Why is this allowed?

Why is this allowed?

Attached: fuck cropping.png (372x266, 147K)

why are bad cards allowed? i suppose a way to teach new players what makes cards good or bad;

cavalcade is so fucking awesome I can't deal

Firstly redundancy.
Secondly certain cards are better in certain formats, so they are made less powerful than their regular versions or vice versa.

before anyone else replies, the one on the left is only found in the tutorial, its not a real card in any set.

That does not mean there are not powercreep examples in Magic though, its just this is not one of them.

Nu-magic babies are really pathetic

Attached: hold-the-line.jpg (418x305, 93K)

If you have been playing MTG for less than five years, you are in absolutely no way entitled to opinions on the development of the game.

ugh back in my day... mana burn....

Why does everyone love this card so much?

Attached: kld-75-diabolic-tutor.jpg (672x936, 141K)

That's not even the best artwork.

Attached: diabolic tutor.jpg (500x400, 135K)

bad art lends itself to memes

is there even a way that I can become competitive in this game through sheer f2p? it just seems like a rich-babies HS

There's all kinds of silly bullshit. I haven't played in ages but remember one guy I played regularly making a deck that could generate infinite squirrel tokens.

>choose a mosnter from both players graveyard and summon it to your field
allowed
>choose a monster from your own graveyard and equip this spell on it, once the spell gets removed your monster dies aswell
banned

I think the one on the left isn't a real card.

But, that being said, the reason we have shit like Cancel, Overrule, Mana Leak, etc. versions of Counterspell is because each block has to be balanced for constructed drafts as well as standard. Reprinting Lightning Bolt in every single set would be a shitshow because people would never try different things, especially since something like Lava Axe might fit more thematically than just using Fireball.

Same reason "Murder" and "Cancel" are allowed.

>friend across the table sighs heavily

Attached: isd-60-invisible-stalker.jpg (672x936, 142K)

>*SQUAWK*

Why is this allowed

Attached: grn-91-arclight-phoenix.jpg (672x936, 147K)

>4 mana to pull whatever you need right now to set yourself up to win into your hand
Gee wonder why?

cause it's fun
and graveyard hate exists

I’m guessing the card on the right is newer?

Wizards need to sell more cards to nerds. Force nerds to upgrade if they want to stay competitive.

You still have friends to play with?

For the umpteenth fucking time.
The card on the left was made solely for the tutorial.
ITS NOT AN ACTUAL FUCKING CARD

The card on the left was never printed in paper, it's a free low power card specifically designed for the arena tutorial. Neither card is strong at all

They're fucking commons. You find them for .10 at the draft chaff box of any LGS

Mastermind's acquisition is pretty great in the right deck.
>get chromatic lanterns and cabal strongholds
>fill your sideboard with niche, powerful cards like banefire or explosion or krasis
>mastermind them into your hand without worrying about drawing them early

Because it's a tutorial card that doesn't even exist in real life? Play actual Magic faggot.

>implying boggles is a good deck

>draft chaff that nobody will play gets outcreeped by draft chaff that nobody will play
I swear to god the amount of retards who screech POWER CREEP whenever some irrelevant card gets outed is fucking ridiculous. It's like they want standard to be the horrible weak pisspool that it has been for years.

Attached: 1542389781698.jpg (750x951, 100K)