Life is Strange

This might sound like a meme, but for a lot of people people (me included) Life is Strange's very emotional story and the connection you form with the characters makes you almost rediscover the value of life.

You'd think a game about high school drama would be boring before you play it. But with life is strange you don't get the "boring high school drama vibe" at all, it perfectly manages to create a very powerful nostalgic vibe where you remissness about teenager stuff. It gets the atmosphere perfectly right with the music and themes like suicide, bullying, loss of friendship, growing up, etc. Constantly hearing Max's internal dialogue as she reflects on everything going on also makes her really grow on you as a character. At times you end up almost knowing everything she will say, and often feel the exact same way. As Max develops and becomes stronger you feel proud of her, because over the course of the game she has grown so close to you.

Personally I think episode 5 is one of, if not the best episode. Very max-centric and shows how much she has grown as a character. Say what you want about the endings, but I think the bay ending has an interesting symbolic meaning that you can extrapolate onto the entire story, where the time travel stuff is simply a coping mechanism to get over the fact that her best friend just got shot, and the entire game is a sort of journey towards acceptance.

Attached: 1458947233833.png (672x986, 706K)

For you see, everything that happens past Chloe getting shot is in max's head, trying to deal with her best friend dying after she waited years to contact her, even after she got back to Arcadia bay. The "nightmare" at the end is her subconsciousness trying to get her to back to reality. Sacrificing Chloe is accepting her death and moving on, and sacrificing Arcadia bay is letting the tornado (her grief) wipe her out and going insane. All the people in the cafe in her dream represents the people that will "die" for her if she goes insane, and the edgy "cereal" max she is talking to is the part of max's mind that wants to accept reality and snap out of it, while Chloe represents the opposite part.

Going from max the socially awkward to being max the awesome superhero saving the day and befriending everyone with her time powers reflects her delusion that she can make everything perfect and reverse Chloe's death. Those being mad about the endings and that the choices you made didn't have an effect on it is missing the entire message the game is trying to convey. Being left empty at the end is your way to feel max's pain and hopefully also accept Chloe's death in the same painful way she did.

Attached: ;__;.jpg (1000x1365, 375K)

Nice pasta.

She looks like she fucks black guys

Can you like, shut the fuck up, for five seconds? The game is literally JoJo part 4 - Tumblr Edition, the time mechanics are fun and the girls are cute but that's it, story makes no sense, dialogue is low-key cringe and both Max and Chloe can't act like anything other than autists or psychos, it has zero "emotional value" and it does not deserve a two post pasta.

Attached: images (8)_new_new.jpg (739x415, 22K)

No matter how how you make fun of it, no matter if you were to compile 100 in depth analysis papers on why it's bad, it still can't take away the fact that it made me feel more than any other game ever has, and I know that's true for a lot of other people.

Attached: 2783818-0099827902-.jpg (1920x1080, 133K)

>the girls are cute
max is a basic indie 4/10 and the blue haired bitch was a basic 3/10 horse faced "punk"
imagine being such a loser you find these repulsive things "attractive"

congratulations on being a huge faggot bitch

You insults don't work on me, for I forgive you.

Attached: 1489991615555.jpg (425x516, 165K)

Well man lemme break it to you...either you're a total pansy or you're going absolutely insane
In comparison to a sizeable chunk of females in western games, real life "waifu" standards aside they're not THAT bad, but I do agree they're very basic

If you think being able to feel emotion from media makes you a pussy then you're either too young to be posting on this website, or have some personal growth to do.

Max is a 7 at least. Come on.

I think it's dogshit, the first 4 episodes are at least, I never bothered with the fifth.

Lol you enjoyed a video game? What a loser

She's easily a 7 in looks and a 10 in personality.

The true ending is Max becoming Victoria's secret slave.

i just want to kill the blue hair cunt

You sound like a pussy.

So, you got a good experience out of a videogame. That's nice and all, but that still doesn't makes the game good. Most people got similar experiences from better sources, like from movies. Like, say, Butterfly Effect, the movie LiS is """inspired""" by.

I don't know, but I really, really wanted to bang the blue haired emo.

Attached: 1544365674069.png (279x249, 99K)

She's punk not emo

It's always hard to tell if these posts are made by unwashed NEET neckbeards or jealous roasties

Or just people wanting to bait you, since you don't even know what trolling means?

This is why I adore this age of everyone being a retarded activist who thinks the internet is serious business, it's the golden age of trolling, people get so mad at absolutely nothing that it's crazy.

I want to hug Max and tell her eveyrhungs alright

It's a valid criticism but 4 and 3 are too low, I'd say maybe 7 and 6 seem more reasonable

>hurrr roastie
>hurr autistic virgin
God, there's nothing more despicable than this new wave of newfags who have come here in the past 3 years.
It's obvious you all come from Twitter and came here during the elections.

Cool. You like a bad product and I'd be stupid to try to make you think otherwise. I think it's great you could get a good experience out of something so flawed.
Doesn't mean it isn't bad.

Wait a second man you fucking killed chloe in the end?
Dude I mapped my whole run to get the best ending possible, keep the gun, keep the 5000 and bailing the fuck out of there

Attached: FaceApp_1547788892738.jpg (1236x1079, 453K)

We all do

Attached: 1480451502342.png (1920x1080, 1.17M)

>10 in personality
fucking cringe dude what are u 40 or somn