Been curious about this game for a while now. Is it any good...

Been curious about this game for a while now. Is it any good? The tumblr noses put me off but is that enough to not play it?

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 65K)

its very good and worth checking out
one playthrough can be like 40 hours, and the dungeons are actually challenging
you can think of it like a 2d zelda with more depth

It's fun, if a bit grindy.

It's not a rpg.
It's not a bullet hell.
It's a puzzle game.

the game discourages grinding, wtf?
the higher level you are relative to an enemy, the lower xp you get. the game is deliberately paced to kick your ass even at high level, its just challenging
at no point did I grind to keep up with enemies or even for skill points I needed

Grinding for materials to almost literally buy any item or weapon.

It's a puzzle game thinly veiled as an RPG. Other than that I've never played a game before that's been this long, yet felt so unfinished at some parts.

>Other than that I've never played a game before that's been this long, yet felt so unfinished at some parts
Install Recettear

It's excellent. Like others have said though it's more a puzzle game with action rpg aspects then the opposite.

Attached: 1538891876774.jpg (894x1000, 103K)

r34 wen

I liked it a fair amount.
RPG elements felt mostly unnecessary and could have been done away with.

Attached: 1541537886828.png (512x512, 104K)

it's something at least

Attached: 1525211910534.png (337x225, 60K)

Attached: 1541553149402.png (149x143, 5K)

2018 goty

would've loved it more if it works on my machine

Stop playing on a toaster then

Why do the controls for this game suck so bad on controller? Also why is there so much platforming but no jump button?

They easily could have cut the dungeons by 15-20% and would have been for the better

Nearly every single one drags on for longer than it should.
Ice is dogshit

There's no grinding at all unless you want to min-max end-game gear for future content.

I did one playthrough on m+kb and another on controller, both are fine and I've seen people use both for speedrunning. I ended up liking controller more myself.