DMC lore nuts gtfih!

So I just beat the game and his powers are cool, but i'm having trouble understanding them completely. So if i'm correct, in DMC4, his arm was just in constant DT form. Nothing unique about it other then being stuck in super mode.

In DMC5, his arm gets removed he regrows it but then appears to have arm wings on his back, on both sides, not one, and whenever he uses the buster the wing on his right back goes away appears on his arm to augment the attack. So it was never actually his arm doing it in the first place? so if there's literally nothing special about that arm in particular how the fuck can he just disapear his arm at will. And if he can disapear his arm why doesn't he just disapear his whole body and become the god sparda?

Attached: nero-devil-trigger-devil-may-cry-5-uhdpaper.com-4K-57.jpg (914x514, 106K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rQiwV6Vssc8
bilibili.com/video/av46641789/?share_source=copy_link&p=1&ts=1552929442&share_medium=iphone&bbid=1ec21f50ff5a022e408f0b7f8d6f9367
youtube.com/watch?v=H9JRAbWMmKc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

post DT booties pls

dude it's dmc

DMC has and will always have the lore consistancy of an anime. It doesnt have to justify itself, its story, or its characters to you so long as it's cool.

And it is, so stuff in

imagine if his dick was stuck in DT form haha bet it would have decent superarmor

It's not like only Nero's arm is demonic. His whole body is demonic, it's just that his arma is permamently stuck in DT for some reason. Vergil needed Nero's arm because he had Yamato in it.
>so if there's literally nothing special about that arm in particular how the fuck can he just disapear his arm at will.
what are you talking about
his wings turn are actually his arms

>Vergil needed Nero's arm because he had Yamato in it.
He hid Yamato in Nero's arm?

Nero absorbed Yamato into his arm.

this happened IN DMC4 MULTIPLE TIMES, the sword would go into his arm and only come out when he DT'd in DMC4.

well, Kyrie will get to know, you know she's a freak in the bed acting all saintly in the streets.

I wonder what kind of insane dirty talk she lays on him.

That is what i'm saying. His right arm was just stuck in DT mode, so there was nothing different or unique to the rest of his body about it other than it being the only part in DT mode. The arms are on his back, and he controls them independently of his physical arms like when he bitch slapped Dante without budging. Knowing this, that the spectral arms aren't even particularly connected to his arms, why just disapear his right arm? why not both? why not his legs? why not everything?

since when can he disappear his body parts at will

DMC is anime, I ain't gotta explain shit.

He liteally disapears his arm back to spectral form at the end of the game to use the devil breakers still.

>thought Nero's arm was like that because he ran into Vergil pre-4, giving him the shoulder injury that had his arm in a cast, uploading his power into his arm in the process
>thought he had a flashback to that moment after the Agnus/window fight
>would explain why shards of Nelo Angelo armour and Yamato were also there

>nope
>he's his son
>he just has a weird type of Devil Trigger/demon power that somehow has some of Vergil's persona in it

....so how did the armour and sword get there???

Attached: 14.jpg (1366x683, 114K)

because he can, he has a different set of powers from Dante that involves spectral shit.

its his version of the Spectral swords dante and vergil have.

Honest question, does Vergil love/accept Nero as his son?

no? she turned them into gloves

no she didn't, he can literally make his arm disappear and does so IN A CUTSCENE

I think he's known him for too short a time and is too autistic to have any straight up love for me. But it does seem like he got a good first impression. I think if Vergil invites someone to a rematch that's gotta mean something.

because the Order's job was finding those
they needed armor to make Angelos and Yamato to open demon gates

Link me the cutscene on YouTube because you're full of shit. The description in the character screen even has Nico commenting on how the arm and breaker's are compatible.

Bro.....literally his arm went back spectral. To put the shit on. Do you see the blue shit? observe the blue shit.
youtube.com/watch?v=rQiwV6Vssc8

Attached: blueshit.png (846x434, 430K)

>for me

Nero pls go

that's literally an edit
play the game

Attached: 1552838456492.jpg (2560x1080, 484K)

Attached: 1529495075219.png (343x304, 138K)

Yeah, but like, did they actually go into hell to find it? I got the impression they would just pull in demons from hell and break them like wild animals. Because Yamato HAD to have been in hell, probably where Vergil got owned by Mundus.

What

I don't think it means it disappears, Nico probably made it so that the breaker arms do something to his bringer arm so he can still use the breakers. If he could disappear his arm at will, she wouldn't have had to modify the design. The blue arm bit is a nice catch, but you're ignoring dialogue implications

huh I must've been sleepy during the cutscene
well whatever even if he could disappear his whole body what would be the point of doing so
his ghost arms are unrelated to his hand so it's not like he'd get a ghost body

>Being actually retarded

Seek treatment user.

Does Vergil hate Dante? I can tell Dante loves Vergil but it seems vergil doesn’t care much about in the dmc5 game I played.

Also did their dad act silly but serious like Dante or an insane perfectionist like vergil?

You need to go back

I think it just changes forms, it kinda possess the breaker, like a ghost.

Need High Res of this . Anyone got it ? Please

Attached: vergil_devil_may_cry_5_by_nomada_warrior_dd1tvpg-pre.jpg (911x877, 60K)

>Also did their dad act silly but serious like Dante or an insane perfectionist like vergil?
Sparda was a rebellious bugs bunny like Dante and a cunning strategist like Vergil

All we know about Sparda for sure is that Nivan says he had a way with the ladies.

>what would be the point of doing so

Gee I wonder

If I had to guess it would be a mixture of both.

.......He literally shifts his arm before even putting on the breaker, how does it have anything to do with the breaker lol

We also know that he awoke to justice.

It's motivation I ain't gotta explain shit

Vergil has seen too much shit, fighting Dante in hell has begun to change him to a more happy demeanor, might remind him the childhood he lost.

*BRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAP*

That's what op is saying though, with DMC5 the game basically shows you there was nothing special about his right arm. His arm tentacles are attached to his back not the arm. So this arm phasing ish is totally something separate.

When Dante and Vergil’s mom leaves Dante in the closet to search for vergil, what happens to Dante? Did he sneak away?

QUICK!
Come up with new potential mechanics with Nero's new phase/intangibility ability.

There is no mountain
too tall to overcome
We will be as one
You will rise again
This is your legacy
>I'M NOT LETTING YOU DIE
>SPROUTS FUKIN WINGS
I dont know why but that shit somehow hits me in the feels.

Attached: 1527492231218.jpg (572x720, 31K)

He can absorb an enemies power and morph his hand. So when you grab one to do a throw you can store up a transformation

That'd be actually fucking rad, yo

Attached: Aj6vZfz.gif (320x180, 683K)

Doesn't he already morph his hand though? One of his DT moves is forming what looks like a yamato shaped sword

How does co-op work on mission 13? I get the starring thing midmission and never see anyone.

>Also did their dad act silly but serious like Dante or an insane perfectionist like vergil?
Hideki Kamiya (not that it matters any more) did a mostly trolling poll on twitter asking fans what game spin off they'd want. 101 starring Blue, Bayo starring Jeanne, or DMC starring Sparda. When asked about Sparda afterwords he said Sparda acts kind of aloof and naive. As he is falling in love with Eve and doesn't understand it, or the human word, and is learning to love her and it and fight for them.

Is that a Nero skin for Nero?

Attached: 1544068131654.jpg (570x437, 55K)

In DMC4 the group Nero was in that worshiped Sparda implanted Yamato into Nero.
The group tried to harness demon powers and at the start of the game Nero thought he was just a human since the groups objective was to give demon powers to humans from what I remember in the beginning before the groups hidden agendas are revealed.
When Dante arrives he finds out his demon arm was actually Yamato and during the game it continually hints Nero is related to Dante with it ending Dante acknowledging it himself but doesn't quite know how they are related.

It is
A full video is here:
bilibili.com/video/av46641789/?share_source=copy_link&p=1&ts=1552929442&share_medium=iphone&bbid=1ec21f50ff5a022e408f0b7f8d6f9367

are those fucking gaiters lmao

Nero doesn't absorb Yamato until going into Credo's lab tho

But yamato is briken in agnus lab and nero picks it up, unleashing his devil trigger and fusing it with his arm. He didnt have it implanted before

Go full spectral can be used as a mechanic to avoid all damage and counter attacks similar to dante's own counter. But uses a bar of DT charge or something so it can't be spammed.

Phasing through enemies and doing damage as a Royalguard/trickster hybrid. I also want him to use the feathers on his wings as projectiles, like an evolution of the charge shot summoned swords.

Attached: m20.jpg (864x566, 93K)

youtube.com/watch?v=H9JRAbWMmKc

Attached: 1530074743554.jpg (1224x1080, 168K)

>Credo's lab
That was Agnus's lab you filthy casual

Attached: 1552916921514.jpg (463x960, 26K)

How much harder is Vergil in DMD or HOH? I'm having a very easy time with him on SOS just using royal guard

Attached: 1552774936626.png (239x235, 92K)

I instantly realized I was wrong after hitting post, but I've been up for too long.

B gentl

It's Devil magic you don't gotta explain shit

Attached: tfw you meet the infamous dante.png (1894x589, 1.17M)

Based UMU

Attached: 3fsxjos8jkm21.jpg (2076x2041, 2.1M)

KYRIE GET BACK INSIDE NOW

Does anybody know what these things DMC4 Nero wore are called? And why they are so sexy?

Ayy senpai. Can I get a copy of
>his determination and humanity restored.jpg

Attached: me.jpg (600x599, 67K)

Forgot my image like a dumb idiot

Attached: these.png (828x1555, 1.09M)

Clothes

Who wrote the story for 3 and why can’t that guy write every game?

The guy who wrote 3 also wrote 4 and 5. His name is Bingo Morihashi. He also wrote Bayonetta 2 and did some work on Dragon's Dogma.

DMC3's story is really not that good

But the script and the way it's presented, the cutscenes are what make it good

See sumfin u like?

Attached: nerobaee.gif (570x321, 3.92M)

wooo ha, come on, ooooh I love a fast woman! hooo ha. WOOOO!

HA

WOO-HO-HO-HO HOOOOO!!

Attached: 1.png (195x182, 82K)

The thing that makes DMC3 good is how, if you pay attention, almost every single thing in the game relates to Dante and Vergil in some way. Even the music during their fights represents them clashing (the choir and classical stuff vs the shredding industrial metal guitars)

This is something that was lost on DMC5 and as good as the game itself is, DMC5 lacks any consistent sense of narrative, pacing or themes besides maybe some loose parallels between Nero and Vergil

>But the script and the way it's presented, the cutscenes are what make it good

So it's good? What are you even judging the quality of a story off of if you don't think the script, pacing, and cinematography are enough to qualify something as good?

Are you one of those people who thinks plot is the end all, be all for stories?

Fangirled a bit on one of the missions (can't remember which) but Nero says an exact quote from Vergil from DMC1.

>Even the music during their fights represents them clashing
You're talking about leitmotifs, and you're right it's great. The main theme in particular is used in the opening/ending, the Vergil fights and frequently in cut-scenes to emphasize the family themes (like whenever Vergil looks at the amulet or Lady talks about her duty to kill Arkham) and it was something I missed in DMC5.

Attached: photo6000062166142658726.jpg (1050x1500, 215K)

>You're talking about leitmotifs, and you're right it's great
I was actually just talking about why I think tracks like Vergil 2 are structured the way they are, leitmotifs didn't even occur to me but now that you mention it DMC3 has that going for it too. Every time I think back on the overarching narrative of the game it gets better

Entire game hit me in the feels from mission 12 to end. Every vergil scene is feels. Every scene referencing old games (entire second half) is feels. Game is fantastic. Needed a few more missions to flesh a bit more out but fuck I'm happy with it

>That miniboss fight at the end of mission 7 on DMD
Jesus Christ what a fucking bore

As somebody who thinks 5 has the best music in the series, I absolutely agree that soundtrack aside, 3 is scored much better than any other DMC (and most games in general). The cutscenes have really fantastic use of leitmotif that occasionally come up in gameplay. Not music I'd listen to on its own, but really good at evoking the feelings you want out of a scene.

>As somebody who thinks 5 has the best music in the series
I wish I could share that opinion but imo the Dante vs Vergil theme shat the bed this time and the game feels incomplete without a proper reprise.

>so if there's literally nothing special about that arm in particular how the fuck can he just disapear his arm at will. And if he can disapear his arm why doesn't he just disapear his whole body and become the god sparda?
He probably can ghost if he really wanted too, but that's for next game.

>Climb giant tower, fight Vergil
>Fall and head down to the lowest part of tower, turning point, fight Vergil again
>Climb up tower again but this time it's slightly different, fight Vergil one last time

It's so simple but so good

DMD is just a bunch of damage sponges

I just think that 5 has the most tracks I would listen to on their own. Each game previously had 2-4 at best. DMC3's best songs for that are just Vergil's fights and the credits. Almost every boss theme in 5 is a banger, although that does make Mission 19's relatively standard (but good in a vacuum) theme seem really out of place.

That said I think the best track in the game might be the Psycho Siren remix.

>Finally a DMC thread that's actually interesting
>Dead
I hate you Yea Forums

DMC6 wont be released before 2026 earliest, screencap this

Yo, anyone have any tips on how to git gud with Dante? I feel like a damn 3 three year old trying to work a swiss army knife

What I didn't get was, after regrowing his arm, how does nero use devil bringers? Are they like arm gloves now? Nico mentioned something about modified designs, but in the last scene, nero's arm glows blue rightbefore the devil bringer is equipped. Does the arm disappear before the robot arm?

If you're good at Royal Guard, then the difficulty setting doesn't matter much.

the devil bringer was always in devil trigger so it could manifest the arm that actually does the grab

nero lost devil bringer and what little ability he had to use demonic power since he never actually learned to DT and only got access to it through the "automatic" way the devil bringer manifested it

once he gets his actual DT at will he gets the spectral arms back

its never explained how exactly does the regenerated arm work but you might as well assume that the arm is some form of devil magic and a manifestation/projection of some kind and its not actually a completely real physical arm

Attached: 1544607721912.jpg (1699x2364, 1.92M)

Trickswordtrickswordtrickswordtricksword

So how did Nero get the arm to begin with anyway?

Attached: 1478971261660.jpg (618x720, 70K)

I think an Assault kicked his ass and that woke up his demon blood

So the intended way to play the game is as super characters on hell and hell, right? Because it's the most fun this way.

Demon attacked him and it awoke his demon powers

Demon powers have regeneration just like when you activate DT

In DMC4 "Yamato scene" we learn Nero was actually born a regular human and didn't have any special powers despite having demon blood. When Kyrie is in danger he hears a voice from inside that hungers for more power (presumably the demon side of him) and he gives in to the voice because he doesn't care about anything other than saving Kyrie in the moment.

Now I figure because he's immature he just awakens the power in his arm and has no proper control over it so his hand is just stuck in DT. Later he absorbs Yamato into it because of the Sparda/Vergil blood connection, yet he still can't use a full DT but can awaken Yamato and use it in tandem with his arm.

In DMC5 he gets his arm cut off so he seemingly loses all his power because both Yamato and Devil Bringer are gone but the arm was never the source of his power, it was the demon blood; the arm was just a manifestation of it so at the end when he's mentally and physically matured (after the plot phone call, kek) he fully awakens his demonic power and regenerates his arm with it while he's at it. The right arm no longer is special. All of him is special.

he hurt his arm and then it healed as the devil bringer

sauce

I don’t think that’s accurate, unless you’re pulling something I don’t remember from the novel. It’s more likely Nero simply wasn’t aware of his powers and less than human limitations, until his powers were awakened pre-4 in the form of the Devil Bringer. I figure his powers woke up weird since demonic power seems to manifest based on the individual and Nero had no idea what he was, so they woke up wrong

Forget the DT stuff. Here's the real deepest lore. Did Nico write WTF because Nero ate her noodles or was she saying it because Nero was being such a meme spouter? Or both?

Attached: noodles.png (377x360, 218K)

does anyone just ignore guns entirely? They seem so week in comparison to the melee weapons and they dont look as cool or have the style potential.

Because of the noodles since it's probably Kyrie's cooking.

Blue Rose Charged shots is OP as fuck and is great for styling, Kalina Ann is also good and dont get me started on the shit you can do with the hat

Maybe not love currently, but definitely accept. The time V spend with Nero did soften him up to him a bit, hence the "thank you Nero" when Vergil leaves. There wasn't any cold sarcasm, it was genuine

>Nero spouts outdated memes
How can anyone even question that he's /ourguy/?

That's like mission 3, before you fight artemis

Enjoying the hell out of the game so far, Im considering upgrading to the deluxe version. Are the extra Breakers for Nero good?

Not really but the game wouldn't be the same without the Mega Buster for me

>Does the arm disappear before the robot arm?
Yes

Cringe and reddit pilled. I bet Nero unironically still shares rage comics on his twitter equivalent
I bet Kyrie laughs at them so he doesn't feel bad

are you retarded by some sort? stop watching youtube and play the fucking game

>want to clear SoS and DMD
>dont want to play V
Why does he exist?

Excuse me, do you actually expect someone in a thread about dmc5 to actually play dmc5? Tone down the gatekeeping will you?

This is actually explained in the fury's description: demons change according to their desires.

In Nero's case, his arm originally went DT when he got it hurt by protecting Kyrie from a demon. Nero reaching out to Kyrie or lashing out with his demon arm is an image that repeats during DMC4. The arm represented Nero's feelings as an outcast and him wanting to reach out to someone.

Come DMC5, and Nero's arm gets ripped off by Vergil at the start. He doesn't regrow his arm not because he physically can't, but because mentally he feels crippled from the attack and feels he needs more power in the form of breakers. He feels he has disappointed Dante by losing the sword and he thinks Dante sees him as a hindrance. On the other side V lets him come along and believes they can't do it without him. Nero wants to beat Urizen to prove himself. After he learns what was actually going on, and discovers he has a family, and after a phone call to Kyrie in which he tells her to do what he thinks is right, he finds the resolve to stop Dante and Vergil and so becomes "whole" again. His arm is still sort of weird, since Nero is still the same person, but it looks human now that Dante and Vergil have recognized him.

Attached: 1551596212012.png (1280x1476, 1.74M)

nice

Both his Bringer hands and wings are still there.
So it seems like he's just making a summoned sword in the shape of yamato.

Recommend combos for SSS bros

gold orbs exists , untill idecide to S all missions i can't be bothered with a character so barebones.
That said i wish he was in another game , cool concept but not for DMC

Did he ever refund her her bike

Attached: 1359115285310.jpg (640x480, 58K)

He could just give her the Cavaliere.

Okay so just have to ask. Since his arms in DT look like Bringers can we assume the have all the same powers?

Want to see him absorb Devil arms like how he took in Yamato in future entries.

Since the DT wings can kind of shape shift I hope in the future they can explore that as a weapon instead of just being an extention of his arms. Imagine turning those into different types of attacks like the Dante sword can play with summoned swords.

That could be cool. Would remind me of Wicked Weaves from Bayonetta a bit though.
Would it be something like, if he were wielding Ifrit for instance, the arms would turn into dragon heads during some attacks?

Is that a deus vult knight or am I seeing things.

>Some of the breakers are made with demonic parts.
>Nero absorbs them into his body and morphs his wings to reflect their looks and powers.
>Can switch at will like Dante's styles.

I can dig it.

Is there a way to make the Switch Pro controller work properly? For some reason the game refuses to do the Highroller with it. Works perfectly fine with Keyboard and Mouse.

>Absorbs Shadow's core
>He can turn them into buzzsaws

presumably, yes

The rubble's sillouhette can resemble it a bit.
I can see the leaning down head and an arm on a sword but it's just some broken buildings.

>sparda is toho devilman

>look up a guide to finish secret missions and find fragments
>do it all on human to get that out of the way
>mission 17 now
>all secret missions are finished
>2/4
>guide only has 1 fragment left listed
FUCK

he also broke Trish's bike and stole one from an unknown fella in 2

It’d be more fun if it was temporary. Make it like the breakers, where you have to expose yourself for a second to absorb a grabbed enemy, and if you get hit your ghost arms take a bit to reform. If you pull it off, you get a breaker like basic attack that replaces buster or you can unleash all the power at once in a super move. So it’s iterative on the breaker mechanic without completely removing it.

Literally just DMC "devil magic" because they wanted him to regrow his arm for DT but they didn't want to lose the Breaker mechanic after the first playthrough.
Thus, magic phasing arm. Personally it would have been cooler if he had regrown the permanently triggered arm, and that would have made it more believable that he can phase it out to use a breaker.
I don't fucking know, man, it's DMC.

>Go exploring the level in stupid ways
>Find a gold orb instead
It's probably the most disappointing feeling during orb hunts.

>Finally beat Vergil on SoS with no revives because Yea Forums says they are for pussies
>He kicked my ass for about 6 hours
I'm not gonna beat DMD am I?

Attached: WCCFdevilmaycry53.jpg (740x429, 106K)

I remember my first time against DMD Nero3. I must have spent 6-8 hours on the fucker.
Later i would repeat the fight just to style on him
Moral of the story: Keep trying, you can git gud

Nelo* 3

He probably gave her a Devil Arm and ran away.

The ghost arms belong to his own kind of doppelgänger like Vergil

With all this new demon lore I'm starting to think that when Vergil got his SDT he thought about Dante's and decided he wanted something similar but cooler.
>"Mine has after burners and I can fly like a jet!"

Imagine all the kinky sex Nero and Kyrie have with his extra arms.