Heh, people are still arguing about 4K

Heh, people are still arguing about 4K
*sips*
Yep, 8K is where it's at.

Attached: 572078-what-is-8k.jpg (740x415, 107K)

Is it time to get a 4k monitor yet?

how get big

Damn that IS big, though this got me thonking: how many K is a cine/theatre screen? Since these are so big they probably are at the very least in the 20Ks or something

have fun waiting for GPU technology to catch up
>16x the pixels of regular HD
>when most consoles struggle to hit 30fps/1080p

Human eye can't see past 360p anyway

is it possible to strangle someone over the internet? asking for a friend

t. glaucoma patient

8k is still out of reach

but anyone who says higher resolution is a meme is a fucking retard. higher resolution has always been the end game as far as upgrades go, only people who think differently are retards who grew up with the actual 'full hd' meme thinking that 1080p was just how shit was supposed to be

Are there 8k monitors with at least 144hz yet? Anything below that is literally unplayable for me.

1080p 240hz 1 ms is the way to go. If you actually game on a 4k TV or higher you're casual as fuck.

Personally I would take 1440p @ 144hz or 4k @ 144hz over 1080p 240hz

>he games on a 1080p monitor

Attached: B3pNgG5CIAAgFV9.jpg (600x369, 29K)

>not gaming on a 480p monitor in20fps

Attached: Diablo_Coverart.png (256x255, 93K)

1440p 144hz is fine. But 4k 144hz... no way. You'd need a really beastly comp to run that shit, not to mention the the input delay, most of those hz would go to waste.

Can't wait to play multiplat console games in 8k@24fps (upscaled from 1080p)!

>diablo 2 high res mods get you banned on bnet
why the fuck cant I just enjoy the game

windowed mode is fucking aids

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 16K)

i watch 480p youtube videos on my phone. it's fine. you don't need anything better.

Don't you need a big ass TV and be sitting close to it to see the difference between 8K and 4K?

You mean 960p

>he

yeah. you pretty much need a microscope to see the difference lol.

you wouldn't notice it as much on a bigger tv because you'd need higher pixel density to get the same sharpness or clarity, kinda like how 1080p starts to look blurry when it's stretched to 27 inches

Finally someone says it. This 4k/8k is a meme to get you to upgrade your perfectly good televisions.

Attached: 1521350424406.png (532x398, 367K)

What are you talking about, the Olympics in Tokyo are shooting to be broadcast in 8k and Sony is already gearing up to make TVs for it.

Maybe play path of diablo or median, they have their own servers. Getting banned for using highres mods is bs tho.

I'm gonna hold out for the 16k tvs.

At a certain point it does become a meme, wherein it becomes impossible to tell a screen is higher clarity once the dpi is high enough. We're just not there yet, so anyone saying we've hit that point is retarded.

You plebs, I pay a premium to get all my digital games converted to film format and then play them through an older film IMAX projector. Shit is fucking 18K.

You have no way of understanding the level of detail I've seen.

Do you know if the one that increases view distance does? I just play it on windowed since I like the graphics but don't want to stretch it to fullscreen.