ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT what is so bad about it you fucks?

ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT what is so bad about it you fucks?

Attached: tumblr_npupmvsVz71sccgsyo1_400.png (340x305, 85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WgPIR89oYdg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Can you even put into words why sonic is so bad these days?

SEGA
HIRE
THIS
MAN

*crunch* *crunch*

Vulnerable.

it's not like a horrible design, but it isn't really good either
the only reason it caught on is the presumptuous phrasing of the video / concept. that, combined with the whims of fate that drive what the internet does and does not notice

pandering to the autistic fanbase who wants sonic to have plot

Indieshit

The design in of itself is not the worst thing ever, but it is what the design represents
Sonic as a character IS his attitude, his snark, his recklessness in danger. This makes him like every other basic platformer character since the beginning of platformers. This could work as its very own IP, but never as Sonic.
The gameplay ideas were not terrible either, but making Sonic this watered-down basic cutesy no personality design takes away everything that makes Sonic as a character charming.
Even if you don't like Sonic for his attitude, you can still recognize him by that, but this has nothing noteworthy

Taking out all the personality from Sonic and making him a soulless shell.

can someone post the video? the original got removed.

kirby armed lookin ass

Takes away all of Sonic's characterization for a retarded indie growing up metaphor protagonist with braindead puzzles shoehorned in stages.
Also SEEGA

Just like the movie, it misses the entire point of Sonic's character. He's literally just Micky Mouse when he was more attitude and less goodie twoshoes, but not an edge tryhard asshole. Everything about his design is meant to be rad dude that wants to keep the peace of his world from being fucked by Eggman. Modern, especially after the forced 2cool4u surferbro shit was over with, was softened up and made into this nonchalant nice guy like Mario. Then Boom and the movie came up and just made it worse with pointless design changes.

OP is just Adventure Time rippoff because it was the hip thing 10 years ago. And it's already more aged and forgotten (thanks to all the Calarts shit) far more than current Modern and especially the timeless classic design is to the point it's laughable he even bothered with this shit for clickbaiting his shitty indie game.

Attached: 09dfb2bdef17ee0676e1506a18d9dfb37d8898cf510b9c97a15c85bb4b20462f.jpg (1200x750, 146K)

Just one, soulless. Hacky devs making casually boring games like boostshit and shitty games during the 2000s.

HIS ARMS SHOULDN'T BE BLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUE

Blue arms

SEEGA, YOURE SHIT IM GOOD NOW HIRE ME

>Modern, especially after the forced 2cool4u surferbro shit was over with, was softened up and made into this nonchalant nice guy like Mario.
And I'd much rather have that than what modern Sonic is now. Unleashed and Black Knight were the last times he was a genuinely likeable character.

youtube.com/watch?v=WgPIR89oYdg

I wanted to disagree with that but I really can't think of an example where he was a good character post-Unleashed
I mean he had a moment or 2 in Colors when the writing wasn't being TOO cringey, but then he does nothing in Generations, is horrible in Lost World, and Forces everyone already knows
Yeah Sonic reeeeally needs 1 decently written game right now

What even is this, honestly? Why does Yea Forums insist on shitting on this image? Does it have to do with the artist? Is he a far leftard? What did he ever do to us?

>playing any Sonic game made after the Genesis era

Attached: leftwingparasite.jpg (466x404, 17K)

Just read the rest of the thread user, it isn't that long
Short answer: dude thought he was smarter than SEGA and could "redesign Sonic" for the modern day. He couldn't

sonic is beyond expiration date.
beyond zombie state.
is even worse than the simpsons somehow.
it reminds me to pachinko but sonic is still getting games.
its so fucking weird and depressing.

>SONIC SHOULDN'T BE COCKY
Why?

Attached: 25e94101eb5d3018fa5e5a5ee36496dd.jpg (400x533, 99K)

>original design literally made Sega more popular than Nintendo out of nowhere
>his design still carries the franchise over 20 years later even when most of the games are shit
>heh I bet I can make a better design

Attached: 9d2.jpg (1270x512, 109K)

>Sonic should dump everything that made him a household name because I have crippling autism

>Seeguh

This video was so fucking stupid
I mean his game pitch didn't even sound that bad as its own thing but it was basically antithetical to the entire concept of Sonic. Might work as a Tails game but even that's a stretch. It was just riding the "sOnIc WaS nEvEr GoOd" train for easy views.

It would be a pretty good design, if Sonic was a series about negative emotions, and fighting depression, and being "vulnerable". But Sonic isn't vulnerable.

The guy's entire premise, is based on this notion that I noticed come into popularity around the time Sam raimi's Spider Man came out. And that's the notion of "a character is good when it's flawed". Spider Man was being sold as this flawed hero, which in turn makes him feel more "real."

This idea sort of got out of hand. As many took it to mean that a character MUST be flawed, in order to be good. And this trend continued(an in many ways, still continues), degrading characters further and further into this weird zone of emotionally vulnerable weaklings. soiboys for lack of better term.

Well Sonic isn't that. Sonic is a good character, because he's someone that we all wish we could be. He's an awesome guy, with no real flaws, except he's kind of impatient at times. And instead of trying to make Sonic work, he turned Sonic into his shitty hipster indie dev abomination.

Attached: Sonic_Unleashed_Running_Render.png (452x552, 191K)

The movie isn't out. How do you know what they did with Sonic?

Sonic's personality is a 90s time chamber that should never be destroyed

>He doesn't know
user I...

Attached: 1551745094948.jpg (353x918, 94K)

That design, as grotesque as it may be, actually embodies Sonic's character. He looks strong and determined. Nothing "forced 2cool4u surfer bro shit" like you stated

What if Mario was exactly the same, but his shirt was red and white plaid?

SEGA

HIRE

THIS

MAN

It spawned one of the worst variants of Wojak yet

Vulnerable. I cannot stress this enough: Sonic should be vulnerable. I have here a vulnerable design. Pay particular attention to the way he appears to be vulnerable, vulnerably clutching at the straps of his bag. This highlights Sonic's vulnerability.

The real mystery is why this design got associated with munching on a chocolate bar

>thinks Sonic should be more animalistic
>makes him even more of a noodl-limbed cartoon monstrosity

Attached: 1537757090054.gif (332x332, 1.68M)

Honestly his ideas aren't bad they just don't fit. He should have just kept to himself and made his own indi platformer instead of wasting time trying to adapt it for Sonic. Could have made something like Shovel Knight.

That was meant for Adventure era. The design still isn't great like OP, but just to clarify, that 2cool4u is Adventure era.

>pandering to the autistic fanbase who wants sonic to have plot
Except thats the opposite of what is happening

TEAM SONIC HIRE THIS MAN

Because it's got nothing to do with sonic as a character, and like it or not the reason sonic became popular and remains popular is his character, both in design and personality

Then seize all his assets legally

Sonic's whole appeal is that he's a 90s 'raditude' mascot relic.
That redesign completely removes that aspect so it looks like any other generic cute character.
Which is fine if that's what you're going for, I guess

what do you think about sonic mania?

its not sonic, its ori

Not him but I think it's a damn fine follow up to 3&K. Been having fun with it since launch day.

Attached: 1547432495486.webm (950x534, 2.81M)

>Tyson Hack

it's not sonic

beginning of the filename

DEAR SEEEEGUH

let me guess, the mouth