These QTEs

>these QTEs
holy shit
what the FUCK were they thinking

Attached: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn02.nintendo-europe.com%2Fmedia%2Fimages%2F11_square_images%2Fgames_18%2Fnintendo (1000x1000, 664K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EwA5Hw3jC-0
youtube.com/watch?v=8IqFDmjli7c
youtube.com/watch?v=Gn8-by_PM1o
youtube.com/watch?v=XlftARg5xlU
youtube.com/watch?v=ZbcRTZTrBf8&list=PL4974828533C1619B&t=0s&index=29
youtube.com/watch?v=5HcmhgGp9QQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You are supposed to play this game one handed

Yeah, that's not something I appreciate about the game. In RE4 it was something to keep you on your toes and if you bought the bullet from it you could try again till you got it right, which is what I'm sure they were thinking of when they implemented it, to keep players on their toes, but Bayo punishes you for failing that and makes you try again while RE4 just makes you try again with no real consequence.

It's one of those things you look at a you love the game not because of it but despite of it.

They luckily got rid of them in the second.

unironically because Kamiya had a huge hard on for God of Square Button when he made this game

he betrayed his DMC roots in favour of a button masher

I got them down pat pretty well at one point before my ps3 broke (ylod). I got the game a few years later on Wii U (yeah, yeah, I know) and kept fucking them up for a couple of weeks. At least there were only like two of the bad ones. I like the Climax, and standard QTEs fine

what the hell is god of square button
also the rest of the game heavily discourages button mashing, which makes it all much weirder

He's referring to God of War, which Kamiya's said he found fun at the time. I agree with you tho, the only major source of mashing is QTEs. The rest of the game, not so much. If you mash, you get locked into a combo ender

Just playing DMC 4 again now and it feels like the predecessor to Bayonetta.

>he betrayed his DMC roots in favour of a button masher
Kamiya literally wanted to cram QTEs in DMC too, were it not for the rest of the team managing to persuade him not too you'd have QTEs on top of the Space Harrier sections and underwater levels.

The game still has QTEs out the ass and the boss ones are insta-death.
I expect 3 to have them as well because Kamiya is a madman.

QTEs were still trendy at the time. Easily the biggest flaw with the game.

I dunno. It's the only real blemish on an otherwise fantastic game

I don't know about that...

I would be fine if the input during a QTE to make Bayo jump to safety is her fucking gun button and NOT her goddamn jump button.

is there a mod for getting rid of them?

Christ I butched that sentence... Qte inputs are stupid and dont match her normal ingame responses

I just hate that failing a QTE can be an insta-kill, especially when the timing may not be immediately clear in that initial split-second

>all those lost ranks

Not the ONLY. B1 is kinda drape, the story is really disjointed, the PS3 version is the PS3 version and on Switch the Climax QTEs are really fucked so you have to smash that button so much more than on the other versions to get the full bonus. B has had a lot of issues in her life as a VG, ranging from odd to experience changing. So far the most definitive versions of the game are the PC and 360 on XB1 and that in itself is rather blemishing.

the Jeanne one is fucking cancer

I don't think bad versions of the game are really an issue on the games behalf. Also a disjointed story in an action game isn't that big of a deal. It's entertaining and the cast is likeable, and that's enough.

What about the Wii U version?

im about to play bayo from the steam sale actually.
I hate QTE's and RNG, is it that bad in this game?

Kamiya seems to have some need to put stupid bullshit in all his games.

>Remove QTEs
>also remove everything that made the first game good

Attached: ear.jpg (236x402, 28K)

QTE's stopped bothering me on my first Hard run.

For anybody new to the game, I hope you guys are learning dodge offset.

As someone who got it recently as well, if you're into the genre you'll be able to overlook it. The game is excellent. The problem isn't that they are too frequent, it's that they're very sudden and you have to mash that shit hard to get the max points during the QTE.
However, since you're on PC, the Steam Controller Configuration tool lets you configure your controller (whatever it is) to just mash that button automatically without you having to kill your finger. There's a guide on the game's steam community page.

It's a great game, but you need to watch the first 10 minutes of this video:
youtube.com/watch?v=EwA5Hw3jC-0

I've always liked these games (especially DMC and Bayonetta), but I always hated that I have to memorize and study combos to "git gud". I mean "git gud" in the sense of being able to do stylish shit, not in the sense of being able to get through the games.
Do people actually memorize all the different combos and chains, or does it come to you naturally after the normal playthrough?

why don't you just explain it in your own words, you e-celeb dick sucking faggot?

QTEs are fine in bayo because they're only a small part of a fight and allow for stylish setpiece finishers, which you couldn't have in normal gameplay. I think they're a net positive

This. I can’t take people’s criticism of bayo seriously when they act like the qte’s are a persisting problem. The games asking you to press a button, it shouldn’t take you more than once.

I unironically thought they were cool. I only first played it like a year ago on PC though.

Comes naturally in dmc. Bayo is a bit more memorization. dmc is freeform combos with no real long chains. Bayo has dial a combo.

thx

Kamiya is shit.

Attached: kamiya no jumping and qtes.png (1024x305, 225K)

They come naturally. I usually have a look over the combo list, remember a few key combos and just feel the rest out.

>bayo has dial a combo

It has sequences with finishers but if that’s what you think the combo system is then you’ve never gone deeper than a wicked weave finish lmao

Dial a combo?

I'm not saying it's shallow. I'm describing it. Dmc is more freeform. Yeah I don't like bayo as much as dmc, but I don't think it's bad.
punch punch kick is one move. punch kick kick is another move. Etc.

I can't replay kamiya games for this reason
every fucking game has THAT LEVEL, that one part of the game that's just tedious and boring and takes up a bunch of time
fucking bayonetta and W101 have a bunch of them

that also happens in dmc though

He's kind of correct, in the sense that the basic dial-a-combo works like well, the dial-a-kombo from MK that it's named after. Set combo strings, which in this case are dependent on your weapon loadout. Obviously, with dodge-cancelling, loadout switching mid-combo, etc, how you use the deials changes, but in the MK sense, yes it's a dial a combo system. DMC has a bunch of those too ofc, but again the difference in beatemups is what you can do within those combos

DMC and Bayo are completely different in terms of combo systems. DMC favors short strings that cancel into each other and rewards variety in combos so that simply weapon switching and mashing a button can get you an S (but not SSS). Bayonetta is a game that's built around doing long strings in order to get wicked weaves and dodging while doing them. Combos in Bayo are typically just going down the move list rather than mixing it up because some combo paths lead nowhere and the majority of your damage/score comes from weaves at the end of strings. Bayo is much more tuned towards memorizing combo trees while DMC is about creatively mixing short strings together.

Obviously I'm not saying Bayo doesn't reward creativity but outside of combo videos, the game incentivizes you to stick to your move list. That's why dodge offset is such a big deal in Bayo but wouldn't make much of a difference in DMC.

dmc is a series of very short combos that you choose from with button delays. Bayonetta has some long ass combos and you choose them with alternating punch and kick. It's more memorization imo.

That's true, it's not the game's fault, but we DO have to put up with them. When a version is as inferior as the PS3 version was it is not just a dropkick to the face of the game but the players. I paid full price for the PS3 version and didn't know what a difference it made till I got a 360 a few years ago.

Yo no se. I played 2 on the WiiU but that was at a friend's, I don't own one so I can't say anything about it.

Attached: 1550798130809.jpg (2977x4587, 1.39M)

It was nearly identical to the 360 version, just perfect.

you can do more in bayo, it’s MORE freeform. You can input any of bayos single input moves (stinger, riser, instant weaves) at any point in a sequence. You can mix different parts of sequences or Enders together with panther offset. DMC isn’t more freeform, it just has less moves. There are dial combos, DMC has them too, bayos are just longer and there are more of them as well as having the single input moves and they can all be mixed

QTEs, yes
RNG, really none of importance
I think I'd just prefer there to be a bit more buffer room in the QTEs, not like Wonderful 101 length but I thought the few in Bayo 2 were much more decent

Because it's easier to watch a video than read an explanation and trying to imagine how it translates into actual gameplay.

That said, here's my explanation. In bayo, you need to finish your combos, because you get the most damage out of combo finishers, wicked weaves. It's hard though, because enemies are very aggressive. It's not as hard if you are using dodge offset.

Here's how it works. all weapons in bayo include charge properties. Holding down the attack buttons allow you to extend your combos and also dodge in the middle of the combo.

Try the following combinations with pistols:
Punch Kick Punch - you get a combo finisher
Punch holdKick dodge Punch - you also get the combo finisher

This is key to bayo's combat. Your defense and defense become one. You will be constantly dodging around dishing out wicked weaves.

Do note that you don't have to be in the enemies' face at all to do the combo. If you are holding down the attack button if will be raining bullets.

Also, enemies will use different attacks depending on their distance to you. Sometimes it's better to approach a scary enemy and get a predictable dodgable attack out of then, then run away and deal with a more dangerous attack.

>Combos in Bayo are typically just going down the move list rather than mixing it up

Maybe at extremely low level play.

>God of War 4 has barely any QTEs and there's an option to make them super easy inputs (hold)
>Uncharted 4 has an option for hold inputs too
>Spider-Man PS4 has an option to auto-complete them

Even AAA devs are moving away from QTEs. Do you think Bayo 3 will have them and if so to what degree?

he has mostly good ideas but yeah, I'm not a fan of certain things he try to do.

I'd be surprised if you don't mash for bonus halos on the torture attacks and boss finishers

Generally speaking, it's always better to hold down the attack buttons in bayo, because you get more damage and a potential dodge offset. You will be standing there shooting, while also anticipating an incoming attack.

Except panther offset, you don’t have to hold the button and with proper PO you can get weaves out much quicker than holding and doing traditional DO

I love the guy, but god damn was it really necessary to put a space harrier portion BEFORE one of, if not the best boss in that game, and hell one of the best bosses in a character action game? Christ the section lasts 10 to fucking 15 minutes, god damn.

Attached: 1533319342658.jpg (882x714, 88K)

It's up to you to learn the combat system. I'll be honest, the first time I learnt dodge offset, I proceeded to play through Hard using only YBY and maybe a launcher with Shuraba. My combo rank suffered, but I was having way too much fun to care.

I had to put in some effort later to add more combos and weapons into my arsenal, and I had fun doing that.

>You can input any of bayos single input moves (stinger, riser, instant weaves) at any point in a sequence.
Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know that you couldn't stinger mid combo in DMC. My game must be broken.
>You can mix different parts of sequences or Enders together with panther offset.
The goal is still do do a number of strings in order to get to the weave. DMC and Bayonetta have a fundamental design difference and its in how weaves and dodge offset incentivise long strings while DMC does not. Whether you do the PPPKKP or the PPPKKK combo really doesn't matter because its all just trying to get to the final hit and bring out a WW.

That's also why Bayo's enemies aren't just punching bags. If they were, then the game wouldn't actually be any fun. Having to manage long strings while doing dodge offset is what makes Bayo fun, and its also why people give DMC shit because typically DMC enemies are just combo food. Of course there are exceptions and in Bayo 1 you can basically infinitely juggle enemies until they die but I'm talking about the general differences between the series and they end up being pretty big in the long run.

I'm saying that you can't just mash buttons in Bayo and get Pure Platinums because you need to know your combo route. If you are just swapping moves left and right without an end goal then you aren't getting weaves and you aren't doing much damage or getting a lot of style. How about stop being so defensive? I'm describing the fundamental way you are supposed to play Bayonetta, not what top level combo autism there is available. Top level DMC4 combos rarely hit SS style but I wouldn't describe the game to someone new as being about guard flying and showing off.

It’s 10 minute if you don’t die. It’s actually a phenomenal shooter design and no one can actually give examples of what’s bad about it. It is unforgivable that the final Jeanne fight is locked behind it though.

>defense and offense become one
Fixed.

>Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know that you couldn't stinger mid combo in DMC. My game must be broken.

Right. Bayo is more freeform.

>PPPKKP or the PPPKKK combo really doesn't matter

These are two very different enders. The first is a launcher and the second incorporates two sweeps (which put enemies into a different state, especially Jeanne and joys) then a high damage kick ender that sends enemies back for collide damage or wall bounce.

Also these two sequences lead into different weaves for weapon switching. You haven’t played a lot of bayo.

That's not accurate.

The combos in Bayo aren't just numerous for the hell of it. They are numerous because they each have an effect that will determine what happens to the enemy. Some push them away, some lauche them into the air, some slam them to the ground while others are weapon specific and the reason there are so many combos, really, is because anything you can do in the ground you can do in the air.

Bayo has all of the same functions as DMC, even mapped to the same layout, but the biggest difference lies in how every combo will do something different as a finisher, and for as many effects as there are there must be as many combos.

*just as freeform

What I meant was the example that DMC allows you to mix short input strings of moves when bayo allows for the exact same thing

>. It’s actually a phenomenal shooter design and no one can actually give examples of what’s bad about it.
this is the best bait I've seen all week. This bait is so good that it deserves a reply, it's that good.

- It's repetitive, enemy types and formations repeat or play identically
- It's visually ugly as the bg repeats forever
- The camera makes it hard to tell when hitboxes are actually active and how to line up a shot
- Nobody can think of any more critiques because the section is so shitty that no one plays it more than they have to

Stone collector here. Fck Jeanne and fck Grace & Glory. I used shield candy against them.

Attached: 1493559157439.png (422x339, 107K)

That's because you are not using dodge offset. Grace and Glory are the most fun enemy in the game.
youtube.com/watch?v=8IqFDmjli7c

No enemy types play identically. It cycles twice. Visuals are objective, give specific examples of why its ugly. I never had issues lining up a shot. You can’t think of other critique because you don’t have any. You sucked ass at it and it made you mad.

I didn't comment on which game was more freeform, I just said that as opposed to fighting games where set strings are usually set strings (unless you use a limited number of special cancels), beatemups allow for more freedom in general. Yes, there are differences between DMC and Bayo but that was beside my point. I agree with you two about the overall implementation, and how dodging, wicked weaves etc factor into actually *using* them

any tips for NSIC?

I can respect the honesty. Dodge offset + Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa help a lot, while not trivialising them. Ok, MoMK goes towards doing that if you can perfect parry, but shaddap

Looks like someone just watched an old JonTron video on YouTube. I really like old JonTron videos myself friend.

You can say the same thing about DMC. Some combos end in a launcher (DSD YY-YY) and some end in knock back. You're trying
>the reason there are so many combos, really, is because anything you can do in the ground you can do in the air.
The move list is long because it has to list every combo route that ends in a wicked weave because you need to know whether or not your attack is going to end in one or not.

I'm being general here, obviously there are differences. The point I'm making is that the goal is getting to the finishers, whereas in DMC, the finishers are something you want to avoid. You're basically trying to have an argument that I'm not even trying to argue.

???
what the fuck are you talking about

First of all, you need to be familiar with dodge offset.

Also, Evil Harvest Rosary is incredibly helpful for playing on NSIC for the first time.

I’m specifically talking about the claim made earlier by an user that DMC is more freeform. I’m also refuting the idea that all the different WW enders are indistinguishable.

10 minutes is retardedly long for a shooter stage, a typical good shmup stage is about 3-5 minutes including the boss(es). The enemy patterns are boring and repeat themselves, there's nothing interesting going on in the gameplay either. It's amateurish, the sort of stuff you do as a programming practice and not as serious game design. I refuse to believe Kamiya likes shmups if this is his idea of a good one.

what game?

>No enemy types play identically.
That was a bit of hyperbole, I'm sure none of them are technically exact duplicates, but they're all so straightforward and compared to the regular combat there's so little room for variance or fun.
>It cycles twice.
So you agree with me on the repetitive point. Excellent.
>Visuals are objective,
They are? Hmm, I'd have to disagree there, but your opinion is your opinion.
>give specific examples of why its ugly.
Well it's a drab black night scene and the missile travels in a straight line to the island. It's a very monotonous visual to stare at. But what makes it ugly is how violently the camera turns and spins at the slightest movement.
>I never had issues lining up a shot.
Oh? Well that's nice. You've really changed everyone's minds now.
>You can’t think of other critique because you don’t have any.
Was this meant to be a "gotcha"? Of course I don't have any more critiques to give at the moment. If I got up and replayed the level I could probably give more, but unless you're willing to pay me then I'm not playing that awful level again.
>You sucked ass at it and it made you mad.
Ad hominems are so last year darling.

Also, I'm not the person who made the free form comment. I only responded to the person who said that DMC and Bayonetta was similar, then I proceeded to point out what makes their battle systems different. Read the reply chain. I have no idea why the "bayo is more free" poster keeps replying to me.

>The point I'm making is that the goal is getting to the finishers, whereas in DMC, the finishers are something you want to avoid.

Then I agree. I refute the idea that bayo is less freeform. It’s more freeform in its combat than DMC. And honestly even the middle of sequences produce different moves that have their own uses. When I was doing Jeanne 4 NCIS PP I’d do the sweeps into Durga hold bombs then cancel the ender for an instant heel stomp because it was faster then finishing a sequence.

I broke the X button on a x360 controller because of Kamyia's QTEs.
Fuck Kamiya. Faggot owes me 50€.

Bayo 1, I mean Bayo 2 was also great and had fantastic bosses, but its hard to really think of one that beat Jeanne 3 boss fight.

Alright

young Balder?

>Tfw can never ever have a nice Bayo thread because it's always started by stonelets shitposting

Elaborate. Don’t just say they’re boring. Why are the patterns boring and amateurish. Give examples of enemy behaviors and compare them to other shooters.

i call them stoners

After the first playthrough they aren't a problem aymore but yeah, they kinda spoil your first time with cheap "gotcha!" moments that lead to a lot of stone awards. Besides that, it's really a fantastic game, I've been replaying it and it's still one of the very best. Stop abusing torture attacks, you should leave them for enemies closer to death so you can maximize your combo score

Didn't know dodge offset made such a difference. I usually avoided bullets altogether against them since they blocked them. I'll keep that in mind if dodge offset still exists in Bayo2 as I still need to play it.

SOMEONE
PLEASE
explain dodge offset to me a bit better. I don't quite get it and I think I just need a different explanation at this point to wrap my head around it

Attached: 1516574269337.jpg (670x671, 79K)

Those were close I will admit.

I've recently started the PS3 version. What are the differences?

interrupting combos because you have to dodge sucks
so you can hold any button in a combo, dodge while holding it, and then resume the combo from there.

Ah, in that case I agree. Also worth noting that there's another difference between option for long and short combos in Bayo that I haven't seen a lot people mention. Damage scaling. IIRC, PKP (hold) inflicts its damage-per-hit faster than longer combo variants (I'm probably wording this wrong). If for some reason you lose your wicked weave during PPPKKK (like having to dodge cancel the last hit) you'll possibly do less damage than opting for a shorter one. IMO it's a good way of making the player have to choose situationally what the best option is, instead of going for PPPKKK or similar every time

I have no idea how you got through Hard in bayo 1 without dodge offset. The first fight against Jeanne forced me to learn it.

Dodge offset is still present in bayo 2, and it will help you have more fun with that game for sure. However, bayo 2 is also a game that lets you activate Umbran Climax and obliterate everything on screen without effort, so it's not mandatory to use dodge offset.

So punch>kick>punch and hold each button. Notice how she keeps firing her guns? Now while holding one of the buttons dodge(and continue holding). When the dodge ends press the next button in the sequence. You’ll get the ender.

Example
Punch>kick(hold)>dodge(while still holding kick)>dodge ends(let go do kick now)>Punch

You’ll get the punch weave even though you dodged. Now you can dodge on reaction of enemies and maintain your weave sequence.

>>I've recently started the PS3 version.
HOLY SHIT
user you need to do research before you buy games. GTFO. The PS3 version is dog shit and runs at like 30fps. The 360/WiiU/Switch versions are all better, but the PC version is ideal. The PS3 version is unplayable.

Tbf, you can opt not to use Umbran Climax and go for torture attacks, accessories, or just holding the charge instead

Perfect, exactly what I needed.
My friend wouldn't tell me anything beyond "you can just, like, dodge offset"

Attached: 1532313526053.gif (200x150, 1.03M)

ps3 version is awful, whenever you start doing dodge offset with pistols the framerate tanks.

You can opt for that buts it’s almost always a worse decision. Instant weaves are not worth the magic cost with how needed weaves are in 2, and torture attack costs the same as UC and does significantly less for the meter.

There was a patch for it you fucking retard, then again this is the board who started gabergooberz, the movement based on lies

Young Balder was alright but it sucked how his fight revolved around getting into witch time

First off I have to say that you have given no reasons why you like the stage either.

But ok, here goes:
-there is lots of dead space, silent moments where nothing is going on and you're just waiting for enemies to appear
-dodging is generally uninteresting and can be done with very basic bullet streaming, you never have to stop and think about how you should approach a certain pattern
-like already said the patterns repeat themselves, they shove you the same encounter with minor differences, there is no sense of surprise or threat
-the gameplay is extremely basic, you can just shoot and dodge. This wouldn't be a problem if the stage was good but it just isn't

Cut like 80% of the stage and it would be fun little minigame. Now it just overstays it welcome like five times.

Seriously what do you see in it? What are your favorite shooters outside of this bayo stage? What do you find so thrilling in it?

That's what I thought going into the game, but wicked weaves don't deal as much damage as in 1. Pretty sure the fevs intended you to use UC on bigger enemies and bosses. I'm playing on Climax 3 right now.

>I have no idea how you got through Hard in bayo 1 without dodge offset. The first fight against Jeanne forced me to learn it.
Hard mode.... don't be mad, but I didn't play hard mode. Bayo was/is on my backlog and I wanted to get to them before Bayo3 releases.

Even with the patch shit's fucked.

Shoot em ups fucking suck

The patch didn't help much.

Unplayable is a bit harsh IMO. Yes it’s the worst version, and if you have a 360/XB1/Switch/Wii U or PC from the past 5 years you’re far better off with any of them, but I beat the game on PS3 first time and it was fine.

I hope you get to it, learn dodge offset and have tons of fun with the game like I did.

Not that user but it was still trash, as was the loading. I installed that patch/install back in the day, and every other version is still way superior.
You're not wrong, but I'll take it as an option to challenge myself, or whatever you'd call it. I didn't mean instant weaves so much as
>play normally but don't pop Climax
that said though

>pulling the gg card out of nowhere
what the fuck is wrong with you?
and gg was perfectly legitimate when it started out, but it got hijacked by retards just like everything else. sadly the problem gg exposed is wasnt fixed.

I feel like Kamiya wants to make a shoot-em-up, anons.

Attached: this partys gettin cuhrazy.gif (271x480, 3.07M)

I got that shit years ago when I wasn't clued up but didn't play it and subsequently forgot about it. I'll probably get it on PC then, thanks.

RE4 QTEs aren't good either. Just because they don't have a major material consequence doesn't make them acceptable.

I'm aware. I've spent a decent amount of time on Bayo 2. But I'm suggesting some form of self-challenge dammit. Ignore the design and play dumb

It's dirt cheap right now on Steam.

>You can say the same thing about DMC.
No you couldn't. And some Combos? You can't really say 'some' when Dante only has 2 ground and 1 aerial, all of which sent the guy flying away. The 12(pause)34 combo isn't a launcher, it ends in Million Stab, another effect, but just sends the guy flying away. A launcher is when you send the enemy straight up into the air, and not just at face level with the character, like with Nero's Hold Y move. High time altitude high.

Now, lets say, for the sake of argument, that this is something that can be done but is weapon specific. I'd argue the benefit is that these combos are mostly universal across all weapons and getting the effect you want isn't limited by having to have the right weapon equipped or tracking it down on your arcenal. Any weapon can. In truth I can't think of why one would be superior to the other. It's a matter of diversity and design differences.

Nero's 1(pause)2345 that slams dude's to the ground and his second aerial combo re the only ones that don't just push them away. That dude needs more weapons to go with that arm. I still find him a bit anemic in his repertoire.

>You're trying the reason there are so many combos, really, is because anything you can do in the ground you can do in the air.
Not sure what this means but every combo and move you have in the ground you have in the air. If you didn't the list would be half as long, so, yeah, it'd be half as big without them.

Besides, there are a lot of combos that don't end in WW.

There are not sequences of long dead space besides when it ranks you at the end of a section and they’re short and paced well to let yourself breathe. There are interesting patterns, in fact ones that mimick the ones present in Mundus 1. Like when the second boss shoots it’s stream of projectiles most players opt to circle strafe and forgo damage, but you can actually do a half circle strafe from the bottom of the screen to the top, then slowly drop down the middle while hitting the boss in the face. It takes execution, is satisfying and rewarding. I also like how it incorporates the games core mechanics into a different genre such as it’s use of witch time, score system, combo chain system, default control scheme and magic meter management. The music is also a phenomenal afterburner remix, if you’d dont like that remix you’re lame. It could do with being a couple minutes shorter and Jeanne being its own chapter, those are actually legit criticisms. Also another criticism I have is you can’t fire max speed without pianoing the buttons, and I don’t like that.

The encounters only cycle once, I said twice earlier because I knew you’d agree with it because you don’t even remember the stage.

The QTEs are the biggest flaws but the bike/flying levels are garbage too and having to clear gimmicky shit alfheims every time if you want the highest rank wasn't too good either.

>trying to unlock jeane legitimately
>go through levels sweating so hard i have to change my shirt after i stop playing
>do my best and get all plat on everything except
>the missile level
>the motorcycle level
>the tower of crushed assholes, which i almost got pure plat on before dying at the bullshit running section at the end
>never play the game again
fuck alfheim and fuck these dumb ass shoot em up sections
perfect controls, but those shit levels hold the game back, especially when you're expected to play them perfectly

Attached: 1550030560671.png (839x778, 778K)

Not the dude who said it but if someone told me Bayo was more free I'd take it as referring to her freedom of movement. By contrast, DMC is pretty tankish when it comes to the movement of the characters. Bayo can run, dash, cover way more ground and get around with much more ease than any DMC character.

I didn't really mind them till the HD releases where the statue follows you and the requirements got retardedly hard to pull off.

Not that user but
>tfw you find the bike section fun
It's only five minutes for the entire stage f you gun it, including the shortcut
I cheated. Grinded to get Climax Brace on Temperantia, grinded the Alfheim on Chapter 3, and spent away

During my NSIC PP run I found the shooter section the easiest to get consistent PP on

What is the best track and why is it a tie between Blood & Darkness and Sapientia?
youtube.com/watch?v=Gn8-by_PM1o
youtube.com/watch?v=XlftARg5xlU

There is dead space between every encounter and the elements between the encounters themselves repeat, they feel very similar to each other and have little personality. You have never said to me that everything repeats twice, you're confusing me with someone else. Generally though the worst part is the uninspiring game feel, shooting just feels dull. If you like it, ok, and thanks for clarifying, but i personally can't see much in it.

What are your other favorite shmups?

it's strangly difficult to do perfect dodges in normal after NSIC because of how slow the attacks are
like the muscle memory from audio ques is just fucked

Battle for the Umbran Throne's up there for me. Probably demo nostalgia but I love it
youtube.com/watch?v=ZbcRTZTrBf8&list=PL4974828533C1619B&t=0s&index=29

>Generally though the worst part is the uninspiring game feel, shooting just feels dull

Very specific and substantial critique.

So what? You get basically every move you'd get in DMC and a shitton of strings for every weapon combination on top of it. Ninja Gaiden also worked the same way.

Nah, son. The best track for Bayonetta ain't even from the game.
youtube.com/watch?v=5HcmhgGp9QQ

Same here, like I get breaking up the action a little bit but try making it fun first maybe. W101 in particular has entirely too many not fun parts. I thought the star fox section in bayo2 was okay but still not worth ever doing again. I'd rather replay NG or DMC anyday over a Kamiya game.

Bayo has 2

Dial-a-combo specifically refers to when there's no timing element though. Bayonetta works a lot like DOA where you have tons of strings but the timing matters because you can cancel them at any point and you have strings that can go into strings.

I know you would say that but it's just true. Everything takes a forever to die, there's no crunchiness to hits or deaths and the general lazy pace doesn't really help. It just feels slow and conflicted to the whole other game, it's the opposite of crazy anime action.

You still avoid my question btw

I agree that the space harrier section sucks, but it takes 15 minutes to wrap it up and forget it.

>The only people who don't like Bayo are people too idiotic to play it well
Hmmmm

Who are you quoting?

trying for pure plats in bayo 2
should i just be going for as many wicked weaves as possible? what's the best way to get your combo score up?

Fuck off back to /jp/

>Fortitudo gives up on things easily
>Temperantia is snarky and can have anger issues
>Iusticia is chaotic and just pursues his goals like a common monster
>Sapientia is a war machine
The auditio always seemed like an inverse of the four heavenly virtues they're supposed to be to me

Unless you want to get plat ranks...

Yeah and I'd still just rather go boot up fucking StarFox 64 if I wanted to play that genre. I don't, I want to play an action game, so let me and stop wasting my fucking time with literal other genres or shit too gimmicky even for Nintendo.

But Bayo has just as many pause combos as none. Some even have multiple pauses.

I wouldn't say that's necessarily true. The string still works the same way. You press a string of inputs, and you get a combo. Your options coming off of that dial are a different matter but it's still a preset list of moves. E.g Jin in Tekken has d/b 223. It's a good but side-steppable string. A lot of scrubs will stand and block it. It also has variable speed between 22 and 3. You can either do the kick immediately or delay it to catch a bad counter attempt and get a crumple. The combo's still a dial, just with a variable factor. Non dial a combo would be shit like SF2, where there were a limited number of moves that cancelled into each other, but target combos weren't there yet

pretty sure it's intended

just wanna add, i know about and am comfortable with dodge offset.

Keep dodge offsetting until you have enough magic for UC, then unleach UC and wrap up the fight.

I think UC is mandatory for good ranks in bayo 2 since it helps you complete the fights fast.

Also
>strings that go into strings
Exposing myself here, but where in Bayo does this happen? You can't go from one combo into another unless you actively break your current one, or weapon switch, which does that thing I just said. There's a weird offset that lets you carry combos through weapon-switching but it's unclear how much of that was intended.

I wouldn't call that dial-a-combo either. That's just a move. Strings are moves. If you can vary the timing in between presses, there's a timing or variation element which makes it proper. For example a rekka is not a dial-a-combo, it's a rekka.
From my recollection, dial-a-combo specifically came about because of Mortal Kombat 3, which had an extremely rudimentary combo system where you mashed a sequence out with no timing and did a canned combo that could never have any kind of variation.

i'll give that a shot
thanks

I remember cheesing out a lot of pure platinums in IC with the time bracelet with kafka/chain chomp.

I just beat Bayo 1 on PC after buying it on sale and am now emulating 2 which emulates great on Cemu if you have a predecessor fast enough.

Anything of note regarding gameplay that I should watch out for?

optional button mash as a finisher for bosses=good

mandatory qte for le giant hulk boss=meh

oh shit i hadnt considered this
does it run at 60fps on the switch?

I remember not liking the angel weapons in 2 as much

Witch twist is fucking great.

Launch them? Or do literally anything because damn near everything can cancel in Bayonetta.

I honestly never really gave much of a shit about Bayo's combo system, the variety between moves isn't as fun as DMC.

That said it's way more fun to counter and play off enemies in Bayo, like that's the main focus to the combat for me, and nearly every enemy is really memorable because of it. DMC enemies are always just punching bags except when you have to stun them before they become punching bags. But you can style on enemies way better in DMC just with your moves so that balances out too.

I hope you know what dodge offset is, because it amplifies your options of playing off of enemies.

what do you mean by playing "off of enemies"?

where did you get bayo2 files? TPB only has some fitgirl repack with a fucking .exe for some dumbass reason.

Wait a minute.......that spacing......

I don't think it's variety because Bayonetta has so many more moves, but for me, DMC does two key things way better. The first is that the Style meter is way, way better than combo score. A 9.9 multiplier doesn't even compare to Smokin' Sexy Style. The second is that Bayonetta's taunt isn't nearly as satisfying. The enraging effect makes arguably better use of the mechanic, but it's not as cool to pull off.

So is this worth a play? I have a copy that I haven't opened yet that got as gift

For me it's NG2 > bayo > dmc5.

Even on Hard a lot of enemies feel like punching bags in dmc5. I have way more fun with bayo's flow.

If you like action games, sure. Also, read the thread for beginner tips.

Yes, best in the genre with DMC 5 arguably being equal

>QTE's
>Bike sections
>Schmup sections
>failing either will impact mission rank
what the fuck is his problem

Attached: HidekiKamiya.jpg (600x803, 45K)

>2 which emulates great on Cemu if you have a predecessor fast enough.
Does it really...?
Questions:
What version?
Can you up the resolution?
Is it free?
Does it work with any controller?
If a train leaves San Francisco at 5 am and anher leaves from Albuquerque at 9 am where will they intersect?

Attached: Raising_Hand.png (304x275, 206K)

>How dare he expect me to be good

Last I checked there was audio stuttering.

There is the button mashing during torture attacks (which I am fine with) and the button mashing during the counterattacks against Jeane (which I fucking hated)

>I'm going to do an optional attack then complain about it
Retard

I found it impossible to mash out Jeanne's counters on PC. Good think you can still bat within out of her damage, but it's easier to just dodge out of the qte prompt.

I bought Bayo2 for switch, holy fuck this game is hard.

I die on every chapter several times.

>The shadow remains cast!

Should I play Bayo 2 on Switch or Cemu?

Nearly unhinged Kamiya.
Reminder that Kamiya is a fucking hack and is nothing without his team to keep his dumbass in line.
Further reminder that Kamiya almost ruined Devil May Cry before it even came out, but his team told him to cut it out.

>DMC fanboy seething for no reason
Yawn

cringe

Switch is 720p, Cemu can give you better resolution but you might encounter audio stuttering.

I found the counterattacks fine on Wii U but shit on PS3. I'm a natural button masher, so I've always been good at that shit. Not everyone has that kinda pace tho

But you don't cancel on the fly from regular strings. You select different combos that start the same way. Either go PKP or PPKP which launches. That's not a cancel, it's a different string. Either one, however, is ofc dodge-cancellable. Maybe I'm misunderstanding you

So... does that mean that the trains will be behind schedule..?

Attached: nun_of_this_makes_sense.jpg (576x1024, 56K)

where can you find bayo2 files?

So there are audio issues. Are there frame rate issues if you get it to 1080p or should I go for a more stable 720p at high frame rate?

what

Is docked upscaled 720p or true 1080p?
I know half the GPU is off while not docked...

That was a joke. Did you not read all of the questions?

It means the game runs fine but there's audio stuttering.
reading comprehension are hard.

Oh I totally didn't

Trains will intersect in my anus

720p

I'd go with 1080p.

I think that joke goes Uranus.

how often do you have to backtrack in the stage to get hidden fights and missions in 2

It's no fun unless it's my ass.

Pretty often. Use the panther form.

>finally decide to play it since it's been in my backlog for ages after all this DMC talk
>normally quite good at figuring out a enemies in these games, see how they attack and such
>half the damage I take in verses are from either immediate hits after a cutscene or a room wide attack that has the start up / tell of less than half a second
>chapter 5 just kept going, felt like it was never going to end
It's a game I know I'll have fun with the further I go along and on repeat, but as a first playthrough it does feel like a bit of a drag.
Breakdance has been a fun pickup though for easy aoe.

Learn dodge offset.

Try holding down attack buttons, this will increase your damage output. Next try dodging while holding down the attack buttons. This is key to bayo: experiment with the Punch Kick Punch combo.

You don't have to be in the enemy's face to do the combo. Attacks enemies throw at you will depend on the distance. At close range they will use fast attacks, at long range they will throw slower and more dangerous attacks.

I have been trying.
PKP was helping when I did the first limited attacks challenge in chapter 3 and did try to follow that idea into the following chapters.
I feel like holding down lockon is being a detriment to me but I'm not sure how the describe it.

Oh yeah, I recommend rebinding lock on to L2. It's not mandatory, but I think it works nicely.

Just try holding down the attack buttons more. All weapons in bayo have charge properties, so you should be doing it anyway.

fuck off those sections are jank as fuck

Yes anything you're bad at is jank, bet you're also shit at fighting games

nope

>nu-team ninja have no clue how to make NG sequel
>copy all the worst elements of Bayo1 and think no one will notice

The most impressive numbers I've seen in a while.

Attached: 1531786971818.jpg (371x410, 36K)

I'm on a secret mission from Her Majesty to talk about Bayonetta

>give player infinite list of moves
>only 2 are optimal

Post footage of you playing Xrd right now

>MUH OPTIMALZ MUH DEEEEEEEEEPZ
Proof a lot of "fans" don't even know how to play

it's a long movie with QTEs up the wazoo and like 10 minutes of actual gameplay.
Don't listen to the very vocal bayo shills that always dwell on Yea Forums

>i bet you suck at a genre that doesn't abruptly change your controls and objective
what the fuck are you even saying

Damn the jrpgs have rotted your brain

Bayo 2 in Cemu has only slight slight audio stuttering rarely and no player shadows otherwise works fucking great if your hardware is fast enough to run everything full speed, if it is not the audio will desync in cut scenes. I'm running it on a 2600 overclocked and a gtx 970.

*Ryzen 2600