Reminder that Mirror's Edge Catalyst was one of the most disappointing games of all time

reminder that Mirror's Edge Catalyst was one of the most disappointing games of all time

Attached: MEcomparison.jpg (2907x3264, 999K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/T8pWZjXWXY8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

and was ultimately an injustice to anybody who enjoyed the first game

Attached: Mirror's Edge vs Mirror's Edge Catalyst AI.webm (960x540, 2.9M)

Fuck the open world fags.

>b-but it's not REAL open world.

No fuck you, I told you retards this would happen and it did.

Attached: 54687.jpg (848x480, 69K)

>2008

Attached: 1552452815190.jpg (700x466, 169K)

Eh, it was ok, the first one wasn't that good anyway, you're just nostalgia fagging right now

it was a step down in every way, prequel and a reboot that doesn't jive with the original at all so it's basically a new game using the same characters in a worse way - soundtrack was a step down - gameplay was a step down and locked moves behind a talent tree for gameplay padding - nothing about it is better than 1

I just want the original released in VR.

bottom one looks lazy as fuck

You're wrong, and great cherrypicking there with your image.

Kokonoe is so cute, but the manga ends in "happy ending" :^)

For once i agree with op

>lets give the player a neat grappling hook device
>lets only place a single digit amount of grapple points around the entire city for them to use
Wowwww i'm so impressed

Why would you want otherwise? It's a fucking parkour game, not Quake.

so why put in a meaningless gadget or mechanic at all? it's poor design and adds nothing to the game itself

this could have been an amazing opportunity for a triple A tag game with zombie tag and ctf etc. Instead its only a time trial pseudo open world thing

Chasing graphics killed the implementation of pleasant aesthetic

>the first one wasn't that good anyway, you're just nostalgia fagging right now
It's the equivalent of a cult movie, people here have always loved it, fuck off.

The actual parkour is great but the mission design and combat suck. Just like Mirror's Edge 1. :)

God I fucking love the original Mirror's Edge. It was fucking fantastic in almost every aspect.
youtu.be/T8pWZjXWXY8

>been 2 years already, bordering on 3
>ME came out in 08 for it's been 10-11 years
Feeling old

Attached: 1536659625937.png (766x1000, 240K)

Meh...

you can climb wall like that in battlefield too

I played the first and enjoyed it for its parkour aspect (sense of motion and sound) but hated just about everything else. Is the 2nd any different? I might pick it up one day.

2nd has forced combat sections as opposed to 1 where you could avoid everything if you were skilled enough

Well that's a bummer. I hated the few times in the first where they stopped your flow because of enemy ai or stupid cutscenes.

AAAAHHHHHHHHHG FUCCCK

Attached: 0E93C2C1-D1CA-4E69-88FC-6B22A3C25E78.jpg (1024x407, 34K)

to be fair, it's not THAT many but there are some, you have to disable these antenna things around the city and then fight a squad of security guards that come at you after

1st has bloom, second has no bloom.

Thanks for the heads up, ill probably still pick it up eventually.

>Skyrim will be 8 years old this year

>I took an arrow in the knee

Attached: hello_my_old_friend.jpg (1600x1200, 329K)

xD

Hey hey people.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 164K)