Balamb Garden......Home

Balamb Garden......Home.

Attached: balamb garden.jpg (900x517, 131K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZMYisFOaz1s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Whatever.

>Because this place is important to me, too.

MY HEART

Attached: 1339203758172.jpg (1058x511, 179K)

...Whatever.

you can go home at any time

Attached: 1552804611655.jpg (800x600, 174K)

*AHEM*

FUUCK MINECRAFT

Attached: Make An HD Remaster.jpg (2346x1320, 884K)

This was a pretty cool game for about the first 2 discs, then it nose dived. Honestly of all of square's games, FF8 is the one that deserves a remake the most, to help it reach its potential. But they would probably turn it into some FFXV tier trash now

Threadly reminder that whenever he says "Whatever" he has proper internal monologues in the Japanese version that the translators were too lazy to translate.

source?

Yeah, and squall gets shit for it, despite being a pretty solid protag for his time in the end. What really sucked about FF8 was the forced rinoa bullshit, and she was unlikable on top of the romance being forced.

what is this?

You mean the English translators gave him a wonderfully approximate dismissal quip which also matched his tone and gestures AS WELL AS a simple and perfect catch-phrase?

Wow!

Attached: 1505566526320.jpg (478x499, 135K)

home

There's just...one thing.

unironically souless ew

Attached: 043.jpg (368x368, 129K)

Now, while I have enough screenshots of exact pixel scenes to fill the thread before I even reach disc 2, I wish I have more actual frame perfect gifs of any scene with movement than the dozen or so I have.

Attached: 034.jpg (320x224, 67K)

Like this one.

Attached: Balamb Port.gif (448x224, 197K)

Or this one.

Attached: Winhill's Dock.gif (448x480, 247K)

AAAAAAHHH
Why does it look so comfy???

FF8 is a world meant to be lived in.

Attached: Dollet.gif (480x320, 210K)

>What really sucked was the best thing about 8
Uh huh.

I'm a hardcore fan with FF8, so many times I would even try to escape reality with lucid dreaming, I would be in Balamb Garden where I would often train with Zell in the training center and help Selphie with the Garden Festival, but one day as I was talking to Selphie, we went to my dormitory for a private talk. She immediately said, "You know you could live with us forever.." I gave her a confused look and she continued, "We understand that you live on earth and you REALLY wish to live here". I then said "How..How did you know?" She then giggled and said "Because we've been watching you, silly!"

This was a dream come true and I almost cried right there. She then said, "I talked with Headmaster Cid and he agreed that you would be PERFECT for SeeD, you just have to do...one thing". She then held my hand and looked deep into my eyes and said "...You have to kill yourself for the transfer to work correctly." I then gave her some questions, "How long do I have before the deal expires?" She then said "Cid said 3 months.." I added by saying "What's the most painless way?..." She giggled again, "Suicide will require pain buuut...if you want it quick...Get a gun and a nice shot to the head works.

I then agreed and she gave me a kiss on the forehead, "I know this will be tough but once it's over and done, you'll get to live here!" I then woke up and this was last week and i purchased a gun. I might actually kill myself because that dream just felt too real to be fake and my life isn't doing so grand.

>You'll get to live here!

Attached: Balamb Garden.gif (480x336, 279K)

I can’t remember if this was pasta or not.

If not, don’t kill yourself please.

I already have too many other games to get through, why are you doing this to me?
Fuck it, FF8 here I come, again. All the new shit can wait.

FF8 is my second favorite FF game after 7.

It’s beautiful in so many ways.

>Not recognizing classic pasta
Lurk. Who am I kidding, I bet more than 90% of current users can't recognize old memes.

My thoughts exactly.

Has anyone played the PC version? Does it look much better?

>The Castle starts playing

Attached: 1527082275062.gif (220x168, 257K)

That's actually what I went off to install.
I think it looks fine for the most part. There is an issue with the music if I remember correctly, but you can find a mod that corrects it.

>Has anyone played the PC version?
i have
>Does it look much better?
yeah, but you have to mod it A LOT though, its pretty bad out of the box.

... well was befor fuckeed everything up

Attached: 007777771.jpg (1280x720, 101K)

ri don't get the comments about the romance being forced, it honestly lands pretty naturally if you think about their circumstances and the like.

or you can go with the theory that squall was forced to fall in love with her

If you
>keep your eye on the scenery
>seriously, enjoy the locations, each screen, every new panel
>remark at how wonderful and intricate this charming world is
you'll easily love it.

Attached: Timber Hotel.gif (368x224, 335K)

I’m sorry I just couldn’t remember.

I first came on here circa 5 years ago. Intermittently visited over that period.

Visited daily during my heyday of posting about me having platinumed Bloodborne in 10 days however after the 1 year anniversary I lost interest.

Pic related

Attached: 44C1F931-B7F0-4360-9D19-CED06B64A73D.jpg (1024x672, 92K)

More, and more of it. Dark and scary, comfy and relaxing, wild and exotic.

Attached: Ultemicia's Castle Entrance.gif (496x368, 260K)

Still makes me laugh

Attached: awwYissBoi.png (444x444, 285K)

You'll get it all.

Attached: Edea's Cottage.gif (448x224, 391K)

FF8 and Shadow Hearts Covenant will forever be my favorite JRPGs. Nobody else seems to be able to world build anymore.

FF8 made me feel like I was in some weird future while Shadow Heats Covenant made me feel like I was roaming the 1940s with a group that history forgot.

Attached: SH_covenant.jpg (256x365, 48K)

Screen after screen to lose yourself in. And you won't feel lost.

Attached: Deep-Sea Research Center.gif (416x272, 360K)

user, FF8 is my favorite FF, I already love it. I just have such big backlog, I've been putting off replaying my old favorites.(Though I did start a new playthrough of V:tM Bloodlines a coupe weeks ago.)

Triple triad time

And you'll be content,

Attached: More dollet.gif (320x480, 131K)

>bragging about using a guide
never ceases to make me laugh

You'll know "every town is like this. Every location. It's all named. It all. Looks. Like this."

You could leave.
But you won't.

Attached: East Galbadia Station.gif (512x400, 181K)

Your home, as an enlisted Balamb Garden student...

Attached: 107.jpg (320x224, 58K)

with a roommate to make friends with...

Attached: 103.jpg (320x224, 55K)

Or perhaps some other dorm, where all your needs are always provided for

Attached: 105.jpg (320x224, 55K)

...both day and night.

Attached: 106.jpg (320x224, 53K)

Always a place for you to be...whatever you want to be.

Attached: 056.jpg (480x368, 203K)

Including sick, where someone will help you.

Attached: 051.jpg (320x240, 70K)

Or a place to train...

Attached: 085.jpg (480x480, 266K)

...where someone may confess themselves to you.

Attached: 090.jpg (320x224, 74K)

I think eshtar was where it officially becomes crap, due to muh rinoa focus, vidya dweebs she not write romance stories, or at least make them the central story.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZMYisFOaz1s
top comf

Attached: 1532572402212.jpg (796x1200, 136K)

Without even LOOKING at my laptop screen when opening this link, LONG BEFORE even CLICKING the embed hyperlink, INSTANTLY as I read
>top comf
I thought, "this will be Fisherman's Horizon."

You're not wrong, user.

Attached: 381.jpg (320x224, 67K)

Swaggercraft......Home.

Attached: Swaggercraft.jpg (871x514, 162K)

>top speed of 42,000 km/hour
>twin 152mm automatic lasers
>609mm particle cannon

The best airship

Attached: Ragnarok.png (1280x896, 1.47M)

I don't hold any hope that FF8 will get a remake, but I have some vague belief that one day FFXIV will get Ultimecia's Castle as a raid, complete with unlocking actions as you choose what bosses to beat first.

What was that arsenal designed to fight against

This is potentially THE most underrated game of the PS2 era

And really, you can park it anywhere!

Attached: 580.jpg (320x224, 71K)

That is over 11000m/s
That shit would literally burn up if it went that fast

i liked trabia

You wouldn't believe how long it took me to realize I could park it in FH

Moon monsters

That's probably it's space top speed which isn't that fast for science fiction. A trip to our moon would still take 9 hours at that speed

That's a shame. Walk there, train ride, dock your Balamb Garden...or your Ragnarok spaceship!

Not great for their solar panels, though.

Attached: 399.jpg (480x224, 100K)

Attached: Galbadian Missile Base.jpg (1136x272, 233K)

That always seemed REALLY fucking random.

"Oh, BTW, the moon is also literally hell and demons shower down from it every so often.
Don't ask why! It'll just make you not able to sleep at night!"

That’s literally the least prominent issue with FF8’s story.

Telling me the moon is evil and giving a quick bullshit excuse about monsters or some shit is way fucking better than 99% of that game’s script.

I’ve only ever seen one person actually defend FF8’s story, I’ve seen plenty defend the gameplay but I can’t honestly believe anyone would defend the plot and not be shitposting like that one guy certainly was.

>Movin' starts playing

The entire plot is actually a dream that Squall is having in the hospital after Seifer put him into a coma in the opening cutscene.

Seriously, why didn't Muscle Sorceress just kill all the moon monsters? If she did that, the entire planet would voluntarily suck her dick which she undoubtedly had for the rest of all time.

>adel
>"Sorceress"

>I’ve only ever seen one person actually defend FF8’s story
I could easily do that. Including whatever translation qualms you might have.
I could also reference where they got the majority of their main character ideas, plot points, and practically ALL of their romantic sets. Tokyo Love Story
I could even argue the romance presented between Squall and Rinoa was was Squall really needed, that any other woman would have given up.

It wouldn't necessarily make romance any GOOD, but the story itself is quite redeemable and even enjoyable. If you allow it. And I've posted, at length about it before. To some positive response!

But it's long, there's a character limit on 4Chanel.mil and you don't seem like the type who's willing to entertain the idea of FF8 having a plot for a 40-hour game.

Attached: 1350594940803.jpg (566x800, 109K)

I assumed that the moon monsters are continually being generated by the moon through some kind of magic bullshit.

A sorceress doesn't have unlimited power. She couldn't do that.

Instead, it was much easier to FORCE a nation to suck her dikclit by becoming its totalitarian ruler. Which doesn't make you popular, but you get what you want for a while!

Attached: Timber_TV_Station.jpg (600x450, 87K)

Probably. Every few hundred years or so, the moon literally can't hold anymore and ejaculates a majority of them to the planet, after all.

Blame Hyne, I guess.

Attached: 20-20.png (1321x563, 132K)

Hyne should have been the villain, not ultimecia. Literally the only way to make ultimecia compelling as a villain rather than just "oh, its a random evil girl from THE FUTURE" is to fanwank her being an insane rinoa to give an emotional tie to the protagonist.

>We built a machine to contain her, but we don't have a way to put her in it
>lol just push her in

Laguna is the most brilliant man in the world and Esthar didn't deserve him.

Its like if someone in shinra was asked "how do we stop sephiroth?" and just said "Uh, can we shoot him with a gun?" and then did it.

FF8 easily has the best setting in all of FF

>not 12
someone doesn't like giant bunny girls.

FFVIII was pretty bland for settings. FFIX had better settings. Even VII may have been more complex. Even its focus on coastal settings felt like it was outdone by X.

Looks suspiciously like the honey select main lobby.

Well, I still like Ultimecia the PENULTIMATE villain, at least. Let Hyne come in at the end and go, "this shit again? Even the ones that got my magic are screwing up with time loopholes, I gotta come in and fix it so the universe doesn't destroy itself. Do you know how many times this period of time has repeated itself??? Humans were a mistake."

Everything's better in Hynesight.

Attached: Ultimecia.png (975x1121, 911K)

>tfw thinking there is nothing wrong with VIII's story and instead think it is actually a pretty good story, but don't have the capability of arguing this point due to bad memory
Fuck I'm glad at least 1 person out there recognizes this and has the ability to argue on behalf of us that don't have shit taste.

>So, like, here's a German scientist that performs morally ambiguous work on sorceress to create time travel. Including your adopted daughter.
>Hallo ze new Prezident, Laguna. I vill love to continue vis mai verk, if you allow it?
>Uh. No.
Brilliant.

Attached: Man With the Machine-Gun.jpg (850x2527, 370K)

Attached: You vant fisticuffs.jpg (1053x358, 38K)

12 is a strong contender for best setting in FF. Ivalice is an amazing place, it's had lots of games to expand the lore, and FFXII presents it better than any other.

Attached: attention to detail.webm (960x540, 1.97M)

What caused you both to think of Doctor Odine at the same time? Wtf??

Attached: 1506136993901.gif (295x562, 2.93M)

You could say that Hynesight's 20/20.

Attached: 1509126163245.jpg (810x1080, 577K)

Joke's already been posted.

Attached: Face_of_Seifer_Almasy.jpg (2000x3268, 907K)

Time Kompression

Akursed SeeD...

Attached: FF8_Ultimecia_Final.png (932x909, 553K)

What this entire "Rinoa is ultimecia" theory anyways? It sounds like autistic fanfiction, there's nothing in game to even hint at it.