Anyone else found it kinda disappointing?

Anyone else found it kinda disappointing?
I liked the story ultimately, but it just meanders too much. The overabundance of stealth sections didn't help either. The Caspian especially felt really pointless.

Attached: metroexoduswinter[1].jpg (1200x630, 615K)

It has its ups and downs but it's an enjoyable game overall.
Still better than your average AAA tripe coming out nowadays.

I did like it, but was expecting more.

im about 3 hours in and liking it so far. didnt think id enjoy it because im sick of open world games but apparently metros gameplay is really good unlike far cry

Are you at the Volga?

probably, i just found a guitar in a tower and on my way to get a teddy bear

>Still better than your average AAA tripe coming out nowadays.
>metros gameplay is really good unlike far cry
The hypocrisy is astounding. Far Cry 5 is almost (5+ min escape sequence) completely free-roaming from the get go, has an infinitely bigger, dynamic and more beautiful world, better weaponry, and can be played completely co-op for 99% of the game.

>far cry 5 has bigger world and co-op therefore its better
okay zoomer

Those are only 2 of the points I listed. Another which I didn't, is that Metro is way more on-rails with stealth sections that are not organic because the dev gives you obvious routes to take.

>bigger world=better
wrong
>better weapons
no? The game plays like shit. The guns feel like shit to use. It's like you're handling a pea shooter.

Bigger is better if the quality is otherwise the same. However not only is FC5 bigger but it's also more dynamic and beautiful.

90% of the game felt unfocused due to the open environments. The things to explore and find were boring at best and it took for fucking ever to get anywhere with the very limited stamina.

The series needs the oppressive and focused gameplay of the metro tunnels imo. Gives you a meaningful sense of progression and scale rather than having to listen to the mechanic talk about the car for 30 fucking minutes while you wish you were dead.

As good as the others but there was groundwork and effort that easily could have been so much better. Caspain was too big/long, Ark was just awful, Taiga needed a little more before it was all stealth sections with Pioneer unless you want the bad end. Dead City was great.

Who cares about that though when everyhing else is shit.
Quality is pretty mediocre throughout famalam.

>zoomer
You do realise that the Metro series itself exists to streamline existing slavic jank games for the zoomer audience, right?

>FC5 bigger but it's also more dynamic and beautiful
Fuck you.
I've played that shit for hours on end. The world layout is full of funnels, the weapons and shooting is dogshit, the unconquered areas is like a riot and the pacified areas are deader that Seeds Sneeds.
The progression system is the biggest offender of all.
>what's that your 200 ft in the air and you're in the middle of something?
>fuck you sleep arrow
Primal is better than FC5.

Kill yourself

It's a decent game, and thats the worst thing about it.

Everything good about this game was already done by the other two and probably better. And everything that this one adds is not good enough to make it memorable.

It's one of those games that years from now you see somewhere and you go "shit, there were three of these games?"

>It's one of those games that years from now you see somewhere and you go "shit, there were three of these games?"
Like DMC?

Not a big fan of DMC but they sure are more memorable than Metro. I don't know why you brought that game up.

Don't know why you think DMC2 and 3 are particularly more memorable than Metro 2 + 3.

You know damn well why user brought it up. Eitherway hes a fag.

It felt like something got taken away from the Metro series by moving it away from the Metros. That deep, dark, haunted mutant infested shithole was the signature of the franchise.

>stealth sections
Was there any forced stealth outside of Taiga?
I'm pretty sure I run and gunned my way through every other area and I was playing on ranger hard core too.

There wasn't because I specifically set out to do a rambo playthrough in ranger hardcore and it worked just fine

Never played 2 or 4 for that matter. As I said, not a big fan. But DMC3 is one of the top games of its genre and certainly a much better game than any of the Metros.