Do you own any video game art books Yea Forums?

Do you own any video game art books Yea Forums?

Attached: the_legend_of_zelda_breath_of_the_wild_creating_a_champion.jpg (960x480, 96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

booko.info
youtube.com/watch?v=V5TXEUiR1Xk
youtube.com/watch?v=hPdiPt9VVpU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yea.

A ton of them.

Also, the box reminds me of the Studio Ghibli Blu-rays.
Particularly, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind.
Makes sense, considering Breath of the Wild was heavily inspired by Studio Ghibli films.

Attached: Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind Blu-ray cover.jpg (394x500, 67K)

I own the Persona 5 art book, yeah. It's great and I've been thinking of getting the Bloodborne one but shit is too expensive.
Also I've been thinking of buying BotW for myself soon- is it worth waiting for a sale or something or will the price always be what it is now? And is there some kind of complete edition that includes DLC etc? I'm trying to avoid information about the game for spoilers but if there's a goty edition or something I'd like to go with that, but knowing nintendo there probably isn't

I have a lot of them. The Kazuma Kaneko works are my favorites.

Just the one I got with the MGS Legacy Collection

Anyone have the Mario Odyssey one? I'm tempted to get it since the few pages I've seen look neat and it seems pretty big.

It's really good. The Dark Horse version comes out in October.

Attached: 9d9b6977cb592e9f1a11e6af75a23210.jpg (2136x1504, 677K)

I do! Here's my somewhat modest collection. Only one missing here is the Dark Souls 3 Design Works that my friend is borrowing atm

Have the Japanese pre-order bonus Soul Sacrifice Delta artbook in the mail at the moment; didn't even know it existed until I just stumbled upon it while browsing eBay last week.

Attached: IMG_0177.jpg (1911x3222, 944K)

i have the dark horse final fantasy ultimanias, they’re pretty cool but after spending so much time looking at ffwiki over the years i’ve already seen virtually everything in the books. was hoping for more story explanation type stuff like in the japanese versions

This one, right? Is Amazon the cheapest at the moment?

Attached: 9781506713755-768x951.jpg (768x951, 120K)

They're releasing a Cuphead book in October as well.

If you don't know it, booko.info is an excellent site for comparing prices of books on the internet.

The Japanese ones are Asura's Wrath, DMC, Splatoon

Attached: 20190318_032847.jpg (4032x3024, 3.31M)

How's the Grasshopper book? Any Fatal Frame 4 stuff?

I have these:
Devil Survivor: Official Material Collection
Devil Survivor 2 Official Design Works Art Book
Digital Devil Apocalypse
Persona 3: Official Design Works
Persona 4: Official Design Works
Persona 4 Arena: Official Design Works
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax Super Official Art
Persona 4 P4 Dancing All Night Official Visual Book
P3D/P5D Official Visual Art Book
Persona 5, The Art of
Persona Q Official Design Works
Shin Megami Tensei IV: Official Artworks
Shin Megami Tensei IV FINAL Apocalypse Art Book
Kazuma Kaneko Works I
Kazuma Kaneko Works II
Kazuma Kaneko Works III
Kazuma Kaneko Works IV
Kazuma Kaneko Works V
Kazuma Kaneko Works VI
Kazuma Kaneko Works VII
Shigenori Soejima Art Works 2004-2010
Shigenori Soejima Art Works 2010-2017
Breath of Fire: Official Complete Works
Darkstalkers Tribute
Street Fighter Tribute
Street Fighter: Eternal Challenge
SF20: The Art of Street Fighter
SF25: The Art of Street Fighter
Undisputed Street Fighter: A 30th Anniversary Retrospective
Bloodborne Official Artworks
Dark Souls: Design Works
Dark Souls II: Design Works
Dark Souls III: Design Works
The Art of Fire Emblem: Awakening
Dragon Quest Illustrations: 30th Anniversary Edition
Final Fantasy Ultimania Archive Volume 1
Final Fantasy Ultimania Archive Volume 2
FF DOT. -The Pixel Art of FINAL FANTASY
The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy Slipcased Edition

Looking forward to the Dark Souls Trilogy Compendium and the Etrian Odyssey Art Museum.

I like it a lot.
Just makes me wish they had more books for sale.
Only about 6 pages of FF:zero

Attached: 15528989621126992626174365850529.jpg (4032x3024, 2.98M)

That's pretty neat, thank you! Might have to go get myself a copy come payday next week.

It's not a whole lot for each game.
It's almost all in Japanese outside a few blurbs of English and it's a lot of their in house stuff with a few pages dedicated to just their timeline of work.

Dark Souls and Bloodborne books are way smaller than I thought they'd be. Is there really that much Splatoon art? That book seems huge.

I'm fine with the lack of text as long as there's plenty of Killer7 content.

It's partially down to Dark Horse using much thicker paper than Udon in the books they localize. But yeah, the Splatoon one is very comprehensive at about 330 pages.

I'm home at the moment, so I can take some photos if you were on the fence about buying it.

Sure let's see some pics.

Okay. Sorry for the pretty eh quality, my phone's camera isn't the best.

Attached: IMG_0179.jpg (3264x2448, 1.74M)

Surprised you don't have the three pandaemonium books.

Attached: IMG_0180.jpg (3176x2378, 1.78M)

this which is really nice. also a MGR book which I think came with it

Attached: 81KL6iWLIuL.jpg (1289x1800, 278K)

Attached: IMG_0181.jpg (3128x2366, 1.73M)

Attached: IMG_0182.jpg (3173x2378, 1.86M)

I got the Alice: Madness Returns one, it was pretty good.
For some reason it gets posted in full on Yea Forums all the time, which I appreciate as well.

Somewhat unrelated, but why have they never released the concept art for any Animal Crossing game besides what little they showed off at the New Leaf developer's round table? You'd think that one of Nintendo's biggest franchises with hundreds of characters would have tons of concept art. What are they hiding?

Personally, I just want to know how many iterations were made of the human player characters for the first game before they arrived at "dolls wearing viking hats and princess caps".

Yes a bunch of Street Fighter art books thick as phone books, collections of Capcom's illustrations. Im not even good at SF but they had GOAT illustrators making some of the most iconic characters ever made. Aside from those I also have some of the Persona 4 manga, but that's it really.

Attached: D979DD19-6399-4529-A3EB-4BBC45844FEF.jpg (498x701, 203K)

Attached: IMG_0183.jpg (3264x2448, 2.13M)

I have alot.

Attached: LT5THmc.jpg (2268x4032, 1.06M)

I have the book with the Left 4 Dead and TF2 comics. I think that's it.

Got the Last of Us one when I thought the game was going to be good. Last pre-order I've ever done.

Attached: Lastofus.jpg (600x800, 193K)

for those of you with jap books, how do you read them? do you just look at the pictures and be done with it or can you actually read stuff? there are a few jap one's i'm interested in but don't really want to buy because i feel i'll be missing a lot

It's a case by case basis, really. Some Japanese artbooks are very text intensive while others are basically just all-images and if you don't speak a lick of Japanese you'll just miss out on maybe a foreword and some design notes.

If in doubt, ask in threads like these or do some research online.

This to be honest Some books has heap of pictures, some has alot of texts, cant read moon but make me wanna learn.

I have the Hyrule historia trilogy and I'm thinking of getting the Hollow Knight one that just came out

A little ps2 game I feel in love with years ago, character design by kuroboshi kouhaku
What they said, also is nice just to have them in your collection if you like the game, it's like any merch

Attached: IMG_20190318_064345441.jpg (988x1500, 152K)

Yes.

Attached: s-l1000.jpg (1000x666, 111K)

youtube.com/watch?v=V5TXEUiR1Xk

Nooo don't remind me!

Attached: 1547608502820.gif (640x360, 2.9M)

bump

the xenoblade 2 one and LOZ art and artifacts
I only have the latter because I got it in a bundle with my switch essentially for free, the xenoblade one I actually bought

RIP
That copy is never coming back boy

The Halo one the only covers up to Reach

The Xenoblade 2 art book is the only one I've bought separately, but I've got the smaller one also that came with the collector's edition.

Attached: 3gooot2l4ag21.jpg (2048x2048, 539K)

I would buy and art book of just Mipha

Attached: 1AE7795A-E35A-4C83-AB8D-885EF0B456E2.jpg (692x1024, 62K)

youtube.com/watch?v=hPdiPt9VVpU

Did the red dead 2 art book ever come out?