Behold Valve's latest masterpiece

Behold Valve's latest masterpiece

Attached: artifact.jpg (1920x1080, 264K)

Will they make it F2P?
Will it make a difference if they do?

i genuinely like artifact. it is more friendly for casual players and it is more friendly for hardcore players. only neets who have more time than money would dislike the business model. and the game itself is very good. i dont understand why it failed so hard

Attached: 1552856713325.png (684x577, 618K)

>pay for game
>pay for cards
>takes ages to learn (even more to master)
>takes ages for a single match
>RNG ridden

Attached: 1552740531492.jpg (720x510, 59K)

>only neets who have more time than money would dislike the business model.
You and I both know that isn't true.

>I dont understand why it failed so hard
Maybe because you're wrong or something

The game itself is great, tho.
The business model is pants-on-head retarded

>You and I both know that isn't true.
how is it wrong? youll get a good deck for 10 bucks which is far cheaper than in "f2p" card games and you can play arena mode for free. casuals and hardcore players are both catered for

I agree having 3 boards aka lanes(just like dota2 which is also an amazing game designed by valve) is an amazing innovation for a card game which is really fun. valve really showing why its top notch developer with this one

It is a masterpiece.

Attached: 6E56D0C4-1D6C-4E91-9CCA-6CEEBE3543F4.png (1028x838, 528K)

They'd weigh the monetary benefits of making it F2P (probably not much, especially for Valve) against the face they lose from admitting they made a poor choice of game distribution, sale and monetization, which accounts for 99.99999% of Valve's income, so I wouldn't be surprised if they let it flounder at 4 average players and a stupidly high price-tag to avoid the reputation loss.

Two things.
Digital CCG players are used to progressing towards packs while playing the game and it keeps them logging in, it's a very effective system that only works in digital rather than physical so it's very odd for it to not be there both for the players and for Valve.

Secondly, if people have to buy packs and have no other way to earn them, they're just going to play a paper TCG where they get physical product worth real money.

It's all just a horrible model that Valve only tried because they apparently think they can get away with anything. It deserved to fail and hopefully it serves as a wake up call for them.

in order to earn good cards from free packs in "f2p" card games you have to play fort weeks if not months, which is why i said only neets are okay with that. real competitive decks in artifact cost 10-20bucks whereas in "f2p" games theyd cost up to 100 bucks

I feel like a redemption is much less of a reputation loss than having one of your first party games be a complete fucking disaster with double digit players.

>in order to earn good cards from free packs in "f2p" card games you have to play fort weeks if not months
That's really not true.

Also the idea is you can do both, Artifact ONLY lets you buy packs and if I'm going to play a a card game I can't progress in like literally every other multiplayer game I'll just go play a real card game.

>That's really not true.
yes it is true. mind you that im talking about games like hearthstone and elder scrolls legends rather than gwen and mtg arena. of course gwen and mtg arena are going to win over both in that regard. but for the mainstream model followed by hearthstone, elder scrolls online and many others, the artifact model is simply superior to it for anyone who doesnt have 5+ hours per day to play

>yes it's true but only if I cherrypick the shitty ones
user...

gwen and mtg arena are the outliers. they are not the mainstream card games. gwen and mtg arena have very small player bases compared to the rest

gwent isn't big either.
So your argument is literally "Hearthstone is even worse (which it isn't because the game is huge and Artifact flopped) so Artifact is fine"

I don't know what to tell you, the monetization system is stupid and players hated it so the game flopped. You're free to have your opinion, but you are wrong

my argument is that artifact is better than hearthstone, shadowverse or elder scrolls legends. better than any of the actual competition

Making Artifact F2P is going to earn them no sympathy or respect from anyone. Ignoring what a fucking retarded premise a DOTA 2 card game was to begin with it'd just mean they think it'd be easier to take money from people that can't afford their shitty game if they trick them into downloading it for free first. I don't use the word toxic often but that's the only way to describe their monetization models for games.

>Will it make a difference if they do?
no

It's not. Earning content for free, even if it's slow, is better than only accessing new stuff by paying and having to pay to play the fucking game outside of low level test matches on top of that.

You are wrong. Full stop.

so you are a neet. you are arguing that a 6 month grind is better than a 10 buck purchase. sorry, its not, and only a neet would think otherwise

>259 playing 45 min ago
>374, 24-hour peak
This numbers are quite literally unreal, this is below the daily players of both Half Life and Half Life 2.

Attached: 13352160448.jpg (412x400, 115K)

The problem is Valve is a small indie and has no way to market the game.

Concession accepted!

no, it's because nobody asked for this shit from valve when they could've done something actually good

Attached: 1528521628349.jpg (225x225, 8K)

concession accepted indeed. sorry but the neet perspective is ultimately in the minority

it was actually a fun game though