Games with attention to detail

I finally got a PS4 a few weekd ago and finished The Last of Us yesterday. Now I feel like every other game I'd like to play is going to disappoint compared to it.
Not because of the uninspired gameplay or the cliche story but because of all the attention to detail in the world building and the way the characters interact with the world and each other.

Is there any other game that does this? Open world trash need not apply.

Attached: the-last-of-us-could-get-sequels-but-they-won-t-star-joel-and-ellie-2.0.jpg (1200x800, 146K)

Are any of the Uncharted games worth it?

wrong board.

It's okay user, you'll be able to afford that PS4 some day.

NuGod of War.

1st half of uncharted 4 was legit 8.5/10 everything else uncharted is legit ass water

Attached: 246a8467-1cc5-4b5d-8411-33c1c3087321.jpg (600x800, 59K)

Neil, please get off Yea Forums, this is not "working"

>Filenames that didn't age well

Graphic whore.

> group of human enemy discovered you
> they start shooting at you
> you duck under a cover for like 30 sec
> The enemies forgot you are there and scatter all over the map to look for you
> never check the place where they last saw you ducking under cover

But Uncharted 2 is the best one until you hit Shambhala then it's all downhill

UC2 is good in every aspect
UC3 is ass, idk about multiplayer though
UC4 is good gameplay wise but kinda medicore story for single player. PvP multiplayer is ass due to shit progression system but PvE co-op missions are good

kek

>Magically gravitate towards your new hiding place even though they didn't see or hear you
I mean yeah the gameplay was pretty shit.

The shooting in the first 3 Uncharted games is so weak and unsatisfying that they're nearly unplayable. Especially after playing 4, which is a huge improvement

Attached: 1539994880209.jpg (640x480, 51K)

Pirate Island is fun as hell what are you talking about

Attached: maxresdefault (38).jpg (1280x720, 112K)

>Attention to detail
>"Bare with me"
:)

UC2 feels good because the setplay were the freshest. Of course UC4 is an improvement due to it being a natural progression by adding on destructible cover, limited ammo for weapons, and better enemy’s AI and more open space every engagement. However, UC3 was a downgrade because grenade throw back was a mistake. UC3 was also going too far on those walking “cutscene” segment

That game is shit. Any game is better lol. Get horizon

I hate how the first 3 UC games, the triangle button both picks up ammo and picks up guns. Like say you have a 44 magnum,and lying on the ground infront of you is more ammo for the 44 and a 9MM pistol. There is no intuitive way to pick up the 44 without risking accidentally picking up the useless 9MM. They fixed this in 4 by making picking up ammo a tap and picking up a new gun a hold. But in those first 3 games its super frustrating

The biggest oversight in AI is in the very last level where you have to rescue Ellie. All those guys in military gear are coded to move very little or not move at all from the hall way they are bunker in and guarding. You can find an angle to shoot them in the face and they won’t even react nor shoot back but still take damage and die.

I've played Horizon but found it to be extremely generic. I'd rather get Spider-Man if I'm falling for the open world meme anyway.

Is starting with 4 a big nono? Not sure if I can stay interested for 4 similar games.

>Is starting with 4 a big nono?
Well, you're going to miss a lot of back story. I'd say it's safe to skip the first game and the third game, or just skim through some playthrough videos to get the gist.

Yea. I would say play 2 and 4. Character development and story in 4 only kinda make sense if you play at least an earlier game, except for the inclusion of drake’s brother. I think 2 can provide that experience the best. 1 is also good for story but the gameplay feels really dated for 1. UC3 story makes no sense and doesn’t add much to the story and UC4 retcon even more stuffs from UC3 story. UC3 gameplay is also terrible mechanically.

The Ship section of 3 is either gonna be a blast or is going to make you uninstall the game. This area especially you're just getting shot from all side and it just feels completely hopeless. Once you finally beat it feels pretty unsatisfying since it feels more like brute force luck than actual skill

Attached: maxresdefault (39).jpg (1280x720, 137K)

The problem with 3 is that you can just hide between a cover, throw back every grenade, and blindfire any enemy who approach you. That section specifically is a bit annoying until I figure that enemies can’t do shit to you while underwater so you just keep diving and picking them off

It doesn't help that visually it's a fucking mess, too. Every rusted out ship looks exactly the same, so it's easy to lose your bearings and forget where the hell you are. I understand they probably did that on purpose, but it's just not good game design.

Thanks man, that's actually helpful.
I've got RDR to get through for now, but after that I'll see if I can pick up UC2 somewhere.