Going back in Time

You're granted a wish to go back in time and relive the first experience you had with a game what game would that be Yea Forums

> for me it would be dark souls

Attached: 59e4eb58497c1c6281c2f635aebf47b2150443d2.jpg (741x425, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-Y5iF1Pdlcw
youtube.com/watch?v=s3nckWeT-m0
youtube.com/watch?v=g0lDqEX1hck
youtu.be/vGF-f3arb04
youtube.com/watch?v=ZXAZ05GLwO8
youtube.com/watch?v=GFsm1x0fQQU
youtube.com/watch?v=OTNfuztCMgM
youtube.com/watch?v=X05I-OgUPO8
youtube.com/watch?v=5xPdAviqQ1Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nier. No question about it

I wouldnt want to go back in time because my life was shit

If i suddenly lost memeory of a certain game i would pick bloodborne or gmod

throughout different parts of my life,

>golden sun
>ff10
>WoW
>halo 3
>dark souls
>bloodborne

Mass Effect

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
being able to go back and explore Gransys anew would be absolutely incredible

either that or TWEWY, that was the first vidya story that actually got to me emotionally

FFXI. I played it for 36 hours my first time. I had no idea how big the world was or what possibilities awaited me, I just wanted to keep progressing and meet new people.

>If i suddenly lost memeory of a certain game
I would change my answer. Playing FFXI now is meaningless. I would probably also pick Bloodborne.

Attached: deadgame.jpg (823x1023, 180K)

Dark souls 1 2 and 3
Bloodborne
And Skyrim

Attached: 5396DF4B-5409-4581-983D-F549F0CD400E.jpg (4032x3024, 3.78M)

Halo: CE

I remember walking into my friends house with a brand new xbox and seeing the menu screen with the Halo ring/Chorus playing. I stopped dead in my tracks and came everywhere over the graphics, loudly proclaiming how impressed I was. To be young again.

Attached: GoodGriefMasteChief.jpg (512x512, 97K)

Botw. Getting the midnight release of the Switch and playing it till 3 am when I had school the next day was cool as fuck. Feeling I’ve never felt with a console.

Metal Gear Solid 3 no doubt about it.

Attached: 1My6RxW.jpg (317x400, 21K)

Sekiro

Mario 64

youtube.com/watch?v=-Y5iF1Pdlcw
Halo is a very close second. But this was my first dive into RPGs.

Demon's Souls

Attached: Maiden.Astraea.full.1518879.jpg (600x800, 641K)

Bloodborne

Hitman: Blood Money

youtube.com/watch?v=s3nckWeT-m0
This is quite literally the best character creation music known to videogames. Whenever someone says games can't be art I immediately think of this theme.

>time machine activision never gets blizzard, EA never acquires any outside properties or exclusive sports properties, arcades don’t die, pc gaming still has a section devoted to it in all game stores, Sega never stopped making consoles the 2000 console war was sega vs Nintendo vs Sony. That should fix things

Attached: 7541EED7-BC72-4F69-B623-F75BEC7B0A91.jpg (300x168, 5K)

Muv Luv
I want to forget everything

Attached: 1549456928059.jpg (1442x2140, 977K)

Damn right, FFXI was just so fucking good.
Sure it had flaws like any other game, it had a lot of flaws, but god was it so fucking fun. I wish I could go back and do it all over again.

The 2000s console war WAS basically Sega vs. Nintendo vs. Sony except Microsoft decided to throw their hat into the ring and Sony's marketing machine leading up to the PS2 practically demolished the Dreamcast as competition

gonna have to stop you there, user
youtube.com/watch?v=g0lDqEX1hck

The dream cast lack of games and gimmicks killed it as well, shenmue and power stone were great but it needed some heavy hitters which it didn’t get

Oblivion. It was my first RPG and simultaneously the first open world game I had played. Blew my young mind, put hundreds of hours into the vanilla xbox 360 version before I even discovered modding.

inb4 underaged, just never played vidya until that era

Mass Effect obviously. There was nothing like it at it's time.
youtu.be/vGF-f3arb04

Depends on the taste, one of the shittest games I've ever played had one of the finest taste of music choices for it's character creation.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZXAZ05GLwO8

life

Attached: 1511921262347.jpg (1600x900, 167K)

This. I remember popping the disc into my refurbished 360 and listening to that baby overheat the entire time.

Not das, that's for sure
Shit was such letdown after des, felt like FROM were forced to make it.

That's a good choice too, user. I read a great book about music that made a mention of how videogames are one of the last bastions of classical music and I certainly agree.

I was hoping you were going to post the galaxy map theme. You gents have good taste.

Definitely SotC. The first playthrough of that game is mesmerizing but subsequent playthroughs have no mystery or intrigue whatsoever and are kind of a chore. It's one of my favorite games ever, but only because of my first playthrough. It's not as epic once you know everything about it.

more pictures like this?

contrarian faggots like you are the worst. literally no one likes you.

This is now also a kino VGM thread
youtube.com/watch?v=GFsm1x0fQQU
I'd love to go back and experience this boss fight for the first time.

lack of games basically came directly down to its lack of popularity with consumers
ports of killer arcade titles were so piss easy back in the day because of Sega's reputation and hardware they were guaranteed to be on the Dreamcast, its library is actually stacked with incredible arcade games from the twilight era of arcades' prominence
every fighter worth a shit had its best home console iteration on Dreamcast, every shmup worth a shit was either developed for or ported exclusively to the Dreamcast, it has perfect ports of UT and Q3A, the most popular multiplayer shooters on the entire market at the time, it was the only system with the capability of supporting an MMO at the time and it was fucking PSO, like the system seriously had a shitload of games going for it but nobody bought it because "woah the PS2 can play DVDs!"

The Witcher 3

youtube.com/watch?v=OTNfuztCMgM
I think classical music is the most fitting medium with which to score something nine times out of ten, it's no wonder it's still wildly popular in gaming
it's also still prominent in film I'd think but especially there it's relegated to a true "score" meant to compliment the diagetic sounds present in the film, whereas in a game you might have literally nothing in the sound mix at some points other than the music so it's meant to be truly heard and felt rather than unobtrusively blend into the scene
modern cinematic "games" actually go that route more and more often these days and it's a tragedy

Persona 3 or FFVI

>in a game you might have literally nothing in the sound mix at some points other than the music so it's meant to be truly heard and felt
Couldn't agree more.
youtube.com/watch?v=X05I-OgUPO8

It fits so well

youtube.com/watch?v=5xPdAviqQ1Q
I remember my friend and I playing this for the first time and we sat on the menu screen for a solid ten minutes letting this wash over us.

>haven't played MH3U in about five years
>still remember the fanfare

Attached: 1271296777075.jpg (370x283, 13K)

Spec Ops: the Line or Morrowind

same, seeing my data get deleted was something I was not ready for but I can’t deny that no game has ever made me feel so bittersweet.

>contrarian
So newfags like you don't even know meaning of words they use
>>>but muh pc Reddit board liked it
No one cares, this is Yea Forums

>contrarian
???
why are you outing yourself as a newfag

Attached: makesyouthink.gif (320x320, 240K)

samefag pls

God, too many, but I have a few in mind:
Star Ocean: The Second Story
FF7
Star Tropics
MGS 1-2-3
Max Payne
Ultima Online
Nox
Quake

Oh yeah!
Total Annihilation