Is anyone else getting this? Does it launch at midnight tonight?

Is anyone else getting this? Does it launch at midnight tonight?

I've played 2 but never 1, I'm hoping it's nearly as good.

Attached: turok-656x364.jpg (656x364, 48K)

Forgot to mention it's the Switch version.

The two games may as well not even be related. Also you could have gotten the (superior) PC version dirt cheap a year ago.

Is 1 any good? I don't usually play FPS games

Turok 1 is way better than 2.
Also, much better on PC.

Bump

Oh fuck me, it's coming to Switch? I just got 2 on the xbone. I guess I'll get this for the Switch.

Yeah on the 18th. I'm hoping for a midnight release tonight

bump

Does it have gyro aiming??

I think so.

You can tell that Turok 2 was made by the people who would go on to make Metroid Prime because it's nice to look at but utterly miserable to play.

I'd rather play with gyro on a controller than with M+KB

The fuck is wrong with you?

Then get a Steam controller.

I own a Switch Pro, no lol.

First game I picked up when owning N64, I remember clearly, every cart was £60 a pop, my goodness

Yes. It's one of the best FPS games

Turok 1 has more open level design. It's not as tight as 2 but it feels very free

That works too.

Yea, can't wait to play this game that has no visual or performance downsides on the system I actually play games on, the Switch.

>switch
>no visual or performance downsides

Attached: typical switch release.png (659x346, 320K)

please tell me what that has to do with a port of a game from 1997

You really hate when people play games you like on systems other than PC, it seems to physically hurt you.

The goalpost has traveled so far, we're in a mexican indie party shooter now

the turok games had fans? wtf

Only because you make excuses and move the goalposts every time a solution is suggested.

evolution remake when. that game was the shit

m8 it's a fucking N64 game
My toaster that catches on fire if I even try to boot up Doom 16 blazes through the Turok remaster, I think the Switch will be fine.

Video games have fans? wtf

It's a remastered N64 game.

go replay it now. it's shit

Nahh, since i still have my N64 cart alongside Turok 2 cart

>I'd rather play with gyro on a controller than with M+KB

You can use a switch pro controller with gyro aiming on steam games, the only real reason to buy it on the switch is portability

>solution
To what problem? The problem of "user wants to buy an N64 game on Switch and his favorite control scheme is supported"?
Have you considered looking up a solution for your own problem of people happily playing a game on a console you don't like?

It's less maze-like than 2 which isn't a bad thing. Also, have fun.

I'd happily trade useless graphics options for an N64 game for portability.
It's starting to get a little funny how little your hiding how much it's actually bothering you that someone's satisfied buying an N64 port on a console with decent control options.

I actually played it for the first time with the remaster. It was fun as fuck

It's been cheaper and available longer on Steam, with mods, and support for the pro controller.

I already have it on Steam but if Night Dive releases it and 2 physically I'll pick them up. FPS games feel surprisingly good in portable mode.
I don't know if I'd use gyro though, anything more accurate than an analog stick kind of kills the difficulty.

If 2 gets a physical release, I'd get it just to have a party shooter. The Switch is sorely lacking those.

I played it on release and the only good thing was the graphics

strange strange little man.

IT's like Doom with Dinosaurs.

I have played it on th N64 and Steam is really good.

>mods
I want to play Turok, mods do not matter to me and have rarely ever made me want to replay a game more than the vanilla experience.

>cheaper
I got a job, I'll be fine but thanks for your concern.

>pro controller
Hey, that's on the Switch, too! Thanks for the heads up, user.

Well then play the remaster

The remasters are based on the PC versions.

I replayed it after playing the N64 version every year since release, the Remaster is even better and Turok not only still holds up but the remaster just shows that console limitations really held the game back. N64 Turok was already a 9/10 game, the Remaster proves that it's actually 11/10.

If you're that adamant about buying a worse version, go right ahead. Brag about it if you must.

It's only shit if you play it on N64 today because it has look spring and inverted Y axis, neither of which you can change . These aren't a problem on the remasters.

Rage Wars with online fucking when? PC, Switch, I don't give a fuck, just give it to me.

Attached: [raptor shrieking intensifies].jpg (637x477, 33K)

I played the remaster years ago, looking for the keys is a chore.

Turok 2 is one of those games that I would easily love to death if the level design wasn't such a clusterfuck.
Probably that's the reason I prefer 1 over 2, it feels a bit more open.

Attached: 83E67FC052DA45BAA63D8A646EF3680C7890000009E0C01DC75.gif (500x320, 919K)

>worse version
Holy shit user, you're right!? I'm counting the pixels right now, there are like 5 less MY EYES WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING!?
This shit needs more texture packs and nude mods, this is LITERALLY unplayable!

Nice 60fps

I think the only level I enjoyed was the Death Marshes, because it was literally a straight line.

My main issue with 2 is the inconsistent weapon damage. An enemy can die in a single shredder shot or if RNG wills it, it'll take 5 shots. 1 felt like Doom or Quake where a Raptor took 5 pistol shots to die every single time, no headshots or shooting their feet to stagger them but do no damage or any of that shit. Though 1 did have the Backstab mechanic for the knife which is neat.

The only shit part is the constantly respawning enemies. It's a pretty good game all in all.

>My main issue with 2 is the inconsistent weapon damage

Enemies have armored bits that are either impenetrable or have higher damage resistance. You might be hitting those. Most weapons kill in one or two hits if aimed at fleshy bits.

That's how I felt it anyway, I cant prove it.

Yes I will absolutely be picking this up

please show me gameplay of turok on the Switch running on 30 fps, I will literally give up on the spot and apologize for being oblivious
to this fact that a 22 year old N64 game with fighting polygon team graphics can't run at full speed on the Switch.

It's a barebones remaster of a n64 game
It'll run at 60

Jesus christ you're beyond retarded

>only 60fps
lol

Yeah games don't go higher than that dipshit

>DUDE CHECK OUT MY EPIC GAMER RICK FUCKING CONSOLE CU--
It's fucking Turok

Attached: 1377004588234.jpg (512x512, 43K)

*rig
ok time to lay down

>games don't go higher than that
I thought you had a job. Can't you afford a computer that can run games at 120fps?
>it's the same thing you just have to ignore everything worse

Attached: 1529202109020.jpg (696x535, 65K)

Lmfao

>but the remaster just shows that console limitations really held the game back.
Despite the game doing more than most FPS titles on PC back in the day. Only fault with Turok 1 on PC was no software rendered mode. You 'had' to have a 3dfx-compatible card for its original port.

Yeah, actually, the human eye can't process more than 2 frames per hour, so 12 fps is more than enough.

I'm not that same user and no I don't have a job fucking moron
Right? That guy was a total idiot
Agreed dude

>pic-related
Should have used an iguana.

Attached: Acclaim Mascot.jpg (1145x576, 129K)

That's a good idea, but I didn't have one saved.

Well, now you do, YOU SHIT

Attached: vcsHTqs.png (1031x615, 871K)

I think it's a legit reason user, the only reason why I wouldn't understand buying it is if you were mainly planning to play it at home

Not him but, I travel a lot, sometimes plane+hotel time make the difference between me finish a game or not, so even tho I mainly play at home, the portability helps a lot in the long run.