UNIST Thread

FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE

Attached: Dj_ttyiUcAA-KnM.png orig.png (630x420, 495K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!caR2QLoD!tm9QOGuNFVFeRwdCz78Wjg
youtube.com/watch?v=pBwFXQrFynM
youtube.com/watch?v=0RVHS6qBaeA
youtube.com/watch?v=ExFqkh38AYo
youtube.com/watch?v=4poG9l7-ZZg
youtube.com/watch?v=tun3DSDFoj4
youtube.com/watch?v=qKORMipMAfk
youtube.com/watch?v=KGy5uyuYgBg
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YNFq2-AJZjJoFH80RxwpzkxIAcu_tYUZcOpQ25IKpG4/edit#gid=2113674315
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pass is vee
Sort of wish Linne had her mouth closed.
DMD Urizen gives me nightmares.

Attached: linbirth19.png (1500x750, 1.05M)

damn it hippie i already made the thread.

Why would you get ahead of yourself like this

how often do you guys have these threads? wanna make sure I'm around for them

you were a little busy bulling dia

Closed on what? You sick freak

Sunday to Thursday. Same start time, varying end times.

Why are there two threads?

Sean doubted me for some reason

I came here just to look for the new birthday pic. Do you think they'll ever add the recent ones to the gallery in-game?

In the next console release maybe. The in-game gallery wasn't even all that up to date when it came out either.

Ahh, too bad. The art we do have is surprisingly high quality.

my bad about the shitty stage :/

Attached: __eltnum_phonon_and_sion_eltnam_atlasia_under_night_in_birth_drawn_by_suzuna_najaran__7fd1a08c3519f1 (700x988, 169K)

I was waiting all weekend for this thread and now when i'm not in home

FUCK MY LIFE

>I was waiting all weekend for this thread and now when i'm not in home
As far as these late night threads are concerned, there's a schedule

Can you please or someone give me the schedule pls?

I should have spent the meter

Look at the time the thread started for when it starts.

Sunday-Thursday
Time is whatever the OP is

Attached: 1532315247645.png (1920x1080, 1.62M)

where's our lord and savior, PC host

If he's not here in like 10 minutes, i can make it

Attached: 1552093733250.jpg (247x336, 64K)

maybe just make it now

Gotta finish up some work first and send a couple things, but i'll try to hurry it up

what are the agreed upon settings for making a room?

No Rematches
Winner stays for 3 wins

okay, it probably wasn't just the stage then lol
don't you live in IL as well hippie? your ISP must hate you or something

Attached: 1540458198935.png (112x128, 34K)

I learned all of Linne's expert combos and played the tutorial up to expert level. Went online and got my yellow square, not impressive but I'm just starting. I wanna get my orange .What should I work on now?

Can't really give you specific advice if you're not being specific, mission mode is fine and all but it doesn't teach you how to play neutral
Midwest, I'm just going to chalk it up to shit netplay quality over the past week since this shit happens once every month

PC LOBBY
Keyword: vee

Attached: 1543550148149.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

I'm sorry about ranked earlier Phrumpf.

god damn what the fuck are these reset setups, how am I supposed to block that shit

pls gib OST link

my brother

Attached: 1551423637280.jpg (312x300, 17K)

It's all I got
mega.nz/#F!caR2QLoD!tm9QOGuNFVFeRwdCz78Wjg

Where are all these Mikas coming from?

Attached: 1544822776233.jpg (450x331, 60K)

Dammit guys why can't you have these threads at reasonable hours

Tried. Nobody plays at reasonable hours.

Never

>wagner

wouldn't be under night if we played during the day

Attached: 1519434590180.png (293x457, 263K)

Next iteration, they really need to add a music room, but preferably where you can only hear songs if you've already come across them in-game so a few things don't get spoiled.

Gracias

they literally fight UNDER the NIGHT

Apparently people couldn't be bothered to actually PLAY any earlier then they made the threads to talk about dumb shit and spam mika

well that time out sucked. at least practicing wagner really helped so far

Yeah among all the things they add from Late to [st] I was surprised at how they didn't have a music room for these things. Hopefully they bring this back too
youtube.com/watch?v=pBwFXQrFynM

Attached: DcRfMuzV4AApkVE.jpg orig.jpg (842x595, 80K)

I'd play if I saw the threads happening earlier
Some of us aren't neets or night shift

Just give me 1000 years back
youtube.com/watch?v=0RVHS6qBaeA

I don't suppose there are any EU players here, given the current time?
I'm giving the game a second try after dropping it shortly after -ST launch.

Nothing wrong with starting a lobby whenever you see one of the many mika OPs littered throughout the day. They're everywhere now.

Attached: 1543208888396.png (256x256, 85K)

Atic matches are going too fast for me to keep up!

Give me a full End of Dawn
youtube.com/watch?v=ExFqkh38AYo
If only more people were like you, user. People any time earlier just don't want to play

Attached: 15072400.jpg (600x809, 439K)

This is what I was thinking. I like to play at night because it fits the atmosphere of the game. In fact there isn't even a day level in the game

nah just a bunch of second shift burgers and a fucking leaf

Attached: 1513349497753.png (127x116, 6K)

Probably better off making a thread separate from those ones. Mika is becoming the postergirl of "girl who people spam images of but don't play" of the series.
Guess people latched on to her over Yuzuriha because they can put their feet on Mika's skill floor

That's about what I expected. Oh well.

you might find some matches during the day on the /vg/ threads

why do you have to keep reminding me what a travesty it is that this song didn't come back?

Attached: 529532337151672321.png (128x128, 23K)

I have classes at 9AM
I just don't sleep much

wrong move but i guess that works.

Who in their right mind would want to listen to UNI music outside of the game, shit sucks hard.

>4 ASSAULTS IN A ROW

Not him but Chronicle Mode has a couple bangers

Attached: DbTK9OsVQAA9Guo.png orig.png (900x662, 682K)

I'm not just any leaf, i'm the leaf

honestly I do listen to this one a lot since the beginning is great youtube.com/watch?v=4poG9l7-ZZg

>got kicked from spectating
>no bars with Sha
Goddamn it are you kidding me right now?

Whew, finally got a win on sean. Feels good man!

Attached: 1551235572439.png (640x640, 383K)

Great job Sai!

I feel incredibly ashamed.

Attached: 1531231816850.jpg (1920x1742, 1.1M)

Scraper Sky High is godlike, my dude.

nah, if anyone's THE leaf it's icekin.

What even is this game?
I remember when I was in college this black guy booted this game up and I chose this character and got a perfect on him

no. i am THE leaf. i'll show you all

Okay after getting kicked again and rejoining I got bars with Sha again. I hope this continues.

Fighting Game

Attached: 40903116_p31.png (451x506, 51K)

This is bait, right? I very rarely care about game soundtracks but this one's got a lot going for it. Tracks have a great aesthetic variety to them, there's lots of good melodies, nothing is really grating or gets too repetitive from repeat listens, and there's a good amount of different moods to it too. If you don't like this, what do you like? Orchestral stuff that tries to mimic cinema scores? Explain yourself if you're serious.

Thanks. Spider is one of my tougher match-ups on a personal level so it felt extra good.

Nice greyscale fight

Attached: De7fTuLUEAAjhZV.jpg orig.jpg (1134x1134, 219K)

Or just that she's more meme-friendly than Yuzu.

I still encounter people who are just starting the game picking Yuzu as their first character.

Memes are stronger fuel for the secondaries so I guess it works both ways in having people not play but post Mika.

Will I be a basic bitch if I main Orie?

That was some nice FF usage towards those last seconds. Also that DP into CS into EX Kuuga seems like a pretty good way to mix things up.

Thanks for yet another new idea Dia!

Pretty sure Wagner is still "crutch: the character"

absolutely but there's nothing wrong with that.

Attached: wagnerpositive.png (500x500, 60K)

>throw into an air trap

That was a pretty neat confirm there!

>I very rarely care about game soundtracks
Oh dude, you're missing out. Tons of games have absolutely bangers of OSTs, especially fighting games.

yeah I noticed it during the middle of a side switch combo and almost dropped appreciating it

Attached: __nanase_and_phonon_under_night_in_birth__sample-c68c19964e6eae019d19435d56427396.jpg (850x1511, 424K)

GGs pc lobby.

Attached: hyde big nuts copy.png (550x413, 135K)

I don't think so. Fuck Orie is a fun ass character. You've got foosies for days man. I'd play it but I find Linne way easier.

1 am. God damn, boys. I can't do it. I'm usually in bed browsing until I fall asleep.

Fuck.

You two could not have picked more identical colors

now this is a blessed mirror that you don't see every day

Attached: 1541559569365.png (355x299, 77K)

Only a few but ggs

Attached: 43073039_p0_master1200.jpg (1142x1200, 684K)

Agreed, it's hard to follow alongside all of the traps on screen.

GGs

GGs! See ya next time!

ggs

it was more of a mistake than i realized
tricked myself into mashing not my own cs at least twice

Is that what she is?

Attached: 1465338120676.png (500x477, 136K)

So in lobbies for this game do only 2 people play at a time while everyone else watches? That sounds weird.

all a part of my plan

all these pc ories though

Can you cancel Orie's FF early by hitting it again?

Seems like a pretty nice way to get in a tricky to read overhead.

Hopefully they are able to do the newer style lobbies next time around.

ggs everyone. Not sure why, but I felt on tilt during all my matches. Not going to learn much tonight so I'm going to call it here. Got a bunch of matches with my friend earlier in the day anyways.
A dp into EX Kuuga is a decent option if you're expecting an overhead. Just don't try to confirm it into an EX Kuuga why you actually hit like I do on accident all the time.
You're getting a lot better in general Sai. You play a lot more agressively than me, but you're definitely making a lot better decisions in game. The constant play in lobbies did you good.

Attached: D14fcBiUgAAWP--.jpg large.jpg (1485x2048, 290K)

Our connection is still ass unfortunately

You thought you could do something about Orie's FF, hippie???? BIG MISTAKE

I mean you got really easily abusable moves that scrubs can't deal with.
I remember when people kept asking if Buffed [FF] was unblockable.
Unfortunately, thankfully I have shit to do on the side.
Vorpal Trait
Still got the full rekka lel

what's wrong with that? usually the matches are really entertaining since there are some pretty good players and it gives you time to think about your last game

ggs

These threads are actively fighting against people with normal school/work hours

This might sound ridiculous, but I've never enjoyed VGM while I'm actually playing. It's only when I heard someone else playing Symphony of the Night music that I realized it was incredible, or that I put on Mega Man 2's soundtrack before realizing how much I loved Bubble Man's theme. Just recently I discovered another thing I found amazing which I'll link below from DoDonPachi SaiDaioujou, which is weird that I love it considering I played all those games and found the soundtrack nothing special, but listening to them alone transforms them. It's almost uncanny. This is probably also why Saya No Uta's ost is so memorable for me.

I'm new to fighting games so the only other one I own now is GG Xrd, but I was a bit disappointed in it because it really lacked variety and interesting melodies. Hopefully you are right though about the genre as a whole.

youtube.com/watch?v=tun3DSDFoj4

Attached: UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe_Late[st]_20190318015729.jpg (1920x1080, 203K)

so why does everyone pick Park?

What happened!

Nah I got school, I just sacrifice a shitton of sleep

Shut up this is like the only fighting game community that fits my night worker schedule.

GGs m8, you'll make a comeback for sure next time! I think playing some varied opponents on PC has helped me abit too.

Taking a look at the Linne primer taught me some safe pokes too and the like. Looking forward to future matches!

>Vorpal Trait
Good to know when I mess around with her to see what kinda things she can do with that so I can find a means to counter it. Thanks for the tip!

Attached: 1552635378191.jpg (800x800, 99K)

>DoDonPachi
Ayyy
youtube.com/watch?v=qKORMipMAfk

I got a timeout error to host. Fuck.

two spider matches in one night. what a blessed day.

its pretty

Is she the kind of crutch that hurts my learning how to play, or just the kind of crutch that lets me lame out easier wins against other noobs?

It was attempted.
Not enough people showed up consistently.
Threads died.

GGs

It looks nice (and it's supposedly a net-friendly stage that has a background unlike Training Stage).

It's a good netplay stage and doesn't make me want to rip my eyes out like training room.

Fucking hell i am on full tilt tonight.

Attached: 1552784718894.png (811x721, 248K)

The latter but a bit of the former. Stronger players will know what to expect from a really predictable wagner

What stages aren't netplay friendly?

Cathedral and cafeteria if I recall. Maybe others too.

As far as I've read...just those two.

I could be wrong hahaha.

Why pick Park when Highrise exists.
I recall hearing Abandoned Schoolhouse being a bit iffy with all the effects in the back. That and Altar

why am i so bad and yet i'm orange square

shit I didnt know that, I wont go random anymore then.

Can I get a quick rundown on Merk combo theory? I looked up his character primer and messed around a bit with him, but I'd like confirmation that I'm doing the right thing.
Midscreen, I can go into
>stuff-2CC-jc-[dl]j.C-j.A-j.B-66C-66B-66C
and then either go for flight oki, 2C-4B-22A oki, or tack on some extra damage with 2C-236B-CVO stuff, and in the corner I can do
>stuff-2CC-6[C]-[dl]j.C-j.A-j.B-66C
and then same deal.
Any other stuff I should work on implementing? Seems to me like confirming into the
>j.C-j.A-j.B-66C
route is the best option in pretty much any situation.

Maybe because you played against only orange squared players before you got your rank?

Not sure how the official color assignment works, only that you can only upgrade or downgrade against similar colored players.

When you wrote Park, I thought you meant East Kanzakai Playground. That one is the worst to me, it's so busy.

How's PC looking, is it still Orie City?

It's usually a matter of making bad connections worse, but I just try not to risk it. I started going with park on response because I'm too lazy to change it every match.

holy moly that round

Attached: 1524029668252.png (128x101, 14K)

Usually its a PC only lobby with like, 3 people. Nobody on Yea Forums seems to work in the morning

It works with people's insomnia/narcolepsy

Meant to go Amber Lamps haha. Sorry for the lame stage pick (in my opinion) hippie.

i played ranked today for like 3 hours didn't see any orie. most common was probably akatsuki

so far theres a wagner, carmine, 2 ories, phonon, 2 akatsukis

Her loops are fun
But ending with 3B > 623B melts my brain

The only reason I even got into fighters is because of the music, actually. I randomly came across youtube.com/watch?v=KGy5uyuYgBg
I decided that whatever game it was, I was going to get it. More than 6 years later and here we are.
I feel like a ton of games are really enhanced by their soundtrack. DMC5 just came out and has a dynamic soundtrack (once you hit an S-rank in style, the vocals kick in), and that really encourages me to do well. Metal Gear Rising did something similar with boss themes, with vocals kicking in or going out during certain sections. 'Course, it doesn't hurt that both of those games have genuinely fantastic OSTs IMO.
I'd recommend giving the BlazBlue Centralfiction soundtrack a listen at some point. In particular, I'd recommend Six Heroes, Black and White, Black Aggression, Nightmare Fiction, STAND UNRIVALED, MUST DIE, and X-Matic.

I think most yellow squares aren't good at all. So it's easy to beat them and rank up.

It's tough trying to open someone up with an anti-air faster than most of your normals

Sounds like some decent character variety. Might shift over there in abit after a few more goes at PS4 lobby if there's room. I could definitely use some match-up experience among those characters.

Definitely glad to see I'm making some gains among these higher level players however, even if it's just inches!

Attached: 1552033195368.jpg (1451x2048, 347K)

How is this game with a PS4 controller?

Playable unless you're wanting to play like Vatista, Yuzuriha, and Hilda/Carmine. Then you might want to rebind some buttons or use stick.

Sounds like good times. I'll have to give that a go myself to see how that works.

Coming off of that, it works but I changed to a different pad (fighting commander 4) and haven't looked back.

3 spider mirror matches.What a timeline..!

>Coming off of that, it works but I changed to a different pad (fighting commander 4) and haven't looked back.
I did the same because my PS4 controllers kept breaking.

Any heavy hitters in the PC lobby today?

There was 1 purple guy, waifustealer, but he left awhile ago. theres a couple oranges and scoops

You usually shouldn't end with 3B > 623B unless you're trying to build meter before killing with 214C.

>If you don't like this, what do you like?
Any GG track > the entirety of UNIST's soundtrack

Are there many beginners on PS4 right now?

None tonight

Afraid not, though I'm down to train with ya for abit before I move over to PC if ya'd like.

I'm one of the more Intermediate-level players. Just let me know if you're interested!

Sure. I'll hop on in a second.

I have to disagree, man. Most of the tracks in the latest version of GG are painfully bland, to the point it actually reduced my enthusiasm for the game overall. This is coming from a life-long fan of rock, too. GG as a series probably has higher peaks than UNI so far in terms of music but as of now I think one is unquestionably better than the other.

it was literally all over the second I dropped my cvo route and threw 200 meter away for a shitty gold throw

Cool, I'll make the kw the same as this one.

GGs tonight main PS4 lobby! Thanks for the fun throwdowns. Glad I got to pick off at least 1 of ya tonight! Let's all continue to get better together.

Attached: 1551861573793.png (700x700, 210K)

eh older gg tracks were much better than the stuff in xrd

I'm a beginner. I've been playing for a week. Trying to master Linne's tk kuuga combos but I keep dropping it.

the fuck is going on

did pc die

this netcode is really fucking things up, had to restart game

consequently I need to be better about saving replays, but it's so hard to remember after I tilt out doing shit like that

wew that was fucking weird the game was telling me I was still in battle while sitting in the lobby. Looks like alt+f4 did the trick though

Not sure what happened with that dc.

As a fellow Linne main, I respect ya for going for tk. kuuga combos, but maybe you should start on easier BnBs before moving onto that stuff if you've only been playing for a week.

I barely even use tk. kuuga combos myself but that's me so just thought I'd drop a suggestion. You do you!

Darn, the netcode is acting screwy with me and you all of a sudden. I wonder what it could be. We've got 3 bars connection too!

So, what's UNIST like compared to other games? I've been wanting to play this and Arcana Heart.

I could get down the stuff reliably where I combo 214BA or 214BC into air strings dive kick 2C>6CC. I'm just trying to take my gameplay to the next level

maybe i should try to claw my way up in ranked mode first before getting destroyed every single game in these lobbies first. or Im just getting too frustrated.

Attached: 1548142339807.png (1920x1323, 708K)

Finally wake up in time for a UNIST thread at night but now I'm sick af. At least I can drop this gif I made.

Attached: MikaBongo.gif (456x404, 326K)

Shit, sorry about all these disconnects.
Not sure if that's me or not. I think I was having this issue in that lobby I played the other night too.
I'll give it 1 more shot.

Relatively grounded since being in the air means you'll most likely get tagged by enormous normals, although some characters do get away with more air shenanigans than others. GRD system rewards who plays better neutral with buff/cancel/auxiliary effects

>looking up some of the characters voice actors other rolls
>mfw Hilda predominantly does hentai
Some of her other famous characters

Attached: hilda roles.png (677x352, 456K)

Depends on what you mean by "other games". It's very tame compared to stuff like BlazBlue and Guilty Gear in terms of things such as mix-up and pressure, with far more emphasis on system mechanics and rewarding good defense while punishing bad / predictable offense.

Ah I see. Well keep it up then m8. Best of luck getting it down!

Maybe I'll pick a more netplay friendly stage. No worries haha.

Attached: 1551265138755.jpg (800x800, 260K)

Holy fuck that maid one, absolute diamonds.

That maid POV shit sucked despite her voice.

Attached: D1wjypvVYAELaGZ.jpg (795x777, 91K)

Based maido.

>another drop costs me a round
>tilt out and forget to save the replay again
god damn I thought I was more consistent than this, it's hard to put it aside and focus on improvement when it happens so often

Attached: linen.png (187x216, 76K)

FB knew exactly what they were doing

Attached: DnvFNvYUYAAcaw9.jpg orig.jpg (768x768, 126K)

fuck me i CANNOT beat shamisen

GG OSTs are composed of tons of bland-ass guitar driven generic metal and just a couple of great tracks. UNIST's is overall solid

Sha is a completely different beast compared to my byak. he actually finishes his combos

I figured it looks a lot tamer, Blazblue and Guilty Gear is a little tough for me to understand, because I'm trying to perfect Jump Cancelling and combos.

GGs and thanks for the sets.

not sure if your still here, but the more optimal route is stuff- 2CC- 6[C] instant jump forward assault- j.A- j.B-66C etc also instead of 66b-66C ender you can also do 2C-4B 22A/B/C to get a worm setup

Attached: image2.jpg (3464x3464, 407K)

There's still plenty of that stuff in the game. When I say that it's tamer, I mean that there's no character like Izayoi or Valkenhayn that can force you to deal with absurd amounts of unreactable mix-up. I'd also say that the pace is generally slower.

Fuck I just started the game, I was playing street before and dbfz, the game's speed is killing me, I have so much trouble doing combos with how fast I have to do every moves, I've been training with yuzuhira, I don't plan to stop training but god damn it's harsh coming from slow paced game like street or easy to perform like dbz to unist

Attached: 20190318040811_1.jpg (1920x1080, 296K)

GGs! Glad I could help ya get some matches in. You seemed to be warming up quite well towards the end there too. Keep it up and I'm sure the consistency will be there in the future.

Attached: 1549611784174.jpg (468x659, 63K)

>stuff- 2CC- 6[C] instant jump forward assault- j.A- j.B-66C
Cheers.

>unist beginner picks Yuzu
every time

I mean, you'll still need to jump cancel here but you'll be dealing with less IADs and stuff like that.
But instead you'll have to get used to delays, and buffering dashing attacks

Do your best!

Nothing really screws up my rekka timings than when the game stops a bit during said rekka.
You live this time, sha
>yuzuhira
You know what, you deserve it
Like a moth to a flame

In every fighting game I never play the character I really want and it's annoying me as hell, this one time I want to do it.

Thanks !

Play a different character to start unless you're ready to beat her playstyle into you.

However, if you really like her , then go for it!

can you blame him? Genki sword girl with titties is every weebs venus fly trap.

Was there anything blatantly bad I was doing aside from the usual business of flubbing inputs and combos?
I think the biggest thing I felt was being too button-happy and eating counter hits from it, and not anti-airing.

I feel your rekka related pain, my friend

but what I really feel is the pain of 236c failing me all the time. in combos...as a reversal...pls french bread buff it so it just hits the entire screen like kofxi magaki...byak needs it....

Attached: DyQiaoIUcAE-Ch8.jpg large - Copy (2).jpg (218x234, 49K)

Ah, that's what I was expecting. It's hard for me, because I'm trying to be as reactive as possible and in one instance, I'm getting combo'd to death by Hakumen and I basically whiff/miss all my combos that I just practiced for a few hours.

I really need some advice for two specific things.

1. How do you guys get better at reacting to overhead/assault mixups while crouch blocking?
2. How do you know when it's safe to mash out a quick attack while blocking? Do I have to lab out everything to know the gaps?

I'd really appreciate any input. I feel like until I finally grasp these things, the game is basically unplayable.

Do your best user, and at least stick with the game, if not the character. Don't be like the other 95% of people who start out with Yuzu and drop the game when they find out she's big brain.

wait I actually do drop pretty much everything

Attached: 518303623189626880.png (112x112, 11K)

Start with someone that's not Yuzu

Attached: D0rIYDbU8AAcXUS.png (765x684, 350K)

byak needs better neutral, the only thing the reversal could use is more verticality.

Attached: 2017byakuya.png (1056x1440, 1.87M)

Raw grabs are a dangerous play is what I would suggest.

Try learning some tick throws so you don't get punished (though I wish I had the courage to punish in those matches haha).

In terms of general play I think what you're doing looked fine. Like I said, the shaky start with a lack of confirms started to get fixed as our matches went on.

I definitely need to get in more matches with you to discover what your openings are but for now that's what I noticed. Blocking would definitely help ya though!

If he's having trouble with Yuzu's 3-1, switching characters won't be of much use. Might as well stick with her

>1. How do you guys get better at reacting to overhead/assault mixups while crouch blocking?
It's just experience. Both in terms of being able to react, and in terms of being able to recognize when an overhead is likely to come out.
>2. How do you know when it's safe to mash out a quick attack while blocking? Do I have to lab out everything to know the gaps?
Pretty much, unfortunately. You obviously don't have to memorize every single attack's exact frame data, but you will need to know the most common ones.
Also, just to clarify, it's not like we "know" when it's safe, unless it's blatantly obvious, like after a blocked DP. Frame traps and such are always a threat. There's always some amount of risked involved when trying to mash out of pressure.

>1
Don't shield too much or you'll risk green shield and get popped
Get better in general
Learn how to OS
>2
Try mashing 3D when you have vorpal to see when there really is a gap. But this is something you just learn how to see the more you play

My 6B feels so useless against Orie. Atic's mashing is astounding

Beats the thematic fuckfest that is UNI's soundtrack

>overall solid
There are like 3 great tracks tops, what the hell is solid about that?

I guess so. I always have trouble getting the j.B because when I jump forward I'm still holding forward and so I get j.6b instead which cancels the combo.

Maybe that's the trouble he's having too.

GGs everyone. was nice getting ti play against you again Sha. Just finished Song of Saya so it's time to sleep.

>Hyde is hard execution
It's a relief to know that. The j6C into 66C has been hell for me to learn, and the double quarter circles which are also quite important make it rough for a new stick player. I think I'll switch to someone easier until my execution improves.
Do you mind explaining what frame traps are? Or what it means to be "plus/minus on block"?
>OS
This is Option Select, ins't it? I did read the tutorial on this but it didn't really explain it.
>3D
Chain shift?

ggs

idk why but for some reason it feels like my buttons aren't going off, wtf is happening.

>Scraper Sky High
>Beat Eat Nest
>Cross Thought
>Mutual Situation
>Unseen Entities
>Erudite Eyes
>Gathers Under Night (character select)
All absolute bangers

Fuck me, that looks a bit weird. I find Linne way finickier in terms of execution over Hyde because it's easy to pick when I fuck up with his combos because of rekkas but there's so little to indicate which 214x~x shit you do right for which part of Linne's combos
>Hyde hard execution
Maybe above average but I wouldn't really put him up there, but I'm the hyde guy.
>3D
There's a tutorial mission where you mash 3D to Chain Shift in the soonest possible gap in your opponents blockstring so there's some knowledge in physically seeing the parts where your opponent's are leaving gaps.
And OS' are basically pressing a couple buttons at once to fulfill the multiple functions.

I agree with you my man, im just meme'ing about 236c. If he had some frame data buffs, I'd be a lot happier with him. 66c being punishable so often hurts with how high commitment it already is. That and juice up his dash speed so dashblocking against the likes of yuzu and vatista isn't so awful. Totally not important to making him a better character, but I also wish he had an air super, boy's the only one in the cast without one.

ggs amigo
pull up sunset from the OST and rest easy

ggs PC lobby fun games all around tonight

>Scraper Sky High
Mediocre anime OP tier
>Beat Eat Nest
Unfitting
>Cross Thought
Ok
>Mutual Situation
Gayest VS theme I've ever heard
>Unseen Entities
Mediocre past intro
>Erudite Eyes
Garbage
>Gathers Under Night (character select)
Boring

A frame trap is essentially when you have a gap in your pressure where your opponent can press a button, and doing so will result in them getting hit.
For example: Hyde's 5B-5[C] has a gap in between the hits, and pressing a button here will result in you getting hit.
Being plus / minus on block refers to frames. There are 60 frames per second, and being plus a set amount of frames means that you will recover from your current action that many frames before your opponent, with the opposite being the case for when you're minus.
EG: Hyde's 5[C] is +1, meaning you will be able to act very, very slightly before your opponent if they block it, while his DP is so negative on block that your opponent has time to hit you with a move before you recover (this is called being unsafe on block).

ggs bro

GGs! Hope to play ya next time!

Yeah fuck this

aight ggs PC bros, its gettin late. fun stuff as always

Thanks, I'm determined, worst of case I'll play Orie/Wagner or Akatsuki but for the moment I'll stick with Yuru

Thanks, I'll keep those in mind.

Are Hyde and Eltnum really as high execution as Seth?

Attached: 1499374500649.jpg (424x401, 39K)

Nah, the chart is right in some cases cause a lot of characters aren't that hard but I wouldn't say he's on that level, nor is sion.

>switching between 2f and 5-6f matches
Oh my god someone deliver me from this evil

GGs!

Aside from Yuzuhira, are any characters almost impossible to play effectively with a Controller instead of a stick?

this is not optimal, if you need to do (stuff)-2CC you should start off by learning to confirm (stuff)-2C in to 623A, because it leads to more higher damage and better oki routes. Also learn to hit confirm 22B, the move is incredibly generous and leads to insane damage.

Attached: r193sio1_1280.jpg (600x450, 43K)

Yea that's prob it for my sick ass, I'm sweating up and Im getting a headache. gg PC lobby.

I think one of us here played Yuzuriha on a pad.
But I've seen plenty of people play every other character, even vatista, on pad

Vatista and Seth?

What are Orie's worst and best matchups?

>22B
i meant 66B

Attached: 1519256033741.png (281x326, 171K)

If that's you lord atic, I'm right there in it with you

But I can spare us both by dipping out! GGs amigos, it makes me happy that my combo practice is finally kinda paying off. And remember: paradise lost is good for putting drinks on and little else

Attached: kermit-the-frog-the-great-muppet-caper-2.62.jpg (210x240, 14K)

I'll finish those Expert missions then, it seems they actually contain some essential advice even for newbs. What could OS do though to help block mixups?
So, to see if I understand this right, the real kicker behind winning a situation after block stun is whether your attack is quick enough on draw when taken into account with the +/- from block stun or recovery from being hit to win out on the opponent and hit them before they hit you. Is that right?

Also, as a quick aside, I tested out Hyde's 5B-5[C] only to find that I can counter him while he's charging up the 5[C]. Was it supposed to be 5C, or am I missing something?

Time to bang my head against the wall against this OSing bot

ggs, show up more often since I'm forgetting how to fight Byakuya again.

"which if not victory, is yet revenge" - John Milton

What constitutes execution in this case?
I don't know why, but I've had an easier time with Hyde and Eltnum than others like Akatsuki and Orie.
And Linne. I don't know why but I just can't get into the rhythm for her attacks.

>I can counter him while he's charging up the 5[C].
Huh, I thought the gap was smaller than that. My bad, then. That's my mistake.
And yes, you're correct regarding frame advantage. If you and your opponent both have a move with 5 frame start-up and you're positive on block, yours will hit first, and vice versa if you're negative on block.

I'm assuming Hyde and Eltnam are so far over because of rekkas and reloads.

OSs become very important when you start playing against people who can regularly block overheads and mixups, because probably only Vatista and Seth get to have actual 50/50 guesses on high/low or left/right mixups in this game. Assault and most overheads are within the realm of reacting too, so the game at high level comes down to staggers, throws, and OS baits because OSs specifically help you deal with...strikes and throws.

tl;dr when you start noticing that overheads dont open people up for free anymore and youre tired of being grabbed, thats when OSs will make sense

I wanted to go to DT last night, especially to play maiko, but I got snapped up by things. Lotta stuff going on for me right now but it should even out by May, then my EVO training arc can really begin.

>play ranked
>Akatsuki
>Akatsuki
>Akatsuki
>Phonon
>Akatsuki
>Akatsuki

Netplay akatsukis are all awful

>akatsuki
Fucking slaughter them all
Goddamn apes

hippie you are the true bot for barely dropping anything in this delay.

Yeah, I only got to play maiko for a dozen matches or so but it was fun.

>waifustealer in PC lobby

Prepare to be CHESTO'd.

Attached: 1551259142294.gif (100x100, 24K)

It's on sale on steam
Should I double dip?

I should make a correction: I tested it with Linne's 2A which is just 5 frames on startup, but if you use Hyde's 2B (10f.) or 2C (12f.) you get hit every time. That explains why my desperate attempts to escape block stun using those low moves almost never work. The last part I don't understand is how to calculate that gap between attacks for individual frames. The startup on 5[C] is 23 frames, but obviously the window you have is less than 10 yet at least 5, so the rest is a bit unclear.
Can you give an example of an OS? I'm still lost, sorry.

Yeah because I'm not doing combos, I can't get a hit on you

>these last couple matches
Are you doing some weird GonD thing where you're practicing defense or something?

I'm contemplating how awful my 2b is

yes.

Frame trapping also accounts for things like distance. It doesn't matter if you have time to throw out a 2A if your opponent is too far away for the 2A to actually hit.
>example of an OS
Holding down back and pressing A+D. This will tech a throw and also block low at the same time.

is the PC version more active than the PS4 version around here? I feel like I see more PC lobbies but im only on PS4

Currently 6 people in the PC lobby.

PC has more newbies

It makes much more sense now, thanks.
>Holding down back and pressing A+D. This will tech a throw and also block low at the same time.
Ahh, yeah, that is great huh? It seems perfect to stop falling for that dash-grab trick which so many newbs fall prey to.

Darn, I was really hoping that wouldn't miss, hahaha.

Attached: 1550420181581.png (600x600, 167K)

Nothing to apologize over. An OS is an option select, a way to deal with two situations using only one command. For example, Hyde has a very strong anti-air 3C. If an opponent is dashing toward him, he might assault or try to jump in, or he might try to run up and grab you. If Hyde inputs his 3C as 3C+A+D, then 3C will come out but there is also a throw tech in the input. So if that opponent assaults, he will get swatted by 3C, and if he throws, the throw will get teched, all with one action on Hyde's part. It takes good timing and a little execution to use though, so it cant be used mindlessly but it's still a strong way to deal with a situation. The game has a lot of ways to add a throw tech to other things, and that makes up OSs.

Attached: Dg6HJzLVAAAKxpf.jpg (500x338, 47K)

maybe i should get it on steam then
getting blown up on ps4

Yuzu is the easiest one though.
don't use my color either, fucker.

Glad to be of service!

Welp

Same here. It'd be nice having more people to play with in general, and I want to support the dev since I really like the game so far.

>only 3 buttons of mine are faster than Orie 2C

I'm at a loss at how ineffective my buttons are in this match-up. I can't do this

Where are you trying to find games on PS4? Because I've been on ranked and I've played a lot of games against new players. Like over half of them were white squares.

I thought 6B was 8f which is also one of Hyde's best starters

gg pc bros

Attached: 1285723859.jpg (800x450, 40K)

>pc lobby closes just after I join
GGs again, PC people.

Attached: 29f766d16a.png (540x572, 491K)

ggs everyone, that was fun. Someone else make a new lobby

I had no idea about that one, cheers!
Before I leave, do you know the answer to calculating the amount of frames you have to act before the opponent's next move in blockstring? For you, the blocker, it's obviously just looking at the frame advantage of the opponent's move on block, but with passing link that makes things tricky. I suppose it's just taking the startup for the opponent's next move and subtracting away the recovery frames from the previous one, yeah? So, Hyde's 5[C] has a 23 frame startup, and 5B has an 18 frame recovery. Then I suppose you've got a 5 frame window to act? It's confusing.

Orie can tell Hyde eat shit

ggs PC friends, good to see it's growing.

Here I'll make a new PC lobby for an hour. Thanks for hosting Scoops!

Attached: 1552636425850.jpg (1425x2048, 220K)

Also, GGs. Nice to see alot of improvements that happened so quickly since the last time we matched up. Keep it up m8!

Oh yeah, and kw should be the same for those interested: vee

I'll try to come back regularly, it's been a lot of fun

>you can change lobby music
Didn't know this. Does this apply to everyone or just you specifically?

Just you

Understandable. I doubt everyone would like to listen to my pick (Mika's theme) during lobby time.

>now 6-7f
Sorry hippie but I think I'm going to do one more and call it a night.

You mean calculating the exact frames?
If I were to do that, I'd record it and count the frames manually, or just test it in training mode.
You can always tell if something is positive or negative by recording it, playing it back, and then jumping. If you jump before the dummy, it's negative, and if you jump after, it's positive.
Also, you're not looking your move's recovery, but it's blockstun. It doesn't matter how long the recovery is if you cancel it, since, well, you're *cancelling* it. What's important is how long your opponent is stuck blocking.

>Also, you're not looking AT your move's recovery, but its blockstun.
I'm tired, sorry.

So how do I get into UNIST? What's different about it compared to other fighting games?

I'm beyond angered at the fact that my character can't do shit against safe orie pressure so I already gave up.
Why is everything that isn't 6B in my B button set so fucking ass

The grid system and relatively "weak" mix-up would be the main differences.

Wow, that last match was actually 3-4f.

ggs. I have a harder time when you consciously zone me more, so maybe return to that style. I think trying to mash out of common rebeat/reset points is also more viable offline.

My time will come

Attached: 539px-Profile-Enkidu.png (539x599, 165K)

Yeah, I think I have to, Hyde's up-close data fucking sucks in this context. Not like I can open you up with any of my frame-traps anymore

Looking at it a bit more, I think the math goes like this
>(active frames + recovery frames - 1) - blockstun = frame advantage

It's more grounded and has a more SF like neutral play that only turns anime once someone lands a hit. There's also GRD which both players manage against each other, and re-beat/passing link which it shares with Melty Blood.
Most characters have giant buttons too. I think a lot of people view it as a sort of gateway anime fighter.

Top tier next version trust me my dad works for french bread

Ryuu thinks Hyde is one of Orie's tougher matchups and I'm guessing Hyde's strong projectile/antiair game plus big damage tilts it for him. I also watched Nishine netplay as Hyde against an Orie from his YT stream VOD and he would basically do what you do and zone a lot of the time with 22X and fireball into runup 3C antiairs.

I'm a bit confused.

Say we're talking about Hyde's 5B-5[C], for instance. You block the first hit and mash a low move to counter it. If your move has a 5 frame startup, it works, but if it's 10 frames, the 5[C] hits you first. How do we figure out the cutoff point here where your attacks will hit first? The 5B is -6 on block, and the 5[C] has a 23 frame startup, but the rest of the math here escapes me.
I don't think it's frame advantage I'm looking for necessarily.

What does "OTG" mean in Combos?

In Orie's Primer she has two different meterless max damage enders depending on whether or not she has "OTG"

I knew I had the right idea a couple weeks ago. Fuck fighting up close.
Off The Ground

In that case. you're looking for the difference between blockstun and startup.
>startup - blockstun = gap size

>Off The Ground
Wow I'm retarded, thanks user.

I should've mentioned earlier, me and merk are going to ignite so I might be a little late with the lobby.

The consensus I've seen is generally
Worst matchups: Seth, Byakuya, Merkava
Best matchups: Hilda, Enkidu, Mika

5B frame advantage: -6
5[C] startup: 23 frames

If that's right, wouldn't it be a 17 frame gap size for you to act? That's way too big. The one I found was less than 10.

INBIRTHS IN THE DARK...

FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE

Not frame advantage, blockstun.
Here, look at this. This might help you understand. This is for Valkenhayn in BlazBlue Centralfiction.

Let's take the following string as an example
>2A-5B-5C-6C
and split it up like this
>2A-5B
2A has 11 frames of blockstun and 5B has 10 frames of start-up, so if you cancel it ASAP, there is no gap because 10-11=-1
>5B-5C
Again, no gap because 5B has 16f blockstun and 5C has 14f start-up. 14-16=-2.
>5C-6C
This time there's a gap because 5C has 18f blockstun, while 6C has 19f start-up. 19-18=1, so there's a 1 frame gap.

I think it might be calculated from the last active frame, though, so that math might be slightly off. I'm not entirely sure on that. You get the point, though, yeah?

Attached: Valk frame data.png (1144x506, 56K)

That is really helpful. What site is that? I was using this one:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YNFq2-AJZjJoFH80RxwpzkxIAcu_tYUZcOpQ25IKpG4/edit#gid=2113674315

But it doesn't give you blockstun which makes it hard.

GG's pyro, sorry for my shit connection.

what's untech?

GGs m8. Nah I appreciate the fun times. Also thanks for the Phonon matchup! Glad I got to get alot out of those matches. Looking forward to future matches!

can someone tell me why it's called unist and not unib

That's what people use to refer to the very first version, released on arcades in 2012. They just kept adding on to the same title for future releases, so the last big one is usually called UNIEL, and you get the gist of it.

UNIB: Under Night In Birth
UNIEL: Under Night In Birth EXE Late
UNIST Under Night In Birth EXE Late[st]

UNIEL is a better sounding name than UNIST, let's go back to it

That’s Dustloop.
Also, it might be
>current move’s active frames - 1 + next move’s startup - current move’s blockstun
Again, not 100% sure on that.

IIRC, it’s the amount of hitstun they’re in if hit in the air. The time before they can tech, basically.

so is it better to tech by mashing the button or holding it, both seem to work

so are characters like Seth, Yuzu, and Vatista basically off limits for newcomers?

I agree. Maybe next iteration will be Xtreme and we'll be able to say UNIX.
The mizuumi wiki doesn't list blockstun though, do you know how to calculate it?

Absolutely not, it’ll just be an uphill batlle for a while.

Yes. If you try to play them without at least 500 hours of game time we'll find your house and kill you.

Unfortunately, I do not.

Wish I was bold enough to press buttons like you, jesus

Play who you want, just know what you're getting into.

Attached: 1530379806536.png (1440x1080, 2.67M)

It depends on how ambitious you are

I think I might have figured it out. It's:
Active Frames + Recovery Frames + Frame Advantage
Say you block a Hyde 5B. That's 4 + 16 - 4, or a blockstun of 16 frames. When we talked about the [5]C earlier, I mentioned it had a 23 frame startup, and wanted to find out your window for attack between. By this method, subtracting the startup (23) from the blockstun (16) gives you a 7f. window. I tested this by using Carmine's 2A after blockstun, which worked with its 7 frame startup, while Waldstein's 2A meant that both players took a hit, so this would appear to be right.

That's only one example and it might be wrong, so I'll test it, but if not it has to be close at least. Apologies if it seems like I wasted your time with this, I suppose I could have asked the UNI discord but it was fun finding it myself.

>Apologies if it seems like I wasted your time with this, I suppose I could have asked the UNI discord but it was fun finding it myself.
Not at all, this was fun to think about for a bit. I don’t usually give the math behind it much though.

Thanks for the beatings, didn't mean to keep you this long.
I need to work on my pressure, you could just hit me out of everything.

Attached: 1536621071856.jpg (1280x720, 972K)

GGs GonD. Thanks for the fun Mika mirrors. It's been quite awhile since we last fought. Hope we can do this again soon! I go by sai on PS4 in case you're wondering who this is.

Also thanks for showing me another way to get 3C into different yet similar combo route. I think I'll practice it to change things up.

Also don't worry about keeping me up, it was fun and a great learning experience! You should try to tick throw me more often too. I'm currently quite vulnerable to throws so I need to practice throw teching quite abit. Appreciate it!

Also GGs PC lobby, thanks for all the diferent MUs to play with. It's definitely been worth my while.

Attached: 1551860326363.jpg (1440x1920, 277K)

Attached: 1445835124811.gif (550x400, 153K)

>You should try to tick throw me more often too.
I was trying to, but you hit me out of it nearly every time. I even tried delaying 5As and throwing 623As in there to get you to slow down a bit.
GGs though, I'll either figure something out or pray one of the new characters down the line works out for me.

Attached: 1532971643028.png (1920x1090, 1.12M)

Ah then perhaps it's because I'm familiar with Mika throw setups that I was able to stop them. Either way I think you've got some much more optimal combos than I do for sure!

Those were some nice IW enders that I wish I could do ( I believe they're called CVO?). Thanks again for the fun matches!

This game is dead in Europe, huh.
You guys always start at 4-5 AM, so I guess you're all NA.

Unfortunately there are few EU players here.

I think there are 1 or 2 aussie too.

CVO is cross-cast veil off, it's when you use veil off in a combo.

Ah then yeah, he did it to me a number of times, and quite fancily too if I do say so.

One of these days I'll put some time into creating something like one of those.

Attached: 1551260379303.jpg (1451x2048, 423K)