Can we talk about the greatest fighting game ever conceived?

Can we talk about the greatest fighting game ever conceived?

Attached: 51OgmwZptyL.jpg (337x500, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T2ghZxB3oLY
youtube.com/watch?v=yW9uSOEpiNI
youtube.com/watch?v=gIr19bBQ32k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

CvS 3 fucking when

Attached: capcom-vs-snk-2-capcom-vs-snk-millennium-fight-2000-mai-shiranui-snk-vs-capcom-svc-chaos-chun-li-str (728x500, 116K)

bump

>A-groove Bison

Attached: paintthefencejustright.png (357x358, 98K)

HE CAME OUT WITH THE SNEAKY SURPRISE ATTACK AT THE START OF THE ROUND

That's not a tekken game

>Capcom vs SNK
>mostly SF vs KoF and Morrigan's sprites recycled for the nth time

Attached: 1471102599264.jpg (956x873, 343K)

The pinnacle of 2d fighting games.

>Can only C-groove and N-groove

I've seen people do some cool shit with A and K but I'm too shit for those.

truly the greatest. A-groove custom combo was the hypest shit.

Too bad SNK can't get their shit together so that Capcom vs SNK 3 can happen.

>Mr.Wizard is getting rid of shit games like Melee to pay way for great games like CvS2 to return to EVO
BASED

well yeah, the main appeal is that it's a clash between 2 companies known for their fighting games. it'd only make sense most of the cast'd be from their biggest fighting franchises

A groove is freaking black magic, at least is not as broken as V-ism in alpha 3.

well that and that capcom screw them over with the sales of the crossover games, unless someone at SNK states the contrary, there is still bad blood in the SNK staff for capcom.

I like these games but I was disappointed by the cast a bit

It would be neat to see a Capcom vs SNK with that branches out a bit more with the franchises, like a Metal Slug fighter

I agree, why the fuck we got boring fuckers like Todo over way more popular characters like Leona or Genjuro.
Hell even Todo's daughter would had made more sense than him.

>YFW no Ikari warriors

Attached: guile agitated.gif (80x96, 2K)

To be honest, CvS 2 cast is much better than CvS1. At least we get a few original characters here and there, cause CvS 1 was purely KoF vs SF.
The best possible combination would be CvS 2 Capcom side with a few tweaks versus SvC Chaos SNK side with no A-Groove and no Roll Cancel

get scolded by a nigga who cpuld be YOUR father

kys todo 4life

THIS IS TRUE LOVE WE'RE MAKING

I didn't mind Todoh so much because this was his first appearance as a fighter since his debut in the Art of Fighting, and he was the first opponent in one of SNK's most iconic fighters

Attached: kof96026.png (608x448, 8K)

bitch please nobody gives a fuck about Todo, fuck I remember more about fuckers like Axel Hawk and Franco Bash than him.

> tfw you realize this is the only time where Akuma was happy

Facing someone like Rugal probably hyped him up

Attached: Happy Akuma.png (875x900, 754K)

>greatest fighting game
>half of the grooves and 70% of the cast are worthless

Whatever you say, C groove Sagat/Blanka/Guile trash

If you want to be technical, KoF is a crossover itself. It was really only Capcom who was slacking on the roster side of things.

While I thought Capcom Vs SNK2 was a much better game, I thought SvC Chaos had much stronger novelty appeal

Attached: murder.jpg (1105x669, 79K)

The gamecube EO version was stupid and fun as fuck

>Axel Hawk
Was he th guy no-one could remember if he was supposed to be black or white?

It had Rival School, SamSho, and damn Final Fight
you star queer

what was different with that version?

>the Capcom characters were generally much better than the SNK characters
What did they mean by this?

Sure I do love playing Street fighter vs capcom featuring SNK.

Attached: 1543628178952.png (1672x1440, 405K)

yep, kinda like Birdy was at some point

Not a lot of SNK were designed to abuse A-Groove it seems, and it ended up being a really important part of the meta.
I'm glad to know that my waifu Hibiki was at least somewhat playable at high level.
Also, I guess there was K-Groove Haohmaru, but I'm not sure how viable that was.

don't you mean Street fighter (+ one darkstalker and one rival school character) vs SNK

Why the fuck did they puck Kyosuke on the cover? Why the fuck did they put Kyosuke in the game?

youtube.com/watch?v=T2ghZxB3oLY

Attached: 1509122067715.png (520x600, 290K)

I'd kill for clark

Don't forget about Maki. And I can also give them Eagle, since they just did not recycle him from another game at least.
But yeah, it's still pretty weak.

Rival Schools was somewhat popular at the times. I guess they didn't put Batsu in because there were already too many shoto-ish characters.

thats good shit

Attached: 1551240306118.gif (200x153, 2.48M)

>Expect her to be solo Tier 4 against a Tier 1
>She's actually just Tier 2
Based Hibiki. But yeah, God Rugal and Shin Gouki lifebars were fucking hilarious.

Reminds me of this.

youtube.com/watch?v=yW9uSOEpiNI

>SVC was supposed to have Dante.

Zero is cool, but damn, what a waste of opportunity.

Attached: 1536804233804.jpg (360x270, 6K)

You could play in Arcade Style with regular combos, or play in EO style and launch combos with the C-stick, so to launch a Hadouken you only had to push the stick to the right. It also removed roll cancel

Pretty based taste on this thread

SvC was the worse game mechanically, but it terms of design it was gorgeous.

While some characters like Chun-Li, M. Bison, and most the SNK cast got beautiful new sprites, a lot was recycled in CVS 2 from the alpha series (Sagat, Zangief, Vega etc.) or, y'know, Darkstalkers.

Demitri was particularly well done.

Attached: svc-block[1].gif (150x156, 4K)

in terms of roster I still feel the NGPC version of SNK vs Capcom had the best picks

Attached: svc.png (478x268, 223K)

I guess he had a bit of dark-horse appeal, and he's pretty cool.

Attached: shotoscum.jpg (207x320, 39K)

Attached: akumabowl.jpg (1280x720, 121K)

Is Batsu any more of a shoto than Kyosuke?

SVC sprites are traced from capcom games then tweaked a bit.

SF2 Characters are a bit iffy since they are traced from Super. Now Tessa and Hugo are carbon copy of CPS3 sprites. But Balrog is Heavy D.

Attached: DemitriAnimation.gif (96x172, 16K)

you are right about Maki but Eagle comes from Street Fighter 1.

Now if only Hamster would also release NGP titles...

He's actually not the biggest shoto of Rival Schools (that would be Hideo) and yeah, Kyosuke is also kinda shoto-ish, but Batsu is more.
He's got a regular fireball instead of that weird double projectile.
While he doesn't get airborne for his Dragon Punch, he looks much more like a Dragon Punch that Kyousuke weird wall of electricity.
I think he also has a sort of tatsu while Kyosuke gets that somersault.

Sorry but all vs games are kusoge

what the fuck? What's with that damage?

Attached: 0c3851c502cf75aab59fd45b2de0ce59.jpg (872x535, 214K)

Wasn’t SvC only made to finish up the licensing deal with capcom?

Yes, I know, but they gave him a new sprite, is what I mean. So I kinda want to count him as a "new" character in that sense, unlike the rest of the cast that look like it's been ported directly from Alpha, 3 and Darkstalkers.

SF vs KOF: The Tournament >>>>> "what if we added aliens and dinosaurs XD"

Some attacks deal fuckload of damage on counters.

Pic extremely related.

Attached: 1548168313037.jpg (1280x720, 102K)

Yes and they ended up reusing assets from SVC due to the bankruptcy and being low on time. They had to rush out SVC so they can do KOF 2003 before the year was over.

Duo Lon has Chun-li's super for example. If SNK never went bankrupt their crossover would've been great, but shit happens.

You had Tier mode in that game, where each player could make a team with anything between one and three characters. Then you had 4 "points" do distribute between your characters, and that would influence their health pool and damage.
As such, a team with only one character would be Tier 4. With 2 characters, you could have one Tier 3 and one Tier 1, or two Tier 2. And for 3, One Tier 2 and two Tier 1.
So in that video, Hibiki is already Tier 2, so that makes her stronger than Shin Gouki. Also, Shin Gouki is a secret boss character normally, and his health is ridiculously low by default. And finally, he eats a counter-attack of Hibiki extremely damaging level 3 hyper. So yeah, all that together amounts to a dead Shin Gouki.

Not him, but Final Fight has basically turned to Street Fighter since they did use Street Fighter Sprites or Reused them for Street Fighter

Kek, I'll always think of TvC's JP training song when I see that photo

He's asking about the Dudley vs Yun video.

Fuck me, my bad.
Then it's just that Dudley's cross counter is proportional to the damage taken, and Yun's super deals a ton of damage.

I just wish SNK was in charge of the character picks, SvC had awesome shit like Mars People and Demitri and Neo Geo Battle Coliseum roster was incredible

My nigger!
First game I bought a pad for and it was the best of times!
Plus, grade A announcer!

any problem with my boi?

Attached: marspeople-svc-highshot.gif (210x132, 57K)

>BLOCKS YOUR PATH

Attached: E1EB9FAB-5E42-4264-B942-A4735EEFFF53.jpg (310x233, 27K)

The fact that they picked Demitri over Morrigan puts SNK over any other company that handles crossovers. The OG face of the DS series.

Man the American box art is terrible.

Attached: 315517-capsnk2_boxart.jpg (615x800, 138K)

Honestly trying to put on neo geo was a mistake, game had good ideas around but really suffered from limitations and being rushed.

But also dat Shin Akuma/Karate theme and stage.

1. Chaos can be stupid fun 2. Don't pretend Capcom is above Dinosaurs & Aliens

Attached: 150381-Capcom_Fighting_Evolution_(USA)-1495018344.jpg (1600x992, 187K)

I hated how all the Capcom characters are overpowered-good, whereas all the SNK characters suck-ass. Specifically, Dictator, Blanka, and Sagat were way too OP. These characters straight up ruin the game.

Don't forget it also let you use Charge moves without doing any charging. You could finally experience what its like being CPU Vega.

Capcom bias at it's finest.

too bad Hol Horse ruins the game, specially online.

Adding Genjuro, Earthquake and Shiki instead of the common Samsho picks was also ballsy

>SVC Bison is bottom tier.

Zero is broken as always but take some effort. Geese is braindead.

Attached: 1547995095970.png (458x467, 65K)

SNK won't allow it!!
>COCK BLOCKED!!!

>An official Dante Sprite outside of PXZ
Holy fuck what a missed opportunity.

based shinkiro i love george clooney

Zero, Red Arremer and Athena instead of idol athena was really unexpected.

Even better because it was megaman zero instead of X design.

Like Capcom was gonna be fine with it, which is probably why SNK said it wouldn't happen again. I'd rather an Arika vs SNK at this point.

Attached: IMG_20180806_130759.jpg (1448x2048, 676K)

>Even better because it was megaman zero instead of X design.

Attached: bison blerg.gif (628x428, 388K)

Attached: 1547800442337.webm (320x240, 723K)

SNK got really fucked with the terms of the first crossover so I don't blame them, around the time Capcom tried to do a crossover with Sammy/Arcsys too and got dropped because they tried the same shit.
Speaking about ArcSys, last EVO there was a pic with SNK and Arc employees so it would be a cool crossover too

god that game felt half-assed

It was literally Capcom's own MUGEN

Not gonna lie, still had fun with this. I remember teaching some of my friends how to hadoken and shoryuken motion with this one.
I also genuinely liked Ingrid's moveset and thought she was a pretty cool character.

>Ratio 4 K Groove Haohmaru

A bit of SamSho too at least. I think the biggest issues are only one 3S character and almost no big bodies.

Attached: 1548930002049.jpg (522x522, 110K)

As if CvS2 and MvC2 weren't?

SVC Chaos was better.

youtube.com/watch?v=gIr19bBQ32k

I remember back in the day people complained that it didn't have any of the post 98 characters, and there was a rumour that SNK wouldn't allow them to be used, because they wanted give people more of an incentive to play their own games.
Anyone know if that's true?

Attached: Bao, the Hundred Hymen Destroyer.jpg (550x934, 97K)

SVC Chaos biggest sin is not having evasion rolls.

Itsuno directed CvS2, and he also did Rival Schools.

Attached: 1534871343767.jpg (1024x581, 53K)

The main difference is that in CFAS they literally threw the characters from different games in with their own mechanics.

I would cut Capcom some slack for that, because they'd at least created around twenty new sprites with the direct prequel, and still had half a dozen new sprites for this one.
How many were made for Jam/Evolution? 1?

Just Ingrid

Huh? What about Rock?

Rock wasn't on KoF due to timeline issues

I find it amazing people can bitch about grooves. Like I get not being impressed by a crossover game existing in the first place. But this is the singular game to actually have fights across fighting systems, allowing people to drop in with relatively intact instincts from those games.

To be honest, how many of us are really affected by this high-level shit? How many of us are playing amongst people where we can't win unless we restrict ourselves to tournament-winning characters and grooves?

Attached: deepandtechnical.jpg (569x454, 252K)

>Capcom vs SNK
>all the SNK characters are trash and all the top tiers are Capcom
good bants

Attached: 1496166662575.gif (245x250, 967K)

Man, that drawing takes me back.