What is Anthem even about?

What is Anthem even about?

Attached: poster.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.1920w.jpg (1280x720, 250K)

Something about a machine that changes the world every so often or some shit. Story's not important, it's just there to explain why things change between updates.

unknown creators called "shapers" made the world. they're long since gone but their relics remain. their relics can change gravity, cause massive storms, spawn new creatures, and do other stuff. humans on the world live in massive walled settlements to safeguard against the wildlife and creatures spawned by the shaper artifacts.

you play as a freelancer. freelancers have flying mech suits and do various work in the world. 2 years before the game, you and a freelancer squad tried to destroy a massive storm caused by a shaper relic but failed. the failure led to people no longer trusting the freelancers. also the dominion, an evil dictatorship of humans from another part of the planet, attack a settlement to obtain a shaper relic hidden there.

fast forward to the game and you end up fighting the dominion boss who has taken the relic

>fighting the dominion boss who has taken the relic
is he white?

Vague mystical bullshit that they never bother to explain plus, literally, ANCIENT EVIL
It fucking sucks

the entire plot of mass effect

>the evil dictatorship is called 'the dominion'
Whoever comes up with this shit should be punched in the face

You never see his skin color because he constantly wears a suit. For that matter, the MC does also, which makes every cutscene 10000% dramatic when all the characters are walking around in extremely oversized mech suits.

Maybe you should try playing a mass effect game

remember when there were 50 anthem threads a day

i got the game for free with my new graphics card i still feel ripped off. wasted 15 hours in it before hitting a bug i can't get past

You see the MCs face a few times.

I do a yearly trilogy playthrough

only some people do. the game is fucked and many people only get loading and cutscreens of them in the mech suit.

Hi there, I am a fucking idiot who paid money for this game and still plays it, it's shit but I cannot stop playing with it.

A bunch of technojargon that boils down to

>Story
10 years ago a really big unpredictable Storm that can create cataclysmic shit and is directly linked to a mystical macguffin destroyed a city on the edge of the most uninhabited, dangerous part of on an unfinished world that has giant machines stretching through the landscape. 2 years ago you go into the storm and almost die, lots of dudes die and because of that no one believes you're the polite goody two shoes flying super hero hunter man you once were. You do a bunch of shit errands until your psychic bridge bunny partner betrays you because he's jealous of your superior brown psychic bridge bunny with a cuter accent and feet.

He then beats you to a second mystical macguffin needed to unlock the mystery of and stop the first one while simultaneously thinking it will allow him to stand next to the main villain, who is also a psychic but also a super hero hunter man leading an army literally called The Dominion. In game lore confirms it's incredibly difficult for psychics to also be super hero hunter men because they're psychic abilities render them too sensitive to everything and they cannot focus their brain power on piloting the suit. Except for the villain because he's EA's attempt at a Thanos knock off.

Wannabe Thanos is crazy, who would have thought that the thing in the first 10 minutes of the game that makes the psychics go crazy and an hero would make him crazy? He transforms into a giant so you can aim at his weakspots easier and you shoot him with your gun and now everyone loves you. The legend of the greatest super hero hunter man is only just beginning...!!

>Lore
Pages upon pages of it, they spent more time on lore than the story.

You see the main characters face multiple times throughout the story.

this is the anthem throw all your hands up

How does that work? Does the loading screen override the cutscene?

>"The Dominion"

its both derivative and a rip off of Deep Space 9, which is 1 million times better than this shit.

>star trek is the first show to come up with the dominion

imagine being this retarded

pronouns

I think that's all they can do. General audiences are dumb and need to be beat over the head with "These are the bad guys and these are the good guys." And they have to do that while avoiding names similar to real-world dictatorships like "People's republic of X" to avoid getting banned in those countries.

Oh, I missed the part where the first psychic comes back with the 2nd mystical macguffin, blind, with burn marks on his face, gives you the piece of the 2nd mystical macguffin you needed, then fucks off with the most powerful power armor ever.

Even if you attempt to tell him to fuck off at every dialogue option the game still treats it like you've forgiven him because he gave you the exact thing you've been working tirelessly to obtain.

He never claimed star trek did anything first, just that it was the inspiration in this event.

Considering the average age of game devs that seems like a pretty fair assumption

Games, 2D and even netflix shows are capable of having complex organizations but they never opt for it because the average viewer is fucking absentminded until someone is about to die, have sex or something explodes.

Yeah, I've realised I sound like a turboautist but having normie friends who actively hang out with you is both a blessing and a curse sometimes.