Found a poster for this in my dead father's apartment RIP dad ;_;. Had no idea he even played video games...

Found a poster for this in my dead father's apartment RIP dad ;_;. Had no idea he even played video games. Was it a good game?

Attached: 51XCWHRBNTL._SY445_.jpg (319x445, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/vr/thread/5402232#p5408278
youtube.com/watch?v=QUHeWaDjuZ0
youtu.be/B3pclUiro-4
neverwintervault.org/tags/penultima
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Beamdog is a guilty of a number of different crimes. Here are the major ones.

1. The Enhanced Editions are essentially a collection of free mods that had existed for nearly twenty years. Beamdog gathered them all up, slapped "Enhanced Edition" on it and resold it as a new product. There's very very little in the Enhanced Editions that wasn't already out there, and most of it is stuff you don't want (like obnoxious character outlines).

2. The games didn't sell so well and the originals were still far outselling them, even twenty years after their release, so Beamdog had EVERY digital distributor stop selling the originals and ONLY sell the Enhanced Edition. If you want to buy a digital copy of the originals now, they're "bundled" into the Enhanced Edition. Now these scumbags can claim sales from people just wanting to buy the originals as their own.

3. The infamous 600+ bugs on launch. The game is still riddled with bugs (as even a perfunctory glance over their forums show) but the fact that it took nearly two years for them to get a game that had been working fine for 20 years to reach playability after launch is telling of their wild incompetence.

4. This is where we get to the ones that really piss people off. Beamdog couldn't just remaster the game, they had to fuck with the content too. New dialogue for existing NPCs like Jaheira, Viconia, Safana, Kivan, et cetera was written in to make the characters more progressive and leftist friendly. Beamdog shills will argue that "adding content isn't changing content XDDD" but it is when the new content changes the core personalities of the existing characters. This is in addition to adding a slew of their own LGBT (hitherto there were none in Baldur's Gate) NPCs, all flooded with OP attributes and magic items to encourage people to play them despite their cancer.

5. Siege of motherfucking Dragonspear.

6. warosu.org/vr/thread/5402232#p5408278

Attached: beamniggers.png (661x245, 39K)

Fuck your dead dad NIGGER

Based beamdog poster. Hi /vr/

Beamdog killed OP's father.

youtube.com/watch?v=QUHeWaDjuZ0

It's good, the main campaign drags on a lot, you might as well skip it and go straight into Shadow of Undrentide. Also I'm sorry for your loss.

Based.

Attached: 1547237915191.png (480x590, 409K)

Thanks. I don't really get the other meme answers.

Someone please tell me this is a bot. I just dont get what triggered it since nothing in the OP mentions beamdog or neverwinter.

Ya, it's good shit. I used to play MP all the time on dedicated servers. PvP, RP etc.. I think some of them are still up and running. Base campaign is shit btw, play the expansions.

It can smell your shill posts. Just like it can smell the rich tang of your eager boipucci

long story short: beamdog made enhanced editions to old bioware games and added stuff that triggered few of our special need posters. they've been sperging ever since.

It had some great player made modules

Play A Dance with Rogues. Your dick will thank you

Cool, I'll look into it.
So my dad is triggering Yea Forumsedditors from beyond the grave? God bless him.

not just dick, it's legit a great rogue module

bad original campaign, good expansion campaigns, good player-created modules, good online worlds if you're up for what they are (most of the active ones are heavy rp which i'm gay for, but some people don't like that shit)

>ADwR
It seriously ruined any RPG that claims to treat the male and female option seriously or pretend you are an underdog. Even putting aside the sexual content, fearing for your life every time combat was a possibility, and just generally no one giving much of a shit about you was amazing.

source

One of my favorite games of all times. The first cRPG I ever played.

It was a good concept of game. What, in my opinion, more games should be.
Just create a base game, give it a main campaign and then give the players enough tools to adapt the game to their liking. If you fuck up the campaign you can still sell for the online content.
A group of friends and I created an online server with an entire different ruleset, new models, new interface... It was a full rp server, lots of work put into it. But I think we enjoyed more working on it than playing it.

it was only good for the toolset. in general it was a huge disappointment after Baldur's Gate, but had some cool aspects.

Just how old was this dad of yours?

you'd think this would have been ported to Skyrim or something

Didnt know an nwn thread was up, woulda posted here. Pic is New Vegas of nwn.

Wish they fixed the blatant memory leaking.

Attached: 1243513241432.png (956x507, 847K)

the campaign itself wasn't great (besides hordes of the underdark), but the player made stuff was fantastic
i kinda doubt the servers are still around though, so you're probably going to miss out on what made the game really great, unfortunately

90s 3D in the 00s lel

well, you bought beamnigger products

Attached: 5e2.jpg (554x439, 106K)

Nearly 60. He worked as a programmer and was super into computers and tech. I never thought to ask him about whether he plays vidya.

Would have been nice but it would be a massive amount of work which a third party would end up doing.

As far as I'm aware the original Adwr author stepped back from the whole mod community after party 2 was released as people were trying to find out her personal details, which would have caused her RL issues. I think she was meant to be a college professor or something like that

sucks bro. i wonder if he boomer posted here.

I still get chills from the trailer
youtu.be/B3pclUiro-4

It was the only way to play normally on a multiple-monitor setup dont judge me.

Sorry to hear about your loss user. Lost my dad nearly 3 years ago now but still feels like yesterday. I hope it wasn't anything bad.

Core NWN wasn't that great. It wasn't bad for its time, but had issues. It wouldn't hold up so well. Shadows of Urentide and Hordes of the Underdark were pretty good. You would probably still enjoy those. It also had some pretty good fan made modules.

why is rpgcodex so shit?

Attached: 1481589125436.jpg (1199x805, 160K)

your dad was based

Cancer. It's heart-wrenching, especially when you think your loved ones still have another 10 or 20 years and there's so much you would have liked to tell them or have them tell you. He wasn't in much pain at least.

Not him but I'm judging the shit out of you, what the fuck is wrong with you?

which single-player module is worth playing? Don't say Tortured Hearts since the guy who made that is a pedophile.

Thanks

The Aielund Saga is solid, takes you from level 1 to 40. Was a bit generic for my liking but I can't fault it otherwise

I loved the Prophet series, though Yea Forums seems to hate it

Hex Coda is funky, but quite short

Citadel is fun if you like 80's fantasy and genocidal levels of killing

Rose of Eternity is essentially a Final Fantasy game in NWN.

And as mentioned a Dance with Rogues is fantastic

>Hex Coda
brings back some good memories

I spent hours playing different user made modules, Hex Coda was one of the truly unique ones out there.
I can't even remember all of them it was so long ago but I also enjoyed the Konan the barbarian series and the Lone Wolf series.

Genuine, distilled autism.

It's wonderful. The main campaign is merely mediocre after the first 1-2 Acts, but the expansions and community made content are STELLAR.

I only ever played the first lone wolf module, how was the second?

DESTHER IS A CUNT BUT HE KILLED FENTHICK AND MADE MY WAIFU SINGLE SO HE'S AN ALRIGHT GUY.

They don't like nwn?

Tortured hearts has awful writing and location design, I couldn't play it.
And I didn't even know anything about the creator, where did even you learn about it?

Absolutely abhor it. Just because of the OC.

RPGcodex and a poorly written apology the creator wrote

What do you think of Tortured Hearts 2?

I can't remember desu. It was a long time ago.

I actually posted about TR2, not the first module. But I assume it's even worse because people learn from their mistakes.

The online servers were fun af to play on. Nice little communities that felt really comfy to just hang around in.

The Original campaign might not be the best but it has it's moments and unfortunately you're gonna have to play through it because you don't want to miss out on the Aribeth story arc.

>how fares the quest for the Whaterdhavian creatures among ?

I know everyone hates Beamdog, but NWNEE is worth playing if you want to play online. They've added a feature that allows auto downloading of content, so you don't have to go look up where to find all the HAKs like CEP whenever you want to join a server.

shame about all the NEW bugs that make regular gameplay a pain

No. It crashes all the time
As said, memory leaks and bugs are still a major issue a year after release due to their wild incompetence

Like what? I have noticed a few audio and visual glitches, but nothing game breaking.

This is the first I've ever heard of NWNEE crashing.

look at steam reviews

>This is the first I've ever heard of NWNEE crashing.
You don't own the game then.

I've been playing the game for months.
Are you guys trying to run it on a toaster or something?

>GTX1080ti
>i7 4GHz 12 core CPU
>16GB RAM
>SSD
>"toaster"

Attached: vision-hack-see-clearly-without-your-glasses-contacts.w1456.jpg (600x420, 38K)

Is there a way to play NWN online for free?
I have my old CD keys that work but I would like to get 4 other friends in so we could play.

Attached: 1514667589098.jpg (846x800, 64K)

oh so you're like andy sixx guy
cool

love this

>chaotic evil
but im nice

Penultima and its sequel campaign were damn good, by the same guy that did Hex Coda: neverwintervault.org/tags/penultima

Pirate a GOG copy? If it helps you justify it, they gave it away for free maybe a year or two ago.

im liking it

Attached: hours2.jpg (414x107, 8K)

how? crash often?

based

I haven't got a steam copy so I can't tell the hours but it's got to be in the thousands for me too.

Somehow still got my original install working, complete with saves dating back 15 years

More than 1.61 but not frequently enough to turn me off.

MMO fags are insane.

If this is the Noah video that’s like two hours long, I reccommend it too. Watch this instead of playing, honestly.

The main game is like a worse Baldur’s Gate; more like a template to inspire modders than anything. But apparently all the extra content was actually good - too bad I was too burnt out to give it a go at the time. (But who is gonna buy expansions to a game they hate?)

Based beammutt basher