Attached: depic.png (752x606, 341K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1VgVJpVx9bc
wired.com/2008/03/unreal-creator/
i.imgur.com/4sa1Ln6.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He can go fuck himself

No

Attached: 0de_6997161.jpg (540x467, 64K)

"Developers will decide who wins the Game Store Wars!"
*slips a couple of thousand dollar bills to devs*
nothing personnel kiddo

Yeah fuck the people that actually PAY for games.Timothy Sweeney and his inner circle will decide what is right!

Assuming the devs make good content sure, but that's a massive assumption.

No.

yes. the major devs will sell exclusively on their own stores (origin, uplay, battlenet, bethesda launcher, etc) and epic will have exclusives for all the AA and major indie games. steam will just be the CSGO/Dota 2 platform with tons of shovelware

only partially. they can pay off devs to use their store, but that doesn't mean consumers will buy it.

Why is it that this company just keeps getting more and more scummy as time goes on
What are they thinking, as if being chinese spies wasnt bad enough

well I torrented metro exodus, so I couldn't care less if I need to torrent again

He's right in the sense consumers are brainless apes so thinking they'll "decide" anything is laughable.

Unless the developers have a money tree... No.

>sell product against a competitor
>more people buy from the competitor
>t-that doesn’t count! You didn’t win!
What’s the logic here?

I prefer no store to "win the wars" to be completely honest.

Why doesnt steam do the same then? No they rather put a bunch of shitty flash games on their store

So there won't be a problem if I just pirate every Epic Store exclusive. Got it.

They're so used to failing that a sudden success really got to their head.

GOG will win in the end

he died?

>a corporation is shitting on its' customers again

BECAUSE THIS ALWAYS ENDS WELL

Attached: 1547566884196.jpg (640x478, 208K)

Attached: 1552910230780.jpg (965x710, 66K)

they just got the halo MCC collection on PC while epic store has a mediocre open world shooter and a bunch of indies

oh and. REmake 2, DMC5, etc, how are you enjoying these on epic store, faggot?

>GOG

*pirates your DRM free games in your path*

I agree user, having more games to choose from is bad.

Why is video game development apparently this fucking nanny state where the developers are entitled to the money of their consumers?

Attached: 1550902463537.png (540x244, 142K)

I dont use epic store and i rather play multiplats on console
Iam just saying steam is terrible shite and i will be happy when they go bankrupt

They know they are losing and they are going to double down in their buying exclusives strategy

sure thing chinky

I dont think he could be more wrong if he was trying.

DEVELOPERS
DEVELOPERS
DEVELOPERS
DEVELOPERS
DEVELOPERS

Attached: 1551128019992.jpg (500x500, 34K)

Because devs work hard to make games, so they should decide who gets to buy them. Duh, retard.

>console war between digital stores on pc
>mfw pirate
fucking circus

Attached: 1551638404959.jpg (500x386, 57K)

Which is exactly what happens with DRM enabled games as well.
In most steam games, you can just drop a certain dll on the folder and have the thing cracked.

Yes. Nobody will pay for shit on his store, but he'll spend the Fortnite money to pay devs to make games nobody plays and as such have his own little echo chamber where he can "win".

Why are so many companies willing to take a dump on consumers?

More importantly, why are there people that support them doing this?

Sometimes I wonder if Sweeney's actually stupid enough to say all these things or if it's a large scale slander campaign aimed at him. Surely he can't believe that this is a smart thing to say, can he?

Attached: 1530834512693.jpg (640x720, 95K)

So youre saying all those 5 million games in 1 cartridge games from china are the best thing ever? Damn i didnt know that quantity > quality was the true way thank you for telling me

Based chink slave making us all go back to the age of torrents.
Where my /pirate/ bros at?

Attached: 1549261973717.jpg (987x657, 124K)

Because it's wrong.

>When you kill your enemy, they win.

> Epic Games will win the battle for best digital storefront based on its relationship with developers, not with customers. According to Sweeney, consumers already have the best experience they are going to have using those kinds of platforms, so having a better selection of games will be more important for drawing in new customers.
> Sweeney's logic is that, since digital storefronts have been trying to appeal to consumers through the user experience for so long, there's very little left to improve in that area. Adding a few convenient features or making installation easier is no longer enough to displace customers from their current favorites, especially names as well-entrenched in the gaming industry as Valve and Steam.
It makes sense once they improve epic store to the level of lets say gog or origin. Looking at their roadmap, it will happen before the end of this year.

what is this faggot's beef exactly?
he's officially perpetuating this "store war" horseshit and acting like that's not a fucking joke
they get lucky with fortnite and then he thinks he gets to push his weight around

Are you implying DRM doesnt get cracked sometimes in mere hours

And you guys thought Cliff Bazinga was worse for what he said about PC gaming

Because they understand their consumer base is largely composed of shit eating mongoloids with no will of themselves.

Fucking cunt.

Is he trying to stir the pot as much as possible and make everyone hate him? How can anyone be this dense?

>casually downloading xcom 2 + dlc
huh? you say something over there?

>there's bad games
>that impacts my ability to enjoy the good ones!
Witness the epic shills grasping at straws

Steam would crush epic if they just had well functioning search and filter options

lmao, always wish I saw this live

western games are shit and devs clearly don't work hard enough if at all
sorry

If they want money they should use their coding skills at a bank.

This fuckers fogot about the old and good ·"the customer is always right"...and that is gonna fucked them.

>if you don't like our platform then don't use it!
May we remind them of events past

Attached: VKIm9X1.jpg (500x500, 36K)

I think pirates will.

Is this even an actual article, or is it just edited?

Its called editorializing.

any kind of marketing is good marketing. they'll just raise controversy after controversy and in turn get attention. worked for metro desu

He saw Apex Legends kick Fortnite's knee out for an extended period and realized he's not riding an unstoppable behemoth, just a fad that will fade sooner than later. He's in full panic mode trying to find a way to entrench epic into the industry in a way that will survive the death of Fortnite.

sauce?

>Developers
Why do people keep pushing this meme? It's publishers who are pulling the strings.

Anyway the whole thing is just a cost-benefit analysis between money saved through better exclusivity deals, and the loss in profit through less consumers buying into an inferior service platform. And if at any point Valve really feels like they're going to lose their monopoly, they can easily topple that house of straw by just matching their developer cut

Attached: 1509741257147.jpg (500x483, 45K)

If the Epic Store wins then I'm leaving PC gayming and going back to consoles :)

Are you a shill or a genuine idiot? Because there's no reason an internet storefront has to be limited in what they can stock. That's why you still buy from Amazon (or AliExpress) despite the mountains of crap they sell.

But then why do they get mad when people don't buy their games?

>If i choose to spend my money on steam and not on epic its not my choice
>only developers can spend my money
>mfw someone can be this fucking retarded

Attached: 5234.jpg (326x296, 27K)

lmao fucking retard
i'm not using epic
ever
fucking cunts

>any kind of marketing is good marketing
Tell that to Battlefrotn 2 and Battlefield V

yeah but they proved how hateful and misogynist gamers are, so they won in the end i guess

>HAI WE AM GUNNA WIN BECUZ WE GIVE shitty money hungry AA publishers MOAR MUNNIES

Except for the actual customer-focused elements that they're deliberately ignoring.

Chinamen square massacre tank battles winnie the pooh

Epic and steam are both shit stores pc gaming is shit in general but i still want valve to die because they fucking burned me i fucking loved css and gmod back when i was a teen called myself portalfreak because portal was my first steam game i fucking played each half life game for 50+ hours
I was fucking waiting for half life 3 and it never came but valve was happy selling chests and keys on their shitty market while their store was being infected with shitty flashgames and asset store flips i couldnt buy anything on steam anymore in good hope i would get a complete game
Valve has been fucking dead to me since 2013 and i wish for their fucking store and their company to die fuck them for ruining my teenhood memories fuck them all to hell i dont care if its gonna be epic that kills them i just want them dead
The enemy of the enemy is my friend

youtube.com/watch?v=1VgVJpVx9bc

He absolutely is but Yea Forums is filled with corpocuck known as pcbros, no one is going to care about Steam if developers aren't using steam. The people that are going to get in later isn't going to care about your attachment to a company that hasn't produced a good game in 20 years.

>I'm going to pirate because it's not supporting the platform I have an attachment to!
This is literally the most autistic and cucky thing I've ever seen people do, I always pirate my games mainly because I don't have money and that even if I did I wouldn't spend it on games.

well I hope you're right user, fuck these self righteous holier than thou faggots, I'll use any launcher except epic after the shit they keep pulling

He honestly couldn´t be more wrong.

>worked for metro desu
do you have any proof to back that up

>Adding convenient things is no longer enough
>so we decided to use absolutely nothing convenient

does epic store have a single upside for consumers?
their entire shtick is how good it is for devs but i genuinely do not give an actual fuck how much a cut the dev gets when im not getting it any cheaper

He had his asshole pozzed by some hobo wearing a Half-Life 2 shirt.

Attached: 1512188454969.jpg (700x933, 66K)

You’re just jealous that Epic is giving the devs a choice.

take your sugar packets you american swine
now that you mention it no, and it sold less than the far cry DLC thingie in the UK, which only sold 20% of the FC primal numbers. and yet all the shills said metro exodus did super well, using the same UK chart as proof

it kinda makes me think

social media whores decided that shilling on reddit made them devs just like the programmers, because they couldn't tolerate their jobs to be hated, while programmers are mostly loved and respected even in shit games. Now they spread the lie that anybody working for a game company is a dev.

If the epic store had all the same features of the steam store maybe. As it stands consumers get NOTHING from using it, devs get more money sure whats that do for me the person buying it? nothing.
Why would I pay full price on epic when I can get the same game for a discount somewhere else.

Essentially, what EPIC is trying to do, is fracture the PC market in the same fashion that the console market has been doing for decades. However, they honestly don't understand the PC market would rather wait or just pirate your title if it's Epic exclusive. PC hates the idea of exclusive (not if just on PC, btw), so with Ubisoft, Windows, EA, Steam, and now Epic, all they're doing is jading the PC audience even more to the point that they'll just go back to ignoring games again, which will ultimately be met with "See! They're just pirates!"

Compared to Steam, Origin, GoG, Uplay or any other storefront? The free games every month, that´s it.

Attached: concern.png (281x286, 192K)

Probably, consumers don't really have much of a lot to cast in this whole fiasco because ALL consumers lose no matter which game store wins

origin gave free games away too then took them away (at least mine lol)

kek

Iam from germany
22 yo
Weigh 55kg
Try again faggot

First iam from china now iam from ame

100% correct

Attached: whale.jpg (593x537, 125K)

>implying they won't once enoug devs spit in their face
4A was the first one to do it s openly. You can bet your left nut that they'll add some new rule in their ToS that once you promote your game on Steam you will have to release it at the same time as on other stores.

>hit it big one time with Fortnite
>now they think they can destroy Steam
They’re utterly delusional. Valve is going to bury them.

How will the continue to bribe developers if people don’t use their services? Will Fortnite make money forever? Will it make enough for them to bribe non indie developers?

shut the fuck up, faggot.

>Valve is going to bury them

after artifact, valve is pretty good at killing stuff

>55kg
how tall are you, skeleton?

It's true, you can hate the company and the man. But that is a true statement.
Consumers have always followed the games and always will follow the games.
It doesn't matter if it's physical stores, consoles or digital launcher. If you have the games people want they will come to you.
That doesn't mean a few exclusives will win Epic the fight though. And I don't think that is their plan.

Lol, seriously? I did install a few of these free games but haven´t used Origin in years

guy is sweating like a pig

Yep. Gaymen is the preeminent consumercuck medium and it wouldn't even require very many exclusive AAA titles to gain control of the bulk of the market.

DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS

>Could always generate keys to sell anywhere that don't give Steam any cut.

Oh yeah, they had no choices at all before. Idioy.

Epic is literally taking the morality question out of piracy. Even if you pirate everything on their store, Fortnite neetbuxs is still going to pay the developer

Enjoy it while it lasts

he is a genuine skid mark cum crusted basement dwelling autist fucktard code monkey.
he just lucked out after 30 years and struck gold with Zoomernite

Geh mal was essen, Schwuchtel-Skelett

Attached: 54645646.jpg (640x405, 34K)

you're a retard if you think hes wrong. what matters more than providing marginally more features than steam so that you valve drones can't say "hurr steam has more features" is having games. tim knows that no one will use the store if it doesn't have games, and that you are basically forced to use the store if it is the only place to get certain games. tim is trying to appeal to devs by taking smaller cuts, no reviews, less refunds, less free games, etc. to get them to move away from Steam and to Epic. And it could have worked, if he didn't gather so much bad press and then spy on steam data.

ESPECIALLY video games. Have they learned nothing from EA? There is a very recent example of what happens when you do exactly what they're doing. The only reason I think it won't hurt them that bad is because Epic has an army of literal children that blindly follow anything they do.

1,81m
Iam a trap irl

No, because the game store providing poor service (such as with the Epic store) just means piracy will increase as more and more people don't want to deal with their shitty client

>bribe developers and give consumers less choices in the long run
this nigger is actually retarded and even though I love Metro I hard passed on it and refunded because of this faggot and the fact they announced exclusivity weeks before release. Fuck them.

what if all these epic store shilling forces valve to release half life 3?

what if the fat fuck expected a situation like this and kept the game unreleased as a trump card kind of thing?
yea, I had an account strictly for scoring the free games, kinda forgot about it for like a year or so. then last year I log in for the christmas sale because NFS2015 was at 7$ and I wanted to try it, guess what? all the free games were gone.

now I don't know if this happened to anyone else but I googled and found at least another case of a game disappearing from origin

Western devs can only make temporary fads

Because it shows that there were even more stupid then the already retarded consumerbase to not get them to buy their game.

>Yea Forums: piracy doesn't hurt sales
>also Yea Forums: REEEEEEEEEE I'M NEVER BUYING VIDYA AGAIN, ONLY PIRACY FOR ME

wew

Sorry. but nobody cares about linux or inhouse streaming.
Try to read actual article, not this clickbaity title. Obviously it's biased to fit your confirmation hunger, yet its better than just title.

Nibba ich geh jede woche mces kann nichts dafür das ich so gute gene habe ;) seid nur neidisch weil ihr hungern müsst oder fett werdet während ich genieße

most people don't pirate games you degenerate

What cucks

Attached: Steamspy.png (986x1431, 217K)

>steam is terrible shite and I'll be happy when they go bankrupt and consumers are forced to use services even MORE terrible and shite
OBSESSED

>find games I want
>play them
>don't give a shit about the store beyond that
Why do people give a shit about any of this again?

When you forego competition with simple spending power, it's not real competition.

>any kind of marketing is good marketing

Attached: 1552682136144.gif (640x360, 3.93M)

Yes
pic related

Attached: 1527655722178.png (1091x519, 762K)

Epic is gonna dab you fucking steam shills to the ground
HEIL FORTNITE AND EPIC AND FUCK STEAMCELS INFERIOUR NEWGROUNDS STORE

Hitler killed him and his dog.

> haven´t used Origin in years
I wonder why. Maybe not enough exclusives?

Thay have gotten away with so much shit that now they outright insult the consumers because they know it won't hurt their sales.

Winning over consumers would probably be a better strategy. What a retarded statement.

What made him come back?

Attached: tim.jpg (549x631, 145K)

Epic games store is pretty good if you want free chinese spyware, no community, supporting last minute exclusivity deals and want a free game every month.

Also if you support aggressive anti-consumerist business practice.

Not even trolling these are literally the only reasons to use epic store. Can any ten cent shills tell me how to get a job shilling for epic store it seems pretty easy

The article is talking about developers when in fact Epic is dealing with publishers and giving them that free Fortnite money instead of actual sales money.

>implying they even care
I literally can’t imagine how much money Valve makes passively off Steam.

underage retard

>55kg
>gute Gene
>jede Woche Mecces
Als nächstes erzählst du mir, dass du Hardgainer bist. Los, geh schon essen, Knochenknecht.

Attached: GettyImages-519177308.jpg (1080x720, 240K)

He's a fucking retard.

Havent used steam in the last 3 years but knowing that a great company like epic is coming in to fucking rape their asses to the ground i can sleep in peace

FUCK STEAM AND FUCK STEAMCELS STEAM NEEDS TO DIE

>installing useless bloat to play one game
>the convenience of having it all in one place
>liking the features and QoL features of a store and its systems

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I wonder you brain dead idiot

Who here pirate master race?

>all this bickering between corporations when I'm gonna steal their shit no matter what

Whoever loses, I win.

Attached: 1528078046585.png (944x720, 487K)

Note that when game journalists shill the EGS, shit on Steam, attack Valve for petty things, this is why. They hate the idea that Valve puts customers first and that Valve tries to treat them like adults who can decide what they want to play for themselves.

Nah, his angle is that the developers, or rather publishers for the most part, decide where the things you'd want to spend your money goes exclusively and he'll be there greasing all the necessary palms to make sure that place is his store.

Not enough exclusives I give a shit about at least

>Myspace
How out of touch is Sweeney?

My germanoid eastern neighbor, please tell me who that is.

Ist aber halt echt so hab sogar die pommessocken von oktober wo die den abgebotsmonat hatten
Bist einfach nur ein fetter huso bestimmt

No gog, no origin, no uplay. nothing? So its a steam exclusive?

>Yea Forums: lmao me pirating doesn't even affect your sales
>also Yea Forums: reee im pirating your game what cha gonna do about it enjoy not getting my money
>Yea Forums: haha get fucked Epic Steam has thousands of games Master Chief Collection is coming to steam what chu gonna do about devs choosing steam over you
>also Yea Forums: reee tim is a retard it doesn't matter if devs choose Epic over Steam

Epic gives their exclusives a minimum sales guarentee. There is literally no moral downside to pirating epic store games.

>Hitler killed Hitler, making Hitler the greatest hero of WW2
SHIT

it's not

This was 11 years ago, around the time Epic was making Gears of War.
wired.com/2008/03/unreal-creator/

Pretty sure MS is going to sell it on their own store as well, it's not exclusive.

Epic isn't forcing you to play certain games you deluded valve drone

ok, gaben decides to give everyone a fuckton of features while you decide to give them just a handful

gaben gave more features so he decides steam wins

gg no re

What a fucking asshole
>devs don't want forums
Who gives a fuck, users want forums, because it takes forever and then some for devs to fix their shit.

>epic will have exclusives for all the AA and major indie games. steam will just be the CSGO/Dota 2 platform with tons of shovelware

Good luck trying to persuade the Japanese game developers to switch stores, especially since the chinks own 40% of it, probably more. [Spoiler]The East is winning. DMCV, Resident Evil, Sekiro, Monster Hunter, Kingdom Hearts, ect

just shows how anti-consumer Epic is

Su-metal of Babymetal
Scheiss egal ob du McDonald's frisst oder die Kacke deiner Schwester, wenn du keinen Kalorienüberschuss hast, kannst du auch nicht zunehmen. So schwer ist das ganze nicht.

Attached: su.png (643x647, 830K)

Windows store but who the fuck uses that?

Hhhn... Yes, my boys... Ooof...
Chaaarge! Uhgrh!.. Defend me!
Ooof... *gurgle*

Wow what a hero

Customer reviews.

So nothing? I can play the games I want to play. I care as much about the store it's on as the aesthetics of my computer. It has no impact on the game itself

Oki
Und nun? Ich esse jeden tag meistens was ich will bleibe bei frühstück und abend essen und während dem tag auch ma was
Kann halt nichts für wenn ich nicht zunehme :o

This IS true but only if he keeps his stupid fucking mouth shut about it. The more you say consumers don't matter, the more you rile them up. Leave them docile and they'll just do whatever. Challenge them directly and they Rebel. This is why corporate speak involves so much obfuscation and non-communication, because noncommittal platitudes allow a company to say whatever then do whatever they want

I'M GOING TO SAY THE T WORD

As a consumer, literally the only thing I interface with is the platform and its content. Technically speaking, this is the only thing that should be the evaluator by which I decide whether or not to participate in the service. The spending powers of corporations only indirectly benefit me if they manifest in some sort of product, be it a game or improvements to said platform. Exclusivity deals produce nothing. All they do is take away competition from the actual product and put it in the hands of the corporation by creating bidding wars for existing games. Exclusivity kills platform competition and ups corporate competition, which does nothing to benefit you as a consumer. Also, the simple matter with exclusivity is that less people end up playing the game, in all cases, which is a backwards thing to incentivize when considering the merits of competition within an industry this large. Kill yourself, consolenigger.

>Yea Forums: the only reason people use Epic is for fortnite
>also Yea Forums: REE DEVS PUTTING GAMES ON EPIC MAKES NO DIFFERENCE I HAVE THE FINAL SAY
face it Yea Forums. hes right on this one.

Quite a convenient perspective considering they are quite literally buying them out

>Yea Forums is one person
Just imagine being this dense.

Get good exclusives Timmy

Attached: 1539027401435.png (330x236, 140K)

Where is this cute girl from?
You cant consider ms store to be a valid option. Can you?

Yeah but he doesn't get to decide what's a dealbreaker for me.

"Was du willst" ist meistens halt nicht genug, kenne ich genug von Freunden die meinten "Ich ess jeden Tag McDonalds und nehm nicht zu" "Nicht mein Fehler" blabla. Schreib dir mal auf, was du so am Tag isst, berechne dann mal die Kalorien, die du damit aufnimmst und vergleiche es mit deinem täglichen Bedarf.
Guck dich notfalls mal auf /fit/ um.

Yes who cares if consumers won't buy your shit. It's the developers that matter.
Actually, you can see this backwards logic in plain sight when they made it a focus that developer compensation is better than on Steam. This only matters to developers, and for the customer it has absolutely no meaning, yet for a while this is all you could hear about why Epic Store is better. This just shows how nothing about the Epic Store is about the consumer. It's nice, I guess, that they aren't even pretending, but it only makes it easier for the consumer to tell you to fuck off.

don't move goalposts
is it an exclusive or not

I hope this is from when they first announced the first game it was pretty high when will it first announced it

Nibba ich hab andere probleme in meinem leben als sowas darum kann ich mich kümmern wenn ich 40 bin

I just checked, its a ms store exclusive. The game requires ms account and uses ms store infrastructure, but you still can have a new icon in your steam account, so who cares?

>consumers won't buy your shit.
consumers aren't buying Epic shit you retard. they are buying games. thats why its important that Epic has games in the first place.

he just means the majority of people are severely retarded and he can command this army of zombies to do whatever he wants like trained dogs

Wenn du denn 40 wirst mit deinen 55kg. Nicht dass du vorher von nem Dackel oder einer größeren Katze zerfleischt wirst.

Can you imagine arguing about which DRM dick hurts the least when it's lodged in your ass.
I can't imagine doing something that degrading.

Attached: 1532543427914.png (654x1036, 261K)

and the developers go to where the consumers are.

I can drop games faster than I can drop a good platform

nigga did you have a brain fart or ESL?

>55kg
mois...

it takes literal minutes to download another store retard. devs can make consumers move easily. its harder for devs to move.

People have to go to where the profucts are sold.

That said, steam’s got a pretty firm grip at the moment.

Fine, I'll stop buying games, since the industry is in the shitter. Dorf Fortress should run on my toaster till my death. FUCK DEVS
FUCK JOURNOS
FUCH JANNIES
FUCK TRANNIES
FUCK NIGGERS

>Not one exclusive has ever bragged about their PC sales.
>Regularly hear about others like DMC

Really cranking my cranium.

Publishers can't make me go to a website and download their spyware launcher. There's literally nothing they can do to get me to do it.

totally right. western trash is all about AAA. a few big companies matter. the others are nothing

>underage valve drone can't comprehend the truth
>uses nigga

Even for 11 years ago it was completely out of touch

Im glad I didnt fell for the PC gaming meme

>I'm a sony cuck and proud to be one
HEEHEHEHEH. Cuck.

No. He can go fuck himself for all I care.

>exclusives
That's how Steam got its start. Nobody wanted Valve's broken ass DRM client, but you had to if you wanted to play CS or HL2. Gabe and co could also get off their fat asses and make a new HL/Portal/TF/L4D if this is a real threat.
>not consumers
this... is not how Steam got its start. although it's a little refreshing to see antagonism towards consumers not being motivated by politics.

In 2 years, it will be another platform, like a larger Origin or Uplay, and after they live down their spyware reputation. PCs are not consoles, nobody is going to take the whole market.

They were LITERALY just caught copying files from their direct competitors directory, and you think ill install that shit?
Fucking lol.

Why are modern corporations so anti consumer these days?

That still depends on the consumer. It doesn't matter if it's good or bad if it doesn't sell.

Attached: 1533855917435.png (939x857, 1.06M)

A dick on your ass also deliver pleasure to you.
DRM does nothing but waste your time and money.

TL:DR:
Devs don't want consumer critique or backlash and they want to completely control the marketing of the game they are trying to sell in order to make it appealing to as much people as possible without putting effort into the game itself.

Wow, what a shocker.

oh god i hope this is cropped pron

>Game store wars

That's probably the most retarded thing I've ever read.

>enema of muh enema

Imagine being enough of retard to fall for this brainlet logic

Yeah, when the nukes blow up and there is no internet anymore.

>"FUCK THE CONSUMERS!"
>no one buys the games
>"UM WTF GUYS?? BUY THE GAMES WTF!!?"

Close, it's just K-Pop.

you're a lanky skeleton, not a trap

>developers
The biggest ruse in this whole shitfest, is probably how Epic have tried so hard to present themselves as developer friendly, when they're above all are actually just publisher friendly. Which is not the same as being developer friendly at all.

Do you understand that this is how editorializing works?

shills are scared

>tries to beat Valve in a exclusivity war
>gets BTFO by Halo
>tries to damage control with basic QoL features
>the spying debacle gets leaked
>b-b-but im in charge here
yfw you are not cuck sweeny

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 12K)

1. It's also being released on the Windows Store
2. Valve didn't pay Microsoft to put it on Steam, Microsoft chose to release it on Steam because they know that's where people wanted it.

13 years old

Epic and ID were in the same position of "old, declining PC developer" for like 10 years
Epic had Gears, while shitty, at least made some cash, until they found Fortnite and became big news again
They don't to go back to being a bunch of has-beens. This is about the ugliest way they could do it of course

is he the new Cliffy Bazinga?

Stop watching Fox.

DRM-Free Halo: Combat Evolved version when?

Of course not. Consumers should always be the ones deciding what company deserves their business. He is trying to bypass that with bribes.
Is he, dare I say it, behaving Chinese?

Yes.
No other large corporation ever once thought to try what steam did with greenlight and eventually letting anyone use the store front for a small fee.

And it ruined them forever.
You dont see walmart letting literally any garbage into their store.
Even the "as seen on tv" section is vetted before it hits shelves by the cheapest panel possible.
Steam literally stopped caring and they can only blame themselves.

>they start copying epic store because they realize how shit their situation is
Like pottery

this bait is too weak, too unrefined, too transparent to catch anything

JUST

Go away Jim.

>That's how Steam got its start.
But it got traction in non-Valve games by being a good service. No one cares if Epic only releases their games on their store. What people don't like is them trying to gain marketshare by bribing publishers for exclusivity instead of making a compelling service.

GOG is literally the only competitor that comes anywhere close to matching Steam.

Is he mentally disabled? Downs? FAS? Sure looks like it.

Attached: 1468769044962.jpg (700x466, 149K)

Yeah and that literally means nothing.
Steam will reign until the Apocalypse happens.
Then, we will have to play with the DRM-free games we managed to download and back up.

How does shovelware stop you from using steam? How often does it even get recommended to you?

Amazon made and is making a FUCK TON of money by allowing an insane selection of products, and then using machine learning/data science methods to curate that selection to the user.

Is Amazon ruined forever as well?

Yep, he sold his soul to Winnie the Pooh

Amazon actually has people working on their shit unlike gabens dorito fueled conga line that falls apart every other month

>Tim thinks swaying shit indies and Ubisoft will be enough to win the platform war
Halo MCC's steam anouncement generated more hype in 2 days than the Divsion 2 or Metro did in their entire timeframe since E3, and the worst thing is Valve didnt even pay for it, MS when it to them volunteraly and the game will release on both Steam and MS store so it isnt even exclusive
if RDR2 releases on Steam but not on Epic then its over for the EGS

Attached: 5f4hpewqx1l11.png (512x256, 102K)

Give me one reason you don't pirate all your PC games.

Nope

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

DUH FREE MARKET!!!!! DUH FREED MARKUT!!!!! DUH I VOTE WITH MUH MONIE!!!!

How does a store having only quality goods make it worse?
Steam use to be the place your game got to once you "made it"
It was a badge of honor.

What is it now?
Competing with shit like Kartridge

>Oh no, all this trash that is never recommended to me and easily ignored.

No one holds Amazon or Wallmart to this standard. Makes the whole thing seem disingenuous, almost like there's another reason people hate steams lack of store policing.
Couldn't possibly have anything to do with how it's only an issue when the cabal finds a morally objectionable game.
Sure is making me think

If game is EGS exclusive, then I'll pirate it. That's it, it's easy. Don't want me to pirate it? Put it into other stores.

>gabens dorito fueled conga line that falls apart every other month

Attached: cartman.jpg (320x240, 12K)

>except walmart does have a higher standards
Funny how that works huh

>give a chance for everyone to be a game dev
>system isn't perfect
>random fags crucify you for the rest of eternity

>it's all about the employees!
Sure, if the employees aren't meeting their potential then you need to focus on improving conditions for them. The fact is that developers are already meeting their potential. They've proven time and again that they are willing and able to give it their all in their current work conditions. Improving their pay and job security won't get any more quality out of developers because they're already doing everything they can. The quality of their product will not be improved by focusing on developers, so focusing on them at the customer's expense is madness. It's hubris for Sweeney to think we really are that stupid.

And no matter how many games are exclusive i wont migrate to a store that
>has no user reviews on games
>has no gifting
>has no offline play
>snoops through my personal files
>has no mods
>has no cloud saves

As much as this jew wants me to spend money on his store i simply wont and have no intention of changing until all points and more are addressed

>But it got traction in non-Valve games by being a good service.
Nah, it got traction by saving publishers from making physical copies. Back in the day everyone was pissed about not getting 90's style boxes/discs/manuals/extras that used to be standard.

Also, you can't overstated it, Steam was a piece of shit at launch.

>Steam literally blocks him from collecting data for free
>Gets mad

>gute gene
famalam, you have pretty awful genes for survival and gaining muscles

>give a chance for everyone to be a game dev
This has always been possible.
You dont think steam actually helped get indies noticed when they let the flood begin do you?

What a fucking faggot so full of himself.

>epic boss
what kind of headline is this? cringe.

>If I greentext that makes it true.

Compelling argument.

You just dodged my question. How does this shovelware that you have to go out of your way to find make it more difficult to use steam? Answer that. You don't see it unless you go out of your way to find it. It doesn't get recommended to people, it just gets buried under actual games.

And when everything is there in half a year?

>This has always been possible.
Yeah, maybe if you are american or japanese.

do we even have any solid number for game sales on the EGS
last i heard from Metro the console versions grossly outsold the PC version and Division 2 is currently underpreforming
do we have any prove at al that devs are better off there?

Attached: 9f0.jpg (662x644, 55K)

>games can and have launched on steam without the exe
>games can and have launched on steam with miners
I cant go into walmart and buy something thats not there user. I also cant buy something thats actively staeling from me from any large brick and mortar store.

I find it ironic that ""the consumers"" expect devs to take a financial bullet for them by not signing exclusivity deals when they come along, yet this whole argument is held together by "I don't give a fuck about Valve charging too much, not my problem" mentality. People expect more loyalty than they're willing to give.

Epic would be neutered in its larval stage if Valve decreased its cut 10%, maybe even 5%. Valve isn't being competitive in its pricing and that's why Epic has a leg to stand on. If you wanted to make an argument everyone, including devs, could get behind that's where you'd be focusing. Not on "I'm le consumer and IM THE BOSS" temper tantrums.

Attached: 1545524347961.jpg (251x189, 26K)

Best example for this is the XBox in Japan. Even when they paid developers to release games only on their platform (Tales of Vesperia for example) the console still utterly failed.

>181
>trap
okay buddy

I'm pretty sure if they sold well then Swindley and hid gopnik friend would boast about it on twitter and all journo sites.

No one cares.
Not even epic.

They have more money than you could ever dream and more than half the game developers out pay them royalties constantly.

steam has never had competition until now

Worked on it for years, you say?

Laziest coder ever.

Attached: GkxM758.png (3074x1751, 244K)

>That's how Steam got its start.
Sure, but Steam got its start by Valve making good games, Epic is trying to get its start by bribing 3rd party, unrelated developers in order to make them remove their games from all other competing stores. I wouldn't mind using Epic's store if Epic actually made good games and used them to promote their platform, but they're not doing that, what they're doing is pure AIDS.

Why would steamdrones ever try thinking?
Gaben needs more snacks so go spend more money in his market place

so why should i, as a game developer switch to Epic?
12% royalties sounds nice but isnt really great if my doesnt sell 12% of what it would on Steam

Attached: 0c4.png (599x605, 16K)

The absolute barrage of Epic Vs Steam store trash the last few months is the most manufactured shit I've ever seen.

Attached: 0.jpg (901x600, 277K)

*my game

That would be a permanent solution to a temporary "problem."

amazon is fucking evil. I had a big ceo business guy present at our uni and he mentioned amazon. They put your product on their store front (he gave victoria secret as an example) and uses their AI to find what size, color, type, etc people buy. They found that the majority of their money from the entire Victoria Secret catalog was made from one specific type product. So they made a bunch of chinese knock offs and fucked over Victoria secret.

>and Ubisoft
Ubisoft isn't even exclusive, you can buy their games on Uplay and never touch Epic (which you should, there's no reason to use Epic as a launcher for a launcher).

Because steam is just as little of a guarantee of sales in 2019 thanks to the algorithms fucking shit up and being exploited far to often.
Both are high risk ventures.

On steam you can pay upwards of 35% depending on the engine and maybe get more visibility.
On epic you pay 12%, have garunteed visibility due to every single jouro covering when epic blinks for free clicks, and if you sign an exclusivity deal you are already in the black and able to make you next game even if it bombs sales wise.

So you can either take a risk or get money and make you next game.

wtf I love Amazon now

>You dont see walmart letting literally any garbage into their store.
Yes I do. Walmart can't spell quality control let alone enforce it.

So what youre saying is its okay for steam to be actual shit because walmart is as well?

I don't know how you possible came to that conclusion.

and yet on Steam games still continue to sell gangbusters while on Epic they dont even make a scratch
getting the initial budget is not something i would aim for. i would try to make most money possible

Attached: owj3mh4f3qx11.png?width=920&auto=webp&s=901e1fd9fe7e26d68c6ab04929707251976d7eec.png (920x430, 435K)

Because we offer you a minimum guarantee. In other word even if you sold literally nothing you would still get the money of those X copies you were planning to earn as minimum. See: Phoenix point.

Do they have any good exclusives on their store? Still no? Then lol.

This guy is EA CEO levels of satanic. Why would you purposely fragment an entire playerbase with shady underhanded tactics and a with a worse launcher with Chinese baggage to boot? The only thing there is to gain from doing something like this is the resentment of the already established PC community for trying to call dibs on games for an entire year like massive faggots. If the game released simultaneously on Steam and the Epic Store, then sure, I'd have zero problems with there being another store for PC games, but with Jewish actions like exclusivity being bought out, I can't say I wouldn't be against the idea of the Epic Games CEO hanging himself.

thats a great way to convince indies but how would you convince someone like Rockstar games whos titles sell several millions on Steam? you dont think Epic will pay for every copy of that game right?

Attached: sale-2.jpg (1051x511, 60K)

Fuck this nigger

*unzips fortnite money*
*opens unreal engine money case*
*dials tencent's number*

the same attitude that faggots at Epic adopted to reel loser devs/publishers in is not going to change. These fucking retards may be counting their neetbux now, but Epic will absolutely stab them in the back when their own user base demands forums and reviews. it's nothing but a cheap chinese government ploy to lure retards into ruining their reputations so epic can get more clicks and when their usefulness has ran its course, they'll just be a steam clone. their cut will get even smaller and nothing will have changed except even less people will see their games and a good chunk of people that do will refuse to buy them.

>Sure, but Steam got its start by Valve making good games, Epic is trying to get its start by bribing 3rd party
Epic made this little game called "Fortnight." It has been very successful. You can use the word "bribe," it literally makes no difference where the game comes from. They're not the first launcher with exclusives, they're not going to be the last. If devs want to gamble on the new launcher that's their business.

Epic isn't going to take the share they expect because they're bungling their launch, underestimating how entrenched consumer habits are and the value of Steam's install base. But different stores are going to carry different products, that's market reality.

>1,81m
>Trap
More like a siege machine

Attached: 1503538386756.jpg (1872x1872, 534K)

>posts a game from massive AAA
Thats not a risk for them user.
If you have money to make one game and only one game and thats literally it do you risk it on nu-steam or take the guaranteed money to work on game2: the sequeling?

Store visibility has taken a massive downturn the last couple years for most small indies. Pleasing the algorithm is the only thing thats important to be successful on steam as a small creator, not the actual quality of the game.
All you need is one youtuber to play your shit game and suddenly the influx of dozens of dumbass kids also buying it ticks off a box in their backend to start displaying to more users.

Without that initial push you are dead in the water 90% of the time on steam anymore

Valve is charging too much and they're being undercut. That's what happens when you charge too much. So long as they don't solve it the problem will remain, and other companies will have a reason to pull shit like what Epic is doing.

Fortnite is played primarily on consoles and phones. Not PC.

how old is that image?

>30% instead of 70% is too much
Nigger in what world? Epic literally has to offset the 12% because it's too little.

Mircosoft said the same thing didn't they?

But he also killed the guy who killed Hitler. Not very cool of him.

>That's what happens when you charge too much.
Jesus christ fucking this.
How is it so hard to believe valve is charging way too much?

When they were the only half decent option there wasnt much choice so of course there was no fight for consumers. Its like wondering why k-mart died in the wake of super walmart and amazon

Way to shit on your potential userbase, this faggot must be retarded.
Then again he must interact daily with a hord of 12 years olds so i guess it must have tainted on his mentality.

>and i rather play multiplats on console
>Iam just saying steam is terrible shite

Attached: 1474714491354.png (491x491, 374K)

>Epic would be neutered in its larval stage if Valve decreased its cut 10%, maybe even 5%.
Valve probably couldn't pay to run Steam then. Epic can undercut them because engine licensing + Fortnight revenue. You may push into anti-trust territory but those laws don't get invoked anymore.

30% is the industry standard, loser.

DMC5 is a japanese videogame that never sold well on PC and right now its Capcom second biggest PC launch in history
and even aside from that fact, a couple of indie games will convince no one of switching stores

>How does a store having only quality goods make it worse?
"Quality" is fairly arbitrary when it comes to games and anything which is viewed through a subjective lens, there is no set of universal conditions which apply to every person in order to decide the "quality" of a video game when enjoyment of said game is almost entirely subjective. I am capable of making decisions for myself, I do not need or want a random stranger working for a shop to decide in my place which game is "good enough quality" for me. I will make that decision myself. If a lot of games are poor quality (in MY opinion), then I will not buy them. I would however like to see a wide variety available, because some title which might get arbitrarily considered "low quality" by somebody else may at the same time appeal to me in some particular way and I may enjoy it regardless of some shortcomings, so I do not want it preemptively removed and denied before I even have a chance to see it.

I don't need a baby sitter or keeper to filter content on my behalf.

>when newfags are so new they go out of their way to not greentext
Get the fuck out.

>smaller game store has more games you actually want to buy
>is successful

>large mega store that takes hours to sift through a single category isnt doing as well
>starts to loose customers because its a pain in the ass unless you already know exactly what you want

Theres a reason gamestop isnt a fucking department store

>Which platform consumers are going to use is not going to be chosen by the consumers

Anyone supporting someone who says something this jewish deserves all the shit they get.

This quote sums up everything wrong with the Epic store.

Attached: 1529437018872.jpg (290x400, 13K)

>less choice is a good thing

if not even MS or Sony can convince Rockstar to go exclusive today then Epic can forget it
Rockstar goes where the money, and that is on Steam.

>capcom realized pc plays games
We found this out with MHW retard, the game thats actually weebshit unlike dmc. DMC5 was a no brainer and not a risk at all for capcom you mong

I think he needs to reword his stance a little bit because it definitely sounds like he's calling for a market where the suppliers can do whatever they want and the consumers have no way to vote with their dollars

>consumers don't buy shit from your store, devs go somewhere else to able to sell their games
The c-consumer, h-has totaly n-no say in it guys, here take this 10k and please please stay on my store.
n-no d-don't leave.

>My highstreet and retail shops are dying
>I buy 90% of my shit off of Amazon
>I buy the knock off shit instead

Basically a reflection of current, and future gaming, but instead of knock offs it's shit business practices and shoddy products to increase exploitation.

Sweeney is right, the consumer base in general doesn't have any standards and quite happily dig their own graves, if the corporation just strong arms them and is willing (And capable) to persist through the brief war of attrition.

>Fortnite is played primarily on consoles and phones. Not PC.
and it's still an ungodly number of people. also doesn't disprove my point.

GameStop is also on the verge of bankruptcy and is losing to competitors like Best Buy.

I hate walmart and shop at aldis because aldis has higher quality goods despite having less variety.
Its easier to reach goods I actually want and those are vetted to be a higher quality thanks to the smaller volume.

>Why are modern corporations so anti consumer these days?
They understand that most consumers behave like drug addicts. They might bitch and complain but they will always buy. Therefore they have no reason to be nice, or friendly, or serve your interests. They're going to get people's money no matter what.

Mustards are like commies, they're always butthurt and want everything free.
Also they never win, and when they do, they create opposing factions and argue against each other.

MHW appeals alot more to the PC audience than DMC does with its online nature and heavy RPG mechanics
DMC is a single player action game, the audience for that have always existed on console

WTF I hate capitalism now!

They push it because they know people sympathize with devs and hate publishers. If they said publisher, people would react negatively. If they say dev then people are more willing to change their mind or accept it to help "the poor devs".

I’ve already decided will never support this war on consumers epic will never get a penny from me, I don’t care even if my favorite games get sequel there I won’t buy it will pirate or even buy on console before supporting this fucker and his chink supporters

>Epic made this little game called "Fortnight." It has been very successful.
Yes, but they're not using Fortnite (you misspelled the name, by the way) to attract people, they're using Fortnite money to bribe 3rd party developers. Valve never did that.

>game store wars

how cute, the little jew thinks that buying a few exclusives means he's fighting a "war"

meanwhile faggots like uplay and origin have been doing it for y e a r s

>this is what dipshits convince themselves to fit thier narrative
MH is by far a more niche title in american and european markets than DMC

At first I didn't give a shit about this whole thing. Sure, Epic was being shitty by trying to consolize this war between them and Valve; I don't want to install another launcher, but whatever, it's free.

But then this fuck keeps opening his mouth and saying stupid shit which just turns me against using their store.

Quality over quantity is a legit tactic. Shitting on your customers constantly and only paying attention to the providers like Epic does however is not.

why do you think companies pay wal-mart for shelf space? because it's their fucking customers. Valve didn't magically get all these customers overnight. the chinese government has now created a business plan to siphon off and destroy a company who's built up a solid user base and reputation. and the strange part about this is that they're doing it with an inferior product aimed at pleasing devs and publishers instead of the consumers. the only people happy about this tomfoolery are game journos, chinese government, and shitty devs/publishers who were destined to fail. being retarded is not sustainable, as we will soon witness.

Which is why I say 10% to 5%, as apposed to the 18% it would take to match Epic's. Epic is already fighting an uphill battle given Steam's install base and client features. I'm pretty confident that a slight decrease in distribution pricing would make it lot harder for Devs to rationalize cutting Steam out of their distribution network.

If you want to say 5-10% would make Steam unprofitable, I would ask for a source.

>hating capitalism
Back zo Venezuela, commie

jesus christ

Attached: IMG_0179.jpg (1024x679, 80K)

Yes, he's right. He knows that gamers are sheep and actually lack conviction. They'll go to his platform if the exclusives are there.

Attached: 1453642942386.jpg (1885x903, 372K)

>satanic
jesus fucking high schooler detected

>another thread was created with the exact same image and op
CAN THIS ADVERTISING BE ANY MORE OBVIOUS??????

Yeah, there is a reason why Epic goes to the smaller companies or indie devs. Not to mention the jew indie devs like the Phoenix Point ones who go to Epic instead of the other way around because that fortnite money is too tempting for them.

I'm going to pirate instead of using epic for exclusives. will continue buying on steam and gog though, just pirate epic.
fuck epic and fuck every single dev that agrees to their disgusting deal.

that's what happens when you suddenly have unlimited money. Reveals your true colors

>Implying that extra money goes to the devs
Neither the devs or consumers win in this silly war

and that is because the game was exclusive to Nintendo handheld for a good part of a decade
Capcom marketted MHW right and from the moment they showed it at E3 there was already great interest in it
DMC4 didnt even sell 1/10 on PC what it sold on console and Capcom wasnt happy with it

>people think that more plattforms to buy games one will somehow be bad for the consumers
Can someone explain this to me?

*Release source2*

Obsessed
Sony living rent free in your head

Resident evil proved pc liked new capcom games that are actually good a long time ago
Stop pretending DMC is some big deal

Gotta love how some of those devs have it planned to release in steam immediately after the exclusivity year is over.

money talks senpai

>doesnt know what greentexting and astericks mean
stay on /r/Yea Forums newfaggot

in Epics case its ''my platform only''

They can buy the exclusivity rights to all the games they want, all it's gonna take is one game to sell below expectations to demolish that trust and we're back to multiplatform releases.

>The only way to win on PC is to become a pirate

>more plattforms to buy games
But its just one, Epic Store.

Remind me again, how many games does epic currently have in their library?

also remind me, how many of those games are epic exclusive?

Attached: 1484966209582.jpg (863x720, 99K)

DMC5 is a big deal
a big deal that isnt on the EGS

Attached: ssrphf75rih11.jpg (1277x725, 390K)

Why do so many people in the entertainment industry have such overt contempt for consumers nowadays?

no because if you're too retarded to understand what's wrong with epic on your own youre either a chink shill, troll, or braindead.

>I find it ironic that ""the consumers"" expect devs to take a financial bullet for them by not signing exclusivity deals

no matter what epic pays, short of paying the entire budget of the development and marketing, they still need people to buy their game.
people need your game less than the game needs people to buy it to not be a financial loss, and in the market of today there are more games than anyone has the time to play, even in a single genre, so if there are 2 games you could play, and the devs or publishers of one insulted you, why would you ever play it instead of the other.
>People expect more loyalty than they're willing to give.
people expect a reason to suffer through epics inferior platform, it is the devs who are expecting loyalty from their customers, which is schizophrenic.

>"I'm le consumer and IM THE BOSS" temper tantrums
if you are planning on selling something you are obliged to treat the one you are trying to sell to with a modicum of respect, that is how the world works.
again, the consumer does not need the games, the games need the consumer.

Because Uplay and Origin have been such assets to vidya

That's the thing, none of the epic exclusives are selling well. I doubt they care and will keep buying exclusives anyways.

It's Tencent who will eventually have to decide if winning the war with Valve is worth actually destroying the bulk of the value in digital distribution as a service, by sticking to it. Of course it's best for everyone else (developers and consumers) if they do. The highly publicized 88/12 split is not sincere, not intended to actually be the universal policy when they open the platform for self-publishing. That's the only real choice in this. Steam isn't going to just go away or slip from dominance.

>he doesn't remember GFWL and how awful it was

this guy is such a fucking queer and so is anyone who even installs epic game store

>no matter what epic pays, short of paying the entire budget of the development and marketing, they still need people to buy their game.
Thats what they are doing for indie devs

see

For Devs, it's a 70% cut with Valve and others vs an 88% cut with Epic. That's a fucking massive difference, that's a matter of multiple salaries that are going down the drain to digital distribution. You're paying more for the exposure Steam offers, but if someone else can offer equivalent exposure (which Epic is trying for) you would be an idiot not to take it.

And they have to offset it because their install base is currently too small, which will be a diminished problem with each subsequent game release.

Because it's easier to say your customers are bigots, pirates or crybabies and that your sales are doing well with "actual fans/gamers".

65% if you use unreal

>consumers don't matter! They'll eat whatever slop we see fit to feed them
>Hm, I wonder why piracy numbers are skyrocketing

At least they had a local profile option that allows you to play without internet authentication whatsoever.
Without actual sales, 88/12 means shit.

Not a single period, comma or other mark punctuation.
F.
See me after class Mr. Freak.

itchio lets you keep 100%

>Without actual sales, 88/12 means shit.
Not if you have a minimum guarantee from the chinks :^)

yarr

Pirates will win this one.

Attached: 1537617707333.png (2518x1024, 320K)

post yfw pirate

Attached: 1552521573855.jpg (500x500, 28K)

Obviously Epic has a plan to increase the value of their "shelf space". Exposure is not an invincible point of differentiation, Steam doesn't hold the copyright to high install bases.

>pirating slop

lmao really?
what a fucking joke

Yeah, but without customers you just push yourself into a dead end. The chinks won't support your 3rd party studio forever if they don't eventually start making money because of you.

Where the fuck does this meme that Valve charges too much come from? 30% was always the industry standard, from the console online stores to brick and mortar retail. Then you suddenly have this 'muh THIRTY PERCENT!!!!' shit out of nowhere to attack Valve.

Epic taking 12% is totally unsustainable and you can't actually run a store like that. It's just what they're throwing money at in the short term to get devs to jump to Epic store with subsidies, you can't actually make money with it in the long term

Attached: XcAqQApw6Ty2djz3WMn4P2ITAVTI4ptrZt41Z00XB6k.jpg (642x768, 77K)

>i rather play multiplats on console
why the fuck would anyone do this?

Attached: 1545746302073.jpg (1080x1080, 140K)

i want to say he's wrong but casuals are the majority and they don't care. Mobile will win in the long run, but before that epic will take over
steam, gog and pc in general are fucked

>30% was always the industry standard, from the console online stores to brick and mortar retail
Are you actually pretending digital matching retail is a good thing you silly goy?

>Where the fuck does this meme that Valve charges too much come from?
from journos who've never used a pc in their life and developers who smell blood in the water

>Mobile will win

Faggots have been saying this for 10 years, fuck off retard

what is the point you are making? the point I am making is that epic is trying to steal "shelf space" from steam specifically through underhanded means and pandering to devs/publishers that are tantamount to anti-consumer methods.

I don't have a problem with epic as a game store, they can sell whatever they want and devs/publishers can sell on their platform. exclusives and chicanery are not good ways to expand their user base. and at this point, selling controversy for clicks is a huge gamble.

>Epic taking 12% is totally unsustainable and you can't actually run a store like that
Except you can and other game sites have ran for YEARS without taking a single cut

Stop believing everything gaben tells you

Get lost ESL faggot.

reminder to refund phoenix point if you backed it on fig, they said you can do so since they promised steam keys on release which turned out to be a false promise

boycott shit devs and publishers

Metro Exodus release in epic -> Feb 15 2019
Metro Exodus release in steam -> Feb 14 2020

There's no point refunding it, the money from Epic was enough to cover all development and more.

it's about principle

Dude looks like a fucking serial killer. Looks like Dahmer and BTK killer combined.

I live in Raleigh NC and have met Tim before at a coffee shop. He's pretty creepy. Drives a McLaren and gets cute chicks to check it out and shit. Money is getting to his head.

I can just go full pirate in that case
I'm literally unable to buy from Epic since I'm running a dynamic IP so it's not like I have a choice
Thanks Epic !

I spend more time making games than I do playing them these days and it would be nice to get a bigger cut, but at the end of the day I don't think it matters what people play games on

Is there any way to get the average video game consumer to grow a fucking backbone?
>EA does bullshit
>Battlefront and Apex Legends still gets a fuckload of players
>Acivision/Bungie fucks up their dogshit new IP, fixes it in the expac, then does the same shit on their sequel
>people still buy it
>MW2 shits on PC by not having dedicated servers
happens

Attached: 1552349987292.jpg (960x895, 190K)

>There's no point refunding it
What the fuck are you talking about? If I refund I get my money back instead of paying a game dev which literally lied to me.

we got stop steam monopoly

Attached: Steam Monopol.png (1268x1257, 268K)

Because hes white

well if you backed it, you're a retard and should blame yourself, this is how businesses work and now that they got all their money back, they can shit on you however they like.

No, he's retarded because people still have to buy off your store and acting like a pompous shit because of your Fortnite money won't do you any favors

>People really think Epic can take on Steam.
One year of fortnite money is like a puddle compared to Steam's PC monopoly for ~20 years now.
If you have Epic Store installed on your machine I legitimately feel bad for you.

>getting upset that a company with less DRM is trying to take over
I thought we hated DRM guys?
More epic games means more easy pirating.

BUT STEAM IS DEVIL
DEVIL MUST PERISH
DEVIL STEAM MAKING INDIE GAMES DIE!!!!

No.

Customers aren’t obligated to buy your shitty products, do dumb shit and they will pirate or flat out just now play. The customer is all powerful.

Gamers deserve nothing and everything every company throws at them.

mobile has already peaked, its not taking over shit

well he's not wrong but he's basically admitting that companies no longer need to try to appease consumers as long as they have enough money to just buy up a large portion of the market

and they made all their money back from epic so keep crying bitch nigger.

Are you 12? Cause you sound like a stupid kid on his first phase of nihilism.

now
*not

I don't give a shit about their money, I care about *my* money.

You mean publishers.

I think he needs to go to business school

That question applies to yourself kid, you were dumb enough to get swindled.

LMAO BTFO

And do those other stores have to support the massive infrastructure that Valve does with all the shit that Steam provides like servers etc?

Lets be totally honest. What Epic is currently doing is blatantly not profitable for them. It's just throwing money to push their competitors out of business, after which they will raise their prices

>missing the point this fucking hard

Yup, underaged faggot, get lost.

Stuff like forums and being able to communicate with the devs for whatever reason are why I will always prefer Steam over Epic.

>Play early access game
>after a big update, an event pops up that causes the game to softlock and hang
>Take a picture of it happening and make a post about it on the forum
>not even an hour passes and a dev chimes in going "Huh, that is weird, let me see what's going on."
>another hour later, the dev merges all the threads that popped up since with "Ok, found what was going on, working on a fix now."
>By the time I get home, there's a hotfix that fixed the issue ready and waiting to download

Having a direct line to devs like that cna be wonderful, and fuck Epic for trying to tell me no one wants that.

>less DRM but more botnet

No shit, I already have uplay since they fucking required it for far cry 3. So I might as well buy the division 2 there.

Attached: 7d6.png (642x414, 469K)

nigga this personisnt this personGo figure that when you say stupid shit you will get called out for it.

>what is pirating

>Devs pull scummy shit
>OH NO I SPENT MONEY ON IT
>OH WAIT, theres refunds
>gets money refunded

>"LMAO BTFO"

On what? This is why you are getting called a stupid kid.

You guys realize this is just a 'wink' at game devs right?

Whether or not he ACTUALLY believes it, he's just telling devs like CDProjekt 'Hey, you guys are the ones in control. We're way cheaper than steam so it just makes more sense in the long run to stick with us. Make the right decision'

He's intentionally ignoring the consumer aspect because he knows for a fact they're fucking weak in that area.

tl;dr he knows what he's saying is bullshit. Fuck the journalist who is giving him a platform

Attached: Oq1XSGFF_400x400.jpg (294x294, 19K)

You realize epic just as much infrastructure ready to start rolling out thanks to unreal right?
They just arent wasting it all on shit like steam music and movies.
Remember SteamOS?
Neither do I

Sorry to break the bad news, but you're retarded, mate.

Attached: 1536233571942.jpg (600x623, 66K)

usualy even more botnet depending of the cracker

Actually, the 12% cut being unsustainable comes from Tim Sweeney, as part his rationalization for games being more expensive outside the US on epic store.

Says the guy starting the shitflinging towards pc and steam

Because i dont care and like to play on a big screen with a controler
Pc costs too much too

>devs like CDProjekt
>theif face when GoG

Attached: 1521662069703.gif (293x240, 744K)

it's not about their money, it's about your money

Don't remind me how long I've been here, I beg you.

>theif
I meant their but whatever

>DRM for Devs
>"No" is a bad thing
Wut?

says the retard that got swindled, imagine being this stupid in the first place,

keep raging incel you lost more than your money

There is actually opposite situation on your pic than is with current Epic. MW2 boycott group were already a fans of the franchise while Epic is trying to ram through the market with force. If that was Valve instead of Epic then your logic would apply.

If this is real then it's the most delusional thing I've heard from someone in gaming in a while and that's saying something

I think it's about giving freedoms to publishers.

Attached: Capture.png (604x344, 41K)

>Reddit meme

I still can't believe they could bribe fucking Ubisoft.

>Steam has an actual gameplan to keep all their games available to all of their buyers if they ever go under
>Epic has no plan for this
>Epic doesn't even have a fucking online server for save-files
>Epic doesn't even have user reviews

Why does anyone defend epic again?

Attached: 25b.gif (459x459, 2.76M)

>Is there any way to get the average video game consumer to grow a fucking backbone?

It's ironic that you'd use a peasant meme for this post, because your complaint is basically why 'gomunism' has failed literally every time it's implemented. People are all well behind overthrowing the king, but running things themselves is either beyond their capability, or beyond their will, so the power of government inevitably and perpetually ends up falling to some sociopaths who WANTED power instead of the common folk it was supposed to reside with.

>like to play on a big screen with a controler
you can do this on a pc

And they still don't have competition. They aren't competing for customers at all. They only want as much pure concentrated greed as possible on their platform and basically advertise it as such. They're just gambling on forcefully moving enough people over to make it the standard. I doubt they will ever make it that far with their mindset. At most it will just be the place to get their exclusive games and nothing more. Epic name EA look like saints and that's pretty fucked up. I'd rather move to Origin full time than switch to Epic.

>Steam has an actual gameplan to keep all their games available to all of their buyers if they ever go under
Source? I heavily doubt they can do shit without publisher's permission.

Really?

>he's acting like piracy doesnt exist
exclusives will directly result in more piracy, look at how well exclusive contracts are working for anime streaming websites

Attached: its okay to be a pirate.jpg (1200x1200, 66K)

In half a year they will do everything steam does with half the bloat

Tom Clancy’s The Division 2.

Not him, but it's been ags and it was confirmed by gabe.

i.imgur.com/4sa1Ln6.jpg

Yeah I'm gonna need a source on that one, dipshit

Yes but pc costs shitton of money and i always have to troubleshoot also most games i like to play are old i wanna play stubbs the zombie but turns out it wont work with an atm graphics card
Its that way with every pc game you either have to troubleshoot shit for hours download drivers get virused and fucking die i hate it personaly its just stress for me
Pcs give me a headache
Fuck all of this i dont have time for this

>Without actual sales, 88/12 means shit.

Don't ignore my points about Epic increasing their install base. Yes, 88% from Epic is currently less revenue (probably) than 70% from Valve, but they're only entering the industry and are paying devs up front to offset the difference. Assuming their install base continues to grow, Devs will eventually prefer to sell on Epic even without taking chink checks. That is where Epic wants to carve its spot in the market.

I'll just pirate everything that's exclusive to EGS. They're literally subsidizing my piracy with their minimum sales guarantee after all so I don't even have to feel bad about it. It'll be interesting to see how long they can just toss money around, fortnite isn't going to last forever.

Attached: 1504574803335.jpg (768x1024, 152K)

>The Division 2 physical launch sales just 20% of Division 1's
>EGS exclusive
HAHAHAHA

Attached: 1537991343113.png (748x174, 13K)

They have their public roadmap for the next half a year and it has all the shit people keep complaining about planned
Good thing they have been in the mod scene since the beginning as well because thats going to give them the edge

You’re a consumer

Why do Epic shills insist that I should care about the cut a publisher gets?
Why would I give a single fuck?
This doesn't affect me.

Seriously, everything about Epic is about sucking off publisher dick, while not offering the users any benefits.
This is why Epic failing is a good thing.
The only ones who benefit from this are scum.

Attached: 1542078563953.gif (288x377, 1.83M)

No they don't, that's just a vague statement, no actual plan in existence. Who's going to pay for the server cost? ISPs are only holding Steam content servers because Valve forks out millions of dollars a year to pay for the hosting every year.

Attached: 8KTtscB.jpg (600x315, 11K)

Or is he...

Fair enough.

Only console games get physical releases nowadays.
I think Ubisoft knew it was going to flop, that being the reason they accepted Epic's money.

It's vague as fuck, but I'll believe it.

>tfw epic is gonna kill steam and incels can do nothing about it
Welp time to download epic

>easy money from epic
>people are forced to buy it directly from uplay since steam and 3rd party sellers don't sell it thus getting all of the profits
ubisoft is smart, have to admit that

epic in name only
sweeney already sold his life's work to the chinese. how can anyone respect this guy

>supply-side economics
Yeah but he's gonna look real silly if it turns out demand-side econ is the model video game sales follows.

>if you don't like epic you are a virgin
Are the shills this desperate?

>Good thing they have been in the mod scene since the beginning as well because thats going to give them the edge

Yeah because that did a hell of a lot of good for Unreal Tournament, right? The one game that they just stopped sending updates for and we haven't heard from them in 2 years?

The original talent of Epic is long gone. and that 'public roadmap' is all a bunch of PR bullshit you're shoveling into your mouth. The fact that they can't even IMPLEMENT REVIEWS at launch is fucking embarrassing. .

Remember when steam took years to not be absolutely awful?

Attached: 5 seconds on google.png (1675x844, 107K)

>when you have no arguments against the fact that Epic only benefits publishers
>mfw Epic chink shills will keep talking about the cuts because that's literally the only thing it has, benefits for publishers

I fucked more than 10 woman when i was only 16
I use epic over steam
How many woman have you fucked? Steam users usually prefer men

Not even a single argument.
Epic should spend some more on chinks.
Maybe hire whites instead of insectoids.

Sure they will... They will decide that Epic is full of shit when their games fail to sell after they accept Epic's bribes.

Steam = virgin incels
Epic = big chads with long dong who fucks woman daily

Its that easy

>meanwhile steam is scrambling to "fix" user reviews thanks to exploitation
>menawhile steam is scrambling to get their games infrastructure thats used in CS:Go and Dota2 to all the devs

Too bad it took a real villain to get them to do something, well anything really aside from cancel features they promised like the fucking ps3

You messed up with Acti-Blizz in some fields.

>Cloud Saves
They kinda have that but only with newer games which are online

>Overlay
I don't know if their games being connected via battle.net counts as an overlay

>Community Discussions & Guides
They have official forums, if that counts.

>Name Change
First one is free, then it costs $10

Yeah well, I heard that guy was an asshole anyways.

He isn't named Steve "Sweaty Balls" Ballmer for nothing.

>b-but they have a timetable!
Reminder that fortnite's PvE mode was supposed to go F2P last year but the game was in such a sorry state that they pushed it back indefinitely.

Not like it was a hard decision for Ubisoft, they were probably already itching to pull out from Steam like Bethesda had done, so taking Epic's bribe seemed like a good cherry on top. The fact that Epic's terrible optics just leads to more and more people getting it off Uplay instead means the deal turned out incredibly fortunate for Ubisoft.

>The amount of shilling from this guy

Jesus dude give it a fucking rest. How much do they pay you for Yea Forums PR?

You do realize that online videogame stores have been a thing for over a decade right? There's no excuse for shoving out a shitty unfinished store and plastering a 'work in progress' bar on it now.

Have sex

I fucking will fucking kill you you white piggu who dou you think iam? I could send 10 mirrion kamikaze katana ninjas after you and your family
Better watch out you fucking virgin bitch

This is the person calling you a virgin for not using Epic.

Attached: 1533092380630.webm (540x960, 2.94M)

Cmon guys, whats wrong with a little competition, in the end, steam will have to up their game, which means better for consumers.

Yet thats exactly how GoG started
Retard doesnt even like best store from best devs

Thanks mate for telling me to do something i just did with your mom 10 minutes ago

I'm eagerly awaiting Epic's Family Sharing, in-home streaming, GameStream integration, controller remapping and VR support. I'm absolutely certain they'll have that within half a year.

Then they would actually be a monopoly and journos would have a legitimate thing to complain about.

TAKE THAT AWAY

Based CD Projekt Red. I will never talk shit about Poland or GoG ever again.

>'fix' user reviews
>scrambling to get their games infrastructure
>cancel features they promised

What the fuck are you talking about? Could you be more vague?

Isn't EPIC just bootleg Steam? I thought it was already revealed they just take Steam games and resell them. Why are there still people taking Epic store seriously? Why is there still discussion on the matter?

>only console games get physical releases nowadays
And they are the ones that buy more games. If the numbers are correct then the reduction in sales are huge even with the popularity with digital use.

>Thats funny because I will be playing Halo MCC on steam this year and I won't give a one single iota of shit about this faggot and shitty storefront

>all this bullshit and STILL NO FUCKING CONTROLLER SUPPORT
the absolute state of Epi

Attached: jerry.jpg (800x450, 45K)

Dont forget music integration, selling movies, creating an OS to finally make linux for gaming, spend a billion on failed hardware that lost to the the fucking xbox one, and then cancelling all of it so anyone who invested in those future products got shafted

GoG has been around for 10 FUCKING YEARS

how clueless are you mate?

I'm fine with a little makeup, but anyone who shaves her eyebrows and paints them on is automatically discarded.
It's so fucking retarded.

Attached: 1552483525861.gif (315x174, 1.39M)

>selling movies
Steam isn't doing that anymore due to nobody actually using their platform to watch movies.

Every game on it wonks with controllers just fine user.
You are using an xbox controller or ds4windows right?

>No controller suppoert

Holy shit are you for real?

I mean, plenty of developers decided to use the Ouya, and look where it is now.

They took years to do what nobody was doing. The bar is way higher now either Epic keep up with current standard or fall to oblivion.

This is the company that brought us CliffyB. That should tell you all you need to know.

thats because most "indie developers" these days are SJW warriors who need the money to keep on making shitty politicized games and trannies who need the money for the operation of cutting their pee pee

I thought the point you were making was that Valve charged that much for a reason.

This reply chain is already 2 digressions away from my original point but if you're curious, it was that consumers expect more loyalty out of devs than they're willing to offer. If you expect them not to take "underhanded" measures to increase their profit, don't be absent when they show up saying Valve is charging too much.

>exclusives and chicanery are not good ways to expand their user base
The issue is that we don't know how many people take so much offense to exclusivity that they won't buy games they want to play off Epic game's store. My money would be on this boycott going out the window every time it isn't convenient. i.e., exclusivity isn't nice but it will succeed. Pic related.

Attached: 1.jpg (946x788, 120K)

It was also very first of its kind and for the longest time the only one and they were still researching things. EPIC and others don't have that excuse.

They are literally implementing default settings to hide "review bombs"
They are literrally putting their backend used for CS:Go and Dota2 out for any devs to use and iterate on
They are literally cancelled more than half the shit they had planned once steamOS died

They are stuck competing with both discord and epic simply due to their own laziness.
For instance it took them how long to realize having a chat client with features might be good for gaming?

show me this option on the EGS

Attached: img_5a5882d152462.jpg (687x387, 17K)

Epic is already WAY behind on that timetable, and frankly, all of these should have been LAUNCH features if they even wanted any hope of remotely competing with Steam.
>B-B-But Steam launched with just as much shit and had to get most features later too!
Back in the mid-2000s. But Epic isn't trying to compete with mid-2000s Steam before they added most of the shit we're used to now, they're trying to compete with the current Steam which has these features. If they truly wanted to compete, their client would have had these features at launch.

>cant read
I said the controller works with the games.
You dont seriously use a controller to navigate your library do you?

>let me just wast 10x the time and click 8 times to play a game that would normally take a single scroll and double-click through a list
Nope

Keep dreaming, faggot. Epic are the virgins, and Steam are the chads.

Attached: 1552526888071.png (2518x1024, 199K)

>Recently shipped features
>Store Search
>STORE SEARCH
>STORE SEARCH

Attached: BossyGoldenBluet-size_restricted.gif (480x368, 2.86M)

Exactly.
It's like trying to sell an mp3 player with no additional features and no touchscreen in present day and promising that later models will have them

You're going to go fucking bankrupt

I remember how no one else was doing what Steam was doing at the time, they literally set the bar.

Do you remember how Epic released a storefront with less features than launch day Steam? Cause i do.

Explains why they don't care about their foreign marketing and pass on taxes and fees onto the consumer making it More expensive than Steam for most of the world
But hey maybe they only need murigga dollars

>no native PS4 or 3rd party support
>cant rebind buttons
great ''support'' you got there

Epic is the ultimate virgin of this industry. They make Origin and Uplay look like chads in comparison.

Can't wait for 6 months from now when all the shills mind controlled the more retarded people on here to believe steam bad epic good and everyone hates steam

Not me though no steam no buy

Attached: dummy_dum_juice.jpg (563x651, 226K)

Review bombings are inevitable and happen on every fucking medium. You have no reason to blame that on steam.
Whats wrong with giving their backend to other devs?
Who gives a fuck if they cancelled things that don't work? Should they still shove out a half-finished SteamOS simply because they promised and then abandon it? (Like Unreal Tornament)?

>it took them how long to realize having a chat client with features might be good for gaming
And yet Epic game's chat function is a complete disaster at launch. How curious.

>reveal a timetable
>get even more ridicule when epic says fuck it and never implements more than a couple of things

o i am laffin

Attached: giphy.gif (200x153, 3.46M)

Same

Gaben has made some mistakes but he's not a corporate villain.
They have plenty of transparency to their consumers and while I hate him for not making HL3 steam is pretty neat. Saved shit ton of money on it too.