Playing Smash at a "high" level is just fucking annoying, I hate this pro smash meme...

Playing Smash at a "high" level is just fucking annoying, I hate this pro smash meme, this game isn't even fucking fun to play anymore

Attached: yOhwAPR6Xq-8.png (300x250, 15K)

As someone accidentally in the 4 million gsp range I feel you. I don't think I'm that good at all but they put me against the most annoying fucks

>"This game isn't fun to play anymore"
>Why?
>"Because these OTHER people in their own self-contained group are playing it in a way I disagree with"

Attached: 1501813731168s.jpg (228x221, 7K)

Gsp doesnt equal skill stop playing quick play and play arenas, almost everyone with an inch of game knowledge is eligible to be 4 mil gsp and elite smash

It's not a serious fighting game

As soon as you realise that, you'll understand

Can confirm. Im a scrub at 4 million gsp with multiple characters. I can instantly tell when im against someone who truly knows how to play because i get my shit pushed in.

>"Because these OTHER people in their own self-contained group are playing it in a way I disagree with"
>self contained group
All of my friends take the game way too seriously, it ruined it in MY group too

ultimate is not that rewarding to play at a high level

the most you get is getting more accurate with your hitboxes, and being ready for airdodges out of juggles more, and tightening your ledgetrap game

people meme about melee being dead but no other smash game has proven it can stay interesting and fresh for more than a year

>people meme about melee being dead but no other smash game has proven it can stay interesting and fresh for more than a year
Melee hasn't been interesting in well over a decade if you don't have autism

>All of my friends
>MY group
Not how that works, faggot. You are the minority. Stop being an obnoxious faggot trying to get everyone else to conform to YOUR preferences or just find some other casuals to play with.

I just came here to bitch about my situation, I don't give a fuck if you like being gay, you can take smash seriously all you want, I still don't think its fun and I think smash is fucking gay when you take it seriously

Is "taking smash seriously" butthurt for "my friends beat me all the time"
I don't play smash "seriously" but I don't just immediately put the controller down and let my friends beat me. I at least try to win. Winning is fun.

Attached: 1552536481580.png (2000x2000, 1.28M)

I miss when losing was fun too

>Playing the game isn't fun! Just letting me whale on you like a punching bag and giving me pity victories is fun!!!!!

Attached: 1552829962341.gif (722x720, 1.67M)

Just go back to playing FFAs then. It's comfy and fun.

>Just letting me whale on you like a punching bag and giving me pity victories is fun!!!!!
You just described playing with people that take the game way too seriously if you just play the game casually, it literally stops being fun because you're just a punching bag.

Thats the problem, all of my friends caught the tourneyfag autism and FFAs aren't fun anymore either. I don't know why everyone suddenly decided smash bros was serious business with Ultimate, but I miss when you could just goof around

There’s literally no point in trying to “get gud” at any fighting game unless you want to go to comps and tournys.
I’m gonna be a mega-faggot and tell you to just play with your friends (if you have any) and leave it at that.

>Trying to beat your opponent in a versus game is "taking it seriously"
Yeah I forgot the corret way to play games for fun was to just pretend to be a bumbling retard and not try at all.

Attached: 15001563524.png (498x637, 239K)

God you are such a stinky fucking loser

I save that for actual fighting games like Street Fighter or Guilty Gear, not a game where Pikachu and Sonic the Hedgehog throw bananas at each other

If you get assmad because you can't win at smash bros, you can't play street fighter or guilty gear in any capacity. Quit LARPing like you actually play fighting games.

Smash bros isn't an actual fighting game, thats like saying "Lol you can't 100% Guitar Hero but you claim to play Guitar? Quit LARPing"

>Smash bros isn't an actual fighting game
Exactly, so if it's too hard for you then you can't play a real fighting game like street fighter or guilty gear. So you've just outed yourself as a liar and shitter at video games in general.

what is the point of this thread
your friends probably aren't even good
why the fuck do you care about losing if you don't try to play the game the same way

Just open up an arena, user. Unless you like seeing the same handful of characters over and over again.

Attached: another shitty tier list.png (980x620, 854K)

Link is rarely seen? I fucking wish mate, I fucking wish

I never see big boy Link anymore. He must be more popular at lower levels of play.

I'm at 3.9 GSP and I fight at least one Link every day.

Move inkling and jiggly up
Also move Marth down, gotta respect when there's a stronger, simpler character to use and you still use the more challenging version

>actual fighting games like Street Fighter or Guilty Gear

Attached: 1512700561312.png (604x717, 814K)

>Pikachu in common
In what universe? I always just see fucking pichus

>why the fuck do you care about losing if you don't try to play the game the same way
Because believe it or not, losing can be fun.
I still had fun when I lost before Ultimate, but for some reason this game just isn't satisfying to play. The items are overbearing and aren't fun to have on, stage hazards are still an obnoxious meme but turning them off makes a bunch of stages terrible too because Sakurai has an absolutely autistic definition of "stage hazard", so you're generally left with a small selection of boring stages with no items and everyone wiggling around spamming nairs and fairs

if Street Fighter is not an actual fighting game, what could possibly be an actual fighting game?

Attached: 1538952449332.jpg (505x537, 29K)

Well, Street Fighter literally invented the genre and all fighting games since are based on it, and Guilty Gear is objectively one of the only anime fighting games worth playing.
What do you consider to be a 'real' fighting game if Street Fighter isn't?

>Cloud
>uncommon
Every time I go online it's just an endless parade of Clouds.

And with this stupid post the thread became shit.
Hey fucker, OP meant skill level; he said nothing about the pro Smash scene.
Did it occur to you that some people find getting good at SF fun, while in Smash they think it's a fucking chore?

Attached: 1548551913408.gif (360x240, 1.83M)

There is no "high level play" online because 1. how GSP is calculated, gained, and lost actually discourages rematches and instead prioritizes one-offs with as many people as possible so ultimately, it doesn't mean shit and more importantly 2. online latency, while still playable, still fundamentally changes the way you have to play the game which forces you to learn tactics and habits that don't work in local play and generally get you punished more often than not. Even the top players denounce online as a valid judge of skill and many say it's not even that good for practice.

Basically, stop taking online seriously and you'll have more fun playing it. If you want to actually play at a high level, leave your house and go to local events and find people to play with in person because it's the only way you will actually be able to improve, plus it's a completely different game than online and is less focused on bullshit and more on skill.

Share GSPs. My roster GSP is 3.9 million right now and yet we're getting different match ups. Maybe certain regions play favorites more.

>Because believe it or not, losing can be fun.
I wouldn't say fun exactly but I don't disagree
personally I dislike ultimate because the controls feel awful and unresponsive

>common
>DDD, Fox, Jiggs
>common
wut? I never see these guys and over like 500 matches I have seen all of them combined like less than 10 times

>goober gear
>worth playing
lmfao

>smash before
>everyone laughing and goofing around
>wacky item interactions
>lots of hype and light hearted trash talk
>everyone has fun even if they lose
>easy to play all night

>smash now
>everyone serious and quiet
>no items, battlefield/final destination only
>lots of grumbling and complaining about things not working or being laggy
>everyone but the winner is mildly salty
>no one wants to play anymore after an hour or two

Attached: screen-shot-2018-03-29-at-54445-pm__oPt.png (580x391, 304K)

I don't love it, but its more tolerable than other anime fighters. The autism factor isn't as extreme as it usually is.
At least its not a tag fighter though, only absolute degenerates play tag fighters.

who are you playing with
because I have
>everyone laughing and goofing around
>no items, tournament stages
>lots of hype and light hearted trash talk
>some grumbling and complaining about things not working or being laggy
>everyone has fun even if they lose
>easy to play all night

Attached: 1543530175215.jpg (720x461, 91K)

>that down smash
Can Sonic actually fucking do that?

Attached: 1546879583883.png (900x648, 661K)

it's obvious that the smash team doesn't give a fuck about balance, so I can't understand why people are still trying to derive balance from it

Don't have my switch on me right now to check, but my main was around 3.6 or so. NA West

>half of my friends are naturally good at video games and chill while the other half are usually bad and get angered easily
>play smash last weekend
>3 of the whiners get pissed off and leave early after they keep losing to people, half of which don't even own the game or a switch
>others stay all night and have a good time

Attached: 7ede4ee53a248fb1e8c68d5734c5bcf9.jpg (1080x1000, 76K)

Reminder to block all Ness and Lucas players online

>Reminder to block
>block
I fucking wish

I miss playing Brawl back in high school with friends, we'd spend way too much time building crazy stages and would use most of the roster. Nowadays I only have one friend to play with and don't have the time to play more than a couple characters.
I wouldn't say they don't care. It's just impossible to balance a game with 70+ characters for singles/doubles/FFA on 100+ stages with a fanbase that gets salty over the pettiest shit.