Metro Exodus

It's been out for a month now
So what did Yea Forums think of it?

Attached: ArtyomMetroExodus.png (294x425, 201K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sd7oC3wmpuA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I dunno, didn't even care enough to pirate it.

It was just epic store meme'ing.

It was fine. Liked the other two better.

Why doesn't Artyom talk in this game? How do you mske it semi-open world with quests and shit but with no diologue?

I enjoyed my time with it but not enough to finish it.

Attached: Metro Exodus molotov.webm (960x400, 2.91M)

It's well worth the bandwidth, believe me.

Attached: metro.png (283x138, 5K)

He should have at least replied to radio calls. It would cut down on Anna's "omg artyom, wtf why don't you respond to us? are you dead? I don't want to be a widow, pls artyom" moments

I get that a lot with western games, I have fun for a while but then finishing it start to feel like a tedious thing and I just drop it

I've only seen others play it but it looks like they kept going in the direction last light/the reduxes (muh realism, muh open wurld, muh craftan) started which is a shame since 2033 not redux (muh action movie, muh mystery, muh survival) was the main appeal of the series for me
seriously why did they cut out the panzer fight in 2033 redux its so fricken weird to tease the upcoming fight then have no payoff

for muh self-insert immersion

Pirated it this Friday, at the forest right now. Enjoying it, shame I'll never be giving the devs money since Epic and Deep Silver decided to be cunts

>Pirated it this Friday, at the forest right now
Impressive.
Are you just blowing through the main story without completing side objectives?

Attached: tenpenny.jpg (1280x720, 131K)

But some missions it was absolutely fucking retarded like in the Tzarfish lair Duke is constantly asking for a sitrep and Artyom says nothing ehich could imply he's fucking dead. Or in the Forest Anna is,demanding Artyom let everyone know he's alive on the radio and again says nothing, putting your wife in unnecessary worry and grief like that is fucked up and is why the silent protagonist shit doesn't work for this game.

Nah, I'm doing the side objectives. I just haven't really done anything else this weekend

It's a good wife simulator, has a nice camera mode. You can enter a room with 3 strippers using it.

Attached: Metro Exodus (49).jpg (3840x2160, 2.57M)

>omg artyom, wtf why don't you respond to us? are you dead? I don't want to be a widow, pls artyom
>noone will ever care about you like that

Attached: goodbyecrueldebtingworld.png (299x299, 87K)

>Anna resting her head on your lap
I wasn't prepared for this

Technically he talks, but you don't hear it because if they added a voice it wouldn't be your voice and supposedly it would break inmersion.
But then they make Artyom talk during while the game loads.
I don't really understand this, it seems like a very stupid design decision while the rest of the game is mostly well designed.

Artyom is such a good boy, I hope he will live a peaceful life and die of old age with Anna on his new seashore home.

i never bought/pirated it

What kind of retarded logic is that?
>character talks in characters voice but it isn't your voice so it breaks immersion
That's so fucking retarded, also didn't Last Light have a dlc where you plsy as Duke with Khan? That had perfrct bsck and fourth diologue so I call complete bullshit on that notion.

Attached: 1235376568568678.jpg (799x396, 32K)

Artyom dies?

Pirated it, picked the difficulty option where the entire hud was turned off, didn't know how to progress half the fucking time because they're adamant on having you hold E and sitting through cutscenes.

It plays fine I guess, but it's not good enough for me to give a fuck about it.

You can also use it to see anna's tits.
Her nipples are textured and everything

if you are not a gud boi yes

It was 80/20 for me. I liked the game but it had so many gameplay annoyances and retarded bugs that literally killed me for no reason or pissed me off that I stopped playing for a few weeks before reinstalling it just to finish it and then delete it and the piece of shit Epic Launcher.

It was fine.
2033 > Exodus > LL.

Combat is pretty satisfying, bit more attention to detail in comparison to a Farcry title but not by much.
It's incredibly pretty but each area is worse than the last and the characters and world are just passable. Don't understand people pushing Anna so much, felt like Alyx but her ideal gf experience setting was turned up to 11.

The story start out strong but then get real boring. Just go to this outpost and take this, kill these. The game's graphic is gorgeous though

pics?

This game is build for ray tracing. Much of its appeal gone without using an RTX card.

Attached: 1549702993429.jpg (750x667, 37K)

I think Artyom is supposed to be a blank character you can insert as, while the other character has a clearly defined personality so no having him talking would be even more stupid, but yes I consider that it's very stupid that Artyom doesn't talk, and it bothered me a lot, the only thing that bothered me more is the retard bear fight.

Imo the story start somewhat strong in the sense that things change rapidly but then nothing happens for a while, but at the endit picks up because things start happening with Anna and then all the moments of the wedding and Anna health problem are very intense and then the last level is simply fantastic.

It comes out in 2020 what are you talking about

Attached: download.jpg (151x151, 5K)

Attached: anna.png (933x795, 1.43M)

The game got really boring when I realized that exploration is pointless apart from the unique gadgets because all you will ever find is generic garbage used for crafting.

why did the cannibal doctor give a shit that anna was sick

He figured that if he ate her he might get sick too

>It's been out for a month now
No it hasn't.

go eat gapens gaping asshole you seething steamfag

Didn't everyone in the base already have that not-Kuru diseases from the years long cannibalism already?

cuz if they ate a sick human they might contract it too

I loved it enough to finish it three times in a row. I'm a newcomer to the series so I went Normal, then Hardcore and finally Ranger Hardcore. The latter of which is definitely the way to go, the others bombard you with resources, ammo and decreased weapon degradation. My PC is ass and I didn't want to miss out on the beauty, so my PS4 Pro had to do. It actually didn't impair me as much as I thought it would. Exodus is legit the only FPS I enjoyed playing with a controller, except maybe the first time I got to the bunker, since that's the one standout part where things get crazy. Every other area in the game is slow and methodical and I seriously loved that, because I'm that autist that looks at everything and always carefully plans his approach. In fact, you shouldn't play this game at all if you get easily bored and prefer fast pace twitchy aim action shit. This is not for you.

At the end of the day all I'm gonna hear is "hurr Stalker is better" anyway. tl:dr fuck you I liked it

I guess kuru doesn't fuck with your lungs

just because you have kuru doesn't mean you want tb as well

you planning on playing 2033 or LL after this?

Hell yes, on PC though. A 1050ti handle them I hope.

i wont lie, that really hit me way harder it should have been.
just knowing this will never happen to me hurt me more than normal

Attached: 5322522.gif (200x146, 586K)

Cant even bother to pirate it because it probably weights around 120gb+ tip

Im enjoying it a lot, the desert area was fucking shit and I wish it had been cut, however the first area and taiga have top tier atmosphere, really good, the movement physics are fucking crap tho, but the gunplay is really nice and the guns look really good. I also like anna a lot cuz she reminds me of my gf

Attached: BADFC4F5-92DD-48CE-9D9C-6285B794E28C.png (768x744, 1.08M)

this. Does anyone else feel that the movement feels especially sluggish even compared to 2033 or LL? I don't remember Artyom walking so slowly or having a slight input lag for looking around.

>My PC is ass
>1050ti
I have a 750ti and I had no problems running the game at medium

Yeah, movement physics are weird compared to the last two games, it works for the open world but it feels weird in closed areas

Taiga is too short and lack proper enemies you can openly shoot, Taiga should have a part when you meet your crew so you can recover your weapons and then have to do something more so you fight bandits and shit.
I think nobody liked the desert, the only thing I liked about it was getting the Valve rifle and Anna being cute in summer clothes.

I got it for free with my 2080, I love it so far, the train is comfy as fuck and visually it's absolutely gorgeous. Love the gunplay as well.

>tfw killed everyone at the cultist church who shot at me
I'm gonna get the worst ending, aren't I?

For real? Didn't know they optimized it as good as it looks... I just assume every new triple A game to run like shit on PC as long as you don't have a 1080ti or something. Anyway, based 750tibro. That's the card I had before upgrading, I still have it lying around. Good times have been had.

Not neccessarily.

So how are they going to repopulate their new home? There are only 2 adult women in the group, and I don't know if Artyom and Stefan are into NTR

Artyom goes back to Moscow vowing to bring his people from Exibition to their new home at Lake baikal

not really. i did that and still got the good ending. just do all side quest and just knock down instead of killing the guys who surrender. and try to sneak and ko the enemy as much as possible

You dumbass. There's a very obvious audio cue whenever you do a "bad" kill.

I just want to some official news on the expansion pass contents. How long can they make us wait?

and the screen in flashing with a dark color

depending on how you play

If you still want the good ending:
Do every single side quest in the Caspian sea, free all the slaves you can find and never kill any, you're still allowed to kill Tribals though. Also do not kill anyone in Taiga even in self defense. If Damir leaves your group at the end of Caspain or if Alyosha dies at the end of Taiga you will get the bad ending

can you pirate it yet? i found supposed cpy but people were saying its malware

Damir left me and I got the good ending. That being said, I aced Volga, Taiga and Dead City

Can anyone explain what that flashback in Vladivostok was?

was cracked a few days after release
works great

Thats what i’ve heard, I honestly dont really care all that much about which ending I get since im gonna replay later, however I would have liked that taiga was open world like the previous ones

>do not kill anyone in Taiga even in self defense
I hate when games do this.

Ah damn. I think I killed two surrendered enemies out of reflex. Oh well.

You can have 1 out of 3 leave and still get the good ending. If they killed everyone in the church Duke is guaranteed to die later in Volga

I will play it after I play the first two

Some day soon
Any time now

Attached: 1323432251164.png (142x138, 2K)

how about now?!

This sucks, I like Duke. Since when is shooting at people who shot at me first bad?

I killed everyone except those who surrendered, Duke is well and alive. Granted I did not kill everyone as you said.

I'm not really in the mood for video games now

Attached: metro 2033.jpg (288x120, 10K)

It's basically a staple of the metro series

Attached: metro last light.png (960x540, 615K)

>tfw no qt wife to explore the desolate russian wasteland with

Attached: 1519696464876.jpg (480x461, 30K)

i killed 5 or 6 dude and still got the good ending. im sure it must calculate a % of good and bad thing you did during the games like finding items for your crew and stuff like that

Not enough time spent underground

>do not kill anyone in Taiga even in self defense
you can kill the pirates and bandits in taiga and you'll still get the good ending as long as you do the side stuff

the enemies can fucking laser you from sniper ranges with an smg meanwhile they have trouble shooting you from 3 meters away its fucking annoying and makes snipers useless

Outside of how shit Caspian and Ark were, this was my biggest complaint. This was the time to make him voiced and give him presence in dialog exchanges. He talks in the loading screens, he talks at the end, so go all the way.
You can definitely kill Pirates and Bandits in Taiga, but avoid Pioneers. Way later, when Olga or whatever asks you not to kill Pirates I assume you should avoid doing that.

Taiga had really good potential as an area but your railroaded down stealth in a way linear area compared to Volga and Caspian.

Attached: MetroExodus 2019-02-23 00-12-15-29.jpg (3840x2160, 2.68M)

>no dialogue
Every fucking side character seems to give a fucking ten minute speech whenever you step near them holy Fuck they Never shut the Fuck up.

This. I spent like half an hour on the train the first time we get on it because everyone kept yammering on.

Does Duke do a lot of stuff later in the game? I really don't want to restart the chapter, but I also don't like the idea of missing an important character.

you guys know you don't have to listen to them if you don't want to, right?

No, all enemies carry two guns, they one shot you because they carry a valve along with an smg or a shotgun which can one shot you too at close range

He does barely anything if anything at all. He's around for dialogue and the ending but that's it.

Artyom can only talk when he's writing his journal.

Attached: cryingkomi.jpg (389x599, 103K)

The other two have something this game doesn't. Can't quite my finger on it but this game just feels generic in comparison

Steve Blum sounds so fucking out of place

He always sounds out of place. He's actually capable of doing quite a few voices but always defaults to, well, the "steve blum voice"

youtube.com/watch?v=sd7oC3wmpuA

Probably because he IS out of place. Hes an American.

I want to hear what they have to say but they could have fucking condensed a lot of the speech instead of jamming in all this extra shit. Characters just go on and on when you already have the fucking point. As soon as someone opens their mouth I'm like oh Fuck here we go ten minute monologue.

did you niggas get nastya her teddy back?
>you better have you heartless fagits

>play for an hour
>starting to get into it
>game crashes

Can I get away with killing anyone that shoots st me and letting anyone that surrenders live? I cleared out the cultists and left those who surrendered alone and anna was like oh no they are gonna fucken hate us.

Should I buy it on pc or normal fat ps4?

Attached: 1546368929269.png (789x482, 711K)

>last few guys surrender
>i knock them all out

that doesnt count as killing right?

He's supposed to sound out of place. He's an American who was working in Russia when the bombs fell

No your fine. A distinct sounds plays when you fucked up

Imagine the weight it would bring if Artyom of all people was the one to finally speak up and propose the trains name.

I understand the point of a silent protagonist but it feels so shit in a situation where people are begging you to contact them over the radio or someone asks you to convince someone of doing something only for other characters to do so.

>Playing an FPS with a controller

and the screen kinda flashes? ive only seen that 2 or 3 times

>kill creatures
>they dont drop any materials for cleaning guns

Put on the russian voice and hear the very broken russian Sam does. He's an American so it makes sense to be voiced by the most american sounding motherfucker Steve blum.

Heard that pc port is non stop crashing

Attached: filing_images_0daec0e5c591.jpg (640x462, 424K)

anyone have the music that plays in the first open area when getting into fights? it only lasts a few seconds

no you're wrong they're firing full auto i can see their tracers maybe this issue was patched later but this dumb behavior was my first impression

only if you leave the baby Demon alive and just grab the teddy and run!

otherwise your a fucking monster, ven the DEMONS want toys for their kid demons.

The mute MC ruined all the immersion for me.
It felt like playing a retard.

>battle music drums starts playing

Attached: Replay 2019-02-21 13-55-48.webm (960x540, 2.74M)

There's no point to a silent protagonist in this game because we already know what he sounds like and that he's capable of speaking. It's tiresome to have Anna constantly speak for him.

I shot the hell out of that demon. One less to dive bomb me

this series never really got me, I guess it's because it just pales in front of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

I pirated the pc version, there were some hiccups where it would minimize when loading a brand new chapter but all in all, pretty good

This this and this. It's so fucked up how Anna is literally begging Artyom to let everyone know he's alive and how she doesn't want to be a Widow yet he never breaks radio silence. You can't have a silent protagonist for this type of shit. And again with the whole Saul and real baron sidequest at caspian. Why even bother making that when there's zero input?

Best metro game, still worse than average CoD clone

>game feels like vsync is on when its off in the options

>that forest part with the wolves and that giant ass bear

legit scared me

i didn't even see the baby and just molotov'd the nest lmao

fuck demons fuck mutants and FUCK humanimals

I wish the part before meeting the Pirates was longer. The wilderness with bears and wolves could have been really good, needing to fend off wolves until you get to a treehouse

>use a paddle boat
>giant crab things spit fireballs

What? I'm getting 7FPS in certain places.

Protip:don't ghost the bandit camp in the forest with the pioneer prisoner
Makes it a huge pain in the ass to free him cus you have to knock out every bandit AND the two bandits that aren't even in the fucking camp.

Its shit. The only good levels are the volga and dead city. The game gets Ubisoft tier when you meet the children of the forest. Also its plain terrible that you have to use stealth and boring KO prompt to have the good ending instead of the satisfying firearms. The story is boring as fuck. She Caspian sea part is complete shit, you cannot even kill the slavers if you want to be a good boy.

The only two places I had any fps issues with was on the lift leaving the cannibal bunker and during the bear fight.

Also the AI is a mess.

>She Caspian sea part is complete shit, you cannot even kill the slavers if you want to be a good boy.
That's bs. You don't gain any morale points for ghosting them, nor do you lose any for killing them.

Humanimals is such a stupid fucking name. Wouldn't "Manimals" be a much better name?

so whats the best level and why is it yamantau

Best level is Volga because pretend Stalker.

last light had this problem too and it's what caused me to drop it
fuck 4A

6/10.

A serious downgrade from Last Light, let alone 2033. Assigning linear sneak/shoot Gods to making a large scale (and barren) game was a mistake.

Does anyone have random stuttering every half a minute or so?

Attached: 1552781787182.webm (1920x1080, 2.66M)

>wasted all my molotovs and explo bolts thinking i could kill the bear
>twice

Attached: 1525985497774.png (207x243, 6K)

Attached: 1552597753917.jpg (5160x2160, 1.4M)

Attached: 1547877050245.jpg (1080x1079, 83K)

forgot it existed, I don't fucks with epic store shit

I didn't want to be rude

Attached: fappdy doo.gif (276x140, 28K)

Last level is scary

Whelp, it was nice thread while it lasted, but the jannies (trannies) are onto us now I'm afraid.

Cheers, see you in the next one.

Attached: frog24156.png (332x332, 118K)

The worm sections ruined it

Attached: Metro Exodus Screenshot 2019.02.26 - 05.05.42.77.png (1920x1080, 2.29M)

straight out of the vault dwellers memoirs from Fallout 2
"Within a dark and forbidding Vault, where the walls dripped with human flesh, and the screams of the dying echoed through the halls, I found many evil creatures and mutants. The deeper into the Vault I went, the more gruesome the journey. More and more flesh was to be found, integrated into the very walls. The worst part of it was that the flesh was still alive, and even aware of my presence."
4A did a great job in making exodus truly disgusting

Attached: 1531382180409.jpg (720x720, 25K)

>crosshair

pig disgusting