The Division 2 launch sales just 20% of Division 1's

eurogamer.net/articles/2019-03-18-the-division-2-physical-launch-sales-just-20-percent-of-division-1

>Ubisoft's latest Tom Clancy-'em-up shifted just 20 per cent of the boxed copies of its predecessor.

pfffthahahahaha. Looks like Epic paid millions of dollars for a flop.

Attached: 5c41c5ed5bafe30f755a50b2.jpg (470x470, 48K)

It's not an exclusive, most people bought it on uplay. Epic just paid to not be on steam.

>boxed copies

didn't realise they even still sell physical media lmao

so is it any good?

I seem to remember them bragging about pre orders being better than ever since they left steam, is it possible they misrepresented the true or flat out filed? Nah couldn't be

Most console sales are physical still so if it sold 20% that's a massive flop.

This. Ubishit deserves to fail. Would have uninstalled uplay if it wasn't for anno

>Epic just paid to not be on steam.
How petty

Digital sales have been growing very quickly on console though especially among normalfags. Games like this that are online only also tend to skew people towards digital because a physical copy is useless.

That was just Epic shills they would always ignore the part of their linked article where it showed people were just skipping the epic launcher entirely and getting it on uplay.

Not that quickly bro, cope harder.

Okay sure thing

They were bragging about preorders on UPLAY was 6 times higher than D1's uplay number, which is a fucking 'no shit' because D2 isn't on steam.

Epic Game Store, a flop containing nothing but flops.

>Games like this that are online only also tend to skew people towards digital because a physical copy is useless.
This. As much as I hate Ubisoft and want to see this trash game fail, there's a good chance a lot of this game's sales on consoles will come from digital copies. Normalfags just can't get enough of these soulless loot shooters.

im not into loot shooters but the first game just feels real fucking boring after 3 hours, even with friends, even when things like the UI is amazing and the gameplay seems alright.

from what i've seen of 2, it's like a content pack for the first game, it looks exactly the same

Is talking about boxed copy sales even relevant? Especially when there are big shifts in the digital market right now.

For example, I'd assume Metro Exodus to sell more boxed copies because it's a pain in the ass to get a digital sale through the Epic store.

D1 didn't release on Steam either.

Genuine question: is this game fun and why?

it's just another srs bsns mature game for mature gamers such as myself from Ubisoft, if you played one, you played them all

Boxed copies, not overall

damage control

the division should have had a single player component, the presentation is top notch

It fills me with great joy to see that the video game market seems to be declining.

Attached: 1531482458335.png (503x568, 279K)

I'm shocked that people are actually learning not to buy looter shooters

>Destiny is kill
>Anthem is kill
>Division is kill

Attached: 43205964_2359486930938875_7612470503560471779_n.jpg (460x460, 38K)

>I seem to remember them bragging about pre orders being better than ever since they left steam, is it possible they misrepresented the true or flat out filed? Nah couldn't be
You really think UK retail sales are in any way relevant when talking about the sales of the PC version?

The boxed copy of Metro just includes an Epic Store key

thats a lie

retard

Attached: metro-exodus-physical-pc-580x334.jpg (580x334, 35K)

As much as i want to see this game fails, that doesn't mean much.
The first Division was really successful with 277000 copies sold in the UK in the same timeframe.
This means the Division 2 sold around 55000 copies.
By comparison, DMC5 sold around 20000 copies.
Anyway, without digital sales numbers we can only speculate.

Looks like someone isn't enjoying Season of the Drifter

Attached: Drifter.gif (250x350, 1.51M)

Only major differences are TTK is lower in D2, on story mode, more powers to choose from with some being a downgrade, healing station, and mods now having a + and - for no fucking reason other "muh balance" which could have been accomplished by just curbing the numbers instead of letting mods get to +100% ammo, +35% reload speed, +17.5% stability on one magazine mod.

Anthem is trash and I'm not going to pay for DLC to fix Destiny 2 just like they pulled with Destiny 1. This is the only loot shooter I can stand to play with friends.

Fuck them and fuck the boot lickers who still defend D2 after they pulled the same shit that happened with D1 and got caught outright rigging the system for premium boxes, twice.

>retail-boxed
>2019

fuck off idiot

Honestly, with everything that's gone wrong with D2 since it's launch, I can tell that a majority of the problems stemmed from the publisher breathing down Bungie's neck to make money instead of putting the players and game first. Season of the Drifter is the first time Bungie has been in 100% control of their game and it's already the best season in the game, with the story beginning to actually matter to your character.
Fuck lootboxes and microtransations. Bringing loot back into the actual game is where Destiny is at right now and Gambit Prime and Reckoning are great game modes.

>boxed
lol

Compared to every other loot shooter that has anemic cannon fodder enemies and a focus on stats over tactics (including Division 1), Division 2 has very aggressive enemies, very well designed environments and a focus on the shooting over the grinding for incrementally better gear. Many of the effects on gear is also a lot more utility based with neat gimmicks that alter your playstyle. It's a shooter first, RPG second.

Yeah, let's talk about that niggress instead, now that's a real problem.

I bet a lot of people who buy a boxed copy don't know that before they order.

It was a pretty overrated game anyway.

I'll get it on steam in a few years for 75% off.

>Make shite game
>Doesn't sell as well as expected
Is this supposed to be surprising?

Attached: 1551561618351.png (713x611, 26K)

That sounds pretty good. Along with no bullshit DLC. Still Ubisoft though. Should I try this game?

>First game is shit
>Everybody knows it's shit
>Second game fixes this, but everyone rememberes the first was shit and don't bother buying it and risk getting stung again
It's almost like i've seen this dozens of times before

If it's good, it's good. Word will get out with such a major release. And AAA releases always trick a substantial number of people into buying. This time, they might have been tricked into buying a good game. I don't think the game will not have enough critical mass in customers because of that.

>frogposter

People bitch and moan about anthem's launch, but as someone who played a ton of early d1, d1 was far worse. Bugs, worthless legendary weapons, exploits, damage and difficulty scaling through the retard roof, etc.

Theres a reason that the devs couldnt complete the first new piece of content on stream without help from "exploited" gear. The internet hate train didnt catch on until, like, an expansion in, but by then no one cared.

>physical
Lol @ u

this game is fun, i just wish i wouldn't play it in co-op. I am unable to take in any of the stories, echoes, cellphone conversations etc when playing with my friend_