Will it come out this year?

Will it come out this year?

Attached: D14pBgUVYAAKGNB.jpg (2048x1152, 213K)

user...

that looks fucking good

but judging this post it's probably cancelled

This picture was posted on their twitter today, so I'm guessing it's still alive

Yes, but it'll be an Epic store exclusive.

Probably not because they spent years working on a version of the project that was scraped.

I got SS2
can I make any build in the go or should I plan it? I don't know how anything works

that's fucking good

from the way they talk about it on the dev streams it feels more like it's coming next year

So is this soul or soulless?

Soulful.

Looks pretty faithful

Attached: DyCE_IpUwAA5Xg6.jpg (1200x696, 126K)

Depends if it turns out to be as good as RE2 did.

honestly it doesn't look much better than alien isolation

You tell me

Attached: c273e796c50ab2f3d52819dc5cea8c79_original.png (1276x673, 1.09M)

NightDive said there will be news on monday at GDC. Coincidentally, System Shock 3 news will also be announced there.

Avoid psionics at first, sorta have to go all in on it and its pretty crap next to the alternatives
Get some points in maintenance so you can keep your guns from falling apart
Difficulty peaks at the cargo bays, good luck

That's actually pretty fucking cool.

soulless

Ur mom's soulless.

Dumbass Kickstarter backer here.
They're going to show off the medbay area at GDC.

Attached: Screenshot_20190317-152850_Gmail.jpg (1080x1846, 568K)

Looking surprisingly faithful
Hope they make the shooting satisfying because goddamn does SS1 have lots of it

Attached: system_shock_hopper_by_schluberlubs-d4pwo8d.gif (98x119, 9K)

We'll find out when we start to see actual gameplay.

I wouldn't hold out much hope though. The people making the remaster never cared about the original, and were only interested in turning it into its sequel and successors. Now they've been forced into doing this instead, I can easily see them making something visually faithful, but completely stripping out all the complex clunky bits of the game, even though those were the bits that made the game interesting.

sounds simple, thanks user

Last I heard they were going to tone down the action to make it more of a straight horror game. But I haven't kept up with the backer updates so who knows what they're planning these days.

What's all the hubbub about remaking this game?
Never played it until last week and the Enhanced Edition was perfectly fine. Besides, from all the amazing aspects the game has, the combat is as shallow as a kiddy's pool and they're not gonna change it. Pretty useless remake imo

psionics is best on impossible difficulty

What’s going on with SS3? I heard the publisher Starbreeze got rekt

are the devs still working on the game?

The initial plan was to reboot the game rather than do a straight remaster of the original. But they didn't have nearly the experience or money to pull that off, so now they're making a remaster on a limited budget in order to satisfy the kickstarter backers.

Who knows.
The dev's last game (also their first game) Underworld Ascendant flopped hard.

reposting my thoughts from I dislike:
>everything looking like it is coated in vaseline like a baby's first unreal engine project
>no real gameplay or seeming design plan as devs contradict eachother on whether or not they're going to add rpg elements to the game or keep it like the original
>pixellated textures which give me a faux-retro vibe when SS1 was state of the art at time of release
>porting over the unity assets so we still have that overly huge pipe hammer with the glowy gloves
>no talk on what they're going to do for enemy AI since in the original pretty much everything is just a hitscanner
>game is going to be shown at the epic games booth at GDC which hints at the game potentially being epic store exclusive

Aside from that, it's probably still going to be better than SS3 which is on Unity and is going to be an "exploration game" compared to Prey (which already had maybe 1/4 the amount of action as SS1 and 2 and reaffirms my belief that war inspector had no real hand in the original aside from maybe very broad design ideas).

News monday at GDC.

Attached: SS3.png (1843x629, 273K)

Otherside sold the publishing rights to SS3 back to Starbreeze. Nobody knows how the game is being funded now.

Better keep the fucking music.

>pixellated textures which give me a faux-retro vibe when SS1 was state of the art at time of release
>porting over the unity assets so we still have that overly huge pipe hammer with the glowy gloves
Pretty much all they can do now that their investors bailed out mid-development. They just don't have the budget for top tier visuals.
>game is going to be shown at the epic games booth at GDC which hints at the game potentially being epic store exclusive
Or, you know, that it's developed on UE4.

Already confirmed it won't.

one of their devs already left to go work at epic so there's obviously some talks between the two

Attached: dump086.png (1920x1080, 1.38M)

Perhaps. that would suck hard.
Hope they didn't snatch SS3 also. I will have to pirate both those games then.

when they said prey was too action focused and that ss3 would be more of an exploration game it already went on my "to pirate" list
worst part of prey was the lack of enemies compared to ss1/2

I liked Prey, so that's fine with me.

Well if it's those devs then I hope they take their time. Take 10 years guys, just make a real game.

Who's going to pay for development for another 10 years though? Underworld was a mess because the kickstarter money ran out and they simply had to push out what they had. If SS3 are already down 12 million because of Starbreeze, it can't bode well.

i liked prey as well but i don't want something with LESS action

Attached: 480490_20190114085416_1.png (1920x1080, 2.28M)

We'll see I guess.

God, how I envy you for playing SS2 for the first time.
I wish I could go back not knowing anything about the story or plot. People always bitch about this or that, for me the only gripe I ever had with this game was the respawning enemies. But that is such an easy trade-off for one of the best gaming experiences of all time.
Only if you finish SS2 you will understand how fucking shit and surface-level Bioshock & Co. actually are.

The respawning enemies are fine.
I recently did a playthrough on impossible and the only effect they have is that when you return to areas way later, they're not completely empty. It's pretty well thought out for the most part with specific enemies in specific areas spawning. Camera alert spawns make sense since it's supposed to be a giant, fully crewed ship with the many roaming around.

Attached: dump093.png (1920x1080, 565K)

dat thigh gap
tfw no cyborg midwife gf

Will you?

tfw no shodan gf