ITT: games that are probably lost forever

do any of you, deep down in your heart, genuinely believe we'll see a proto build of EB64 leaked in our lifetime? some images of Spaceworld '99 show MULTIPLE kiosks all with different carts, plus it was in development for the DD. maybe someone from BB is just gonna say "fuck it" one day?

Attached: dsc0004.jpg (320x240, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-x03XpxwDhs
youtube.com/watch?v=M6ceNFV2yz4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The content made for the SNES CD addon

i mean who knows, the dude who found the playstation proto got it for like

This. A lot of dev cartridges and dev kits are still found on literal garage sales. Somewhere there is an unreleased game boiling in a dusty garage in Nevada.

Pokemon Gold/Silver Spaceworld from the very same show was dumped last year. Have patience user.

i dont know why but the idea of some kid picking up a devcart thinking it's a regular n64 game makes me sick. can you even begin to imagine how many early builds of so many games have been lost forever because of this exact scenario?

i was really surprised by that honestly. early builds of first party nintendo games are fucking unicorns. im not even a huge pokemon fan but my boner reached the fucking moon after hearing about that shit

Kids don't want to play N64 games, dude, anyone buying those carts from garage sales will be 20-something hipsters, 30 year old neckbeards, or 40+ year old ebay sellers wanting to make a profit off the previous two groups.

Sonic 1 prototype

remember that sonic proto from nickgames?

youd be surprised. its cool to be "retro" now i think so n64s are like $70 on ebay now

bump

This is Vegas. I still have a hole in heart. And a pre-order tab in one of my old browser lists.

based schizoposter

id pay millions for beta mario 64 cart

Attached: 64_beta_painting.gif (250x182, 811K)

unironically, i bet there are dudes ready to drop at least 50k on something like that

Can't believe I forgot to mention Prey 2. Really looking forward to that one.

Kid Kirby.

imagine what mysteries lie within Zelda 64

Attached: beta_oot_989450.jpg (878x650, 97K)

SEGA says they literally lost it. It was suppose to be on multiple anniversary collections, but they don't have it anymore. The only footage of it is from fucking WAYNE"S WORLD where it';s plying on the background TVs.
youtu.be/-x03XpxwDhs

I would love to see the prototype of RE4 and see how much they made until they changed the whole thing into Devil May Cry

>This is Vegas
Why? Game looked like ass

Probably underdeveloped mechanics and barren test levels, I dunno what you expect

That Scott Pilgrim beat em up
Fuck digital games

I thought DMC was a prototype of 3?

Let's give a big ole capitol F for all those flash games you played as a kid that have been lost to time.

>lost forever
>can easily be pirated
I bet you think the Simpsons Arcade was lost forever too.

i distinctly remember a phineas and ferb flash game that my little sister showed me where you make rollercoasters for the perry the platypus guy

youtube.com/watch?v=M6ceNFV2yz4

Attached: ttshot9.jpg (312x224, 21K)

i remember buying that for somebody. im sure theres still plenty of data about it, people back stuff up more than you would think. most of the wii shop is floating around the internet somewhere

you can find the pkg online
pretty mediocre, only good thing was the music and it was mixed/looped like shit

Attached: scott-pilgrim-vs-the-world-the-game-wallace-character-dlc-delayed.jpg (602x338, 65K)

Yeah some of those early designs are cool

Attached: Pokemon Gold Beta Rom Sprites.png (1200x660, 239K)

That's not because of kids, user...

if that doesn't sound exciting to you, you don't belong in this thread. that would still be the coolest shit ever, because even if it is bare bones, you could probably recreate alot of stuff from incomplete data, or at least figure out how much the game has changed in terms of engine, ui, etc

correction: people who act like kids who happen to have access to really shitty craft beer

So, what examples of lost source codes we got?

there was a ton of shit for HL1 and HL2 that got leaked years back

Attached: beta_timetemple.jpg (1066x800, 145K)

where'd you get this picture?

Im not talking about Source engine

the twelve tales title always made me feel suspicious that a plot twist/shift in style was planned since the begining

Just have to have hope and a long lifespan user. Look at how many decades it took until a prototype of a work in progress Legend of Zelda turned up.

I think about the gToons card game that used to be on Cartoon Network's Cartoon Orbit site sometimes. I loved the fuck out of that game but they killed it along with the rest of Orbit when they decided they would rather work on FusionFall.

Attached: 1537959076340.jpg (931x859, 247K)

idk

Attached: beta9733.jpg (1106x705, 167K)

games in their beta always have the most SOUL

>that kid who equipped the forest medallion and binded the bow to A button

Attached: 1511134727424.jpg (320x239, 36K)

Attached: SOULgrave.jpg (1960x1652, 746K)

>Guy has the real Pokemon Red, Blue and Green prototype
>Leaked things like the beta logos and maps, but refused to show the prototype Pokemon designs because he wants his cart to keep value

Attached: KoX7YQq.png (336x257, 61K)

How the fuck did Wayne's World get footage of it?

>Pokemon Gold and Silver's prototype cart leaked
>Red and Blue's prototype cart is confirmed out there as well

I hope Ura and Zelda 64 leak someday.

Playing it with friends is a dope experience

Attached: xdk.jpg (576x768, 61K)

This thing has to be one big shitpost, there's no way this thing ended up in some kid's hands and he though it unironically looked good. It looks like a dogshit early 2000's desktop PC and that's not a problem because hey it's a developer's kit it don't have to look pretty but come on.

There is more beta carts out there then you know, but collectors like to hold onto them

A few people have the 80% RE1.5 build but refuse to share it unless you give them a shitload of money

>this got turned in for 250 dollars worth of good boy points
I fucking hate redditors so much, I seethe every time I see or think about this shit.

Attached: gbp.jpg (194x259, 7K)

>Some redditor gets an OOT Beta cart
>Mails it to Nintendo because "it's the right thing to do"

I still wonder how he got it and why didnt burn a copy

>falling for it
I bet my left nut he knew someone in there and it was all a publicity stunt

His cart would have the same amount of value regardless, he's not interested in selling it so how "valuable" it is is completely irrelevant. He's just being a petty bitch.

If it makes you feel any better, the guy buys discount jackets at Marshalls.

>Leak the disc
>Be found out
>Get legally fucked
Proxies or anonymity be damned. Money is power and Blizzard would spend a pretty penny to find them. Fuck good boy points, but I wouldn't risk legal shit over it.

i would make it my life's mission to make sure whoever did that gets their eyes slit with a rough piece of printer paper

wait what??? who the fuck is this and where can i find this information

whats this

I have a file copy of an delisted shitty (but fun) Korean ARPG called Axion for iOS, and judging by how normies treat old phones and how people view mobile games in general, it's very possible that I will eventually be the last person on earth to have a functional copy. Fun fact: Axion is an HD remake of an old Korean Cell phone game. It is actually the second game in the series, but for some reason they remade the sequel first. The original never got remade. The game is also translated into hilariously meme-worthy engrish, but is a blast to play. If you beat the game (which took me 40 hours) it unlocks Nightmare Mode.

Attached: mzl.ijhvjlst.320x480-75.jpg (480x320, 83K)

are those actual beta sprites, looks like a fakemon sheet

Yeah this
We need to wait for these greedy assholes to die and hope it doesnt get snatched by another greedy asshole
Some of these carts are going to rot ad ever be dumped because of greed

We don't know him and probably never will, the only connection to him is a guy who posted on /vp/.
He pretty much said the guy was a collector and isn't interested in releasing anything into the wild, so it's probably gonna die with him.

It's from the Spaceworld '97 beta. Check it out yourself
It's real.

If you thought gen2 had too many babies before look at all those fucking BABIES

That's rad, thanks user

he bought it in a lot of pc games. when he originally posted it he was actually trying to sell it for 50 bucks.

pre-EA spore

only 50 xbox dev kits were ever made.
kid found one, and gutted it to turn it into his new gaming PC. he wiped the hard drive.

This was a staged publicity stunt to drum up hype for the remaster