youtube.com/watch?v=ECG5u_eMWZw
youtube.com/watch?v=V_uc_sw3rfQ
youtube.com/watch?v=eJaFB4fk3dQ
youtube.com/watch?v=jaKmkoy1r7o
youtube.com/watch?v=rNm8ftcl940
destructoid.com/final-fantasy-xi-shuts-down-on-consoles-next-month-344915.phtml
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>yfw

Attached: The Bogy starts casting Paralyze.jpg (283x283, 62K)

Attached: ffxi chat.jpg (749x691, 108K)

why won't dimitri return Goblin Smithy's phonecalls

It miss the days of staying up for 48 hours on the weekend with my bro grinding to 75.

Really shaped how I looked at other MMO's since, and they'll never be the same.

I hate goblins so goddamn much.

Attached: pic009.jpg (512x382, 30K)

FFXI really ruined every other MMO for me. I played it from around 2004 to 2014 on and off. I still talk to a few people I met on there. We reminisce a lot.

Attached: ffxi55.jpg (800x600, 571K)

Attached: 1548915224934.jpg (462x583, 98K)

>they are actually thinking about about finally fixing playonline or just outright removing it
Can't believe it

I still listen to the soundtrack all the fucking time.

then go play on a private server cause retail is fucked

is this shit ever coming out or what?

Attached: FFXI_Mobile_Screenshots.png (800x2274, 2.63M)

we all do

What's this?

God I hope it doesn't suck

Attached: 1549441014031.jpg (1024x733, 70K)

FFXI mobile

mobile game that feels like it's never going to come out.

Attached: ffxiwall.jpg (1920x1200, 1.71M)

First for Era, the private server with the most functional content. PUP, assaults, salvage, and more.

Imagine if they just remade FF11 similar to WoW classic with these updated graphics.

I'd even be down just for a straight up FF11 classic graphics and all. Maybe pre aht-urgahn.

On PC i mean. Not some shitty mobile game.

Is it supposed to be single player?

I only played FFXI for about a month or two as a teen, when it launched. Hard to get money consistently on a debit card at the time.

Now I don't have the time to dedicate to an intensive MMO like FFXI, but also know I missed its greatness at its peak. Really hope it captures some of the magic.

Why would they do that when 14 exists?

what's stopping you from playing the FFXI remake on phones on a Android emulator on PC? better resolution, better framerate, customized controls, no fucking battery limit or notifcations slowing you down.

I wish. I loved Aht urhgan though.

Have you tried playing Eureka in XIV? It's very similar to XI and is full of references to it.

I'm not saying they would, in fact i'm almost certain they won't.

Eureka is fucking trash.

Me too, but my fondest memories are before aht-urgahn. BLU was my favourite thing in the game afterwards though.

most people never got past anemos or pagos according to statistics. which is a shame because eureka really shines in pyros and hydratos. those should have been there on day 1 instead of month 16+

No one knows. Only a few screenshots/concept art has ever been shown.

Soul vs Soulless.

Eureka is terrible.

The livestream for FFXI is still going on.
youtube.com/watch?v=9onS7SzzYyc

Are FFXI players the PSO1 players of modern times? Constantly bitching about how new is bad and old is good.

It's likely a dropped project, or at least it's been on hold for years.

My guess is it will come when SE has a few big stinkers on their hands and they're unwilling to put all their time into bigger projects.

>It's getting put on hold for FF7R that will never come out and is practically guaranteed to be shit from the combat change alone

Attached: 1538880478395.jpg (1600x1135, 157K)

It's sad because no matter how shit the FF7 remake is, hype alone will make it one of their most successful games financially.

Final Fantasy, despite everything progessivly getting shitter since FFX still makes them tons of money every time.

Even less reason to put their time into smaller projects like this.

last I heard it was being developed in co-op with Square Enix Business Division 5 (FFXIV/DQB team) and Nexon. They had an event dedicated to it in November last year. It's still in active development but there's just no specific release date yet.

But old was good. People would actually achieve things in old MMO's that were rare and took a lot of time and cooperation from other players.

In modern MMO's there's literally nothing you can achieve that is prestigious or rare.

hype can only carry a brand so far. remember that FFXIV 1.0 failed both financially and in reviews until they reboot it. FFXV didn't recoup as much money as they thought they would so they ended up doing a ton of mobile games and promotions (cup noodles)

>They had an event dedicated to it in November last year.
No they didn't. That was just a fan run FFXI event. Had nothing to do with anything

>training in Qufim at around level 21
>running around lake to kill worms
>2-3 groups competing for the monsters
>night rolls in
>everybody gathers at the island in the middle and waits the night out to not aggro skellys or the Bogy
XI had a level of comfy and dread that other games will never match. Mainly an RPG, but it also had survival and horrific atmosphere done well as well.

>
It wasn't that good. FFXIV is unironically better in literally every conceivable way

>Trying to navigate the dunes to meet up with your group
>Hear goblin grunt

Attached: 1529690940212.jpg (1024x768, 149K)

>resub last year
>just finished CoP again
>still cried like a bitch
You can go back right now, OP.

this. what is FFXIV's equivalent to a kraken club? or free roaming Notorious Monsters that drop rare shit? Nothing.

so what you're saying is a MMO is only as good as how much suffering and NEET time you put into it.

XIV is legitimately bad compared to XI.
Just read through the thread. XI pitched you into situations any modern MMO would never do, because people would instantly cry when they can't progress anything immediately.

I made millions of gil killing NMs in eureka and selling their stuff. I was able to afford a house and sell off the excess gil for paypal money.

Now is a great time for retail. 3k+ players on Asura so community is bumping again. Lots of old players coming back and lots of new end game content to do at 99. Also Rhapsodies is really good if you haven't finished it yet.

I'm not saying things aren't on the decline, but not nearly enough for them to make drastic changes on how they do things.

nah. FFXI had better:
characters
music
story
environments
sense of accomplishment
community

Attached: BatcherRoEGuideHeader.jpg (1920x1080, 282K)

Ok.

I'm waiting for a free login period. It should be in may right?

that's not the same and you know it.

if XIV was legitimately bad then it would have failed and shut down/merged servers a 2nd time, not expanding server infrastructure and hiring more people due to growth.

Meanwhile the highest pop XI retail server is lower than the lowest pop XIV server.

This was a skill you had to learn in itself.

The dunes really taught you how to avoid enemies and be wary of your surrounding. Loved every second of it.

>sense of accomplishment

Can't underestimate how much this is lacking in modern MMO's. FF14 especially.

Dunes ain't shit.
Pulling in Crawler's Nest, man. After that you would never ever aggro anything ever again.

FFXIV is not bad. It's just nowhere near as good as FFXI.

Attached: ffxi garuda summon.png (1024x768, 823K)

>gonna try pulling one of those raptor things

Attached: 1172196919783.gif (360x359, 74K)

I played on Nasomi, which pretty much has the highest population of any FFXI private server. Shit feels exactly the same as it did back in 2005.

I believe so yes. They also do monthly updates and are currently going back and buffing/changing all jobs with 1 job each month. Monk, Redmage, and Puppetmaster have all got some love so far. Melee DD got some buffs too.
The monthly events also keep things fresh and gives incentive to do other events you wouldn't normally do so it makes the games content feel even greater. There's even people making Ballista(pvp) linkshells and doing events. It's a really fun time right now.

I agree on the last three. Characters and music I'd say are equal between the two. Story you've got some rose-tinted goggles. FFXI's story was all right, but nothing to write home about

Attached: b86ba5aa54f71f51.jpg (636x900, 115K)

>popularity = quality
Idiot. XIV is aimed at the lowest common denominator aka morons and waifufags. Probably the reason you like it.
XIV never throws you into situations that aren't reading text or winning a fight. You never have to hide for a set amount of time because during that time enemies are too strong, because you fags would whine "wah wah I can't level/loot/farm now T_T". You don't have to manage your resources because refer to the previous whiny statement you faggots bring, etc.
XIV is a grind/farm/loot simulator. XI was an actual RPG.

Not at all. Time isn't always a factor in achieving something meaningful in an MMO. In fact I put only a fraction of the time into FF11 than i have with FF14, and yet everything I did in FF11 felt much more rewarding.

>put in NEET amount of hours into a old MMO
>WOW SO MUCH ACCOMPLISHMENT FOR 1% RATES

go back to your erp circlejerk

Except for the obvious issues it has.
>Certain mobs aren't properly balanced
>Too many skellies and ghouls
>OWNMs
>Handful of BCNMs don't work
>Certain jobs still don't work

why does some insecure FFXIV player always have to come into these threads and turn it into a war? I'm tired of it.

Attached: ffxifa.jpg (868x1200, 225K)

it felt more rewarding because you were younger, didn't know any better, and had more free time to kill. much less so now that you're an adult.

why do FFXI players always resort to ad hominem like

>y dont I have instant gratification ;_;
Your in-brain reward system is in for quite a shock once you stop living with your parents.

I was in highschool and probably played FF11 for a total of 15-18 hours a week.

Keep talking out of your asshole retard.

yeah now I'm an adult and reach end-game in FFXIV in about a week or two then wait half a year for new content.

>You never have to hide for a set amount of time because during that time enemies are too strong, because you fags would whine "wah wah I can't level/loot/farm now T_T"
I do that everyday in Eureka. Too bad you never made it past anemos/pagos.

Because that's literally 90% of FF14's playerbase. That and/or trannies.

>FFXI thread
>only 20 something unique posters
>FFXIV thread
>100+ unique posters

everytime.

Attached: yoshi1.jpg (1170x849, 127K)

FFXI was very aesthetically pleasing, but EXTREMELY difficult for an MMO and not at all user friendly. It also required you to invest ungodly amounts of time into it. My major gripes however were as follows:
>zones were FAR too big (yes really, especially when mobs aggro FOR THE ENTIRE ZONE and do not give up until either you/they are dead or you leave the zone)
>Most zones had no music
>ALL content was designed for party play, solo play was literally impossible
>Leveling was insanely time consuming (back when I played during ToAU)
The game cannot survive in today's market and as a whole was very poorly designed. MMOs nowadays need an incredibly user friendly interface and need to be casually tuned for the modern market. XIV does this flawlessly while XI failed.

XI was modeled after Everquest while XIV was modeled after WoW. I don't think you need to know much more than that to see why XIV succeeds and XI has been on its deathbed for years now.

most people playing XIV never played XI or are people leaving WoW. It makes me sad when I reference XI in a party in XIV and no one gets what the fuck I am talking about.

Attached: ffxicharged.jpg (1169x930, 814K)

No it was more because back then you couldn't do 99% of the games content solo, and actually had to make friends and work with other players to do things. This created a much more rewarding experience because you didn't just get some loot or experience, but you met people and remembered them.

>But I do exactly that!
>in an addition that came in 2018
>which makes the game similar to FF XI
>but XI bad, XIV good
You really are a fucking braindead moron.

Why do you need to make it into a war?

Attached: 1522392310323.png (5000x3600, 93K)

Ad hominem means trying to discredit the argument of someone else by calling him names.
Example:
>user 1: great argument
>user 2: you are a fucking double nigger (TN: you are simply wrong because I subjectively don't like your argument)

It's quite different to stating facts, which it is when XIV players get called idiots.

That's because they're all teenagers/early 20's.

I'm 29 and i literally feel like a grandpa in my FC right now.

most people I met on Primal DC are in their 20s/30s on average. there's a couple of people in my FC that are almost 40 and have multiple children and surprise surprise they cleared all of Eureka and are former FFXI/EQ boomers

Almost every zone had its own unique music. The fuck you on dude?

Because zoomers that play FF14 get defensive and think that if something else was good, then what they like must be bad.

Happens every time.

I never met a zoomer that has played a modern MMO. The sub fee already serves as a gate for them.

>zones too big
Subjective and honesty: dude wut? They weren't all that big. And there were tons of zone exits. Not too mention that getting aggro was your own fault. That's why every modern MMO is shit, because it has a cooky cutter mentality behind everything.

>most zones had no music
That's not true either. I have to go out of my way to find zones that have no music. It was mostly dungeons. Open zones with no music were rare, Valkurm Dunes being one of them.

>All content was designed for party play
Depends on what you define as content. Some people like to simply grind, and bst, pup and to some degree drg/whm could do that solo.
If you mean missions and stuff, well, it is an MMO after all.

>leveling was insanely time consuming
You could get to level 75 in like a month. Though, what I'm gonna admit is that this heavily relied on the played job. ToAU actually fastened your 60-75 levels immensely. This shit was dragging hard before ToAU.

>XI
>deathbed for years now
Another XIV fag proving how retarded you idiots are. XI was one of the biggest MMO's back then and the fact that it STILL is running and getting updates after, iirc, 19 years now is astounding. XI is so strong it even survived an attempted murder from SE sides when they tried to kill it off to get people to play XIV.

Whether they are or not, his argument stands. Age is irrelevant. This is the mentality of modern gamers these days.

>need to mod the game to play at 60FPS
>need to mod the game to play in borderless window mode
>need to mod the game to implement essential QoL features people use to get ahead of others
>still have to go through double authentication with playonline and ffxi servers

shitty game

FFXI has some of the comfiest music in the entire franchise.

>playing ffxi at 60FPS
Fucking why?

to make the game not feel like ass? lower framerate = higher input latency

Go play it then fucker, it's still running and getting updates.

youtube.com/watch?v=yUWw0qpwmqE
youtube.com/watch?v=K0rYk83Rt0A

Attached: 1538991245538.jpg (481x306, 36K)

100 faggots

word
youtube.com/watch?v=V_uc_sw3rfQ
youtube.com/watch?v=eJaFB4fk3dQ
youtube.com/watch?v=jaKmkoy1r7o

XIV is a game you can play for an hour or two each day, and enjoy. FFXI is a game you can play forever.

>Not using hd mods for avatars.

Attached: shiva.jpg (758x758, 89K)

those biddies are too big

Shiva your bobbies!

Left soul, right soulless

left star, right no star

>always think about either re subbing or joining a private server
>remember all the bullshit you have to do to get the game mostly functional with windower plugins and updates
I just wish it was easier. I don't have the patience for that stuff anymore.

Private servers have none of those issues. They all come prepacked with everything

Attached: kL2FMYN.jpg (3793x2105, 1.08M)

Really? So, I don't have to install a bunch of plugins and other stuff? I'll have to check that out.

youtube.com/watch?v=rNm8ftcl940

Attached: GAJqT1O.jpg (1920x1860, 732K)

I get bored out of my mind after 30 minutes of running around on FFXI after doing everything relevant.

private servers usually have repacks of the game for download with everything already setup. it's sad that the unofficial way to play the game is easier to get into than the official way.

While I would agree with you on the majority of the story, CoP was something truly special.

Boy FFXI was so great.
Remember when it took 30 minutes to walk across a zone to get to your group?
Remember when if you weren't flavor of the month job you sat LFG for 3 hours or more to get an exp party?
Remember when it would disband after 2 pulls?
Remember the game being cryptic as fuck and wouldn't tell you key details about your class abilities, requiring a guide (and the native client not supporting alt-tab)?
Remember being stuck on the Promyvions because you started them later than the poop-socking populace of the game so it took you forever to get a group to complete them?
Remember the PlayOnline launcher? (Did you remember your login info?)
Remember Absolute Virtue/Pandemonium Warden?
Remember the extreme lag in Beseiged?
Remember Moblin Maze Mongers?
Remember having to pay $$ for extra characters to use as storage because space was extremely limited?
Remember having no gear sets and having to go to a mog house to change classes? (Where did I put that Scorpion Harness??)
Remember leveling down from 75 and losing the ability to wear all your gear?
Remember only having 1 mount, only accessible from a Chocobo Stable in town and once you got off you had to walk everywhere?
Remember camping 24hr spawns and trying to beat high-dollar bots for key pieces of gear for your class, hoping another LS doesn't pk your group?
Remember single digit percentage point drop rates on key pieces of gear for your class from NPCs that take hours to spawn over a large area that's always camped by bots?
Remember when gilsellers ruined the market economy for close to a decade?
Remember thinking if you faced a specific cardinal direction on a specific element day on a specific moon phase to get the best skillups for crafting?
Remember having to level a class you hated because it was the optimal subjob for your main class?
Remember having to farm mobs for a quantity of low % drop items used to open a battlefield for another low % drop on the equipment required for your class?

You just described every open world game ever.

Yeah, I played retail for years and every time I resubbed, it was a headache.

Yeah I remember all that and it was still some of the best years of my life that gave me friendships that have lasted to this very day. Good times.

Attached: faust3.jpg (249x246, 26K)

Gets released.
Gets a modded PC port.
XI goes free to play.
(SE will probly end the game out of spite)

Actual Dark Souls of MMOs.

I always wanted to try XI but never had a PS2 or the network shit to go with it. Also, my PC's were dirtpoor status until I got a good job. Playing XIV now and having a good time and would like to try XI but its probably a time and place thing like DAOC was.

>it's bad so it must be good!

nah it was good despite all of that shit.

Attached: final-fantasy-xi-drake.jpg (1920x1080, 496K)

Attached: Tremor_ram.jpg (545x382, 38K)

>being this bad and orienting yourself, only Yhoator and Yhutunga jungles should make it hard for you
>being this bad at socializing and getting a steady group or being this much of a whimp and not just making your own group
>having bad luck = the game is at fault
>needing everything overexplained
>refer to the "being bad at socializing/organizing" point
>a bad launcher means the game is bad
>having actual super bosses means the game is bad
>I give you besieged
>I actually dont remember the maze thing
>I give you the mule/space argument
>being this bad at organizing your inventory and why the fuck would you want to swap your job on the fly, to PL aka "cheat"?
>not getting an adequate 75 buffer * (you could buff up 45k XP, fag)
>why isn't everything handed to me? what is trying to control the economy and ingame money?
>competition is bad
>why is actually stuff rare to get??
>RMT is an inherent problem of FF XI and the devs/game are at fault
>moon phase, day and direction actually do influence your crafting, faggot
>being this bad at getting a job to 37
>not getting tons of BS and KS simply by leveling, also refer to "being bad at socializing"
Apart from 2 points this all was "wah wah I'm a zoomer and need my instant gratification" or attacking the game with things that aren't the games fault.

>have to press the Ranged Attack button for each attack on a ranged class
so good!

this game was the single pest mmo experience i ever had even if my gaggle of friends tried to ruin it with their constant arguing at each other.

Attached: 1536351152538.gif (450x253, 1.42M)

xi is shit. If i wanted to play a fucking korea mmo id go play a free one with bigger titties.

Attached: 1537502411587.gif (382x554, 2.57M)

>XI

iirc you also needed an internet adapter, an eternate cable that could make it all the way to you ps2 and manage to actually fing a copy of the bundle because they were pretty rare in some cities. It was a gift to play that game back in those days, i ended up playing wow later on but i still wonder if i should've tried to make my parents do all that stuff for me to play ffxi.

hey man just because you wasted the better years of your life on a shitty video game doesn't mean you're a better player than anyone else, it just means you enjoy eating shit more than other people. If you found FFXI fun in the slightest you're a goddamn contrarian.

I love the way this dude would make the screen shake as he walked.

>wanting the job that at one point had the highest DPS have it's ranged attack on auto
Just asking to be killed in seconds

>doing something you enjoyed = wasted time
And you aren't wasting your time by playing XIV? Honestly, I didn't even think bad of you XIV people. But the more replies I read from you the more I think that you guys are mentally challenged.

Oh I get it, it's a feature not a bug!

>But the more replies I read from you the more I think that you guys are mentally challenged
that's just your personal bias showing

what's funny is I am pretty sure FFXI on PS2 is no longer supported outside of japan.

Neither of the console versions are supported

oh ok. I could have sworn people in japan were still playing on ps2s haha.

>destructoid.com/final-fantasy-xi-shuts-down-on-consoles-next-month-344915.phtml

When there is a fine line to tread on enmity values, it's THE best possible way to implement a ranged attack.

Do you actually think an auto-attack for ranged classes is a good thing?

>Do you actually think an auto-attack for ranged classes is a good thing?
Yes? Its not the player's fault that emnity generation was fucked on ranged attacks. The devs decided it was easier to just make the player mash a single button the whole fucking fight than it was to adjust emnity generation on ranged attacks. You're defending a bad combat system. Think about that.

>everyone consoling the ninja for becoming irrelevant
feels bad man

"no one shadow tanks no more nigguh. Get thee gone."

It's bad because you have to press a button and have more overall control over your character, as opposed to having it done automatically and potentially fucking up a tough fight that requires specific positioning?

Your argument is weak. You're essentially saying pressing a macro is bad game design, whilst having it happen automatically is good game design.

>t. automatic transmission driver

because FFXI is 17 years old you double gobbie, and also yoshi p almost outright killed FFXI with abyssea, which it had to recover from. I actually played FFXIV in 1.0 and after ARR released with friends from XI, and they all quit and went back to XI, so XIV is a shit show that can't outpace a 17 year old game, it only appeals to zoomers and trannies.

Boomers that want themepark MMOs just play WoW, and boomers that want real MMOs just play FFXI

>spreadsheets
>a real MMO

jeez user, just because FFXIV player base is absolute dogshit it doesn't mean FFXI is a good game.

How alive do you think FFXIV is? Pretty sure the numbers got leaked and it was just above 200k, so its not much more alive than FFXI at any rate. Fuckin' erping trannies