves you dead or brutally disfigured
+ also the most extreme augmentation process so you're a living God, easily the most powerful Spartan program
+ the rest of UNSC aside from pissy ODST worship you as their saviors
>SIII
+ Spartan II in charge of training so it's way better than what he got
+ children volunteers so that's a step up
+ easily the most cost effective Spartan program
- the reason you are so cost effective is because you need to be just good enough to pull off high value suicide missions, most of you won't even live to see your own set of MJOLNIR because that shit costs money
>SIV
- pissy ODST finally got the budget for augs and armor but now have to call themselves Spartans
- lots of embarrassing shitters, including the first Spartan traitors
+ they'll take fucking anybody, seriously

Attached: spartan_evolution_by_tdspiral-d6m3nfi.png (1024x801, 1.1M)

I still don't understand why all those covies were even there still fighting and not being evacuated if the planet was being glassed seeing as they already won and the USMC was evacuating
even if the covie leaders didn't care if they glassed the remaining troops on reach those left on reach would have to know they were fucked and being left for dead so why still fight

this also bothered the shit out of me even though I liked odst but I assume it was more lazyness on bungies part than them thinking the players would be confused by fighting elites.
Since brutes effectively replaced elites in halo 3 and odst was made with halo 3 assets they'd have to make elites to fill the role they played in previous 2 halo games by swapping them with brutes and if they included brutes as enemies they'd have to make them play like they did in halo 2 where they could take a lot of damage without the armor and would go into rage mode at low health.

That being said it would have been pretty sweet if they went through the effort to make it happen and make odst undoubtedly the best halo campaign

>>best maps with CE
wrong
>>best weapons with CE
wrong
>>best spartans with CE
wrong
>>best enemie design with CE
wrong
>>no flood
ok I guess you got me there
>>best single player campaign with CE
wrong

Reality is anticlimactic. Things happen, people die. There doesn't have to be a ceremony about it, especially during a massive incursion like what happened on Reach.

You must not be a lorefag and / or a retard to not know that Spartan III's initially had armor with no shields, but Noble Team being an elite squad were given hand-me-down MK.IV armor from Spartan II's.

>trilogy ends
>prequel to trilogy gets released
>get mad that nothing changes
Truly a galaxy brain take.

>prequel only features existing characters as cameos
Who gives a shit?

>Prequel doesn't fuck over the main characters of the mainline Halo's

Wow so bad

wtf i didnt know johnson was a spartan 1

You have to be 18 to post here

its never mentioned in the games, faggot

>Prequel is about literal whos doing some inconsequential shit that only barely affects the main story when the writers remember it's a prequel

didnt they save the ship that contained both master chief and cortana?

Which was tacked onto the end of the story out of nowhere at the penultimate level of the game.

so tell me, what the fuck should a PREQUEL do? retroactively change the canon that's established before otherwise "b-but it doesn't change the outcome!!!!"

the point of a prequel is not to change the main story. it's to show how the story evolved to that point you fucking idiot.

Attached: 1544464031018.jpg (317x427, 31K)

No it wasn’t a patch on Halo 3’s final warthog run

Maybe if they didn't introduce the McGuffin at the very end of the game it would feel more important to the overall story.

There’s a reason it was called the fall of reach user

Then don't only play the games and act surprised when common knowledge info is posted.

Not him but I do like prequels that show established characters in a different light, or different aspects of familiar locations. Making one where you focus on completely different stuff and maybe throw in a cameo or two is certainly the cheapest, most effort-free route you could take, but it can be done well.

>nononono!!1!!1 everything has to be absolutely ep
>ic

What disappointing information will they reveal at the ama today?

I like Reach :)

Reach is coming November at the earliest.
No mod support.
DRM out the ass.
Custom servers will be locked to 16-players

early access via purchase something along the lines of "the reclaimer edition" which costs 160% price of normal purchase

S3 for the win.

>He hasn’t read any Shakespeare

Eh showing the 3 as if they normally had mjolnir is a bit wrong.
Noble team was the exception, the majority of spartan 3s had a just above ODST tier suit.

I think only the skull-armor goes too far. The designs of the other armors have good enough taste.

Idk its one of the games that makes me confused when people say it was underrated. The campaign was so unremarkable.

I unironically agree with this. The lack of a triumphant atmosphere in Dark Souls is what made it refreshing for me. I liked GTA 4 for the same reason.

>Nobody makes it and nothing changes the game
Captain King made it off the planet thanks to N6

I like more when they all have the same armor like Spartan II

But come on, it's not THAT bad and it makes sense for super soldiers to customize a bit or at least changing a few parts of their armors

not even that dude but do you even read your fucking posts before you post them?

>who cares if you played every single VIDEO GAME in the game series we're discussing if you're not going to spend more time reading shitty books or studying lore on fan wikis than you do playing GAMES don't post on this VIDEO GAME board
>also even though people who were 1 year old when the first installment to the franchise came out are over 18 I'm going to initially assume you're underage because I've never had sex before

Attached: Jacob_Faggot.jpg (220x324, 20K)

Imagine being trash like OP

If a series expands beyond fucking video games, then when INCREDIBLY common knowledge from a book within the universe is mentioned, don't act surprised and literally type out "wtf I didn't know X"

Halo isn't just a game series and it never has been. Fuck you

Reach is literally the best Halo followed by ODST

No.

PoA was busy giving Covenant hell in space battle. Destroying 4-5 large and powerful vessels 1v1. It lost like 90% of its armor and was there for repair

Every spartan was specialized in different things retard

Yes.

It is just a game series calm down you retard

The Fall of Reach came out before the first game did you retard

>woah stop blowing me the fuck out with facts
go back

I liked reach for that reason though
It actually made the covenant scary rather than total jobbers to master chief every single time
Seeing Spartans die really drives home the threat, plus the logs about the AI and stuff behind the scenes and mendicant bias lore was kino

Well if im going to be a spartan, might as well go all the way, right? I'd be a Spartan II

You're wrong. Halo is a game series and always has been. fuck you

Attached: halo-is-a-video-game.png (580x403, 90K)

It's a game series first. Don't be mad because not everyone is an autistic virgin like you.

>I have to change things and save the world or nothing matters!
You're aware that it's a fucking GAME regardless and nothing you do matters anyway, yeah?

>not liking Objective: Survive

>Literally from minute one in Halo 1 you knew that Reach fell
>"wtf why is a game about the planet's decimation about everyone dying"
Reach was good, you faggots need to stop acting like contrarians and thinking that it makes you special.

>we need multi million dollar genetically modified super soldiers to fight insurgents
What sense did this make?

Attached: 0235B8CE-00BD-44E3-BA3F-7EE6660DD10D-189-00000031FA132ED7.png (640x368, 180K)

Nah

>books were printed before the games
>bungie crafted the games to follow the books
>duurr I'll just repeat my claims even though the facts blatantly contradict me

This reachfag resurgeance is really odd. Since about 2012 on here when 4 came out everyone has agreed that reach was wasted potential the game.

So where is the sudden reach defence force after coming from?

>wtf why can't everyone just hivemind the same opinion, stop liking what I don't like

>everyone agreed
Why project?

The way the chick dies is kind of savage

Yeah basically. Reach is what led to the shitheaps that 4 and 5 are.

It's true though.

>Books were printed before the game

How can you be this fucking stupid. That is like saying Star Wars books came out before Star Wars.

>And that's exactly what a story about the fall of Reach should be.
Uh no retard nigger it should be a story that doesn't retcon a far more interesting plotline

>2012
>where is this sudden reach defense force coming from?
>2013
>2014
>2015
>2016
>2017
>2018
>2019

Attached: 1536878330026.jpg (1024x1024, 63K)

>Reach is what led to the shitheaps that 4 and 5 are.
I didn't know 343i made Reach.

who cares nerd.

There has always been people who liked Reach. We just didn't bother with your faggotry. I defended ODST for years before it became cool to like ODST. Back when faggots hated single player and whined for Multiplayer. I still defend Wars for being awesome before the PC port.

The first book came out in 2003, the game came out in 2001.

Tomboys are my vice.

No, 343 fucked those up by themselves. If they did copy Reach, we would have mechanics from Reach we would like. Such as the Skyhog or Covenant vs Humans and no fucking Forerunner BS.

I didn't realise that 343i made up armour abilities, sprint or loadouts all by themselves. Of course they couldn't have been inspiried by the last game in the series.

>Context for the full series
>An example of how prominent Spartans used to be
>Gives Spartans a human side as opposed to chief clones
>The most important event in the series timeline
>"HURR DURR WHAT'S THE POINT??"

first book was released literally less than a month before the game as an first and foremost advertisement to maintain and build the hype surrounding the game it was printed with a massive fucking xbox logo on the front cover and a backstory to the game for those interested second and I'll even grant you that it was a pretty okay book
bungie absolutely did not "craft the games to follow the books", they got a few sci-fi authors on board and worked with them to build the games lore
>duurr I'll just repeat my claims even though the facts blatantly and everyone in this thread contradict me

you got some problems my dude

Ok brainlet pseud, but the big boys are talking

Actually fuck no go back, it was in 2001 and was basically an ad for the game.

>Tiny bitch baby still mad about trying to run people over in a Ghost and getting a face full of Armor Lock

I never thought about that, it does seem like a bit of an over escalation.
>Some rebels pop up in colonies so far away that no one actually knows their names
>They have a small token navy of converted civilian ships and a few hijacked warships
>Ah geeze, thats a real pickle, mise well kidnap some children to force into being super soldiers.

Attached: 1552907543630.png (269x300, 113K)

Halo before steam:
>wow. fucking gaylo. Babies first fps, play an arena shooter you zoomer/(popular buzzword)
Halo after steam:
>yes. Were going home bros.
>Ive always loved reach

>Not implying every other fucking series was doing it.

The problem was that 343i stuck to those and made them integeral instead of options to find on the map. The problem is that 343i made Halo into every other shooter and made it feel less like Halo.

I dislike 5 so much because it doesn't play like Halo. It plays like a CoD game from the same era. Reach still plays like a Halo game still.

>a far more interesting plotline

In TFoR, the actual Fall of Reach is the fucking epilogue.

>Fermion RSO spots the covenant.
>Chief recovers some Nav data and meets Johnson in a no-name skirmish on some civilian freighter.
>30 odd Spartans IIs go to fight the surface and die off screen.

Woah such a superior story!

Hey man, governments dont need a good reason to get some supersoldiers. Once the tech is there they'll take any reason they can to start making them.

This. It's literally the point of the Spartan IIIs to be more disposable, so they are designed to be specialized to work in teams.

But what if, it's all a commentary on Bungie and Microsoft's relationship

Bungie being the Spartan 3s a unique talented group but one by one the baddies (MSFT) pick them off essentially killing the dream.

It's almost as if different people with different opinions are coming out of the woodwork now that the game is finally coming to PC or something

You're retarded

They only played CE on PC and thinks this makes them enlightened instead of just retarded McHalo fans.

Because it’s a fucking war against advanced aliens who tear through human worlds leaving nothing but glass in their crusade. This isn’t some fairy tale zoomer happy go luck universe you underage faggot. The state of v mods leaving bland bait like this up

Attached: CB8E5E16-55E3-4365-8C3A-19B1380D0A6C.jpg (563x503, 21K)

Spotted the faggot

Hey man I won't deny that's true in most cases. I'm also not trying to call out this thread, people in here are discussing lore and books and they're shitting on 343. Its a good thread. But you can't tell me that there isn't a group mustard race fags that hated halo wasn't on pc(even though it was) and now they're acting like they've always loved this shit. I guess what I'm saying is fuck posers.

you get it
anyone who truly dislikes reach has placed far too much stake in bungies wonderfully crafted universe. like, just enjoy it my dudes. stop being anal and appreciate how cool it is

Ironically, in universe that's why the Spartan 2s were created, to fight separatists.

It isn't though. Tip of the Spear literally has the actual battle happening in the background, and you're never involved in anything more than a skirmish.

Outside of the novelty of the ending and New Alexandria, Reach's campaign is pretty fucking whatever. Even getting to fly a Seraph is blunted by not getting to do anything with it.

>implying reachfags are halo fans

>Reach is coming November at the earliest.
they already confirmed the beta will be in 4-6 weeks
>No mod support.
likely true
>DRM out the ass.
that's a given since it's ON FUCKING STEAM WHICH IS A DRM PLATFORM that somehow gets defended here
>Custom servers will be locked to 16-players
that's a given, unless you expect them to literally rewrite parts of the game engine.

Attached: 1537224395870.jpg (462x435, 153K)

t.woman

It's a powerplay. They're pretty much saying they have so much money, resources and technology with no monstrous length they aren't
willing to go to win. They could've just used unmanned bioweapon delivery systems or any number of things, but aberrating a bunch of
kidnapped innocents into brainwashed killing machines sends a much more disturbing message.

Confirmed low test faggot

Reach is the worst Bungie Halo by a large margin.

Johnson with no armor and surviving for so long, what a fuckng badass

>game about the fall of reach
>"waaaaah why is this game about the fall of reach! waaaaaah!"
what child-logic is this? then dont play it you triggered little snowflake.

It's way better than ODST if we even count that, but yeah you're right

i hate the multiplayer for being shit. the campaign was pretty cool though

ODST for Halo is just like Skyfall for Bond, it's praised by non-fans. People who didn't like Halo before ODST simply weren't Halo fans, they like ODST because it isn't Halo.

Weren't they the much cheaper Spartan 3 variants?

>we need multi million dollar stealth jets to combat insurgents
If it fits in the budget and seems cool it gets done.

So basically Reach was the Fall of Cadia for the Halo universe?

Baby's first FPS series is garbage with nothing going for it over other FPSes other than its advanced casualization. Discussion of this game was never welcome on Yea Forums, and belongs on Facebook

>R-Reach sucks
develop some actual taste, you mouthbreathing faggots.
>muh Halo 3 glory days of being a little cumstain in 2007 playing with awful weaponry and slow as fuck movement
at least Halo CE and Halo 2 were actually fun, Halo 3's MP was a slow, annoying slog filled with sweaty tryhards and faggot ass kids.
>y-you're just a zoomer with bad taste!!
been on Halo since Halo CE first dropped. Literally besides armor lock and MAYBE the credit system, there was nothing bad about Reach unless you seriously give that much of a shit about that shitty book.

Attached: 9f8e22b76f4e8fa9facea1e8d49cc2e85ab5eae4_hq.jpg (1024x576, 36K)

Covenant didn’t go off unharmed though, they lost tons upon tons of grounds troops and giant chunk of their fleet trying to take Reach for the Forerunner artifacts, and they couldn’t even get that when it was over
Not only that but the Skirmishers were practically driven to near-extinction from the battle if I remember right

Reminder that Reach was made by B Team. Since A Team was working on ODST and only came in a year before Reach shipped to try and clean up the mess.

This is why ODST is kino and Reach was trash.

Attached: CurtisXbox_512_ch9.png (512x384, 374K)

Insurrectionists are too squirrelly and spread out to kill with a big bomb, so making a super special ops team that can tear through them like nothing and kill their leaders is a better option. Plus if you survive the attack and tell stories about how you saw a giant punch your friend's head off it's demoralizing to the whole movement.

Honestly, if you don't like Halo Reach you're a faggot.

>skirmishers were almost driven to extinction
I still fucking hate bungie for shitting out that “explanation” as for why we never seen skirmishers in the older games and I’m glad 343 retconed that

What made Reach trash was built up to over many years, it isn't something that magically happened all at once. There is no "B Team". Reach is the Halo that Bungie always wanted to release.

Jun and Halsey make it to CASTLE Base shortly after the events of the game. Jun goes MIA for a bit but comes back alive much later. One if the few decent bits of nuHalo lore.

S E E T H I N G
E
E
T
H
I
N
G

Attached: 1CE9B01E-E978-45CD-BD06-2E359861657D.jpg (988x720, 255K)

Pretty stupid considering that they were blatantly inspired by the blue-gray Jackals from CE. Bizarrely 343 tried using the stocky CE models to justify their terrible Jackal redesign instead of just having skirmishers.

Are you guys baiting or actually retarded? Reach did have a purpose you brainless apes, they ensured a future for the humans.

REACH FULL CUSTOMIZATION IS IN

Attached: CUST.png (999x147, 40K)

Yes but more like if Cadia fell after the first Black Crusade along with the majority of the Imperial Guard and Navy.

Why did that artist chose the retcon version of Spartan3's armor instead of the more unique (canon in my mind) book cover version?

Attached: 1543189158146.jpg (1428x1744, 385K)

The story isn't the problem with Reach. The lack of BR, the armor abilities, and poor map designs plus sprint did that.

>There is no "B Team".

Who made Destiny then? Because it sure as shit wasn't the veteran devs, most of them quit. No, it was the massive amount of people they hired after Halo 3. They went from 150 people to 500.

>Reach is the Halo that Bungie always wanted to release.

That was Halo 3. If Reach was the Halo they always wanted, explain all the retcons and lore asspulls they had to make in order to make it work. It was merely a contractual obligation.

Fucking reachbabbies I swear

Attached: 1552632761022.png (1280x720, 424K)

They we're able to save the Pillar of Autumn, which was carrying Humanity's greatest hope.

>reachbabies
>when i already called the game trash
Fucking bungiefags, I swear.
Every Halo has been getting slower, more random, and with a greater amount of dumb shit added each game that ruined the flow of combat. Reach is the natural progression of Halo 3's cancerous equipment.

Halo Reach is a good game

Attached: Switch_NintendoLabo_VRKit_ToyConBird.jpg (1000x1407, 64K)

APOLOGIZE

Attached: mcc win7 support.png (826x232, 21K)

halo 3 babies are fucking cancer and the only ones who hate reach, nobody cares that halo 3 was your first halo faggots. Calm down and quit seething about reach.

its old enough for people to nostalgia over

This AMA is godly. I'm super hyped to play reach!

For what?
>no forge
>no mods
>no servers
Garbage consoleshit for people who jumped ship after taking the PC Master Race meme seriously.

I like
>Halo: Combat Evolved
>Halo 2
>Halo 3
>Halo Wars
>Halo 3: ODST
>Halo: Reach
>Halo 4
>Halo Wars 2

I dont like
>Halo 5: Guardians

Attached: 1538895837077.png (752x524, 776K)

Official mod support with help from the EL Dewrito team got confirmed on the ama you shitposting retard

and obviously it'll have forge, but it + theater + mod support will come post launch

this but unironically, halo 3 babies are cancer

>likes halo 4 but not 5

why?

4 has meh single player and shit multiplayer
5 has meh single player and great multiplayer

Not at launch, which is the most important time for a game.

>5 has meh single player and great multiplayer
You do realize Halo 5 has pay to win microtrasactions and was shipped broken, right?

Not Caring about the development of a cool writen chars, and ironics deaths that leads to the best technical instalation of halo before the went CODApeshit,

>playing warzone

Yeah who would play the game mode that 343 spent 1/3 of their dev time on that they spent all their multiplayer marketing on?

smoke my pole

Warzone is fun, it's basically Invasion 2.0, and you earn enough REQ points just by playing normal matches that you never need to spend real money for stuff for warzone anyways

Fun as fuck desu.

Wasn't their weapon variations that you could get through microtransactions that were just buffed versions of the regular weapons?

>They get sniped at random.
fuck Kat
>They bleed out in a plane and do little but wound a single Scarab.
>wound
>They get gangbang-stabbed in a few seconds while very distinct from camera
>after killing several elites and at least a dozen mooks
>literally lol it tuk3ofu2killme

Most of the useful req weapons come in the cheapo packs. Only the Hannibal and ONI vehicles are hard to come by.

>Your Halo: Reach unlocks and progression from the original game on Xbox 360 will NOT carry over to MCC.
I'm actually glad since I forgot the mail I used for my xbox 360 account a long time ago.

Sort of, but "buffed" sort of undersells it: they have unique effects and stuff, too.

Like the best version of the Plasma pistol has it's charge shot make a mini black hole that sucks people and objects in.

They are pretty fun, especially for customs and forge. You can actually swap weapon properties in forge with them to do shit like this

Attached: Weapon trait swapping Halo 5 forge 1.webm (800x450, 2.95M)

Yeah but the forums are full of people whaling the gold Req packs to try and get all the buffed shit in the game at release

For me it's the opposite, the only thing that should differentiate them should be the stuff they add themselves.

But there were some you could use in regular multiplayer right? Like the Halo 2 br and pistol?What about the straight up upgrades like extended mags and shit?

I really hope they increase the movement speed during the PC port, trying to play anything but CE feels like I'm a 500 pound obese man with an assault rifle.

Attached: thot patrol.png (844x557, 634K)

>tfw you realize the game was an allegory for the wise men bringing Jesus (master chief) his gifts

Reach is good, you all just don't like it cuz you are bandwagoning retards with no opinion of your own, if you gonna say something bout reach say it, if you gonna spew the same "it is cod LMAO" retardation please keep your npc Bs to yourself

Attached: 1552577122474.gif (326x326, 267K)

Halo as a series is unironically Biblical metaphors done right.

>What sense did this make?
because FUCK innies and FUCK separatist elements

I'm convinced the hate for Reach is nothing but youngfags who want to appear cool by favoring older games they never played or total scrubs who were unironically hard-countered by Armor Lock. Reach was way better than 3 when it came to multiplayer.

Attached: krusha.png (566x359, 282K)

This. There was a reason the SPARTANS 2s were all the same looking. They weren't supposed to be individual glories, but simply helping humanity. Fuck gen 3 and 4 "Spartans"

It was the most barebones bungie halo ever.

Attached: 343 has the best weapon balance.webm (1280x720, 2.86M)

Attached: 1549548438051.jpg (882x624, 72K)

They didn't appear in regular multiplayer unless it was set as a spawn weapon or placed on the map.

That's halo 3 my dude

Halo 3 had more than reach on every front, you're trolling.

Look at how much we spend fighting illiterate jihadists

>no even starts
>shitscan
>armor abilities in general
>bloom
That’s why I hate it

what is the context of this

Forge?

All military spending goes to the ultimate goal of flexing on political rivals on the world stage.

Amazingly enough it didn't matter if you could make a pretty castle in reach, in comparison to Halo 3 it had no custom games options

>sylvanus implies she has total power over all undead
>one shoots her in the back and calls her a mongrel
>becomes a dungeon boss

Did the sniper survive reach? I never read any of the books.

He went on to lead the Spartan IV program.

>tfw halo reach release back in 2010 was the last time you were truly happy, and from there everything started going down hill and you knew it so playing Reach truly felt like the end of an era in more ways than one

I was beyond hyped for Halo Reach, but I was going through some terrible family stuff and I didn't end up getting to buy Halo Reach on day one, the first Halo game I missed out on launch. My dad hated gams and refused to let me buy another one. A couple days later tho, I managed to sneak buy Halo Reach Legendary edition and when my dad realized what I had done it was too late. He made me feel like a piece of shit and passive aggressively said "oh, okay, if this is what you want to do with your life, then by all means, go ahead". I spent the next few weeks completing Halo Reach 100% and feeling a sense of dread the entire time I was doing it becayse I felt so bad about myself.

Yeah, he’s one of the guys who recruits SPARTAN-IVs

Attached: 17C7608D-40CA-4896-9DAE-9A97D7F9BE26.png (575x640, 426K)

ODST is neat because it's kind of like a re-visitation of Pathways into Darkness, Bungie's first shooter all the way back on the mac. Like, Halo has a lot of concepts brought over from Marathon, and ODST, while not having ancient mayan alien gods or anything like that, is kind of a sendup of that game's plot.

>In Pathways into Darkness you're a special forces operative who drops into the jungle, your chute fails at such an altitude that everyone just assumes you're dead, and they go on without you
>You wake up much later after shit has already gone down and gone down bad
>In Pathways into Darkness you find your team's remains and their corpses psychically talk to you, in ODST you find traces of their presence and vaguely deduce what happened, represented as a flashback played from their perspective

I bought Reach at launch and played it from midnight until I went to class in the morning. That honeymoon period didn't last very long and Reach became the game to make me doubt if I even wanted to continue playing vidya anymore.

This. Reach's charm wore off very quickly.

>everyone hates reach

Uh pretty sure the zoomers and incels loved it

Say it with me kids!
Military. Industrial. Complex.

The world would fall apart within a week if the US wasn't around to slap hands

If you look at Fall of Reach (animated) and Halo 5, you'll find that isn't the case. Also, Spartan IIIs are literally orphan children suicide soldiers who started training around the same age as the IIs. Most of them didn't even wear MJOLNR, just SPI which wasn't super customizable. Read up on the lore, faggot.

>sir i think i got nicked
too fucking soon

>read the books retconned by other books
No thanks

Imagine. Just for a second, I'd like you to imagine being this user. Imagine being over 18 and getting this mad over a video game. Imagine.

You're retarded. NOBLE Team literally had Mark V. All the other IIIs didn't have shields at all since MJOLNR was expensive as fuck to make. It was just the EMP.

Yes, that's part of the scam.

You mean being #1 means you have to babysit all the other fledgling nations because they stopped protecting themselves completely and would fall apart like wet paper if we were to leave them be?

Yes, influencing foreign policy to maintain a global police force that doesn't police anything to the detriment of the rest of your economy, is part of the scam.

Buy hey, American #1, Yeah!

I wonder how quickly Russia would sweep over Europe if the US wasn't here

Russia does not have an economy to maintain a prolonged war with any first world country.

i just wanna talk about halo :(

Attached: 44aa896ba9f781da62d28968ff058892a59377a82d92818e5102e0d47eb561b7.png (1080x1434, 200K)

nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/nato-vs-russia-war-baltic-states-who-wins-35532
Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia would fall without so much as a fart from NATO

>wanting to talk about [video game] on Yea Forums

Attached: 1520198060756.png (800x732, 55K)

Yet you're somehow convinced spending trillions to support an alliance you just admitted doesn't do shit is smart?

I like halo but console fps didn't do good on the fps genre in general.

Spending hundreds of trillions of dollars wouldn't be enough to safe a few salvs halfway around the world if Russia decided to move on them, especially when they wouldn't even be able to defend themselves.

Along with it’s probably a little while after the Great Schism began and Brutes got the orders/permission to kill the Elites
Would’ve been a great opportunity to see Elites and Brutes fighting each other and have to juggle both threats, but oh well

Then why are you spending that much to do exactly that?

>"Sir, I think I got nicked."
Fuck it still hurts after all this time. That Spartan who got vaporized by a point blank Hunter shot after taking on both with his bare hands was some real shit too.

We barely spend a trillion dollars a year on our military.

>We barely spend
>a trillion dollars a year

Attached: VWTS.jpg (1682x1021, 850K)

>

Attached: 1552444127124.png (853x477, 435K)

>I can't comprehend a population over a few million
>what is the #1 economy in the world
DUUUUH. China's putting around the sea with rusty fishing boats and pissing everybody off and they only have 200 billion in their budget.

I get the appeal. It's a standalone game that fills in a story people had been wanting for years. It's kind of like if we got a game about the "Cataclysm" event in Mega Man, or got one last game with OoT/MM Link that sets up the Hero's Shade.

If your biggest threat is only spending 200 Billion why are you investing 5 times that?

>biggest threat
Educate yourself about geopolitics user. We're in multiple proxy wars all over the globe right now, while also protecting Europe, South Korea, Japan and ourselves.

>We're in multiple proxy wars all over the globe right now, while also protecting Europe, South Korea, Japan

Attached: ButWhy.gif (581x327, 3.72M)

Because not 30 years ago the world was on the brink of thermonuclear war, yah dumbass. Humans are retarded, and without big dick USA constantly swinging their cock around we would have destroyed the planet long ago.

Yeah but it's not anymore. So why are we spending more now then back then. The only threat I see to the world now is US letting their Industries destroy our planet.

Oh I see, you're retarded.

japan doesnt really have a military, they're germany post ww2 mode so we protect them. SK and NK have historically been on rough ground and are still at war. that, and we were involved in that war so we're still there to ensure things stay chill.

also dont quote me, but pretty sure a lot of these "bases" include embassies, which are pretty important

>Defends his government spending trillions to chase ghosts and benefit literally everyone but their own citizens
>Calls anyone else a dumb ass

Why are Americans so whipped?

North Korea could barely pose a threat to the South and the Japanese economy could easily handle the establishment of a defense force if it wanted. The only reason America needs to be anywhere is so the rich can get richer.

>lul dude 30 years ago was SUCH A LONG TIME, it's literally CURRENT YEAR, we don't need militaries anymore.
>meanwhile lives in a country with no military that being protected by the US of A

Attached: 1552626703500.jpg (600x663, 62K)

>muh point
What kind of childish point of view is this? Why does the story need to have a larger point?
The only thing that matters if the story itself is good or not.

Yeah thanks for footing the bill for my country, dumbass

Thanks for willingly being an irrelevant pawn

Some maps have some as pickups, yeah. Like the silenced AR is on some maps, the Halo 2 BR is on one, etc

I want to believe, where did you hear this?

The guy who leaked the MCC leaked that Reach closed beta would be out in 4-6 weeks.

literally dies in the 2nd mission. trash character