What’s the deal with Wario

How come Wario is so detached from the rest of the Mario characters? Other spinoffs like Luigi’s mansion Yoshi and Donkey Kong still grab some elements from the main series and exist in the same world. Wario Land and especially Warioware are completely separate realities. Even during spin offs he’s got a diffrent set of friends with Waluigi and in Smash it’s a clusterfuck of everything

Attached: F67EB049-7387-45C9-B8F0-278F75F9C524.png (555x358, 331K)

They're not seperate realities though. It's the same world. There's even a Diamond City track in Mario Kart Arcade GP.

I don't see it being any further removed than the DKC series. There's no Mario shit in DKC/64, what are you smoking

>Donkey Kong still grab some elements from the main series and exist in the same world
what

because what happened was they wanted to make a mini game compilation and shoved wario in so it would sell. Then everyone loved it and now we have a whole new group of mario characters including one of the best milfs in gaming

Attached: 5-Volt (1).png (418x667, 124K)

op must be referring to how cranky kong is the original donkey kong mario fought and the fact that he still remembers the events of 80s Donkey Kong

other than that, not many mario references

DKC has plenty of its original characters interact with the Mario cast. See Diddy and K Rool.

Because Warioware is basically its own thing with Wario really only being in it to help sell copies.
But they brought back Krool and Pauline so anything could happen

what I want to know is how Ko created such a likeable bunch of characters. makes me excited to see what his cute and funny robot animated shorts are going to be like.

Attached: H2x1_3DS_WarioWareGold_image1600w.jpg (1600x800, 495K)

5 volt is cute and scary

>makes me excited to see what his cute and funny robot animated shorts are going to be like.
Back the fuck up.
Warioware is getting animated shorts series?

Attached: 1541707714792.png (521x517, 226K)

no Kosan is making his own shorts about his original characters, the MC being a cute and funny robo girl named "Robotan"

Attached: DqTap33V4AAWy3m.jpg (640x640, 36K)

They unironically need to put Waluigi in WarioWare.

no, Waluigi literally has no personality, the WarioWare cast is too good for that loser. Plus they don't need a second greedy asshole

I'll check it out, but I really like the warioware cast.

Attached: a66c8d7aa3f96788c86c0ab4d416cdb6.png (500x400, 283K)

>Says he has no personality
>Proceeds to call him a greedy asshole, which is a personality

no distinguishable personality, he's an asshole like wario, that's his whole purpose to just be a second wario. and WarioWare doesn't need that.

Just have him as the secret boss that needs no explanation

They could make an interesting story or gimmick with that. He could start a rival game company or something and the game could be called Waluigiware Inc Mega Macrogames.

That's an even better idea then mine.

no, nobody would like that, the whole point is that Wario is the villain character, you don't need two different villains

Maybe iffa you reply in my thread, WAHRIO will tell you!

Attached: DRAWNME.png (200x264, 50K)

I'm sure a lot of people would like that. Waluigi making an appearance would excite a lot of people. You seem extremely averse to experimentation.

waluigi isn't a character, he's intended to just be a second wario. he has no fitting dynamic with any other character other than Wario and he doesn't have enough to warrant an appearance, not to mention warioware already has a million characters, we don't need another one to make things even more muddled.

The fact that he has such an association and dynamic with Wario is why he would fit so well. Also, WarioWare is always adding characters, why does one more existing character seem so bad to you? Do you really just want to buy the same exact game over and over? Having Warios fartner in crime show up in his series would make perfect sense.

God I love 5-Volt...

Attached: E10BA86F-D1D3-4254-A4D6-8301E22D4EF9.png (4541x3774, 3.22M)

Mario games and related series have a loose continuity.

What is 5-Volt doing at night that makes her so paranoid that her kids are still awake?

it's because the characters that are added actually add unique dynamics to the series.
>Lulu is added as a sort of hero character out to act as the counter to Wario
>13 Amp is added as a rival to 9-Volt and 16-Volt
when a character is added it's for a specific purpose, Waluigi's addition would just to be add a second annoying character(who isn't even compatible to Wario as he is in WarioWare and Land). Just face it, the only reason any fan would want him in is because "HAHA FUNNY MEME MAN WALUIGI SHOULD BE IN EVERYTHING" just like how people want him in smash

Because Wario only adventures for money, and he found that exploiting capitalism was more profitable than grave-robbing.

Why is having a second character that's similar to Wario such a bad thing? It really doesn't take a ton of creativity to figure out how to make that work. It could even be like that one user said and they could add him as a secret boss. His whole character is associated with Wario, so why is it so bad to add him to a Wario game?

because Wario in WarioWare is not at all the same as the Wario in spinoff games with Waluigi, Wario has his own personality and ambitions that are completely separate from that loser. Waluigi has literally no reason to be there. Even as a boss, which doesn't even make sense by the way since how Gold's story is formatted kind of makes it impossible to fit that type of character in there

the actual reason waluigi shouldn't be in warioware is because he'd just be a lamer version of Jimmy

Attached: ecdada5a88743fde77947eba6f5b8db3.png (778x1248, 182K)

>How come Wario is so detached from the rest of the Mario characters?

Wario's adventures n' so forth still take place in Mario's world, same as DK & Yoshi's, the only difference, though, is that Wario's don't take place in the Mushroom Kingdom, nore in the middle of the wilderness, so you're thrown off by the shift in aesthetic/modernity.

Do you remember that Mario Mini game thing?
Mario Toy Company/factory is in the same country/place as where Warioware games take place and the general cast lives.

Something else you should consider: Miyamoto has this internal canon that runs alot like Osama Tezuka in that he views some of the platformers not as actual events, but 'plays' or 'movies' and the characters as actors. Super Mario Bros 3 for instance was confirmed as a stage play and not an actual event that happened.
The Mario Kart and sports games might actually be the 'canon' world; in the sense that Mario and his friends are just massive celebrities with numerous business and brands under their belts and so forth.

Attached: MarioToyCo..png (240x384, 21K)

You really have a vendetta against a fictional character and a total lack of creativity don't you? Wario is not at all different in any game. He has always been a gross, greedy asshole and has never been different. There are tons of ways to implement Waluigi into a game. They could do a game where Waluigi is down on his luck and asks Wario for a job, and when he gets it, all of the games he makes are buggy and shoddy and the challenge is playing around the bugs. They could have him try and weasel his way to usurp Warios company. They could even just do a small minigame set where Waluigi is working at a gas station or something and it's totally unrelated to the plot, just like most microgame sets are.

>lack of creativity
>because I don't want a stupid purple meme man who's only purpose from his inception has been to be a no personality roster filler because Nintendo wasn't creative enough to find a way to use Captain Syrup

Attached: WLSSyrup.png (2014x3241, 2.48M)

The first Wario Land had Captain Syrup steal a PEACH statue only to have MARIO retrieve it. One of her bosses is a KOOPA and she has MONTY MOLE minions.

Attached: F6614DA2-AD57-421B-9B73-BCEA521720CB.jpg (760x1051, 133K)

>They could do a game where Waluigi is down on his luck and asks Wario for a job
right there is why I know you are an idiot, Wario would never do that shit, he's a greedy asshole.

Imagine living in the timeline where Captain Syrup was used instead of Waluigi for Mario Tennis. We’d actually be seeing her in Smash by now.

Attached: 1977141D-AE0F-4F3F-B131-BE6A45E3BA3E.jpg (600x600, 80K)

it wouldn't have even required that difficult of an explanation:
>Tennis tournament promises a huge prize so Wario and Syrup promise to team and split it
>secretly both are planning to betray the other and run off with the prize at the very end
that's all they would've had to do...

Attached: 28225f99f368c5f53d58284d46a944d7.jpg (490x479, 45K)

>western "art"

Attached: 1478295774402.jpg (423x600, 55K)

I prefer to think WarioWare set in a reality one step outside of the main Mario universe. Only way to explain that WarioWare games use assets from classic Nintendo games.

I always wonder if the WaPeach character you hear about was actually Captain Syrup prior to being scrapped.

anything Waluigi would offer to WarioWare is already shown through other characters.
>Possible Rival
Lulu
>Goofy side character
have you played WarioWare, but his "personality" is very similar to Crygor in some sense
>Dancing Skills
Jimmy T
>Partner in Crime
doesn't even make sense in the context of WarioWare
>Total Loser
Crygor and Jimmy T
Waluigi is nothing special, he'd just feel forced especially with how well the WW characters all work off each other currently.

He's funny in the sports games.

>Wario lives in my...
What was he trying to say?

he's saying Wario lives in his city but since he's advertising wario he had to correct it to say he lives in HIS city

>Waluigi is nothing special, he'd just feel forced especially with how well the WW characters all work off each other currently.
What if they actually ran with that?
What if they could manage to distill the essence of "cringe", "tryhard" and "forced" into his games?

>contrarians crying at the mere MENTION of Waluigi derail and destroy the Wario thread with their impotent sperg rage
Why am I not surprised.

Attached: B8B867ED-AF61-4CA8-A3C8-2EFF74E0CD94.jpg (762x681, 85K)

Guys guys, hear me out:
Warioware characters in a new Wario land game

and Waluigi.

Attached: E51D2DF8-7551-48F6-BA26-F625FF1246A0.png (785x757, 131K)

because that would be really dumb

no they should be their own worlds