Dragon Age

>first game is dark, edgy and has designs that look straight ripped from a metal cover
>second game has a cartoonish look and sarcastic Hawke was definitely the way the developers built the game around (since good and evil is boring af), but is still dark and edgy at times (your mother get's her head cut off and put on another body)
>third game is straight up Tolkien high fantasy

I like all 3 (dun hate me for liking 2 pls), but why couldn't they just stay with the dark, dirty and full edge approach, that was fun, I like fun.

Attached: Creature-Broodmother.jpg (1398x808, 249K)

cuz no more blight no more edge

2 happens during the blight

I don't hate you for liking 2. I hate you for liking 3.

First game is as Tolkien as it gets

I'm sorry user, but I had fun :(

>third game is straight up Tolkien high fantasy
Explain (You)rself.

>dun
There are a number of reasons for which I hate you. This is foremost among them.

I only played the first one but I remember it being mostly awful. All the charcters were mentally ill pyschopaths. Is there any point in playing the sequels?

Dragon Age was always classic High Fantasy. Just because it has some edge doesn't mean it's suddenly Dark Fantasy.

>Tolkien high fantasy
Fucking retard, stop using words you don't understand.
Tolkien wasn't high fantasy.
All 3 DA games are high fantasy.

>he reads fantasy
KEK! Virgin

>third game is straight up Marvel capeshit
Fixd

I'm sorry user, but I read several articles that claimed that the sub genre "high fantasy" started with Tolkiens Hobbit and LOTR, Wikipedia states the same.

3rd game had edgy stuff like that bit where you're in the future

Attached: 1523208480692.jpg (475x476, 71K)

I missed the quest because I went to the Templer first tho. I recently started a second playthrough (the last was late 2017).

>I like all 3
The first one was barely okay. The rest were unplayable. Kill yourself.

You mean were Leliana had supposedly been tortured but didn't look physically damaged at all?

Dragon Age got less dark because of SJW writers. They've pretty much admitted this themselves

2 > inquisition

First Dragon Age alredy had the quality of a disappointing sequel. You could figure the subsequent releases wouldn't be much better.
The second was meant to be a DLC for the first, but they stretched out enough to make it a standalone game. The third was just awful. Almost like they purposely hired antifun police to supervise the development.

Like I said, articles I read about the subject and the wiki page all claim that high fantasy started with Tolkien.
If that's completely wrong I'm sorry, I only have casual information about that subject.

True imo origins is overrated, but it had a real sense of adventure, decent environments and decent quests, 2 did feel like a dlc, 3 is just a retarded singleplayer mmo not worth my time

Only for the prologue, in which
>Your home is destroyed
>Your sibling gets killed
>Aveline's husband gets killed
>Entire family turned into refugees in one of the most inhospitable cities around
>Discover that your supposedly rich uncle is actually piss broke and can't help you
By the time you meet Varric the Blight's over.

>Almost like they purposely hired antifun police to supervise the development
That's not far from the truth. I remember reading that they cut out a storyline involving rape because it made someone on the writing staff uncomfortable

I haven't played inquisition but at the same time I digged the fairy tale like world of divinity OS and OS2 even if they kinda changed it up a bit in 2 it was still that over the top really high fantasy.

Both can be enjoyable imo.

Most blatant shill thread on Yea Forums right now

Both the Branka quest in DA1 as well as the entire Serial killer questline resulting in the death of your mother in DA2 felt like cheap shockvalue that came out of nowhere to me.

Attached: 1471654530318.png (555x407, 13K)

Attached: DA3 in a nutshell.png (854x880, 1.03M)

But cutting someone's mom to pieces and attaching the head on someone else's corpse is fine and dandy?

He's right you know.

As much as i hate Cisquisition, did you forget the entire Dales map that is a burned and ravaged battlefield where the corpses get piled up in massgraves to get burned before a plague breaks out?

That would probably have been to edgy for Inquisition desu

The scene where your mums frankenstein corpse turns around was hysterical because it was so fucking cringy.

Attached: 1535441867594.jpg (717x499, 80K)

It's funny how the game were you controll the "Inquisition" is the least violent and dark in tone and also the one where you're pigeonholed the most into being a good guy

My biggest gripe with 3 is that even if one of their maps is bigger than all of 2 combined it still managed to be emptier.
Still can't believe what they portrayed as Val Royeux. A fountain Plaza and market hub. Whoop dee fucking doo.

Kek

Attached: 1475521559647.jpg (1920x1878, 1.22M)

The broodmothers are a good concept for a corruptive adversary.
Hawkes' mother dying felt like a final kick to the nutsack before the ending.

Yeah when i played the game i literally couldn't believe that was all of it and looked for loading doors that lead to different districts of the city or something.

>First game
>Made by Bioware

>Second game
>Made by whatever was left of Bioware after EA bought them and everyone left
Gee, its almost like 99% of the work on Mass Effect and Dragon Age were done before the buyout, and literally every game """""bioware""""" has made since then has been shit

Attached: image.png (112x112, 7K)

>people itt unironically hating on DAO

Brainlets.

>retard genuinely liking DAO

Attached: 1475277962014.gif (700x704, 295K)

>not being completely neutral about every game and having no opinion whatsoever so no one can criticize you

Whats wrong with it?
It was literally the last game made by classic Bioware, its not a great game but it had tonnes of potential, same with the first Mass Effect. Bioware didn't start to be bad until DA2/ME2, see

Bioware is full of hacks.

this is a very transphobic, misogynist, racist post.

>Being such a sheep you can't form your own opinion
Eat Shit user

2 has the best companion, at least.

Attached: 74c89573aceb2f856a2348521e84b7ed.jpg (500x667, 72K)

>responding seriously to shitposts

I don't think there's even a single decapitated head in Inquisition. The worst thing is people turning into skeletons in front of the elven temple.

It's not as good as other RPG titles that have already existed by then. Its story is beyond simple and was done perfectly straight, so, nothing to brag about in that direction. The skill tree is even more straightforward than the story, it's boring, unimaginative and, again, far worse than the ones in other big RPGs at that time.
It had an interesting feature with all that background stuff, but, in the end, it was too insignificant to matter.
Basically, all about this game is bad or, at the very least, mediocre.

cute but a little bit retarded. i liked her accent. didnt have that slag accent like sera.

>collecthatons
>empty maps
>mmo combat
>shit rpg systems
>boring narrative
>flat companions
>THAT FUCKING FACEBOOK GAME TABLE WITH ACTUAL INTERESTING SHIT IN IT
>SURE WISH I GET TO PLAY THOSE SCENARIOS, YOU KNOW, INQUISITIONING AND SHIT

>Basically, all about this game is bad or, at the very least, mediocre.
I thought it was a pretty decent step forward for Bioware, and while its not my favourite game of theirs by a long shot, and it had a lot of poorly written shit (which honestly I think had to do with EA since they did have a minor influence on development around the end, I wouldn't be shocked if they were the reason why that gay elf goes from trying to kill you to asking you if he can suck your dick 5 minutes later). I genuinely enjoyed the game though, for all of its faults and rough edges, it still felt like an actual RPG.

>like an actual RPG
An MMORPG.
It wasn't really what people was expecting when they said they were going to top both Origins and 2. It's bigger but that's about the only thing it did better.
It along with Titanfall and Bioshock is what broke my faith in the AAA market.

Are you talking about Dragon Age 3? Cause I'm talking about Origins, you should have caught on to that when I kept bringing up how they made it before being bought out by EA.
Who the fuck actually bought DA2 and 3?

Don't hit where it hurts, user.

Titanfall 2 is probably the best FPS when it comes to these last few years, are you talking about the unfortunate release date to make it flop?

Talking about the first one.

To me DAO was a well-executed "traditional" RPG with a few gimmicks.

The combat could be challenging and required some thinking in the higher difficulties (basically not letting the enemy rogues getting to your mages and managing health and mana in long sections like the Deep Roads).

Generic setting and story but well-crafted with the interesting varied origins that do feel quite different.

The usual RPG party with colorful characters but this is the last pre SJW Bioware game so no black queen and you have many roleplaying options due to not being voiced. Being able to recruit Loghain was a nice tweest.

8/10 for me.

>managing health and mana
I could remember wrong but weren't your health and mana restored after each fight?

Fucking fence-sitter

>cute, energetic girl
They're pretty much a staple of Bioware RPGs, though.

Attached: 01.png (843x538, 615K)

What? She looked like 200 years old zombie

Here's the problem. Dark Fantasy requires the world to be in a state that modern writers feel is "problematic."

You think the dweebs at Bioware these days could think of using something as horrid as a Broodmother? No, way too many problematic and triggering elements to that character and design.
Think they'd have your sister be kidnapped to be raped, only for you to save her then take a bribe and let her be raped anyway?

Current Bioware, and most developers, don't have the balls to do Dark Fantasy properly.

Bioware has been shit since Baldur's Gate 2 and don't kid yourself.

There weren't shit, just past their prime.
They've certainly been shit since EA though

You're describing cisquisition, not Origins.

>Desire Demon no longer in the game
>I wonder why

Cute and fun to bullymance