This is what pokémon games should be like. Debate me

This is what pokémon games should be like. Debate me.

Attached: 1552842315093.jpg (1280x720, 623K)

thanks
i hate it

I've always wanted a pokemon game at scale using a combat system with 3? maybe 4 pokemon in your party with the Kingdom Hearts circle strafe style combat.
about exploring the world and capturing suitable sized pokemon, eg you cant catch Groudon but a Charizard is fine.

>dude, what if *insert nostalgic video game* BUT OPEN WURL!!!!
yeah bro, this is definitely an idea that every redditor and their mother hasn't thought of before

>no right ability text
>transparent pokeballs instead of none

yikes. nice ui try whatever tumblr you got this from but nah.

xenoblade 2 isnt what any game should be.
not even xenoblade 2

THE NEXT POKEMON GAME!? POKEMON IN REAL LIFE PIKACHU! POKEMON GO FUTURE NEXT GEN POKEMON GAME SWITCH XBOX PLAYSTATION 4 POKEMON ON PC FANGAME UNREAL ENGINE 4K 60FPS REALISM PHOTOREALISTIC GAME

That UI is horrendous and if it played anything like Xenoblade it would be terrible, but I appreciate the idea.

NINTENDO

PLEASE

Wrong

Pokemon should function exactly like Smash in battles.

You still have 4 moves, however you directly control your pokemon and fight the opponents mons. There are quick slot equippables for potions, and all the rest, however the fighting is completely realtime, so no more turn based stuff. It's direct combat and you need to prepare instead going into the fight, for live combat.

The fight stages are based on the routes and gyms you're fighting in.

Gym battles become much more intense as the actual gym level design now factors into the fight.

It can go down exactly like the anime where you can use the level to your advantage to beat certain aspects of the other pokemon.

tl;dr Pokemon but with smash combat, except no shielding and rolling doesn't have iframes, attacks don't have PP, instead major attacks like fireblast simply have longer windups or tells or larger cooldowns after use.

This also makes attacks like harden, and body buffs very cool as they play out in real time, where you can get "hyper armour" with certain things to just tank attacks and hit through them

Attached: 710417.jpg (688x387, 117K)

dude what if pokemon was dark souls and dark souls was skyrim

Thanks for the input Reddit

Okay now animate all those attacks for all 809 pokemon+however many they decide to add in SnS

Easy as fuck, it's called animation retargeting. You would just have to animate generic attack, jump etc animations for each kind of archetype, 2 arms, 4 arms, bipedal, floating, etc and then retarget them across all the mons, and make specific fixes to any weird outliers that screw up. Animation should be partially physics driven like shadow of the colossus rather than full keyframe animation

Also you'd probably lower the scope of the game back to 150 to start, probably just remake blue again

Attached: 1552652104633.jpg (515x476, 44K)

>stand
>stand(low hp/ailment)
>sleep
>punch
>kick
>defend pose
>breathe
>generic power building
>tail hit
>fly
>jump
>hurt(3 variations depending on effectiveness)

Majority of moves and effects is that.

Or how about.

Attached: Dissidia_NA_Cover.jpg (240x414, 30K)

Literally every change that gf did listening to westerners made this franchise worse
>I don‘t wanna play with sprites anymore
>3D models are worst thing ever
>Waah waah unova doesn‘t have old mons
>the amount if new mons we get each gen are like 70 on a 350 regional dex
>oh man I want something new and wanna go back to kanto
>we get remakes, that could have been the definitive version of kanto, instead we get go shit
>Lol unova is a circle
>new regions are not a circle anymore, but the routes are suddenly linear as fuck without shit to explore
>wuuuh nostalgia I only want old mons
>kanto padering out of the ass everywhere

And now we got
>I want open world breath of the wild pokemon
And I am really interested how this will manage to ruin this franchise even more.

>no right ability text
You can toggle that on/off in the game it's inspired from.

Attached: eee4baa8566e9f6b18ee65b070c14aa0.jpg (800x895, 230K)

So you are saying they should be shitty jRPG with gacha mechanics?

>unova is a circle
Never understood that criticism, wasn't it locked until postgame?

Besides, pokemon should do what SMT did and split into differently-focused series. Have LGPE without abilities for kids, but have a deeper game as well for other fans. The games try to spread too far for one game.

>pokemon BW is the least selling pokemon game
>b-but muh westerns forcing 3D

Attached: 1541635511937.png (954x539, 24K)

Looks pretty soulless

>pokemon
>Innovating

>>b-but muh westerns forcing 3D
read again you mong.
>Never understood that criticism, wasn't it locked until postgame?
yeah the world map is just a circle that annoyed some people. But actually who cares how the world map looked, when every route was amazing.

because no one cares about the routes. Pokemon never had complex routes and unova isn't an exception

If you never played the game then don´t act like you did. That is the route before the second gymn.

Attached: Unova_Route_20_Summer_B2W2[1].png (1185x1080, 500K)

NINTENDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HIRE THIS MAN HIRE THIS MAN HIRE HIM RIGHT FUCKING NOW OR I'M GOING TO LOSE IT HIRE HIM HIRE HIM HIRE HIM DO IT DO IT DO IT NINTENDOOOOOO HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRE THIS FUCKING MAN RIGHT FUCKING NOW OR ELSE I SWEAR TO GOT IF THE NEXT POKEMON GAME ISN'T OPEN WORLD I'M GOING TO FLY TO KYOTO AND MAKE THE PARIS ATTACS LOOK LIKE A FUCKING JOKE NINTENDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: 1551972229507.jpg (354x423, 16K)

w-wow

Can't be any worse than another top down no real choices RPG on rails with with shitty random encounters, break away combat system with no depth and every door facing south

it also changes with seasons.

Attached: Route_20_(Einall)_Herbst[1].png (1144x1088, 3.71M)

>Real time combat
No, probably not, but I would prefer the world to be more like how it is in Xenoblade. It gives you a little something more to explore and is better fit for overworld encounters than Kanto's tiny ass routes.
It is my great frustration that Pokemon will never be in the hands of a better developer.
Even a competent developer wouldn't be able to do real time combat in Pokemon without cutting shit though so that can stay in spinoffs.

All those fucking forced Trainer battles, why did they think it was a good idea to spam so many of them starting with d/p

>Sizzly Slide
What?

Attached: B3CA1495-BE28-4E82-9AAC-85BC46A6D334.png (783x450, 218K)

Woah man, take it easy

>No depth
Lmao, newfag

>Chad Furret
>Virgin Charizard

Isn't that literally what Pokken Tournament is sans the open world meme?

>same shit since Gameboy original
Lmao

Attached: 1550570292669.jpg (374x374, 41K)

I can't believe ONE fucking man, ALONE came up with an idea that completely shits all over game freaks work over the past 30 years
hire this fucking dude already wtf

that would require giving the game to monolith and taking it away from gamefreak, also why give actual budgets to pokemon when the nintenbabbies will still buy it regardless?

> Xenoblade's World
Why?
> Bringing back Sizzly Slide
Why?
> Shit UI that doesn't display information on all four moves
Why?
> Gen 1 Pokemon having prominence
Why?

Ok, obviously what you're actually referring to is a HD Open-World take on Pokemon. I think that Pokemon would benefit from being a bit graphically stronger than a pile of paper drawings but I would much rather they focus on the gameplay elements rather than the visual elements.

Open-World is a novel concept for Pokemon but I don't think it would work well overall, having locations being able to go to from the get go without roadblocks of any kind sounds like a promising idea however it detracts from any potential for puzzles or trainers that force the player to think about their team composition outside of Gyms. I think Pokemon would benefit from a happy middle-ground between a Linear Line and Open World, having the player go through blocks of explorable areas with a few bosses sprinkled in each one that is separated by a linear section I think would work best. Mind you bosses can mean Rivals, Evil Team, Gym Leaders, etc. you could have bosses take the form of unusually tough trainers blocking an item you need to progress effectively allowing the player to have a choice with how they go about those few bosses and locations, this should also translate into the Routes, you can't just keep doing straight line routes, node-based design needs to be done again where Routes have points of focus on them that are connected by one or more paths.

yes user xenoblade is an open world fighting game

>Xenoblade
>Open world
Retard

The only thing that's the same is
>Fight, run, item, switch
Newfag, lmao.

where is the depth? please enlighten me

You also forget how many attacks there are in the series, plus pokemon with unique attacks, PLUS making sure character models are properly interacting when they attack one another at close range.

You’re still making unique animations. This isn’t like Monster Hunter, where most wyverns have the same basic skeleton.

It's not like Gamefreak doesn't have money, they could just hire some people and spend 5 years banging out all the animation work if they really wanted to

But Nintendo systems don’t have unlimited memory to store all of that information (heck, I doubt it could even be done on PC with all the Pokemon and moves). On top of that, playtesting would be a nightmare.

Definitely insane but maybe they should break the dex in half and just make two different franchises using slightly over half the Pokemon up to this point.

ahahahah

There are exactly three forced trainer battles on that route.

It’s true.

As rightfully pointed out, also one of those battles is a Double Battle, something that breaks up the flow of the monotony of Single Battles, Game Freak should be willing to throw the player an unexpected Battle Format more often, maybe a surprise Triple or Rotation Battle, maybe even have a Psychic who starts an Inverse Battle.

Based
Fuck nintendogs and fuck shit freak

It should look like Xenocringe 2 and have non turn based combat for ADD zoomers that can't handle waiting their turn?

I just want a free camera.

They are baby's first RPG, in fact it can even be baby's first video game. The game shouldn't have all that complex stuff happening on screen and should be simplified to its most enjoyable extent

Pokemon should have Ni No Kuni combat. Ni No Kuni was a better Pokemon game than actual Pokemon games.

Attached: 1530323865076.png (800x450, 584K)

I wonder why it failed, maybe it wasn't as good as sony shills say?

In May 2018, Namco Bandai reported that the series had collectively shipped 2.8 million copies worldwide, with Wrath of the White Witch shipping over 1.1 million copies and Revenant Kingdom shipping over 900k.[85][86] By the end of 2011, it was reported that Dominion of the Dark Djinn sold over 560,000 units;[87] it was the 33rd best-selling game in Japan in 2010,[88] and the 45th best-selling in 2011.[87]

>he's never tried actually exploring.

Attached: 1540351354416.gif (230x230, 1.54M)

I don't think you know what open world means.

Yeah, I totally agree. Let's a have big empty world devoid of anything interesting with the odd one or two Pokemon running around that you can battle. And the only Pokemon you can find are Gen I Pokemon and you can be a Team Rocket grunt and be the very best like no one ever was

Attached: cancer.png (1129x910, 173K)

?????????????

>half of the screen covered with useless shit
Thank you based Nipponese!

unrelated but i recently played one of the newer digimon games and it's fucking crazy how a big a difference in production quality there is
a dead tamagotchi bootleg puts more effort into environments and voice acting than one of the biggest media franchises in the world

That's what happens when you don't have a cult of lunatic manchildren for a fanbase and actually have to put effort in to ensure your product sells.

If you played xenoblade, you’d know it’s all necessary info. Whether or not it should have been designed to be so complex is another matter.

No, this is what pokémon games should be like

Attached: sky.jpg (1000x895, 720K)

I'm convinced they killed the (good) spin off games because they made the main series look like a fucking embarrassment in comparison.

Yes I agree, all pokemon trainers should wear daisy dukes.