ITT 10/10 games only

ITT 10/10 games only

Attached: SQ_SNES_SuperMetroid.jpg (1000x1000, 536K)

inb4 gbabbies

Outdated

Attached: Giant_Spider.jpg (640x360, 23K)

You first.

>Try it out
>Platforming is hell
>Walljumping is a mistery
>Momentum is fucked
>The fucking sand
>Progress gets halted if you missed a single square that could be broken
If those problems got solved it would be 10/10

Why is he naked all the time while his goons are dressed?

Don't be silly user, HK is a 10/10 and so is super metroid!

Pic related user :)

The controls are difficult to get used to but once you actually get good with them the game controls like a dream. You should practice movement, especially walljumping, once you get it down you'll be travelling up a single wall.

Where's the spi-OHFUCKINGGOD

He wore clothes for a little bit during Prime 1 and 3 and in SR, but he decided to ditch the armor to flap around his huge cock to taunt Samus.

It appears by fading in from darkness

You'll shit bricks

Do you know how hard it is to find clothes that size? Besides he spends most of the time in a very hot area. Would be uncomfortable.

They're great, but not perfect.
Sorry.

Not sure if 10/10, it's on my top 10 though. It still got some annoyances and the difficulty is all over the place.

I would say this is 10/10 despite me not being a Kojimafag

Attached: 51F1DMYNN0L._AC_SX430_.jfif.jpg (373x500, 42K)

Agreed
Overrated

Attached: chronotrigger.jpg (750x380, 213K)

>:)

Attached: SotCcoverPAL.jpg (1644x2034, 715K)

Lethally stupid user.

You're great as well user, but you aren't perfect. But you're still a 10/10 user. :)

>But you're still a 10/10 user
You only say that because you don't know me.
I'm fucking shit.

One of the most overrated games ever.

>americans will never know that feel of playing a perfect game

Attached: snes-terranigma.jpg (800x560, 142K)

Attached: pokemon_red__blue__green_and_yellow_covers_by_morei_sky-d6oxpnk.png (400x400, 349K)

i never really get anywhere after beating those first towers that represent the continents, what happens after that

the underworld towers are basically only the prologue

Attached: 1875237-box_mgs2.png (422x526, 430K)

>replaying SotC, on the third colossus with the huge sword
>just hanging back watching how he moves
>at one point he stops advancing towards me and looks off into the distance
>mfw he's looking right at one of the light pillars coming out of the corpse of a colossus I killed
Jesus I never knew

Attached: 1552867305932.jpg (563x503, 21K)

I've played through it about 8 times now and I've never even heard of this or seen it

Attached: 1546874962924.jpg (509x625, 31K)

You rebuild the world, step by step, on a much bigger scale. It gets just much better after that, you're really missing out.

Any questions?

9/10 because of that godawful control scheme.

Attached: dkc2.jpg (640x450, 57K)

The control freak patch makes super metroid a 10/10

Gunstar Heroes and Tomba are the only 10/10s I've played

Attached: Gunstar_boss_1.png (650x455, 363K)

Without Maridia it would be.

plays better than i ever hoped for holy shit

also this i hope they never even think about remaking this, it's already perfect

Attached: devil-may-cry-5.jpg (752x423, 158K)

Sorry boys, both good games but could be better

Attached: castlevania.jpg (1200x800, 195K)

No need to be so negative about yourself user, I'm sure you're a great person!

Attached: 51S9XV6G0ZL.jpg (374x500, 52K)

Attached: earthbound.png (350x326, 179K)

This. I never really understood how SM could be regarded a classic when it got completely outdone only a couple of years later.
SOTN is such a marvel of design, its not funny anymore. And it corrects so many wrongs of SM, mainly the shitty level designs with varying background colours, tight and responsive controls, decent attacks and enemy variations instead of just throwing the same shit on you.

The biggest difference is how in SM you're constantly fighting against the game/ level design to get something done, but in SOTN you fight the actual enemies.

Both are 10s. They shit on Symphony

Literally.
And this of course.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-18 Chrono Cross Review.png (1172x287, 42K)

He's the well known leader of the bunch for a reason

Attached: large.jpg (1280x720, 197K)

>sotn has better level design than super metroid
I have no idea how it's possible for someone to hold an opinion this wrong

Attached: 51ewF7Dl8KL.jpg (291x500, 54K)

genwunner

SotN level design is worse tho’. Nothing but hallways with shitty enemies full of weapons that most of the time aren’t worth the trouble to get. Very few abilities work as progression enablers. RPG mechanics bring the genre down.

I played this and CT back to back because I had the import adapter, and it seriously destroyed Trigger for me on so many levels. But since the internet is american, the game sadly always had a shadow existence. But man was it good.

This, but the opposite of everything you said.

>SM level design
>here's a tube with some obstacles now and then and green background lighting
>here's another tube but this time its purple background lighting
wow. its either that or verticality. sotn fluid design shits on sm so badly its not funny anymore.

the only reason why anyone would put sm on a pedestral is quite frankly nostalgia. a game with this bland level design and swampy controls has no place in the ~vania pantheon anymore except for its status on "doing it first"

Backtracking was utter ass.

pokemon was never above a 7/10 at any point.

Super Metroid > SotN
Though both are a 10 in my book.

Attached: Bloodborne TOH edition.jpg (1000x1000, 202K)

This will trigger a lot of Metroidlets, but it's the truth.
>world design
>level design
>combat
>enemy design
>enemy types
>boss design
>boss types
>controls
>abilities
>atmosphere
>soundtrack
In all of those cases, its Symphony that utterly destroys Super.
But the general Super defense is
>l-l-less is more!
>I-it was fine at the t-time!
And to think it only took three years for Symphony to utterly cuck Super. Didn't even get half a decade to shine.

both

Attached: 1518668144671.jpg (564x501, 41K)

Attached: 1548079228582.jpg (1600x1200, 183K)

These posts are based and big dicked.
These are not based and small dicked.

Fuck no. A lot of useless gear, a rushed inverted castle and some bosses are an absolute joke.

Absolute kino yes, 10/10 no

Raiden, the Patriot AI, and the badly written ending prevent it from being a 10/10

An action game with non 60fps and not even stable on top of that isn't allowed to be 10/10. I like BB as much as anyone but this is truth.

>he hates the best part of the game

Attached: 1520103223225.jpg (905x881, 266K)

The ending is complete kino and just because you don't like raiden doesn't mean he's a bad character.

Thats not true but even without those things its still a solid ten you babby.

SM level design
>platforming puzzles thatare designed to take advantage of any player powerup state and have half a dozen solutions each
SOTN level design
>copypaste the same staircase or corridor

the fact that you describe super's controls as "swampy" and don't recognise the game as having the best momentum focused platforming mechanics in mainsteam gaming outside of classic sonic just outs you as a shitter

>10/10 thread
>devolves into Super Metroid fans being mad at those not blinded by nostalgia
Every single time.

>chrono cross fags
cringe

Attached: Soul-Sacrifice-Delta-1.jpg (640x320, 184K)

When did any Metroid game ever have bad controls?

it was badly executed

>just because you don't like raiden doesn't mean he's a bad character.
he is a bad character when you can't stand his presence

Other M.

That's not a Metroid game that's a fever dream. But you right.

Attached: 1542160930893.jpg (1024x1133, 186K)

Attached: IMG_0374.jpg (640x1138, 138K)

bait and shittastepilled

I have to post another 10/10 game just to make up for your awful opinion

Attached: remake.jpg (1920x1080, 390K)

Attached: ac0.jpg (346x500, 59K)

Attached: alttp.jpg (1600x1600, 553K)

Attached: best.png (319x335, 335K)

Based and archeologypilled

Attached: IMG_0196.jpg (500x698, 97K)

the randomizer makes it a 11/10

Shitting on SM I can understand for a few things, but not controls. Are you actively fucking with me? You get to do plenty of maneuvers, travel really fast throughout the map without relying on fucking warp rooms and use them to your advantage in order to skip many sections or do plenty of bosses completely out of order. No cutscene bullshit, no "I have to wait until I get the space boots to jump that high" in many cases. Out of a few common basic techniques a lot more have been developed unintentionally.

In contrast, SOTN has either the most simplistic control scheme (where you're also floaty as shit, if that's a complaint, up until you get the leap stone) or straight fighting game combos for spells you end up skipping. Most of the special equipment gets unused even by the kind of player that wants to fully complete the game and you have to spend your time training the fucking familiars instead of doing so effectively from the get go. To get around you have to transform into a beast that gets stuck fucking everywhere. Don't give me that shit.

>controls
Literally the worst thing about SM.
Clunky and unresponsive.
Protip: if your game has a control patch that most fan communities see as mandatory, then it has shit controls.

Not everyone is as incompetent as you, my man.

a strong contender

>Clunky
yes
>unresponsive
Not in the slightest. If anything they're the most responsive in the series, you have immense control over the character, her speed, jump height and jump arcs.

The input mappings suck, but the mechanics themselves are top tier.

Attached: 1534314977975.jpg (342x343, 34K)

>game has shit controls
>no u r just shit
Ah I see, thank you for playing.
Enjoy your nostalgia.

Attached: Super_Mario_Bros._3_coverart.png (220x302, 102K)

why

My absolute negro

I'm not playing, I'm stating the facts. If it's unresponsive, you didn't press the button at the right time. It does require timing for more technical stuff, you can't spam buttons like a retard for something as basic as bomb jumping. But the game responds to you not sucking ass at it.

>I'm stating the facts
that the controls are shit yea mate

Delusional.

based user blowing nostalgia glasses off of anons faces

Way to go starting your thread with a bait image OP.

fuck no
fuck yes

I like you user.
I hope you have a nice day!
You are cool too

The most 10/10 to ever 10/10 out of any 10/10

Attached: 2943094_sd.jpg (514x640, 95K)

This used to be my favorite game of all time, but as I’ve been playing it more recently I can simply say no.
It’s outclassed by the gba titles

onions nigger faggot

Attached: 1551105596795.jpg (470x468, 17K)

The other day I had a guy unironically try to argue that Super Metroid is good because it's short. Apparently to him that makes it "more replayable"
Metroidfags are fucking delusional.

Attached: 51yWQ25YjcL._SY445_[1].jpg (315x445, 27K)

Samus' movements in Super is the best in the series imo since you can influence her momentum so much. The floatiness comes with many benefits, especially for a more exploration-focus series like Metroid. I agree that hitting Select multiple times to switch "sub weapons" is kinda annoying but if you're good at the game you won't even need the 3rd and 4th items which are the Grappling Beam and the X-Ray Scope.

Zero Mission is a bit too fast. Fusion is a decent compromise but them killing sequence breaking really rubs me off the wrong way. It's one thing to put obstacles like Samus Returns but it's another thing to alter game mechanics to remove the ability to sequence break (delaying the explosion of bombs, can't even wall jump with 2 walls). Samus Returns also have relatively the same speed as Fusion but is less linear, so it just makes the comparison even more one-sided.

Attached: DznDSKKUYAI1fvH.jpg (1171x1200, 353K)

Name one flaw

Attached: 61A32QDCCEL._SX342_.jpg (342x343, 42K)

Attached: 1535089050508.gif (423x226, 3.36M)

I just don't understand why people are still complaining about bindings in an era of custom bindings per game on emulators. If I have to play on the original, I just bind dash to R, B to jump and Y to shoot. Default controls are not good, but fuck me it ain't the 90s. It's even too easy.

There's nothing wrong with ZM's speed, the problem is the momentum. Namely there isn't any. Your movement speed is uniform in all circumstances.

Too bad symphony still has the worst controls and map design in the series. Every igavania after is better.

Do you prefer Samus to have the Power Grip ability or no?

Doesn't the vanilla game also let you customize the controls to some extent? I don't quite understand the complaints honestly.

Wouldn't making Samus faster means she'll be heavier aka quicker to fall, which is what hurt her momentum?

Attached: tumblr_pny06syGzT1wbg6xyo1_1280.jpg (1151x1920, 658K)

>worst controls
how

That more games like this don't exist

It does but in a weird way. Some buttons you can't bind to other buttons unless they are on the same group.

I felt the same. I like the controls on the DS games better, specially OoE where you can do the thing with mixing weapons and shit. In SoTN I often forget I even have a shield and pausing to change gear wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't so fucking slow (and having to use items like weapons, that's another stupid thing)

Power Grip as a collectable item could be interesting but they don't do much with that idea in ZM.

The vanilla game does let you customize the controls somewhat, but the Control Freak patch is still better.

To some extent, but you will still have vertical and horizontal velocity. ZM physics don't suck because you fall too fast, they suck because every jump arc is the same and you can't influence how far you jump other than just wiggling back and forth in the air.

this is correct

but also pic related

Attached: yoshi's island.jpg (250x178, 22K)

I like what they did with the Power Grip in Samus Returns because not just that but you still get the ability to wall jump (albeit you need 2 walls). I especially love the Power Grip + 360° aiming combo. Fusion's level design doesn't really let you make much use out of the Power Grip imo.

I also prefer the Power Grip to be a natural ability for Samus.

Attached: tumblr_ox4rkrCpgY1wbg6xyo1_1280.jpg (1280x903, 430K)

Sth nice I'd like to see returning from Fusion is climbing ladders. I get that natural environments like planets won't really have ladders per se, but even in Samus Returns there are lab sections which could definitely have some ladders. Or they can have a grassy area like Brinstar with some vines serving as "organic" ladders.

Attached: mIqxjB9.jpg (683x1024, 177K)

What makes you say that?