GAME OF THE GENERATION

Say something nice about it.

Attached: devil-may-cry-5-Cover-Art.jpg (1920x1080, 496K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fKZ1iTwDzHg
youtube.com/watch?v=zc7W2t8nfT0
youtu.be/jSaCyxgUs-o
youtube.com/watch?v=IlScQ8IouL8
youtube.com/watch?v=i_84BafqQ4I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Am I taking crazy pills or are you all just ignoring that one third of the playable characters is trash?

fantastic fucking gameplay

V is boring to play
Nero is boring too
2/3rds*

Kind of sad Capcom sort of dropped the ball when they decided to add elements from DmC into the game. Like they got all the superficial non important stuff in like the announcer and the camera, but they completely failed to continue the actual interesting angle of demons controlling the population through capitalism and instead made it a soap opera about family.

GAME OF THE GENERATION

Pros:
Great gameplay, interesting plot, good ending, clear respect for older games.
Cons:
Lot of designs are shit due to copy/pasting irl actors, politics, clear influence from DmC with the increased cursing and plenty of scenes/dialogue that feels like it's trying a little too hard.

Attached: 1359356064664.jpg (481x474, 56K)

>the actual interesting angle of demons controlling the population through capitalism

Back to the breadline, Donte.

Attached: muhgut.jpg (215x285, 25K)

Tips for beating Vergil as Dante? I'm already getting my ass kicked on Devil Hunter.
I usually do fine parrying him with Royal Guard in the beginning, but later on when he spawns his phantasm I just can't get a hit in.

Pros: perfection
Cons: we won't see anything this beautiful for a long time

>politics
What the fuck?

Attached: 1552505515160.png (498x459, 500K)

Best character design of any photorealistic game I know. They look like real people but have very identifiable features and shapes

>politics
??????
The only thing I can think of is that there's a black character who used to be white but he never even appeared in the games before and is actually making people seethe because of how stereotypical he is

Can’t even be bothered to watch a playthough of it on youtube lol.
Looks like soulless anime poop

I abused round trip to stun him as often as possible.

Kill the phantasm, takes like two combos.
Save your Royal Guard full meter attack for when Vergil is already in his last phase.
Blackwashing is political, regardless of how people feel about it.

>Nero isn’t interesting to play until you beat the game, even then he’s overly busy
>V was a neat experiment that didn’t pan out at all
>Dante is the best he’s ever been
Great foundation, let’s see how Vergil is. I also don’t give two shits about playing as Trish or Lady, they were boring in 4SE.

>game of the generation
>devil may lel 5
Thanks for making Claire my waifu, Capcom!

Attached: 1550653515331.jpg (310x313, 25K)

>Mission 10

Attached: 1530429131958.png (550x539, 130K)

>Blackwashing is political
>people find out hes voiced by a white guy
>suddenly this is a problem

>politics

Attached: 9AF66718-35D8-426D-9751-59D0EE333509.png (756x715, 889K)

It's downright depressing that people are latching onto shit characters and ignoring the glaring faults.

Attached: iago.jpg (1600x900, 73K)

It's certainly pretty. Gorgeous animation, realistic characters, impressive visuals and special effects.

To be honest, I'm not digging a lot of the game. It's so dull in so many other areas. Yeah, the combat, but the rest of the game just doesn't hook me enough to really keep me interested in investing on the combat.

He's talking about Morrison getting turned into a nigger you faggot

It was a problem the moment they turned him black.
I actually couldn't give two fucks about the race of the voice actor.

I used to think this but I actually love it now.

It's fun. That's the requirement for games to be good in my opinion.

However I'm shit at it. Even on devil hunter I suck ass. I don't know how to do half the stuff people do on it and I get my ass kicked by bosses. People who don't suck have a lot of game to chew on and the casuals like me have to sit in the back. Not unfair.

>Blackwashing is political, regardless of how people feel about it.
I mean, this isn't such a clear cut example. To me, it feels more like they needed a character to be Dante's broker and thought it would be funny to have him be a stereotypical old black guy and figured they might as well insert anime characters into the game when they needed plot elements to get Dante off his ass. Like if they really did blackwash Morrison purely for diversity points, wouldn't they have been more careful about it seeing as resetera and twitter nerds are up in arms about him because of his accent and voice actor? Then again, his role in the story is super small so it could be either way I guess.

Why not just make a new character then?

Just beat the game. It was a fun ass ride. Overture, Gerbera, Punchline, and Buster were probably my most used breakers. Cerberus with its 3 forms was fucking great. Cavaliere is a blast to play with. Nero's first time activation of his devil trigger was a riot.

Attached: 1523027633985.jpg (1412x566, 350K)

He was from a property no one gave a shit about, but using an established character probably saved them some writing. I'm not sure I believe you actually give a shit though.

Only for 4 more days, soon DMC will be forgotten

Attached: Sekiro-Shadows-Die-Twice-Activision.jpg (1460x821, 259K)

They couldn't use the original design because it belongs to the anime studio, same reason Patty is just a voice in the game

Ahem

Attached: geraldo.jpg (199x254, 8K)

Games with shit combat can't be in contention.

I like the way the black guy says crazy bitches

>Juggling enemies who don't fight back
>GAME OF THE GENERATION

You DMC guys really need to chill on the hyperbole. It's cool you got your sequel and you like it and all that but you really need to stop and think what the gameplay looks like to your average person.

Attached: 1447079897712.png (287x288, 109K)

terrible, not a single memorable boss
i dont even remember the names of any of them other than urizen
only one that comes to my mind is the knight on a quicksilver horse from dmc3, and only because of the horse
still terrible fight

shit, monotonous game with too much walking
combat is braindead and the story is too uninteresting to care about
people only praise the game for the graphics and """"waifus""""
also not made by americans, which people seem to have an issue with

Playing through the game once on devil hunter doesn't mean you can speak to its difficulty

V being a character and the shitty looking engine stop it from being that

Neither can be games with shit level design copypasted

>played on devil hunter

>He was from a property no one gave a shit about
Even if that was true, it doesn't matter.
>I'm not sure I believe you actually give a shit though
If you're going to assume bad faith based off nothing then I'll just assume the same on your part, faggot.

>he hasn't played anything above Devil Hunter
lmaoing @ ur life

Yes they can. Combat is the most important thing in an action game.

V is fine, especially considering you only have to play him for 4 missions. He obviously doesn't have the depth of Dante or Nero, but he has a unique playstyle and he's fun for the amount of chaos he can cause. He's more than enough fun to carry just 4 missions.

youtu.be/fKZ1iTwDzHg
So we can all agree that sakaki is the immaculate conception of ritalin into human form, right?

I don't really believe you give a shit about this series honestly. I think you're just here because of your politics. Be honest have you played them all?

If you're still having trouble as V, remember that hitting enemies with the cane before they turn white will give you a lot of DT. Playing optimally involves face-humping and constant cane slapping. He can also parry with it.

>Need to do a whole playthrough to get to the "intended" experience

No good game does this

Attached: 1549311792388m.jpg (1024x576, 69K)

V isn't that bad. He's got an interesting play style and serves to mix shit up. Not to mention he has the least amount of missions in the game by far.

I consider DMC1, Bayonetta, and W101 all very good games though

Call me when your combat mash button game wins 249 GOTY

Its not about having trouble as V because he is the easiest character to S rank and is borderline unga bunga. He is just boring and tacked on

if you're so hot shit then kill Urizen in the prologue and prove you're good enough for at least Sons Of Sparda, faggot

I seriously need help against elder geryon knight with V on DMD
Holy fucking shit this fight is infuriating, when you kick his shit below 40% he keep one shotting your pets , the only way to put any KIND of offense is to summon nightmare and even then this fucking ASSHOLE might just freezer time on him making you waste your DT

I didn't hate V , he was a little boring but ok, DMD made sure in two fucking mission I would spit on his cadaver
This mother fuckers CAN NOT do damage AT ALL everything takes hours to defeat
And don't even get me started on the Judeccas

youtube.com/watch?v=zc7W2t8nfT0
It's awful

Yeah, you would. Your bias is obvious

...What?

NERO IS BORING
>kameha lasers
>rocket punch
>fly with your rocket arm
>megaman arm
>rev sword that adds new animations and effects to every single special move
>pasta breaker
>arm hook
>zawarudo
>suplex moves
>drop kick to the face
>taunt and rev while in mid air
mhmmm...

Attached: makesyouthink.gif (320x320, 240K)

It's not like SOS is any harder than DH though.

All good games do this, the story is just side dressing for the gameplay, which has a well thought out difficulty curve all the way from devil hunter to DMD. It forces you to learn bit by bit as the difficulty increased until you're busting sss combos every fight for the fun of it

>some literally who nobody
>any clout whatsoever
sure, senpai, whatever you say

>it gets better after 20 hours
It literally does not. It's actually easier in NG+ because you have everything unlocked.

normie's first rpg

Attached: continue dog.jpg (480x270, 11K)

Nah, already returned it after beating it in a day. Cute how you think your little challenge will prove that your game is good though.

Let me apply that to everyone on Yea Forums who's said something good about this trash game

I was playing DMC1 before you were even born, retard.

Attached: Feel free to kill yourself now.jpg (1536x1876, 415K)

I disagree but that's how I felt when everyone kept telling me Sonic Adventure 2 is a good game when 2/3 of the playable characters are not only no-fun, but the complete antithesis of what you'd expect from a Sonic game.

How are you not doing damage? I took the same approach to that fight on every difficulty up to DMD and it worked out fine on all of them.

at least you get better enemy placements, harder to stagger, more hp, and just more enemies in general
>20 hours to beat a DMC game
>on Devil Hunter
pfft
I'm just going to assume you've never actually played the game and are just shitposting to cause a stir

btfo'd

Attached: 1359355689340.jpg (270x279, 46K)

I love almost everything about the game, but the lack of a retry mission option after you complete a mission and the obscene number of loading screens is really wearing on me.

The difficulty curve is not well thought out in DMD at all

Every big ennemy takes solid minutes to defeat it's just tiring

BTFO

Attached: chad.gif (600x431, 739K)

>and the obscene number of loading screens is really wearing on me.
I doubt the devs at Capcom are happy about this either. At least it's seamless once you're in a mission.

I had a nightmare that one of the Bloody Palace floors will be four Furies and two Judeccas

I'm 30 and played the first game on release, ok fair enough. Did you give a shit about morrison before they changed him? I watched the anime and still didn't give a fuck.
A true og like myself has dante's awakening and the SE though. You're kinda basic.

>can rev while he's on his fist
>can max act taunts
>can max act busters
>can time knuckles to keep enemies from flying away
>can actually unga with style now

Attached: 1529728926598.jpg (560x476, 178K)

Am I the only one tha feels like the plot was built around leaving everything in a comfortable place to pick up the franchise from?

>no proof
unlike chad

agreed, my only major gripe with this game
I wonder how they accomplished all these loading screens, it could probably be optimized as to not take so fucking long to do anything
maybe in a future update

D you seriously had no problem when he start fring his bolt by packs of 3 ,one shotting your pets immediately ? Am I missing something about the fight ?

Another reason I can do proper damage is that unless he focus es nightmare he's just jumping everywere ,so half my shit swing in the air

I never even got touched in SoS but i just died 5 times like I dont know how to play

>can max act taunts
>can max act busters
how the fuck

Attached: 1458297755057.jpg (340x407, 18K)

FUCK DMD mode.
If I wanted boring bullet sponge mode, I'd play god of bore.

That's every DMD mode though.

in particular his air taunt is the easiest to rev and max-act

Yeah, that's the whole point. You probably knew what you were doing until you hit a wall, didn't you? You're meant to learn from this, they even start off slowly with tightly planned encounters so you have a chance to learn before you get your shit rocked when you have 3 DT'd razorback cunts shaking you down for meth money, but you probably just focus on killing things quickly instead of developing your own style to dunk on those enemies. 2fury and the sliding hall of Angelo are the only parts I would consider remotely unfair and that's because I suck at with the exceed system

My old as fuck games are in storage, I'm not invested enough to drag them out for an internet fight.

I did like original Morrison, but you're missing the point, even if I didn't, it's still political to swap his race.
>A true og like myself has dante's awakening and the SE though. You're kinda basic.
I have SE on steam, owned the original 4 on Xbox360, which I sold a long time ago.
I had the original 3 as well, but I just didn't hold onto it.

L2/LT during air taunt. You can exceed that. You can also do this during some busters animation, tho this was a thing in 4 too.

I pretty much always had at least three stocks of DT gauge so I could just summon Nightmare and revive Shadow and Griffon if they went down, V can get so much meter that it's not hard to always have Nightmare at the ready even if you're using him liberally.

Can you max act his ground taunts?

only the one that uses his sword

I'll never forget my first experience with dante's awakening. That was ball busting and I thought I was hot shit for being pretty good at DMC1.

Fair enough. I don't mind if you have a problem with it then, I just hate people turning games I like into politics shitflinging. If the combat is great and the other shit is passable then that's enough for me. Lady could turn to the camera and lecture me on trans rights for 5 minutes, I'd just skip it and go back to killing shit.

Yes. One user even said you could do it during cutscenes but I think that's bullshit. If you buster a boss with a rev animation you can actually max act the rev, like on malphas and artemis

Attached: shitpost_updated.jpg (1200x900, 566K)

nigga who gives a fuck? Morrison is in the game for like 3 cutscenes and affects like 0.0001% of the overall product, none of which is the gameplay

Here's the thing though, the spinny razorcunts are annoying but have reasonnably high HP

Big knights, queen empusas and Judecca for example i'm just whacking at these assoles forever and ever it's way too long

>Lady could turn to the camera and lecture me on trans rights for 5 minutes, I'd just skip it and go back to killing shit.
Well that's a damn shame

Attached: Vergil_JUSTD_1.png (471x650, 499K)

The guy probably thought that because against Urizen Nero does that ground taunt that automatically fills one revoir bar during the cutscene but once it goes to gameplay he's actually doing it for real

If you unironically have problems with the judecca you're a scrub who needs to get gud, the big knights are unironically a little bullshit but they, once again, force you through gameplay to either hate your playstyles for sucking dick, like yours does, or to get fucking gud with the tools they gave you. Max acting every attack sucks dick, but it also increases your dps like 300%, the knights are only a problem if you don't apply your skill.

Just don't care if it doesn't affect my experience. The cube room is infinitely worse than morrison being black because it actually affects my playthrough.

Attached: 91yqu4g5dtc11.png (1036x1136, 1011K)

Are you even reading what i'm writing ? It's not about not being able to defeat them, it's about how long it takes

Proto angelo feels like it takes forever to kill as dante. Not him btw.

Not even best action game released in 2019 this far 6/10

If you care about DPS buster punching is way more efficient than reving, unless you can max act all the time but we know you cant

There hasn't been an action game in 5 years even in the same league. What could you possibly be talking about.

>unless you can max act all the time but we know you cant
Neither can you bitch :^)

Attached: 1446077278065.jpg (515x504, 211K)

You're goddamn right I can't, and I still don't have any problems with proto angelos, so this nigger must be the ultimate scrub

Which is why i'm saying buster punching is more efficient cunto

The Queens are totally fine, they have a lot of health, but they're big enemies, and they're health feels appropriate. Proto Angelo's have far too much, Judecca's kind of have too much health but I think the issue is more that they run away so much, the amount of health they have doesn't feel like the reason their fights get dragged out.

Are you drunk right now ?

There's a webm going around of Dante absolutely style the tits off one of them with balrog
And that's where you fucked up. Once you begin learning tech, which is to say abusing the intentional glitches they left in the game, you will become far more stylish. They even went out of their way to include similar play from 4, like Nero having plenty of moves that coincidentally have recovery frames exactly as long as the number of charge frames hard way. The game is telling you that you suck by punishing you with pointlessly long fights that you could avoid by sucking less

REAL IMPACT
E
A
L

I
M
P
A
C
T

youtu.be/jSaCyxgUs-o

the absolute madman spoiled it 12 years ago and no one picked up on it

Attached: 4124c5df392556e6e66a0549932517ae.jpg (800x660, 269K)

Maybe a little, shut up

Attached: 1552783243605.jpg (500x680, 39K)

Keep sucking that capcock

I dunno about you but against queens i'm always looking at my watch, they ddon't even have good movesets so the entire fight is me dancing around them for what always seems way too long

Ironnically the big dog monster things have more ,if not the same amount of health yet never feel this tedious because they at least move and attack other demons

I will. They're the best devs right now hands down.

You guys set the camera at the maximun distance from the character right?
It seems like a no brainer but I was wondering if it fucks the enemies-can't-attack-from-offscreen manipulation and maybe some attacks are harder to read for dodging/rg.

List an example.

No they aren't, they haven't gotten a GOTY in like.. how long? 15 years?

> more that they run away so much
This, if you can keep one in the air it'll fall over quick but if it can teleport around you're getting some cardio in

Queen Empusa's can hurt others with their attacks too I believe, at least they seemed to be doing so with their attack where they jump up high and land on top of you. I think if the fights went on too long they'd be tedious, but their health bars really don't feel that big even on DMD. They feel appropriate to the enemy.

Mass Effect Andromeda

Attached: 1407015614771.png (625x626, 24K)

They had one last year for me, and only my opinion matters. Story games always win GOTY and they suck.

GOTY awards are meaningless since everyone knows they pay for those awards, and don't rely on the merit of their games being fun

I got lucky with the Angelo Hall and paired up with a V player for that mission and we ended up meeting together to play out the fight. The wall I hit on DMD was the riots in the sewer on mission 3. Seriously fuck those and the Lusachia. I feel like an un-stylish fuck when I fight them now because i just enemy step juggle them while the others reee on the ground at me.

Attached: 1552531501977.png (539x532, 493K)

Can someone explain how guard braking works ?

Against the scisors or Vergil it seems completely random wether I break them or not

Don't guard break scissors, just wait to clash with them and one-shot em.

>Though loyal to both V and Vergil, all three familiars recognize their continued existence will only bring him pain, so once they have outlived their usefulness, they intercepted and attacked Dante, forcing him to kill them.
>their continued existence will only bring him pain
Explain

I set it to like 7-8 which feels pretty far already.

they're the manifestation of his nightmares from the time he spent as Nelo Angelo.

And how exactly killing them will help Vergil?

It baffles me how there are people who enjoy that tumblr tier drivel.

Attached: 1544033933895.gif (212x327, 171K)

It will make the nightmares stop

Which nightmares

Is DT distortion a thing in this game? I always DT after real impact by habit but I'm not sure if it's actually doing anything in this game

Oh, I'm sorry, I should've just ignored you.

I'm pretty sure it is, but I don't know for sure.

>enemy step juggle
I thought that was the only way to play Nero without having an aneurism trying to dodge all the enemy's shit while pulling off your own slow as fuck attacks

I'm serious

V's summons are Vergil's nightmares manifest from the time he was Mundus' butt buddy
kill them and Vergil's nightmares will vanish
do you understand now?

They're not literally him, how it should affect him in any way? I just don't understand how it works in dmc lore.

post the good songs
youtube.com/watch?v=IlScQ8IouL8

"Fuck you." - Nero

Attached: dt knuckle 3.webm (640x360, 2.8M)

IQ levels in the youth are -literally- lower than they've ever been.

He had nightmares. They are born from those nightmares. When they die he will no longer be tormented by nightmares. This isn't complicated.

they're HIS FUCKING NIGHTMARES PHYSICALLY MANIFEST
KILL THEM AND SO TOO WILL HIS OWN NIGHTMARES
BECAUSE THEY'RE FUCKING DEAD
YOU KILL THEM DEAD
HOW DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND YOU RETARD

>He had nightmares
Source on that?

Griffon literally says this just as he's about to die
pay attention dumbass

how do you cancel neros moves like this? i saw that you can jump cancel payline but the back forward air attack is stuck to a single air usage afaik unless you cancel it i suppose?

Please, be patient, I have autism. So, you're saying how it works how, exactly? You can kill any memory by making it a half-physical tulpa?

Attached: 1518843734262.jpg (986x553, 347K)

Strange that they're essential to V then, to the point where he goes out of his way to get them back after they're taken from him by Malphas.

Imagine taking this shit tier plot seriously

they're still a part of him that he can control
they are HIS nightmares after all, may as well put them to good use

Fuckin try it, fag. It sounds like you've got the concept at least

Attached: deepfried_1552743938233.png (853x486, 657K)

According to manga, they weren't a part of him until V made a pact with them.

imagine having trouble understanding simple shit, then backpedal and call it shit-tier when you're proven to be a retard
we all know it's nonsensical, but so are many other things that we like
I imagine you have things that you like that are silly but others can't understand

I don't have yamato for shit like this man.

/x/ is at least as edgy as yamato is

Imagine pretending that I don't understand what you're talking about. I'm not the other person, I'm just pointing out how autistic you're getting over such a garbage story.

Getting conflicting answers here.

Corporeal manifestations of Vergil's nightmares while he was slave to Mundus, but they ended up just roaming about until he made a pact with them to work together. While they exist, Vergil will still be tormented by nightmares.

That's a clusterfuck.

If it were nonsensical it wouldn't follow any logic at all, but they do and it's pretty clearly explained. Vergil was omega tier butthurt about having mundus aids and he Freddy Krueger'd them into existence when he split himself, so killing them would logically [macguffin] the nightmares, some shit you've just got to chalk up to anime flair

Finished it up today and started SoS.

I had a lot of fun during the normal encounters, but I didn't enjoy too many of the boss fights. Am I approaching them wrong? They all sort of felt the same to me. Circle strafe while they thrash about, jump around while they shoot magic blasts, and mindlessly whale on them during an opening. I know any game can be boiled down as such, but I never felt like I was using any of the style mechanics that I was learning throughout the levels, or building any kind of strategy.

Attached: zac-efron-shrugs.jpg (498x375, 26K)

Will Dan accidentally confirm a new DMC again?

Attached: 5ad53nb.png (448x817, 575K)

Fuck, why have I never tried knuckling while doing showdown yet

The nightmares, being a part of himself, got along famously with all the parts of him that weren't the negative parts of desiring power to protect his loved ones. If you pay attention to the third act in 3, it's pretty clear that Vergil is a mommyfag who never got over being an orphan, at least until he finally reconciles with his brother in the pits of hell. He's too proud to outright admit it, but spending time as V without the demon side influencing his thoughts changed him

I don't really remember how a lot of the boss fights went down for me on DH, but I've definitely felt like I had to make use of different styles and do more than just run away until there's an opening and then wail on them. Then again, though I may not remember the specifics, I do remember enjoying the boss fights on DH as well.

most of the SoS bosses aren't too much harder/different than the DH ones, they do get more threatening moves (longer strings, usually, bigger hitzones), but it isn't really until DMD that they get to be assfuck level of fuckery.

DH is literally the tutorial, SOS starts adding in new spawns and enemy tactics.
>mfw the first time two furies combo me to death from full in about 6 franes

Attached: vergil.png (626x374, 309K)

Kalina Ann takes out Phantom Vergil in 2-3 hits.

Not even the game of the month, dumb boomer

Attached: 1532607793010.png (800x478, 1.04M)

The game is designed so you can beat it just buy mashing buttons and dodging around but the ceiling is fairly high in terms of what you can do for style and DPS.
youtube.com/watch?v=i_84BafqQ4I

Ehhhhhh...Mega Man 11 was better

this

how so?

>mfw remix of psycho siren during shadow

Attached: 1540473552739.jpg (588x588, 30K)

The camera is ass.

Congrats you're a collector, where's the save data?

V is a fun change of pace and you barely play as him if you don't like him.