NINTENDO

NINTENDO

Attached: Dla8rrOW4AATcnB.jpg (1200x675, 147K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_absurdum
wikipedia.org/wiki/Retardo_ad_absurdum
wikipedia.org/wiki/Is–ought_problem
youtu.be/FEFan06xUoc
youtube.com/watch?v=Ih323XXu_3w
youtu.be/eqsC8WvF67E
youtube.com/watch?v=AtPGHXbvbuc
youtube.com/watch?v=lezBiSGnVV8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

HIRE

MAN

SHUT THE FUCK UP

THIS

>mfw nintendo actually does HIRE THIS MAN
>series turns to shit

Attached: realistic paper mario.jpg (1920x1080, 139K)

soulless

BING BING
WAHOOO

SOMEONE TWEET THIS TO REGGIE

>The level design in the new build
>The older build from 2 years ago looked way better
Nintendo, put this man's work on the fridge

Never forget kids over detailing can be worse than not giving a shit.

Unironically looks better than all-stars

STOOOOPPPP MAKING FUNNNNN OF USSSSSSSS.

Attached: image_search_1552849996638.gif (498x488, 2.1M)

Too soon man :'(

>serviceable looking fangame with original assets and clear art direction bad
>mario running around in a hyperrealistic city good

Attached: SMO-1.jpg (850x478, 104K)

Who is making fun of what?
These threads are just shit

Play Pizza Tower.

they're funny.

I don't like it, but the again it's better than the current artstyle for 2D games

Ew

>hyper realistic
that doesn't mean what you think it means

>hyperrealistic
B U Z Z W O R D S

sonic advance style spriting and backgrounds xD wow so cool in 2019 xD xD get with the times fat italian plumber fags.

If you took away Mario and the logo that image would be indistinguishable from GTA 4

>the contrast of cartoon and realism isn't a clear art direction
>the mobile game looking shit in the OP somehow is

Attached: 0C9CC17D-054D-4E2F-8958-90E465CF5E47.jpg (720x687, 67K)

*inhales*

Attached: checkmate, shitendo.jpg (1280x720, 598K)

Mario odyssey has no art direction. All of the enviornments are incohesive and none of them look like anything that could be from the Mario universe. You have GTA4 kingdom and Unity tech demo kingdom and dog with a textured asshole kingdom.

>b-b-b-ut they're different continents they are supposed to look like unity asset dumps
sure kid

Dont @ me again.

Attached: memepoly.jpg (1200x800, 81K)

>fanmade games have more SOUL then recent Mario games

Attached: 1511374967732.jpg (540x507, 38K)

needs more color

>USSSSSSSS

Attached: 1463873997148.jpg (480x360, 14K)

I don't see why things in a Mario game always need to look like they're from a Mario game.

>nintendo for one makes something that isn't generic grass hill level #46183
>REEEEEEEEEE UNITY ASSETS

NSMB style is better than pixelshit

I'll sent a letter to Nintendo for the justice of this guy.
Here's what i does
*ahem*
>Dear Nintendo
>NINTENDO, HIRE MAN, SHUT THE FUCK UP, THIS souless BING BING WAHOOO SOMEONE TWEET THIS TO REGGIE.

I too, want Mario using AK-47s and stomping on gangsters from Gotham City. Sounds fun haha

This one actually looks pretty good though. Reminds me of the GBA aesthetic or the very early DS aesthetic.

>muh generic grass level
>muh generic city is okay though

I love this game's art style, but I can't fucking stand the SMW cloud-shaped fog effect. It's too distracting. At least later builds toned it down a bit.

Cringe and zoomerpilled

Attached: 1452161125531.jpg (600x600, 34K)

wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_absurdum

wikipedia.org/wiki/Retardo_ad_absurdum

what went wrong?

Attached: soul_fight3.jpg (2436x822, 454K)

Yeah, I too love buying a AAA mario game so I can run around in memepoly indieshit tier levels like the luncheon kingdom

The early Mario & Luigi/Paper Mario games had environments that were distinctly not mushroom kingdom but weren't a complete eyesore to look at.

Attached: TwilightTownPM.png (640x480, 252K)

Retard

Why are you agains Mario having different looking places

If it's Mario styled, it's not meant for Mario.

Nintendies literally having a mental breakdown about no rehashes again.

Mors I know that's you, stop with the piss memes.

Retard
>What is consistency

This only started happening after NSMB. Mario 64, Sunshine and even Galaxy to some extent had varied environments

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 136K)

One on the left was never actual gameplay though. It would be cool to see a Mario game with that mid-90s CG art style though.

wikipedia.org/wiki/Is–ought_problem

This actually looks really great except for the bad mix of dithering and high colour gradients in the background. Choose one or the other. The Mario sprite is better than any official 2D Mario sprite.

Fuck Unreal Engine faggots though.

NSMB was 13 years ago

You sound like an angry indie developer.

It reminds me of this old PC Mario game I played decades ago.

Attached: mario-bros-y-luigi-5644-1.jpg (549x380, 32K)

>PIXEL GOOD
>NEW BAD
lmaoo

you're arguing with toddlers

This shit doesn't look like a company would make it. The only thing like this is Scott Pilgrim. What are they doing to make this art style stand out as distinctively amateurish?

it looks like sonic 06

GO FUCK YOURSELF
>GO FUCK YOURSELF
GO FUCK YOURSELF
>GO FUCK YOURSELF
GO FUCK YOURSELF
>GO FUCK YOURSELF

Attached: 1540604605571.jpg (1361x1147, 377K)

It's a mixture of retardation and misplaced determination, though one begets the other.

this, mario bros 2 took a shit on what mario was and people have grown to accept that style as the mario style when it wasn't even a mario game

Attached: 1536471419479.gif (500x281, 453K)

At least he's not cross-eyed in Odyssey.

Every nintendo title back in the day brought something incredibly unique to the game as a progression of a series.

You seen the last of this during the gamecube era.

If nintendo continued on the legacy of smash brothers.

The game would of been melee as a base.
Then the game would of had added mechanics like

360 degree smashes.
Tilts
B moves
A moves
Clanks
Aerials
Grabs.

Add that with aerial smashes
Clanks
Tilts
Sheilds
Grabs

We could of had added velocity to the button presses and
Double and triple attacks

Double smash for quick light smash
And then hold down for a hard hitting smash.

BUT NOOOOOOPE
IM NINTENDO I DON'T TRY TO MAKE DEEP GAMES I PUT A BALL IN THE SKY PRESS 1 BUTTON AND BOOM KILLS EVERYONE.

NOW INSTEAD OF MAKING THINGS INCREDIBLE. THEY TAKE AWAY FROM THEIR PAST GAMES THE FREEDOM AND GIVE A SHITTY GIMMICK.

I REFUSE TO SUPPORT NINTENDO TILL THEY

MAKE A 3D NES TITLE.
EASY TO LEARN IMPOSSIBLE TO MASTER
SUPPORT ROMHACKERS FOR THEIR PASSION.
FIRE MEDIOCRE DEVELOPERS.
LET THEM CRITICIZE THE BAD AND MEDIOCRE NINTENDO MAKES.

I BET MIYAMOTO WAS ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE AND CREATE THAT'S WHY THERE IS NO MIYAMOTO 2.

ROMHACKS ONLINE.
TAKE THE BEST ROMHACKS MAKE THEM PART OF LEGIT SERIES.
TAKE THE BEST GIVE THEM A JOB.
AKA THEY CREATE A MAINLINE GAME OR AN INDIE GAME.

REWARD PLAYERS ESPECIALLY BRAND NEW NINTENDO KIDS WHO BEAT HARDCORE ROMHACKS WITH FREE TITLES AND NAMES ONLY THEY HAVE AND DISCOUNTS FOR BEATING HARD SHIT.

ALSO A COMMUNITY OF OLD HEADS TO PROTECT PAST GAMES IN SERIES.

PEOPLE LIKE CRYZEN PANNENKEOK AND KAZE TO BE MIYAMOTOS 2.

ALSO I WANT A SERVICE WHERE I CSN PLAY NINTENDO ON ALL DEVICES ALL THE TIME ANYWHERE WHEREVER.

SONY

Attached: Pallet_Town[1].png (1428x653, 977K)

lmao tl;dr
さげる

Oh wait. This one is actually decent.

ALSO NINTENDO SHOULD TAKE THEIR SERIES IN WONDERFUL NEW DIRECTIONS LIKE

BINDING OF ISAAC 5V5 3D BATTLE ZELDA WHERE THERE IS A BOSS IN THE MIDDLE 2 TEAMS HAVE TO COMPETE TO GET TO IT IN ORDER TO FACE ANOTHER TEAM THAT JUST BEAT ANOTHER TEAM.
DIABLO 2 CLONE USING ONLY NINTENDO PROPERTIES.
STARTING FROM 8 BIT LEVELS AND PROPERTIES LEADING UP TO MODERN TIMES.
A PLATFORMING MMO WHERE THE TASKS ARE GOD DAMN EASY TO GOD DAMN HARD THAT REQUIRE A LOT OF PERFECTION TO COMPLETE.
ALMOST KAIZO HARD AT THE END.

HAVE A TOWN IN THE MIDDLE BOTH SIDES FIGHT OVER THAT PEOPLE CAN BUY COSMETICS AND UPGRADES AND WEAPONS.

HAVE A BRUISER CLASS WHOS GOAL IS TO FUCK UP THE OTHER SIDE.
MAKE A DESCENT CLONE USING STAR FOX OR METROID ASSETS

What queer's Tumblr did you pluck this reaction image from

Melee additions that made sense and what should be a part of nintendo but isn't

how can ninshitters play stuff like this
I get sick to my stomach just by looking at a still image for a dozen seconds

FIRE THIS MAN

Mario has been shown next to realistic humans/humanoids since the 90s

What cuck made this shit?

Attached: soul_SMB1.jpg (2880x1096, 555K)

I'm not, Odyssey had new stuff for Mario but not new for gaming in general.

Even if that were true (It isn't), gta v isn't "hyper realistic"

There's a reason Paper Mario's been dead after the 2nd game

Attached: 4cf53398b6eb526c8645c82373bf39e4.jpg (736x502, 42K)

REUSED ASSETS GOOD
EFFORT BAD

Attached: ohmigod.png (547x600, 22K)

PLEASE NINTENDOOOOOOOO

OR BETHESDA PLEASE HIRE THIS MAN TOO

Attached: 1552770867638.jpg (1024x768, 115K)

why does he look cross eyed

I remember playing this and being amazed that my motherboard started making beeping sounds instead of sounds coming out of my speakers.

How about Nintendon't

The clouds are supposed to have eyes though.

Honestly, if these people spent more time honing their craft and making original games, they'd likely have a better portfolio and eventual job.

Nintendo... Fire this man

seeing a mario game with the cg renders would be pretty sweet.

There is a reason games like Steel Diver, recent Paper Marios, Other M, and Code Name STEAM have been deeply discounted in less than a year.

>dude, what if mario looked exactly like all the indie pixel shit on steam?

I'm glad nintendo threw a C&D order on AM2R.

>All of the enviornments are incohesive and none of them look like anything that could be from the Mario universe
thats literally what they were going for

Fan games that look 10x better than modern nintendo titles.

Here is one.
1 less casual than mk
Looks better than mk aesthetically
Gameplay is better
Weapons have depth and meaning

youtu.be/FEFan06xUoc

AM2R was better than Returns

Same with last impact....

Better than odyssey

go away Kaze

EVERY THING MADE BY CORPORATION SELLED TO YOU BY AI AND BOTS IS GOOD.
EVERYTHING MADE BY PASSION LOVE DEVOTION IS EVIL

Sunshine is pretty much the opposite of varied. The fuck are you talking about?

Faster too

>EVERYTHING MADE BY PASSION LOVE DEVOTION

A-user...

HONESTLY if i was ruler of the world i would allow for nintendo and kaze to compete with each other with the same resources whoever created the better product would have official control of mario.

In my opinion that would be kaze that owned mario.

Nintendo would have to step their game up instantly and not bs around with shit ass games

>dissing the Luncheon Kingdom of all stages
Shit taste

>dime-a-dozen indie shit and unoriginal fan games
>PASSION LOVE DEVOTION
pick one.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ih323XXu_3w

TTYD takes place in the mushroom kingdom

This.
Working on fandom stuff is fine if you're trying to figure things out, but before you get to the point of OPs pic, it's time to get to work on original material.

youtu.be/eqsC8WvF67E

Mario adventure is better than all nsmb games combined

NINTENDO AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
HIRE
THIS
MAN

Real humans have been around the franchise since fucking Mario's Missing. Heck, Pauline's arguably one of them.

kek

New Donk City was one of the least fun worlds in Odyssey.

Let me fix that for you.

Attached: 1541922934830.png (2880x626, 960K)

It's the high contrast of Bowser and his flames, the sky, and the frame of the shot that makes the left look interesting. The image on the right is from live gameplay, and not composed in any way.

Attached: gricau1.jpg (1280x866, 653K)

yeah if fucking only SMO actually looked like that

Both are bad. Fuck you OP.

If there's more than one metroid on screen it's incorrect.

Attached: negative soul.png (3880x626, 1.14M)

What game is that on the far right?

Since we're going to otherwise be having this SOUL/SOULLESS debate til the heat death of the universe, let's once and for all nip this in the ass:

Let's say that Nintendo ends up remaking SMB1 for a new era, and wants to be sure this shit is done right so it prints money nonstop. Assuming that is has to be done (so no copout answers of "don't do it"), what sort of art style/direction/ect. and musical remixes/remasterings would be the best way to handle this, so it stays soulful and as fun as the original game was?

Okay now it's fixed.

youtube.com/watch?v=AtPGHXbvbuc

Its clearly the aesthetic they were going for with the technology available at the time.

Holy fuck imagine believing this

Nintendo lost their way around he year 2000

Attached: castlefail4.jpg (2200x1600, 794K)

Good god. AM2R gets C&D'd, but this shameless piece of shit still exists.
>That walk animation lel

>End game wasn't being able to go around and hop into the portraits to get to all of the Mario 64 stages
>You couldn't even visit a single one
What the fuck was the point?

Bowser has created a time machine to go back in time and stop mario on his first quest. From there we can set it up to where you jump back and forth from retro 2d sections to mario odyssey style 3d sections. Have them be their own levels and a few levels where you have to bounce between the two. Make the physics correct to the original mario on the nes. Add unlockable characters which can be played in the story and in the remade version of the first game hidden until you beat the main story Keep the sprites as close to their original 8 bit look as possible and if you add new characters make sure you dont good full retard and make them look like NES sprites.

Even Galaxy 2 gave us Whomp's Fortress.

id take at least being able to explore the entire castle

They definitely could've given us something like Bob-omb Battlefield and either the slide or one of the Bowser obstacle courses, either that or just the whole castle.

>game i played as a kid
SOUL
>game now
SOULLESS

Why does Mario going into vastly different places in Mario ODYSSEY make people mad ?

because the environments are all too open and boring
64 and sunshine at least had coherent level design

Both of those games had stages that were shitty and boring, like Jolly Roger Bay.

HIRE THIS MAN

Attached: 1200px-SSBU-Mushroomy_Kingdom.png (1200x675, 830K)

based, the dinosaur and the dragon are the biggest examples of this

stop replying to miyamoto user

I actually really liked how that stage looked, having a remake of SMB that has a graphical style intended to look like the stages were untouched by Mario or Bowser for 35 years would be neat.

World of Light should have taken side-scrolling stages like this one and fill them out with enemies ported over from Smash Run, such as Goombas, Koopas, Hammer Bros., etc.

>mario doesn't change enough
>mario isn't enough like mario
i don't know who's jewing who anymore

>Open and boring
It's honestly why I found the Lost Kingdom to be the most fun I had in Odyssey. It was small, but it was cohesive and fun.

Attached: Lost_Kingdom_moon_1_4_0003_2_copy.jpg (1920x1080, 129K)

I haven't played the game, but is there any real reason why those trees look like cardboard?

>is there cardboard tree lore?
retard

It's probably like that to make it look more like Yoshi's Island, or at least that's what I'd assume.
Maybe the game would've been better if each of the Kingdoms were based on and had artstyles like different Mario games.
They could slap in stages based on 64, Sunshine, Galaxy, Luigi's Mansion, or any other Mario game and that'd have been pretty interesting.

Nintendo seems to have an affinity with paper and cardboard. idk why.

No need to get all violent and rabid. I'm asking because some weird stuff from Odyssey has an explanation, such as the fact that the Seaside Kingdom's water sizzles because it's supposed to be carbonated. I thought they had done something like that in this kingdom. Sheesh, what's wrong with you?
I legit thought Isle Delphino was going to be a kingdom. Didn't they show something resembling a dolphin-shaped island in the world map or something?

Sunshine was very varied. It was just that it had a strong thematic through-line that tied it all together by having every area embody a unique aspect of "tropical resort", which made it all feel like part of a cohesive world instead of just HERE'S THE EVERYTHING IS GREEN LEVEL HERE'S THE EVERYTHING IS FROZEN LEVEL HERE'S THE EVERYTHING IS MADE OF SWEETS LEVEL.

IT'S-A SELECTA!

youtube.com/watch?v=lezBiSGnVV8

do you want me to call you a faggot? because i will.

god that stage creeped the fuck out of me

I actually want you to destroy my boipussy and spit on my face, daddy.

>chimping out over nothing
Dumb nigger.

>HERE'S THE EVERYTHING IS GREEN LEVEL HERE'S THE EVERYTHING IS FROZEN LEVEL HERE'S THE EVERYTHING IS MADE OF SWEETS LEVEL
I'd argue the variety makes it more interesting, sunshine made me sick of the hot vacation island setting

unironically upvoted

God, Paper Mario on Wii U actually looked really fantastic, why the fuck does it get so much hate?

This one is actually decent despite all the "hurr durr soul/soulless" brainlets being loud

It was shit overall, shitty gameplay, shitty characters (only toads) and if you liked it you most likely were a CIA nigger

>chimping out
go back to /r/pol teenager this is a growed up nintendo thread

>Claims to be an adult
>Says "growed up" unironically
You know you have to be 18 or older to use this site, right?

>duhhhh i'm gay
faggot

>serviceable looking fangame with original assets and clear art direction bad

>monotonous, samey series of games with no challenge and the same assets good

Attached: 91SzXbxJpML._AC_SL1500_.jpg (927x1500, 280K)

I hated that this stage came back in ultimate. I’ll literally disconnect online if I had to play it

I tried changing my online settings to no hazard stages for fun the other day, and this was the first stage that popped up. I won't be making that mistake again.

No matter how good the new stuff may or may not be, people can't overlook the fact that Nintendo just decided to up and throw away the core components and principles of a unique and beloved IP.
When you name a game "Paper Mario" you invite comparison to other games called "Paper Mario". If this comparison does not flatter the new game, then it is only natural for a large number of people to voice distaste.

>us
>say teh snoyger obsessed with making those threads and posting dead children

>WAAAAAAAAH WHY DIDN'T THEY PUT THE ENTIRETY OF 64 INTO ODYSSEY

You people are insane.

>with no challenge
like you can beat super luigi u

>Steel Diver
.. / .-. . .- .-.. .-.. -.-- / . -. .--- --- -.-- . -.. / ... - . . .-.. / -.. .. ...- . .-. / ... ..- -... / .-- .- .-. ... / ..-. --- .-. / - .... . / .-- . . -.- / - .... .- - / -..-. ...- -..-. / .--. .-.. .- -.-- . -.. / .. - .-.-.-