PLAY TOKYO XANADU

PLAY TOKYO XANADU

Attached: best girl.jpg (420x900, 105K)

can I bap that anime girl in the game?

Not until you beat faxanadu

Buy it and find out, take the bullet for us

Tried it, hated the combat, quit after 4 hours because I was bored as fuck.
The combat feels boring to play and it doesn't even look that great so you can't just watch the cool shit happen while you sit back because there's no cool shit happening.

Time to look through some of this game's riveting dungeon design. Here we have exhibit A - a boring gothic labyrinth.

Attached: Screenshot (14).png (1920x1080, 2.84M)

How about the second dungeon? What is it? Oh, a boring gothic labyrinth.

Attached: Screenshot (21).png (1920x1080, 2.72M)

The dungeons take 5-10 minutes each then you're back to the story and girls. Poor arguments.

Maybe third time's the charm? Nope. Still a boring gothic labyrinth.

Attached: Screenshot (48).png (1920x1080, 3.06M)

Hmmm. Maybe the fourth one? Nope still a boring gothic labyrinth.

Attached: Screenshot (55).png (1920x1080, 3.09M)

already got the Platinum in eX+

Fifth one's gotta be different, right? Nah. Just another boring gothic labyrinth.

Attached: Screenshot (60).png (1920x1080, 2.72M)

>playing falcom games for the gameplay / layout

Attached: image.jpg (410x230, 14K)

Sixth one? Nope. Still a boring gothic labyrinth.

>playing falcom games for the gameplay / layout
Typical Vita fag who never touched anything besides Trails.

Attached: Screenshot (58).png (1920x1080, 2.67M)

>You
Also, I can't believe you keep a batch of screenshots from a game you "hate" immediately, and flood a topic with them

Attached: images.png (255x198, 6K)

Lookie here, another boring gothic labyrinth! What a surprise.

Attached: Screenshot (63).png (1920x1080, 2.61M)

And last and probably least, another boring gothic labyrinth. Quality game design, Falcom. Simply epic.

Attached: Screenshot (72).png (1920x1080, 3.16M)

Why is there zero r34 of these cuties?

Attached: _1.jpg (1920x1080, 597K)

Now, let's compare this to a game from an era when Falcom actually knew how to make games, shall we?

Attached: 20171031214823_1.jpg (1920x1080, 549K)

You got an abandoned mine.

Attached: 20171031215603_1.jpg (1920x1080, 455K)

A haunted witch's forest.

Attached: 20171102183915_1.jpg (1920x1080, 486K)

A steel tower on top of a volcano.

Attached: 20171103100801_1.jpg (1920x1080, 556K)

A vampire's castle.

Attached: 20171103195145_1.jpg (1920x1080, 426K)

Good god stop with the autistic spamming.

you give actual fans a bad name

A snowy mountain trail.

Attached: 20171104104022_1.jpg (1920x1080, 362K)

I play Falcom games for ADVENTURE

Attached: adol-christin.jpg (1000x1500, 81K)

It's criminal

Stay mad, you dumb TX fag. People like you are exactly why Falcom's recent games have gone to shit.

Attached: 20171101175845_1.jpg (1920x1080, 610K)

I bought it on the Vita back in the day and conveninently forgot about it for a couple of years? Should I bother with the Vita version, or is it vastly inferior to the PS4 re-release?

>I can't BELIEVE people like different games to me

Attached: 09-02-16.jpg (600x338, 140K)

Hey, you skipped the one filled with lava.
Your point still stands.

>Literally me - the protagonist, falls in with a super hot girl who has powers which I also happen to have
>Everyone is a teenager
>The first arc is two girls crying at each other because one of them potentially can get stronger than the other in karate

I dropped it soon after. Its not even about a younger cast -- I love Trails in the Sky and Xenoblade 1/2. It's just this type if teen melodrama and pandering that completely puts me off and makes me feel old.

This is hot, what game

Literally the game in the OP

I can't believe people skip on good games for a half-baked ARPG Persona ripoff with copypasted Trails of Cold Steel assets.

Attached: 20171105235816_1.jpg (1920x1080, 552K)

>the protagonist, falls in love
Stopped reading there, you have zero clue what you're talking about.

Thanks I thought you posted something else to counter argue that autist

This game was boring shit.

You can like recent Falcom games but that doesn't mean you should deny how incredibly low effort and formulaic they have become.

>because you liked one game by this company that means you skipped the others

Attached: e.png (200x200, 65K)

Falcom's audience isn't teen tho

Then what? Because the writing certainly seems to be of bad young adult/teen fiction quality.

Where does it say 'love', retard. Fuck the MC falling in love with the girl would have been better than the stupid 'choose your waifu' shit they went with. Fuck modern Falcom.

I played and beat Tokyo Xanadu, and god damn I was let down. I thought the combat was actually fun for an action RPG, so it kept me going. But I kept hoping the story would pick up or the dungeons would get better, but no even at the end if you get the "good" ending, nothing fucking happens.

I'm interested in getting arpgs for vita and I like ys. This is a good pick right? Anything I should know going in?

Fair enough. I only posted the ones I bothered taking screenshots of.

The average Nu-Falcom fan has trouble getting into Ys, let alone a game like Zwei 2. But a game with the same presentation and dialogue quirks as Trails of Cold Steel? Hot damn! Sign me up, chief. Throw in a Japanese high school setting and some pop idols in, too!

Attached: Screenshot (76).png (1920x1080, 2M)

I played Xanadu Next and never finished it because it became a slog later

Yes, Shiori is best girl

Attached: image.jpg (240x240, 15K)

Just stop dude, that shit is literally the bottom of the barrel asset flip. And this is coming from someone who found mild enjoyment in cold steel
Its not. Its combat feels like a shallow prototype of Ys 8 combined with the worst parts of cold steel story aspects

Imagine being this buttblasted that other people enjoy different things to yourself.

Tokyo Xanadu

The writing is secondary it's just a setting for the cute girls. And the last part of the game is alright.

>xanadu next
yikes

Attached: 121.jpg (1000x563, 283K)

Anyone?

ok buzzword-kun

Ps4 version runs at 60fps, Pro also outputs at 1800p, there is also an extra "after story" bit, so if those upgrades sound nice, go for the ps4 version.

Just google watch the re-release added and make the decision.

Now hold up a uno momento, I've played the new Tokyo Xanadu and enjoyed it after having binged through all of the ys series last summer. People can like other things, is Tokyo Xanadu as good as ys, I would say no, but I see it for what it is, a budget title, I knew going in that I was getting, a watered down action rpg Persona lite, but I still found enjoyment out of it, because dare I say it was fun same as I did with the other ys games even shitty ass ys 5. .

Attached: 1552424959170.jpg (359x431, 50K)

>trying to reason with somebody who willingly entered a thread about something he doesn't like and had a total meltdown

Attached: 1304376955947.png (500x375, 299K)

Imagine going through a niche developer's past library and realizing how much soul they lost when they started pandering to the Vita crowd and degrading both the story and gameplay aspects of their games. Ys VIII is pretty much the only good games Falcom has released since Ao no Kiseki. Cold Steel was a trainwreck, Celceta was a directionless mess, and TX was a lazy hackjob.

Good for you user, but you're missing the bigger picture.

Attached: 20170830182016_1.jpg (1920x1080, 446K)

>my opinion is the only correct one
filtered

>soul
post discarded

>i eat shit so you should too

It'd be nice for you to have an argument behind your vapid appeal to subjectivity.

Attached: Screenshot (62).png (1920x1080, 2.48M)

>i have an autistic, exact opinion on everything and if your opinion differs from mine in any way shape or form, I will have a massive aspergers attack and embarrass myself in front of everyone

CUTE

I did. It was pretty fun but Asuka's powered up form is so fucking OP it breaks second play-through. Otherwise good game.

Attached: 1552057356733.png (244x428, 197K)

Second playthrough is meant to be easy so that you can essentially skip the battle shit and get back to watching the comfy social events you missed the first time around

Stay in the past then . You think nihon falcom can afford to make the same games all the time in teh current videogame world ?

Who do you think they are ? vanillaware ?

I like falcom but why should I play an action game that was made for the vita?

What the fuck are you talking about

...? user, im not meming or being an asshole when I say this spoiler, this is 100 percent my honest opinion. I always thought Falcom games, except Oath in Felghana where kinda shit, I just played because everyone said it was a great series and decided to give it a shot, I got enjoyment out of it but felt it was mostly a bland experience. Ys 1 and 2 where pretty okay, but personally I think the games went down hill earlier than the vita on the ps2 with ys 5, until ys 7 when I felt it had gotten better, becomeing it's own style of bullet hell action rpg.

funny story about Tokyo Xanadu.

The US version made a second playtrough easier because they removed the requirement of needing NG+ points (like in Cold Steel) to access bonuses so you could get every bonus

>vita

based aksys games

Falcom’s made a lot of shitty games in general over the years

Xanadu next is one of the weirdest things I’ve played to completion

>vapid appeal to subjectivity
Dude, what are you even saying at this point
>having an opinion is bad
>E-EXCEPT FOR MY OBJECTIVELY CORRECT OPINION

I want to creampie Asuka

Attached: maxresdefault(2).jpg (1280x720, 196K)

>doesn't even have a proper confession
Literally more vapid than my wsj mangos

Yeah, disliking bad gameplay, bad level design, and a hopelessly stereotypical cast and setting in a video game is such a hot take. What an affront to differing tastes. Shock. Horror.

>You think nihon falcom can afford to make the same games all the time in teh current videogame world?
You say that, but Falcom's library used to be much more varied - even up until 2011. You had stuff like Gurumin, Xanadu Next, Vantage Master Portable, Brandish: The Dark Revenant, etc. Not all were heavy hitting titles, but at least Falcom would experiment with different genres, play styles, and IPs. Look back on this decade, though. We got SIX fucking Trails games, while getting two Ys games, and Nayuta no Kiseki and Tokyo Xanadu, the latter two having heavy borrowings from Trails. I don't want Falcom to make the same things over and over again. Quite the opposite, actually.

That's fine. They aren't for everyone. But at the same time, I'm sick and tired of Falcom's current trends and all the Trails dick riding downplaying all the major flaws of TX.

I'm saying do what and have an actual argument.

Attached: 20170902150640_1.jpg (1920x1080, 315K)

I’m with although I did like trails and gurumin

Outside YsF and to a lesser extent origins I can’t strongly recommend pretty much any of this to people who don’t love anime to death

And some of the games I can’t recommend to anyone

Ignorant fuck here. This guy keeps talking about this game and sharing pics of it...but never names it. What game is this?