How did they fuck up so badly?

How did they fuck up so badly?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/a5zQhWmlXT4
youtube.com/watch?v=-oPkQfLPAm8
youtube.com/watch?v=yUMcPFoBpR0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They used his Other M design.

They didn't. Solid mid tier, right where I wanted him.

Ridley's so cool, man.

his up b is one of the worst designed moves in history

Smahs Ridley is 100% the Super Metroid design, retard.

Go play Other M and Super Metroid again. Looks nothing like SM.

It does. Sakurai even noted they used SM and the original for Ridley.

Imagine being this stupid. Also Sakurai specifically mentioned basing him off his Super Metroid appearance.

Attached: boss_ridley.gif (512x446, 22K)

You type pretty good for a blind guy

My favorite 3 fighters are:
>Ridley
>K Rool
>Bowser
I'm sure this says something about me but whatever.

Attached: i1528835858563561.jpg (1920x1920, 482K)

It says you have good taste. Potentially a xenophile.

You're the dad from the "this is a scaley household" comic

You're absolute retards. Brawl used his Super Metroid appearance.

This is bait.

sounds like your nair game is shit.

His design is shit
He can't jump
He doesn't have diagonal recovery
He's too slow

ugly neck

Anyone have that image of Ridley flipping the viewer off with both claws mid Nair?

Everything you said is wrong to some degree. Up b while facing away is diagonal.

He would be pretty easy to fix up
>Increase his weight so hes actually a heavy like his size implies. It sucks being a mid weight with the hurtbox of Bowser
>Halve the startup of UpB. The 4 directions are fine but the fact it takes forever to come out means your vulnerable and it can only be used to attack on reads
>Skewer should deal lots of shield damage so it has more utility outside of 200 IQ reads, alternatively give Ridley a semi reliable combo to get it off
>Dair needs the biggest buff. Either make it strong enough to risk using it as is, give some kind of pogo so you can use it to spike without killing yourself, or make it less of a death sentence to miss the damn thing

Attached: Christmas with the Metroids.gif (500x376, 990K)

I don't know why, but his in-game appearance looks way better than his smash render. Except Meta ridley, both look good in that alt

Attached: rawr_ecks_dee.gif (498x498, 58K)

*gets hit by a projectile once while off-stage, ensuring his death*

*gets locked into a 0-death combo that nobody else in the game is susceptible to*

*gets his "amazing" nair and fair trumped by an anime character tapping A*

*gets fair'd once offstage, ensuring his death*

*fails to secure kills on 150% light characters without a highly-telegraphed easily-dodged move*

*uses down-B that quite literally nobody will get hit by*

*gets super armor on nothing*

*gets more easily KO'd than Samus despite being 3 times bigger*

*gets called unga-bunga because he has few tools, despite being a horrible chore to play*

*gets spotlight stolen by K. Rool, ensuring his death*

*has the grab range of an ant*

*gets dramatically killed by smash attacks that visually look miles away*

*gets denied a roster spot for 17 years and when he arrives is made the worst character available*

Ultimate Ridley is like 90% Super Metroid and 10% Other M, with the only major bit being the tail

Attached: Ridley_SSBU.png (600x600, 364K)

Except they didn’t.

He's fine. Needs some buffs but in terms of fighting he's okay and in terms of design/personality he's perfect.
Can't tell if this is b8 or more proof nobody in Yea Forums plays vidya.

Has he performed well in ANY tournament to date?

Goes to show that Sakurai should just do his own thing instead of appeasing to you greedy needy bastards.

Because after the first game (which was his second worst look behind Other M) Ridley was made to be a very big boi in mind.

I think Sakurai couldn't have made him look better without making him be half the stage's length.

His smash design is literally a Xenomorph with wings. What's not to like?

Several, actually

Video proof?
I don't believe you.

Because Sakurai never wanted Ridley in Smash and probably have no idea how to make a fighter with him, to a point he actually choose ZSS over him as a new Metroid Rep for Smash 4.
I'm convinced, Sakurai was forced to include Ridley in Ultimate because of how much spergging there was back in Smash 4, and we ended with one of the most bland, janky and boring character to play.

Attached: 6525665.jpg (1004x897, 148K)

>to a point he actually choose ZSS over him as a new Metroid Rep for Smash 4
ZSS was introduced in Brawl.

Everything I said said right. I'm grateful to have him, but he feels unfinished.

People ignore this but Sakurai has a genuine dislike of the character, at least as a playable concept.

He's well done, what are you smoking?!

Search up Trela Ridley on youtube

>*gets denied a roster spot for 17 years and when he arrives is made the worst character available*
But he's already better than his nemesis. Nice reddit post, by the way.

If he disliked him that much he wouldn't have appeared in literally every single Smash Bros. game to date.

His design is great. Legitimately my favorite he's ever had, certainly better than the way it looked in Other M

Attached: 1550595418657m.jpg (683x1024, 56K)

That doesn't change much.
Ridley was acknowledged in every Smash game ever as a boss, SH, trophy etc...and we had to wait Ultimate to get him, while ZSS was intoduced in Brawl and made a real standalone character in 4.
That would be like introducing Sheik before Ganondorf in Smash.

He looks like a mummified pterodactyl

Kek technically we were very close to having that happen, considering how late in the game Ganondorf was added

>That would be like introducing Sheik before Ganondorf in Smash.
Funny you say that, I believe that in either Brawl or Melee, Sakurai was going to pull some funny business where Ganondorf wasn't going to be in.

>He looks like a mummified pterodactyl
Almost all of his incarnations have him looked like that, Ultimate just goes even further with the boney/xenomorph look.
Or do you seriously want Other M Ridley?

Attached: Ridley.png (1609x415, 298K)

Yep, it's great. I've seen some people defend the Brawl design over it, but I can't see it. Brawl Ridley's always looked wonky to me; it attempts to follow a piece of Super Metroid concept art, but at the same time it gives him a cartoonish expression. Feels off
Ultimate Ridley's design meshes together a lot more nicely. I'd like to see it in an actual Metroid game

Attached: 1545068016336.jpg (800x900, 92K)

Most are more than happy with him. He could use a buff or two but his design and play style are great. Sakurai giving long time fan requests to people is why ultimate has so many people happy. Smash SHOULD be all about the fans.

Then where the fuck is Klonoa? I've been waiting and requesting him since Brawl. I even voted for him in the ballot.

Attached: Klonoa.png (409x409, 153K)

This. Ridley, K. Rool, and Simon are all characters who feel like they could've been added at any point in the series, not just in Ultimate. Pretty timeless inclusions, and most fans of these characters seem to be happy

Attached: 1546996696342.png (743x530, 732K)

have you autists even heard of a composite design?
Smash!ZSS is just Zero Mission Samus with the Other M features and muscle tone
Smash!K.Rool is a combo design to Rare and Paon K.Rool
Smash!Snake is Solid Snake with Big Boss stuff
Smash!Wolf in Brawl was a redesigned Assault Wolf and Ultimate's just a reimagined SF0 Wolf
Sakurai already confirmed Ultimate Zelda is a composite of the two Triforce of the Gods
fucking Mario is a composite, just Mario doing 2D/Sandbox Mario shit

Ultimate's Ridley is just Other M Ridley with Super Metroid callbacks and NES proportions
jfc

youtu.be/a5zQhWmlXT4

REMODELED SHITHOLE

Ignore all samusposters

The only thing I see there is him getting annihilated by NES for 3 rounds and then he's given 2 pity wins by the guy after because he's already won it.

>Bland janky boring
He's fun as fuck. He's not at all awful. Are you bad with him or just have bad taste?

....he's at a stock lead for a majority of the first match, winning pretty handily

Then gets his shit pushed in during a comeback and then 2 straight matches.

If you're letting any of Ridley's tail attacks get trumped by swordies then you're just flat out not spacing properly

ultimate ridley resembles sm ridley far more than other m ridley
the most prominent features of sm ridley are his bony texture and recessed eyes
the most distinctive features of mom ridley are his muscles and duck beak

Don't even care if he's bad
He's the best he's ever looked and his moveset feels fucking brutal. They handled him perfectly.

The Metroid love in Ultimate is amazing after 4 completely ignored the series.

We're talking about the same match right?

He doesn't have any features from Other M except for the spear on his tail.
NES and Super had way more influence.

Pretty sure he's talking about this
youtube.com/watch?v=-oPkQfLPAm8

>Give him a semi reliable combo to pull it off.
He already has one. Down throw into Down B at low percent hits a good percent of the time.

Luckily Sakurai does not take the opinions of cubfurs into account.

Yeah, because the bara furfaggot is far more benign.

>He's not at all awful.
I don't care if he's awful or not. In comparison to every other newcomer of Ultimate he's boring as fuck. K.Rool is also shit tier, but the guy is just WAY more fun to play as.

>Are you bad with him or just have bad taste?
What does taste have to do with that ? You know there is people here who like to play as Lucario ? That doesn't make him any less boring. Well that's the same with Ridley. Especially when you compare him with every single Ultimate Newcomer, that isn't an echo..

Yeah, that one.

What a difference a couple of months makes

youtube.com/watch?v=yUMcPFoBpR0
Fuck, is Ridley fun.

Attached: dark_samus_hmm.jpg (678x510, 64K)

>ultimate ridley resembles sm ridley far more than other m ridley
>He doesn't have any features from Other M except for the spear on his tail.

that's the point of a composite design you retards. whoever had to most influence does not matter

even Ultimate Zelda looks more like her ALBW design
or freaking K.Rool, he looks like they up the polygons on his Jungle Climb model to make it look Rare(TM). His crown's still too small.

Fucking dogs is bad, fucking dogs and children is worse.

You said he's "Other M Ridley with Super callbacks and NES callbacks" his design is rooted in Super or Smash original, save for the tip of his tail.

It's still a composite design but that statement was incorrect.

I'm just stoked he's in the game. I'm still not down from the high I got from seeing his announcement. Even just seeing OP's pic gets me giddy again. I'm so happy he finally made it.

Isabelle?

I don't see how you could find him boring. At all.

Except this is literally the best design Ridley had ever? If you talk gameplay wise he has decent air game, he should be just heavier to compensate for his size, it makes no sense he is lighter than samus.

listen, we do klonoa threads a little differently around here

Attached: wahoo.png (400x400, 132K)

right in the same bin Bomberman is
he's not that request or big as you think he be.
also the movie got canned, further killing the franchise

>right in the same bin Bomberman is
I don't see Klonoa being an Assist Trophy or even a damn spirit.
>he's not that request or big as you think he be.
I know for a fact he's not requested whatsoever, that doesn't stop me from wanting him dammit.

you dont have to be literally in the game to be determinable
its like Pirhana Plant being potientally 1-star Spirit but he did get in over Goombas

>boring
Get the fuck out. What character do you consider not boring?

He's fun though

Attached: Health Tips.jpg (500x666, 111K)

"Too big" poster detected

Attached: BigLaughs.png (700x700, 430K)

hitbox is too large and his kit isn't spectacular. fun though

I disagree on "ALL about the fans". People like Bowser Jr, Wii Fit, Duck Hunt Dog, Piranha Plant and what not are very fun and inspired characters that are great to see in action but that no fan would have ever asked for. I think it's good to have a balance between meeting fan expectations but also letting creativity run wild when making choices.

>that pic
Kek

Most people with braincells can DI out of it but it won't stop me from trying.

Attached: Big boy.jpg (1200x1600, 396K)

I just like playing big evil dudes but everybody's gotta make it weird

Fair enough, I agree. Smash 4 felt like it didn't pander to what fans wanted enough compared to what we got in my opinion. Ult more than makes up for it.

How do I master Ridley fsmash at the ledge like trela? Any time I attempt it it fails. Like I feel I'd just be better off going off stage and attacking.

That's why I love it so much.

Attached: Approving Pirate.jpg (894x894, 292K)

cringe

You need to master the range, it's deceptive as fuck and you have to be a lot closer than you'd think to land it.