He's ruining PC gaming. How do we stop him?

He's ruining PC gaming. How do we stop him?

Attached: tim_sweeney_epic_16-9.jpg (768x432, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/s/thenextweb.com/gaming/2019/03/15/gamers-epic-games-rift-data-mining-tencent/amp/
twitter.com/TimSweeneyEpic/status/1095515651832201217
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Epic Games Store is wastly superior to Steam in every single way though. We offer developers more than 80% of their cut with better visibility on the front page of our store. We also offer exclusive games to our customers and better prices.

Steam sales and pirates already ruined PC gaming. There's a reason the platform has no single player games that aren't consolized to fuck.

His face looks like it is being stretched..
Just don't buy on EPIC.

>Just don't buy on EPIC.
Why not?

FUCK POOH BEAR AND FUCK PRC.

TAIWAN NUMBER ONE!

Attached: 1551455701335.gif (344x391, 3.2M)

Owned by the Chinese

I'm enjoying slime rancher

It's a better storefront than Steam though, with better exclusives and prices and better developer cut.

Because Chang, it's my money and I'll do what I want with it. I will Pirate a game before ever buying from that Tencent store.

Attached: 1536629754870.jpg (602x507, 101K)

Proofs?

Lmao, fuck off chinaman I'm not giving you access to a beloved medium or my information.

Proofs are all around you but you refuse to look

Attached: 20190317_104735.jpg (1402x233, 59K)

We can pirate and EGS will pay whatever the publishers were expecting to earn even if literally nobody buys the game in their store.
Literally everyone wins.

The developer's wont see a cent from you then, and you also miss out on alot of Epic Games Store's features.

Correct, as I said literally everyone wins.

google.com/amp/s/thenextweb.com/gaming/2019/03/15/gamers-epic-games-rift-data-mining-tencent/amp/

They've already been caught data mining, the chinks are fucking too obvious

>miss out on alot of Epic Games Store's features.
no i wont

>Epic Games Store's features
ps3 games?

They are being subsidized by Epic Tengames, they don't need me

Data mining

i aint clicking that you fat american ass musk

You want to sell some shit to me, come to me
I'm not coming to you to buy anything

>Only china is stealing your information
They already bought it from somewhere else, lol

TENCENT DOES NOT OWN FUCKING EPIC GAMES, HOW MANY TIMES DOES THIS HAVE TO BE SAID BEFORE YOU AUTISTS FINALLY STOP WITH THESE UNFUNNY STALE AND FORCED MEMES?!?!?

Attached: 25e.png (680x677, 451K)

If EGS didn't have obligation to give my data to Chinese government then I would consider it.

twitter.com/TimSweeneyEpic/status/1095515651832201217
>Tencent's directors are super valuable contributors whose advise and participation helped make Epic what it is today.

> better prices.
They keep saying that, I've yet to see it.

But they dont uplad anything without your permission.

Investing in a company is not the same as buying it, are you literally retarded?

Attached: Okay.jpg (1280x633, 199K)

You can only see the better prices in 2-3 games and only if you are american. Other countries have to pay more to make it up for the american lower prices and to keep that 12% cut.

You don't know it. But we do know it scans your PC.

tencent own the company and have the largest amount of shares of epic

>we need console war for PC
th-thanks

>But they dont uplad anything without your permission.
>Steam: Use our API if you want to import friends list to another service.
>Epic: "N-No, we're concerned about privacy!"
>*Proceeds to mine data*
>Epic: "We're not uploading it, we swear!
user, why lie to yourself?

He's not. Valve is finally waking up again. By 2020 we're going to see Half-Life VR announced properly, along with Portal 3 and some new IPs. Valve won't just stand by and let this happen. They'll fight Epic, and they'll win. Gaben beat fucking Microsoft, you think some limp-dick company is gonna stop him?

Attached: lara perfect waifu 2.jpg (1936x1440, 552K)

im never going to install the chinese garbage

A board of directors is what actually runs a company, disregard them and the company dies.

Just spam winnie the pooh pictures on his twitter, put the tienanmen pasta in your steam local data and make your epic games account with free tibet in the name.

Anyone have that anti-chinese firewall trigger text?

>Valve manning up and releasing exclusive games against Epic
Was PC console war a good thing?

Because Steam is pushing Linux gaming while GOG is pushing DRM free - both great things for us.

Epic is pushing their own profits and to become the facebook of video games

It made a great good to nintendo and sony, so yeah it's good.

>Investing in a company is not the same as buying it, are you literally retarded?
Yes you are right
They dont even need to buy the company to tell them what to do.

You
fucking
retard

Attached: .jpg (288x162, 6K)

>superior to Steam in every single way though.

Stop lying dude, everyone can see the lies.

>UNFUNNY STALE AND FORCED MEMES?!?!?
Do you realise the irony of your post since you slapped a Wojak in with it?

If that were the case Sweeney would have been ousted as CEO and Tencent would have placed their own there. They have a 40 percent stake and two of secen directors on their board of 7, they do not have a majority stake so you can stop with this shit

2 of 7 directors doesn't make a majority, math is hard

Attached: Now_what.jpg (600x449, 48K)

Everyone I know is so depressed they went and bought a PS4, so I'd say probably not.

How did he ended up being a slave to the chinks? I expected a chink.

You cant win against the jews, just give in.

>2 of 7
2 of 5, that's 40% and a 40% no one would be willing to ignore, this is not even a question since Tim said he considers them extremely valuable people.

>Tim himself said the directors voice their opinions about everything the company does and are extremely valuable and led to what Epic is today but he still tries to argue that they don't have an influence in the company

NOOOOO MY MONOPOLY

Do you also complain when people say Valve is ran by Jews?

Attached: 1550092675410.jpg (698x711, 55K)

Epic Games Store > Steam
I dont want to support american idiots so this is good for us

Hi Winnie

Shoot him

Gunfags only ever shoot poor people
Coincidence?

People need to stop pushing the Chinese meme with the Epic Games Store. Tencent is fairly hands-off with its foreign companies so long as they're profitable. It's a hell of a lot more likely all the bullshit Epic's been pulling is just because they've gotten cocky off of all their Fortnite money and want to swing their weight around for maximum greed, damn the long-term consequences of the platform. Besides, there's tons of reasons to consider Epic and its store shit without mentioning Chinese companies once:
>No cloud saves
>Only basic controller support
>No modding platform
>Ironically, actual Chinese customers can't buy games on Epic's store
>No Linux support whatsoever
>No free key generation for publishers to sell to third-party distributors which will result in competing prices (and it won't ever happen given that someone directly asked Tim about this and he dodged the answer)
>Scrapes your Steam data without your permission (which is a violation of GDPR) and claims that it's for if you ever want to link friends lists even though Epic takes all of your games played data as well as your wishlist too (and other things)
>Instead of using its vast Fortnite money to directly fund new studios and produce new games that wouldn't have existed otherwise, Epic moneyhats already existing games to take them away from other storefronts

Attached: 1360691527791.png (453x604, 394K)

his face looks extremely dishonest

based. fuck china

>A reasonable take on the issue on Yea Forums.

Where the fuck do you think you are?

>no fun allowed
fuck off

Attached: 1551596276436.gif (548x401, 192K)

>We
Nice try shill

Attached: 61987-0-1465692953.png (283x377, 65K)

>They have a 40 percent stake
Meaning Tencent can kneecap the company overnight if they withdraw 40% of the holdings. That kind of hit would cause a rolling selloff by other investors and cause them to lose a lot of business capital. A company doesn't simply take a 40% hit like that and keep moving without huge problems. This isn't a video game where they would still have 60% health left and they can drink a potion to get back to normal.

A guy just got brainwashed by Chinese propaganda and shot 49 people dead in two mosques after declaring allegiance to them and aiming to bring about a race war in the West. Let's not pretend there isn't a greater motive.

I don't even support Tencent but you have no idea how finance works

I don't actually believe that Epic is dancing to Tencent's tune and I usually don't mention Tencent when seriously discussing EGS' failings with others but I Tiananmenpost here anyway because it's fun.

Based

Tim already confirmed that he does

Anyone who is upset about the epic store being a thing needs some real problems in their life.

Its not a big deal and its better for the developer who i would assume people whould want to support so they can have more money and maybe make some more games.

9/11
BAY OF PIGS
DONALD TRUMP
GREAT DEPRESSION

>How do we stop him?
Stop giving him money.

Duh.

Too bad it won't incite them to make good games because epic will cover the losses if the game tanks. Basically a free paycheck for making shitty low effort asset flips and indie games regardless of how they sell.

EGS and the developers wouldn't give less of a shit about me. Just look at that Phoenix Point dev turned his back on his kickstarters who were there for them 2-3 years ago and sold himself to epic because he knew well that even if all the people refunded Epic would pay them all the loses and enough to give those free DLCs.

It's great we have FREEDOM and we aren't going to be executed just for reading your post unlike the chinese.

It's actually a massive deal, China has been wrapping its filthy communist tentacles around gaming for awhile, if we continue to let it happen they will destroy the medium

He looks like a rat lmao

>We

LMAO are there actual China bots here?