GBA Appreciation Bread

What game could always be found in your GBA?

For me it was Superstar Saga. We never had a SNES and missed out on Paper Mario so this was my first Mario game with RPG elements and I played the shit out of it. Had lots of good times playing it on car rides.

What about you user?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 84K)

Attached: Shaman King - Master of Spirits 2 (U)-190308-171355.png (1920x1080, 986K)

I fucking loved Yoshi's Island. Yeah the snes version is superior, but as a kid this was all I needed.

I only had 5 games ever put into my GBA
Megaman Battle Network 3 Blue
Golden Sun: The Lost Age
Bionicle the game
And a LotR game I didn't like that I traded to a cousin for Golden Sun with a dead battery

Out of these, I played Battle Network 3 the most by far and it's the one in my GBA right now.

I just the other day 100%'d Mario Advance, what a fucking shit port. That camera drove me up the fucking wall.

GBA had one of the greatest handheld lineups of all time. Here's a quick list of some of my favorite titles, missing a lot on here but these are just some of my personal nominations. If you're looking for GBA games to check out, give some of these a go- the first few are the ones I would absolutely consider must plays
>Castlevania Aria of Sorrow
>Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance
>Castlevania Circle of the Moon
>Warioland 4
>Metroid Fusion
>Metroid Zero Mission
>Gunstar Super Heroes
>Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland / Amazing Mirror
>WarioWare Inc. games
>Advance Wars
>Drill Dozer
>Boktai
>Ninja Five-O
>Final Fantasy Tactis
>Final Fantasy Advance
>Tactics Ogre
>Fire Emblem
>Golden Sun
>Iridion 3D / Iridion II
>Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga
>Mario Tennis
>Yoshi's Island
>Super Mario World games
>Legend of Zelda GBA games
>Metal Slug
>Harvest Moon FoMT
>DooM and DooM II (it still blows my mind that not only were these two games ported, they're solid as fuck ports that run and play great on the GBA, and DooM II even had GBA multiplayer deathmatch support for up to 4 players)
>Classic NES Series line of ports
>Mother 3 (patch the nip ROM with the English translation)
Pic related, muh original GBA with a backlit AGS101 screen mod and Everdrive X5 for loading and playing ROMs. Would recommend, probably the greatest GBA experience you can have. You get the ergonomics of playing on the original, controller-shaped GBA, with the crisp, backlit screen of the SP, as well as the ability to load literally the ENTIRE GBA catalog on an sd card and carry it around with you on one GBA cartridge.

Attached: ags101.png (2016x1512, 3.42M)

more GBA AGS101 backlit goodness

Attached: ags101_2.png (2016x1512, 3.66M)

I got a GBA (SP) way after it came out, but I really enjoy the system. I have 18 games for it. My favorites are Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island, Densetsu no Stafy 3, Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, and Bomberman Tournament. I think the game currently in my GBA is Bomberman Jetters Game Collection.

Shit I'm considering pulling the trigger on a pre-made build like this one off eBay. It's about $120 or so, but considering how much I still enjoy playing GBA games it might just be worth it.

Was this a DIY mod? I'm not mechanically inclined which is why I'm considering a prebuilt one.

I prefer the SP, but yeah its the best handheld. Battle Network series, Golden Sun, Pokemon, Superstar Saga, Advance Wars, ahhhhh. Mine;s screen is really dim now for some reason but I can still play in decent lighting. Maybe I'll replay mmbn3 (white of course).

It was usually either Hamtaro, a Battle Network or Zero game, or Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. Sometimes it was Metroid Fusion. Boktai if it was a bright day, Sonic Battle if it wasn't. Other games that'd turn up in it were Kirby & the Amazing Mirror, WarioWare or Wario Land 4, the FF ports in spite of having the original games, or the Pokemon spinoffs because at the time I was so freaked out by the sheer number of mons that I just abandoned the main series.

Yeah, mine was DIY. DIY is probably only cheaper if you already own a GBA, the screen itself will run you 70$ for an authentic one. As far as not being mechanically inclined, that shouldn't really matter too much- it's about 20 minutes of simple work.
>pop open the case, unplug the old screen and pull it out
>plug in the cable for the new screen, plug in the new screen into the board
>use a dremel or exacto knife to trim the old case a bit to fit the new screen in
>close it all back up
Easy as pie. I'd definitely recommend getting it in one form or another though, it really is the definitive way to enjoy GBA titles

the GBA was some pretty powerful hardware for the time but holy shit the platform had nothing but shovelware

same with the DS

>Nintendo ever hacving poweful anything
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH

dude it's a 32-bit handheld from 2001, it's pretty good

I only owned two games for GBA: Metroid Fusion and Minish Cap.

I love the fuck out of Fusion, it's the sole reason I got into castlevania later on. I still replay it every now and then, it's just so good

>the GBA was some pretty powerful hardware for the time

imagine believing this

I played the shit out of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

How do you feel about Marche?

>GBA had one of the greatest handheld lineups of all time
user, it really didn't. I remember living through it and the thing was absolutely bloated with ports and remakes. Even your list includes them. It did have some great games, but they were overshadowed by the ports and remakes.

douche

I love GBA games!

Attached: 20190317_191652.jpg (4032x1960, 2.53M)

>most early games used garish palettes because Nintendo went cheap with the screen
>no dedicated sound hardware
>240x160 resolution
>3 years later Sony releases the Dreamcast-tier PSP

it was a shit hardware, Jim

FF5 Advance was fun as fuck and had seemingly infinite content

Attached: 51YzRBsh1oL.jpg (500x500, 57K)

is there any 2d beatem-ups that play like this?, this is legit my favorite gba as a kid

Attached: Dragon dragon.jpg (350x233, 29K)

Can someone suggest a must-play GBA game? Ive so far played Superstar Saga, mother 3, warioland 4 and Pokemon emerald. preferably not a jrpg

Attached: 1549877046063.gif (700x300, 188K)

double dragon advance

Attached: Ds games.jpg (1675x7154, 3.41M)

whoa, backlit GBA classic? Is that a mod?