Villain is a nihilist

>villain is a nihilist
every time

Attached: 1541628076169.gif (500x348, 370K)

>villain is an optimist who genuinely believes he will improve the world for everyone

have we ever had a nihilist protagonist?

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 2.19M)

LOOK HOW EVIL AND MENTALLY UNSTABLE I AM
>beings to lick everything with oversized tongue

Yes. Pic related

Attached: 1536211241540.png (980x555, 733K)

Delta is an utilitarian, not a nihilist. And he's not even the protagonist, but rather the villain. And before you go about how you control him thorough the entire game, it's a second person game, not a first person one, but everyone forgets that

I wouldn't call Wolfwood a villain.

The best series ever created. Only the first season tho.

Pic is obviously not an example of a nihilist villain. Wolfwood actively fights a nihilist villain with a cross, he's as far on the opposite as it gets.

Attached: 1545614257531.png (480x360, 185K)

>Wolfwood is a villain

Attached: what is what.gif (531x354, 3.6M)

Attached: 856745635235.jpg (354x444, 28K)

Kefka Palazzo comes to mind but that's about it. Typically a villain wants power, not to cease existence for everything as a whole.

What was Knives motive?

>Villian has the most anti-clamatic death in the show.
It's still Kino.

>cease existence for everything as a whole
is that how normalfags imagine nihilism? jesus christ

Attached: 1538697621988.png (263x245, 99K)

>Game starts of light and wholesome
>Gets really fucking dark and philosophical towards the end.

Attached: This show got DARK towards the end.jpg (1456x1023, 198K)

Even Pokemon has one.

Cyrus just finds everything completely meaningless and wants to kill everyone and remake the universe in an inhuman image.

It doesn't matter what they imagine, now does it?

>Watching the anime instead of the manga
I'm disappointed Yea Forums

Attached: Screenshot_20181127-223527.png (720x1280, 706K)

I've been meaning to

Why the fuck is this scene not in the anime?

>waiter looking down on others
grab me a water on your way to the kitchen

I think you meant to post this pic.

Attached: Vash kills Legato.jpg (720x480, 69K)

Luca Blight is a better example I think. He doesn't want to end the world so much as he wants to punish everything for just existing because it amuses him.

Moral conventions hold nothing for him, and he seeks only to please himself in a world to a degree that is so human it's kind of disgusting.

Kefka feels more like he doesn't get the point of existence and feels it should be wiped away.
Blight's a hedonist to the point of insanity feeling there's no point in anything except what he felt like doing in that moment.

Is there any other series that comes close on doing a mature take on a man's internal battle for believing in metaphysical good?

Attached: 1525932688086.png (640x420, 343K)

Plant supremacy and killing every last human he could, because co-existence was not possible so long as humans could hurt them.

He basically preaches a genocide of humanity and that his kind is meant to inherit existence.

It doesn't give the audience an answer on whether or not Vash is correct or incorrect, which is a sign of a good piece of work.

Trigun is all about idealism vs pragmatism and just how both can destroy you.

>Protagonist learns what it means to be dying

Attached: Final.Fantasy.IX.full.109565.jpg (1586x1544, 532K)

>villain steals your love interest

Tales of the Abyss did this pretty okay.

>a man's internal battle for believing in metaphysical good?
That's not even close to what Trigun is about. Vash never came remotely close to believing in moral ambiguity or disbelieving the notion of a metaphysical good. He is pictured as a Kantian who believes some actions, such as killing, are always wrong, no matter the circumstances. That's why he never kills even if it's in self-defense. The villains try to force his hand by increasing the stakes until Vash is forced to either kill someone or lose people he loves. But the fact Vash grieved for several days consecutively after being forced to kill Legato only shows he never stopped believing. If he had stopped, he wouldn't have suffered.
So the series is more about how idealistic you can be before circumstance makes you betray your own set of values. And the plot's answer to that lies in the Christian symbolism. Vash repented, learned to forgive himself and moved on, trying to be good again.

Attached: 1545695339278.png (1280x720, 1.03M)

>villain is chaotic good and is only framed as the antagonist because he's not playing by the rules

Attached: dead mow 5.jpg (750x896, 75K)

I remember this show popping up every now and then when I was a kid. They way you talk about its symbolism has me interested. Should I watch it or read it like says? Would it take away from the whole message if I watched the show then read the rest of the manga?

video games

>Villain got powerful powers and is just playing smart with them

Watch first, the animation is way too good to skip on

The manga is shit. It's fucking impossible to follow what's happening in any of the action scenes, and there's a lot of action

To protect plants.

This never makes sense. Someone like that would just live a hedonistic life playing video games or something. To do villainous things you need a strong drive.

The anime destroys wolfwood arc but it's your decision

They are just dots off the curve.