youtube.com/watch?v=3V3HeRnRNH8#t=2509
youtube.com/watch?v=_NAG9W8R0Lg
artstation.com/to_hsu
youtube.com/watch?v=OdAt2SCRqV8
youtube.com/watch?v=PHWxMHHOHyw
youtube.com/watch?v=GSwATqPUsv0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Play Castle.

Hire more heroes - secondaries can pick up resources, flag mines, visit windmills and external creature dwellings, bring reinforcements for the main hero.
Build creature generators on the first week, collect gold from chests. Get offense, tactics, earth magic(for mass slow), logistics on your heroes.
Remove retaliation by one unit stacks.

Attached: HeroCatherineIII.png (174x192, 30K)

Get earth magic.

Main Inferno

a few years back I thought I finally found an niche obscure game I can get good at and play with a few dozen neckbeards at the most in online lobbies
now it's in the thousand # of players and zoomers coming in from twitch plebs and even a tranny who stream it for the kids that get autistically good at it in an insane amount of time or the mediocre retards that ruin lobbies by playing like retards

this was a super closed community and it should've stayed that way, russians in giant numbers really ruin everything

It has always been an extremely popular game in Eastern Europe.

Yes but nobody played it online as much or in the way it is played at a tournament level.
I can pinpoint you the exact year and month when the lobby spiked up from 120 users to 2k+ because it got streamed to tens of thousands of russian kids. Every match now has to be premade with people you already know and played with to have a good and challenging time. You can't play with randoms anymore at all, it's all downhill.

Diplomacy

play Necropolis
make sure others players aren't playing Necropolis

Play Heroes 4.

Attached: 189218128218.jpg (2000x1767, 837K)

so it's not just JC with autistic rules, clash of dragons and stupid 8p ffa diplos anymore?

jc is standard choice there's other templates that are used as well and the rules work just fine, or do you seriously think it's ok to dd to a sanctuary past the guard and call it fair?
there's a bunch of broken shit in the game that's against the rules for a reason

no, I mean, are people not playing the good old JC with tourney rules anymore that you need to seek out players you know? or did you mean that you keep matching with people that are shit at the game? I haven't been on hota in a while

I don't mind the autistic tourney rules THAT much, like trading for color in the startup etc I just mind playing against randoms who literally break the game and they just don't care, the arbitrary point system actually means something to them that much. Hota sucks right now in lobby. Find people you can trust and play between each other.

I like HOMM4's ambitions and story. If I was making a game, not necessarily even in the same genre, I'd steal ideas from HOMM4.
But if I want to play a game, I'll play HOMM3.

Heroes III for local MP with your cousin while you're eating sunflower seeds and drinking kompot
Heroes IV for the Single player
Seriously, the single player campaign in HoMM4 is fantastic, especially the pirate and the undead ones, i reccomend it to everybody

- make more skeletons
- get earth and air magic
- make even more skeletons
- diplomacy
- dwelings before capitol
- more skeletons
- complete cloak of the undead king
- have 5500 power liches

I tried playing the campaign at some point and it was hopelessly hard. I suck at the game, mainly because I just use my main hero to do everything because fuck secondary heroes.

Raise Dead

Attached: 12k.jpg (1346x722, 381K)

>copy built order/turn order from some pro streamer
>win every game easily

(Slow/turnbased) Strategies game get super boring when you get good.

how do i choose my abilities?

every kid i knew played this game when i was a child.

You can choose between two skills on every levelup.

you're a complete retard dude
just like op

no shit, but can i influence which skills pop up?
because if i don't get the wanted ones my hero is just cucked out of fighting forever

Watch slav tournaments.
youtube.com/watch?v=HGfnlwbDjj4

There's more than one spellcasting creature in homm 3, like enchanters, faerie dragons, even archangels can cast resurrection. Some like elementals can only cast 1 spell but even ignoring those it's still wrong.

Why am I even responding to this

Here's probability of gaining skills on a levelup for different classes.
Warrior type gets magic skill every 4 levels, wizards every 3 levels.

Attached: 1552751988335.png (659x1362, 103K)

certain hero types have different chances to get certain skills and can't learn some skills at all e.g. rangers are likely to get armorer and resistance but can't learn fire magic from levelling

You can savescum to reroll 3 picks you got

damn thanks

>There's more than one spellcasting creature in homm 3, like enchanters, faerie dragons
The image is comparing the game pre-expansions. Enchanters and faerie dragons are still shit examples, because you still have no control over them, they just cast spells randomly. And those creatures aren't eevn part of a town, you can only recruit them from neytral dwellings.

>even archangels can cast resurrection.
Only a single spell, and even that comes with a weird limitation (you can't resurrect your own stack of archangels).

Heroes 4 vastly improves upon heroes 3 game mechanics, which are seriously lacking.

What? Maybe in different game, but not in h3.

are you talking about campaign/scenarios?

Each class has different chances of getting certain skills. Necromancers have an 8% chance to get earth magic for example. Check the wiki

If you want to basically cheat then save before levelling until you get what you want

Disregard my post, I was talking about HoMM4

And you'll get same skills.

And Age of Wonders always had far greater mechanics, but guess what - most people prefer homm

HoMM4 had shit art style, shit combat music, shit towns and very unbalanced gameplay. Everything else was top tier though, especially campaigns.

>If you want to basically cheat then save before levelling until you get what you want
Doesn;t work, the seed is fixed as soon as you start a map.

There are two ways to influence skill gain:

1. When facing a choice between two useful skills, one being original and one an upgrade of an existing one, always choose the original one.

2. Seek out learners that can teach you useful skills (although this requires save scumming).

You can check witch hut with secondaries, but for those scholar monks there's only savescumming indeed.

If a game is most popular with "people" like Russians, Polish and Chinese, I'd be very worried. That game must have been created by Satan.

>And Age of Wonders always had far greater mechanics, but guess what - most people prefer homm
What does that have to do with anything? Homm4 is better than Homm3 precisely because it's a better REALIZATION of the concept of heroes of might and magic.

Or do you think creatures and towns being bland is a good thing>

I like this theme in homm4.
youtube.com/watch?v=fBsUXGqzDJE

The point is that having more mechanics and freedom doesn't necessarily make a game better. It's all about how it all comes together. And while homm4 has admirable aspects as a whole it just sucks compared to 3.

I'd also note King's Bounty. Every unit there has a unique special ability, providing excellent combos and yet homm combat is just more fun.

It's only comparing without expansions because we both know that the HoMM 4 expansions are absolute shit. Even without the expansions there are ogre magi, archangels and elementals that cast a spell. Doesn't matter if it's only 1, they're there.

I also like how it's claiming that having more useless spells is somehow worth exposing yourself to the cancer inducing graphics

Watch some Meridian warcraft 3 vods (on 1.5x speed if you don't want to waste your life away), it will teach you the basics of better play.

youtube.com/watch?v=uaBerlni0-4

>warcraft 3
Wat?

don't know why I said warcraft 3, probably bcs I just watched some back2warcraft and miswrote.

There's also mekick to teach you how to sudoku 111 and lexiav to teach you how to lose games as Luna

>shooting stacks block everything
Ha-ha, classic.

You also forgot that Heroes 4 is piss ugly, while Heroes 3 is gorgeous and timeless

>Heroes 3
>gorgeous
>muted colors everywhere and terrible creature sprites some of which had to be fixed
>some of the worst Hero portraits in the series
>multiple rendering errors in town screens
I don't think so Artyom
2 is the timeless one.

Looks good to me 4fag.

4 looks even worse

So is there any newish game that captures the feeling of HOMM3? I saw age of wonders mentioned in the thread, is it any good?

>This one friend who always focuses on ranged units

Attached: brocks rules.png (640x480, 283K)

I definitely recommend the aow series, especially 3. Besides that Disciples 1 and 2

lol 3 had terrible sprites? Compared to 4? user please

>It's only comparing without expansions because we both know that the HoMM 4 expansions are absolute shit.
Because the developers went bankrupt while making them. And you're acting as if homm3 expansions were great, when the whole conflux faction is essentially one big joke that was designed without any rhyme or reason.

Learn to read.

>I also like how it's claiming that having more useless spells is somehow worth exposing yourself to the cancer inducing graphics
You are genuinely retarded if you think this. It's heroes 3 where most spells are useless. Heroes 4 fixes this. Let's take the spells that protect against magic for example:

Heroes 3 has protective spells that reduce at most 50% damage fom earth, air, fire, water spells. This is useless, because:
A) there are only a handful of damaging spells in heroes 3, and they are generally a waste of time because buffing/debuffing spells are far more powerful
B) creatures cannot cast spells and heroes can cast only 1 spell per round, which means that the protection is extremely limited. Why would you shield a creature from magic damage when even in the best case scenario it will be targeted once per round, when you could be shielding it against physical damage, since combat involves dozens of combatants and it's far more likely that creature will be attacked physically multiple times.
C) these spells only protect from magic damage, not elemental damage (e.g. a fire elemental's physical attack). This is retarded.

Now let's look at Heroes 4. It replaces those spells with protective wards that protect not just against magic damage from a certain element, but an entire FACTION and the associated magic school and its units. This is far more useful, because:
A) they give your units a 50% chance to resist any non-damaging spells from that magic school, including status ailments that would disable them. This applies also to creature abilities, e.g. a Unicorn's blind.
B) they also reduce magical damage by 50% not just from a specific element, but an entire magic school.
C) they increases your units' melee and ranged defense against physical attacks from units of that faction by 50%.

Attached: 1551017810907.png (558x614, 29K)

This user is correct. I wouldn't sing high praise to H4 magic system but magic in 3 is just retarded.

Cloak of the Undead King

but thankfully the rest of the game built around 3 isn't shit

>but thankfully the rest of the game built around 3 isn't shit

>Magic heroes are inherently inferior to Might heroes
>Creature abilities only have a incredibly low 20% chance of triggering, making them essentially a non-factor in combat
>Most spells are useless
>A significant portion of skills are useless
>Towns range from absurdly underpowered (Inferno) to absurdly overpowered (Conflux)

Yeah, great design.

Attached: 1551004176122.png (520x390, 95K)

>>Creature abilities only have a incredibly low 20% chance of triggering, making them essentially a non-factor in combat
>Most spells are useless
>A significant portion of skills are useless

Citation needed

Play Heroes 5 instead

I just thought about this game
interesting

>homm thread
>autist turns it into a flame war

Attached: 1521488382468.jpg (546x404, 139K)

>Citation needed
Citation for what? Basic game mechanics? Just go to the heroes 3 wiki, it's all there.

dont be a lazy hack, back up your claims pussy

first time?

If there's one thing HoMM4 did right, it's making mass slow a tier 4 spell instead of a fucking tier 1.

>Citation needed

Attached: 1540648134959.jpg (565x800, 312K)

No you see HOMM3 would be much better if black knights always did double damage or ghost dragons always aged enemies, making it so something always happens is just better

You have to cheese it. "Competitive Community" tends to just spam Heroes with stuff like Logistics and chain the units between them if needed.

then it would become an unbalanced clusterfuck. Huh kinda like 4

HoMM3 is already an unbalanced clusterfuck. Try playing 1v1 without earth magic against someone who got expert earth 112 or 113. I still like both games though, and enjoy HoMM3 more.

>No you see HOMM3 would be much better if black knights always did double damage or ghost dragons always aged enemies, making it so something always happens is just better
There is plenty of middle ground between creature abilities triggering 20% and 100%. 20% is just way too low, it means the creature abilities thst are supposed to distinguish creatures from each are other are in fact not very distinctive at all, since they almost never occur.

Besides, in heroes 4 creature abilities can also be resisted. Various creatures have soem form of resistance, and hero artifacts can also add resistance to your creatures,

On top of that, creatures also have natural immunities, e.g. aging doesn't work on mechanical, undead and elemental units.

>Magic heroes are inherently inferior to Might heroes
Wait what? I thought magic was the shit?

>Wait what? I thought magic was the shit?
Some magic is useful, but might heroes in heroes 3 can easily learn magic skills and have access to the same kinds of magic as magic heroes. The primary benefit magic heroes have is better damage scaling, which is not important, because damaging magic in heroes 3 is not all that useful.

This means might heroes are competent spellcasters while also greatly boosting the combat prowess of their units.

thats all present in 3, have you even played 3?

The expansions were good enough that nobody plays without them, which is why it's stupid to not include them

Though really the only reason you didn't include them is because HOMM 3 would have more creatures if you did, which is a shit argument anyway

Magic is strong, but in big army clashes might stats are very much more necessary, as artifacts will give you the power/spell points you need but each additional might point you have over your opponent is a huge advantage in brawling. Might heroes get far more might stats on each level, and have higher chance for more useful skills (offense, armorer, tactics, etc.)

I wont disagree that magic is unbalanced but its better than being able to solo whole armies with a single hero in 4

>Though really the only reason you didn't include them is because HOMM 3 would have more creatures if you did, which is a shit argument anyway
That's not an argument in favor of heroes 3, it's one against it.

Heroes 3 base game had only 4 neutral creatures, which is the lowest of any heroes game. It desperately needed those expansions to add more creatures. Heroes 4 did not have this problem.

Magic won't help you much against black dragons. You just get wizard hat and that blade +5 all skills from dragon utopia with your might hero and wreck everyone.

3 has six neutral creatures, also it has 118 creatures. Not sure where the person who created that pic got 60

>3 has six neutral creatures, also it has 118 creatures. Not sure where the person who created that pic got 60
You're counting upgraded creatures as separate creatures. That makes no sense, when most of them are minor statistical upgrades over normal ones.

>3 has six neutral creatures
It has four neutral creatures (the four base elementals). The other two are diamond/gold golems, which are just upgrades of iron golems.

If only there were some kind of expansion or new content that adds those creatures

I suppose this would be a good argument if this were shortly after the release of 3 and you'd gone back in a time machine to argue with someone who liked it but we've all been playing with the expansions for the last 20 years, so not including them is retarded, which has been said before

yeah I figured thats what they were trying to pull, no one besides you would agree that upgraded creatures aren't different creatures

>If only there were some kind of expansion or new content that adds those creatures
What is your point? Heroes 4 was immediately hated upon release despite being much more feature-rich than heroes 3 after release (or even after expansions).

I doubt any hypothetical heroes 4 expansion, no matter how good, would've changed the naysayers minds.

But let me guess, the minor stats upgrades in 4 are deep and complex game mechanics, right?

Otherwise you've got 4 creatures per town by your own argument

I can´t get into HoMM4 because Towns are shit.

I want Necropolis!, not a crossover Town with Undead, demons, and unrelated monsters.

>mfw cast counterstrike on vampire lords

Attached: 1551137417183.png (389x384, 385K)

>I want Necropolis!, not a crossover Town with Undead, demons, and unrelated monsters.
Then don't pick the non-undead?

You can have a Necropolis with skeletons, ghosts, vampires and bone dragons.

>This one friend who always focuses on ranged units and laughed when you picked fortress against him and claimed tactics is a shit skill

Attached: 1552581574919m.jpg (1024x1020, 113K)

Exactly and it was done with the illusion of choice, but who in there right mines wouldn't choose vampires

>But let me guess, the minor stats upgrades in 4 are deep and complex game mechanics, right?
What minor stat upgrades? Heroes 4 doesn't have those. Instead, you choose between different units. And these choices are much more interesting, since you're choosing between wildly different units, e.g. Faerie Dragon vs Phoenix, or Efreet vs Nightmare

>Otherwise you've got 4 creatures per town by your own argument
That's a nonsense argument. Those creatures exist in the game. Just because you don't use them doesn't mean they cease to exist.

>actually seriously arguing with someone that thinks heroes 4 was good
He's like a flat earther.

The point is you retard that there are more than the 6 neutral creatures in 3 because they were added in an expansion. The expansions that you apparently decided don't exist because you are absolutely desperate to prove that 4 is better than 3.

Nobody plays 3 without the expansions. Hell, it's hard to find a game without HOTA.

THREAD THEME youtube.com/watch?v=OVb4kqayYes

>Exactly and it was done with the illusion of choice, but who in there right mines wouldn't choose vampires

mightandmagic.fandom.com/wiki/Necromancy_Ward

>Necromancy Ward is a third-level Nature Magic spell in Heroes of Might and Magic IV that costs five spell points and prevents any Raise or Animate Dead spell from working for the duration of the combat. It affects all targets on the Combat Map, including dead ones.

This spell completely shuts down vampires ability to steal life to raise themselves.

Additionally, vampire's life drain is also useless against mechanical and elemental units, which in heroes 4 are far more common.

Attached: 1551390421904.png (420x420, 166K)

never played this series, was that curse of the dragonbone staff game just a shitty spinoff?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZwM5zmm-nkM

what an insightful post
thanks for this retarded comment

so having a few counters somehow doesn't make it the obvious choice, ok

You are of course aware that creatures are essentially statblocks with abilities stapled on in both games, right? Or in 4 is the imp that drains spellpoints somehow better than the imp in 3 that drains spellpoints because you can choose to build skeletons instead?

stupid fucking retard
stop pretending you even play games
go fucking die in a public toilet

its a remake of the first kings bounty

My man

Essentially, yeah. It's more of a kings bounty remake with a heroes skin though

I heard the pikeman attack noise in my head as soon as I read that

it has always been popular with slavs faggot

Venom spawn aren't that bad tbqh. Insane stats for a tier 3 ranged unit and poison is broken against the AI.

>You are of course aware that creatures are essentially statblocks with abilities stapled on in both games, right? Or in 4 is the imp that drains spellpoints somehow better than the imp in 3 that drains spellpoints because you can choose to build skeletons instead?

>imagine being this retarded
The imp spellpoint drain in heroes 3 is generally useless, because it only steals 20% from spells the enemy hero casts and transfers them to your own hero. 20% of a 5 SP spell is 1 SP. Whoop di doo,

In heroes 4, the imp automatically drains spellpoints each turn regardless of what the enemy hero does. This draining applies not just to heroes, but also creatures. A heroes 4 imp can cripple angels, removing their ability to resurrect, or nightmares, reducing their ability to cast terror.

Additionally, if you split heroes 4 imps in different stacks, they will each use the magic drain ability individually. In heroes 3 this is not the case.

It is far more useful an ability than in heroes 3. And that's the case for pretty much every ability/spell in heroes 4.

Attached: 1552511682265.jpg (645x729, 81K)

Post HoMM3 memes RIGHT NOW

Attached: 1552844596514.png (800x600, 646K)

Oh, so they gave the shitty level 1 unit the wraith's ability. Well I'm convinced. Heroes 4 is the best!

>only offensive skills
>only offensive spells
>"lol buffing your units is stupid"
>he loses
every single time

>Oh, so they gave the shitty level 1 unit the wraith's ability. Well I'm convinced. Heroes 4 is the best!

>imagine being even more retarded
Heroes 3 wraith doesn't redistribute the stolen SP back to your heroes/creatures, whereas heroes 4 imp does. And heroes 3 wraith can only steal SP from heroes (since heroes 3 creatures don't have SP).

That's why the heroes 4 imp is much better.

Attached: 1513620154472.jpg (462x515, 69K)

I'm a brainlet who has played this game for 2 years but never played online. How do you do it? Gameranger or some shit? Is online even fun or do people just spam necropolis?

Attached: powerlich.png (543x659, 35K)

Attached: 1517934680523.jpg (1082x1080, 150K)

Attached: TWTdAsshr3k.jpg (523x701, 92K)

Attached: 1IGN04Z3IIY.jpg (650x644, 62K)

FOR ME ITS CONFLUX!

Attached: 1518278162424.jpg (814x1012, 116K)

Attached: 1532337688504.jpg (512x547, 53K)

It was a useless ability in both games, and it wasn't even the point. You're arguing that creature upgrades in 3 aren't significant enough to count as creatures by your own arbitrary standards but the ones in 4 do because they have abilities or you can choose them. Arguing those as different is retarded because creatures in both are stacks of stats with abilities that help them use said stats.

All this to prove that 3 has more creatures, which again, doesn't matter. Fuck.

>It was a useless ability in both games, and it wasn't even the point.

>removing angel's ability to resurrect simply by having 1 imp stack in your party
>useless

It's useless in heroes 3. You are genuinely retarded if you think it's useless in heroes 4.

>You're arguing that creature upgrades in 3 aren't significant enough to count as creatures by your own arbitrary standards but the ones in 4 do because they have abilities or you can choose them. Arguing those as different is retarded because creatures in both are stacks of stats with abilities that help them use said stats.
I said no such thing. Heroes 4 does not have creature upgrades you imbecile. Have you even played the game?

Heroes 4 creatures are better because while they lack upgrades, they have more unique traits and attributes than even the upgraded creatures in Heroes 3.

For example, compare the Minotaur/Minotaur King in Heroes 3:
heroes.thelazy.net/wiki/Minotaur

to the Minotaur in Heroes 4:
heroesofmightandmagic.com/heroes4/creatures_chaos.shtml

The minotaur/minotaur king in heroes 3 has a permanent +1 morale as its special ability. The only thing an upgrade achieves is raising its attack by 1, its defense by 3 and its speed by 2.

Minotaur in heroes 4 has no upgrade, but it has a 30% chance to block any melee, ranged or area of effect attack in the game, negating any damage.

GEE, I WONDER WHICH OF THESE TWO VERSIONS OF THE CREATURE IS MORE DISTINCTIVE?

Attached: 1552471961527.png (1000x432, 165K)

Attached: oXBGR7zkR8w.jpg (650x815, 192K)

Heroes 3's art style had a lot of dated quirks, shitty early digital art and some questionable stylistic choices all around. Let's call it "an acquired taste" at best, definitely not "gorgeous" or "timeless".

Attached: 1529024376901.gif (320x190, 1005K)

Heroes 3 doesn't even have proper idle animations for units. Meanwhile in heroes 4:

>chaos sorceress adjusts her wig, inadvertently revealing she is bald

Attached: 1552254448683.png (512x288, 98K)

Attached: 1528995506430.jpg (848x2944, 626K)

>chaos sorceress adjusts her wig, inadvertently revealing she is bald
Kek, I remember that.

Attached: 1527801872386.jpg (1200x1668, 277K)

Yeah I watched sseth too

Attached: 1513001525476.jpg (800x1201, 786K)

What was it you said before?

>those creatures exist in the game. Just because you don't use them doesn't mean they don't cease to exist

I suppose that would make you a hypocrite if that only applied to one of the games we're talking about. Will you be amending your image to show the actual amount of creatures in each or shall I?

what the fuck was her problem

Oh and of course I've played 4. Not as much as 3 of course, because it's not as good. And it's not my fault you apparently can't read and thought I was talking about upgrades in 4 when it was obvious I was talking about the unit choices

You're as clueless about Heroes III as you are gay in life mate

Eador

Attached: 1494582204275.jpg (1280x720, 127K)

What's the consensus on HoMM 5 and 6? I've got physical copies sitting in a box somewhere but never bothered to try them. Not really sure why whenever I get the urge to play something from the series I always just go back to 2 or 3 instead of trying those two for once.

Attached: 1488905784517.jpg (584x5683, 365K)

5 is basically a 3d version of 3
haven't tried 6

Attached: 1531476364036.jpg (736x563, 194K)

5 is alright with all the expansions if you can stomach poorly thought out 3D graphics from 2004 and mediocre AI. It has some good ideas regarding creature and hero abilities and is worth a play. There's a pretty extensive polish 5.5 mod that arguably makes it even better but nearly makes it into something completely different so YMMV.

6 is barely Heroes. Too much simplification in the name of streamlining, they killed logistics, hero progression is basically completely different and doesn't work very well, but campaigns are worth a go as a single-player adventure, especially if you enjoyed the new King's Bounty games. Don't give Ubisoft too much of your money though.

VII is bad.

What is that? Concept art? For which game?

Attached: 1363593766617.png (800x600, 583K)

>not Gelu vs Kilgor
eh

If this was heroes 4, you'd be able to stealth past them undetected and steal whatever treasure or flag whatever mine/dwelling they were guarding.

Attached: 154492855-288-k41089.jpg (288x450, 13K)

It's just HoMM 3 fanart

Wow that totally sounds reasonable and not busted at all, should've mentioned you gain EXP for successful stealth attempts to make it even more balanced

Holy shit, just looked it up and 5 looks like trash. What the hell happened there.

>Wow that totally sounds reasonable and not busted at all,

God forbid a strategy game have different ways of waging a campaign. Stealth is a fairly common feature in strategy games.

Attached: 1550301794741.gif (607x609, 514K)

I didn't like heroes 4 because simultaneous retaliation made it so your army would get depleted way faster

Legitimately been playing this game since I was a kid in the early 2000s and I still can’t even beat a single scenario on normal mode.

>5 is alright with all the expansions if you can stomach poorly thought out 3D graphics from 2004

5 actually came out in 2006.

Which make its hideous graphics all the more baffling.

Attached: ManticoreH5.png (396x577, 573K)

>there are absolutely no flaws in Heroes 4 and if you imply there are I'll autistically deploy my pepe/wojak folder

Russians.
And also World of Warcraft.
Which is a shame because concept arts for 5 were absolutely metal.

Attached: 0_135b22_a348f795_orig.jpg (1529x1200, 1.88M)

>Russians.
Ubisoft. Frenchies actively pressured the devs to make the game more generic and endlessly re-do shit. Like, they even made them replace the grail with some dragon tear shit because religious refeerences might not have been seen as politically correct. There's a funny blogpost about this from the game's dev I can point you to, but you'll have to know Russian.

Attached: 1518210429290.jpg (811x503, 46K)

I wish we could see Sanctuary before COLOR EVERYTHING ONE COLOR retards from Ubisoft got to it. Yep, weebs were planned for V too.

Attached: 0_135b64_3cc147b1_orig.png (1042x1745, 2.68M)

How the fuck does this game has 1500 players online right now?

Attached: 1514059897079.png (421x389, 228K)

Russians

Is that Heroes art by Letriot? I fucking love this guy's style.

Yeah. They got him to design the look of the world Ubisoft came up with for the brand before shitting all over it. I will never not be mad about this.

Attached: med_gallery_3_24_56732.jpg (445x600, 84K)

King's Bounty is just too slow. Every turn takes forever. Same with Eador.

if you did not get good in 20 years since release, just give up

Weirder still is that there is often 3-5k people watching it on Twitch.

>we could have had a Heroes game in Letroit's artstyle
God damn, I would have been better off not knowing this. Fucking Ubisoft.

Attached: 1414277244187.jpg (255x213, 5K)

??? Kings bounty is just as fast as HoMM

Attached: 4S4iljryGUA.jpg (868x488, 55K)

Attached: 1234567686756.jpg (1513x1177, 115K)

>AAAAAAA SAVE ME DRAKON

>angels are unironic fucking robots and demons are space aliens
Man I miss the old setting

Attached: melodiaHomm3.jpg (863x1200, 226K)

Best faction coming through. Out of the way baka gaijin.

Attached: 20110310-Sanctuary-Video-08.jpg (1280x720, 178K)

It's a shame the hero mechanics in that game are fucking cancer, I really liked some of the unit designs.

Attached: 1518210164428.jpg (811x1134, 146K)

Only thing I will give six is the waifus.

Play Heroes 5.5

Attached: 15370_screenshots_2014-09-15_00030.jpg (1024x768, 239K)

>WoW rejects
>best faction

I just remembered there are 2 drakons, the gnoll one and the black wizard who turns monks into enchanters

There's so much shit in this game, I just found out there's a bunch of standalone campaigns

They don't look like anything in WoW.

so is capitol rush a noob trap?

In the vast majority of cases, yes

yes

you need to start stacking up creatures in your towns asap

Depends on the game, map, opponent and difficulty.

In homm3? Pretty much, everyone builds their troop buildings and castle first. Money isn't too important right at the start because you should be picking up treasure and looting dwarven banks in the first couple of weeks

>the "depends" meme

I hate people like you.

It's literally true, fuck off.

t.slav

Attached: 1515955365329.jpg (1280x840, 123K)

>slav
>only discovering homm3 a few years ago
>thinking it's obscure

Attached: 50mWq3vMMPs.jpg (1175x861, 86K)

In what scenario would you build capitol before anything else?

I'm genuinely asking. If it's a custom map I wouldn't know

youtube.com/watch?v=hkDXNSWJLuo

Attached: Headphones.jpg (354x286, 15K)

Plebeian's choice.

Easy
Play Heroes of Might and Magic II

Ghost Dragons are terrifying, man.
In concept, anyway.

so when they build a castle does the land slowly changes or what

Attached: 1552593687906.jpg (1096x1160, 266K)

Attached: 1552593268158.jpg (887x890, 123K)

That's kinda how it worked in disciples.
In heroes I presume they just build cities in environments they prefer. Unless it's inferno, who have a 50% chance of rolling a start in an environment that gives them zero bonuses. As if poor fuckers needed to be even worse.

Attached: 1527801217920.jpg (600x450, 56K)

>Creature abilities only have a 20% chance of triggering

Say that shit to my Dread Knight and Arch-Angel's face and not over the internet, you non-slav.

>20% is almost never
Dread Knights trigger their abilities multiple times per fight for me.

I don't know what shit you're smoking.

Also, there are plenty of 100% triggered abilities, like Cerberus/Hydra hitting multiple enemies, no retaliation attacks, spells cast by creatures, weakness/debuff applied by dragonflies, etc.

You're fucking retarded.

>Dread Knights trigger their abilities multiple times per fight for me.
You sound like one of those retarded XCOM fans who think the game is bugged because you missed several shots in a row.

20% is 20%. Anecdotal evidence doesn't change that.

>Also, there are plenty of 100% triggered abilities, like Cerberus/Hydra hitting multiple enemies, no retaliation attacks, spells cast by creatures, weakness/debuff applied by dragonflies, etc.
It was obviously referring to passive abilities, not cerberus attack range or activated abilities like the archangels resurrect.

It's pretty absurd that the mighty ghost dragon in heroes 3 has only a 20% chance to trigger aging, while a lowly ghost in heroes 4 is guaranteed to age enemies.

Converting land was a really cool feature in disciples

dungeon can start above ground too

Yeah, but they're good at least.

Attached: Wxp3o1yLmDw.jpg (600x540, 94K)

Just because track is not original, it doesn't make it bad.
youtu.be/3V3HeRnRNH8?t=2505

>try to get upgraded homestead by day 2 so I can fight with grand elfs
>costs 20 fucking wood
>completely stalls development until I can find a lumber yard
why is rampart such a shit compared to sorceress in heroes 2?

youtube.com/watch?v=3V3HeRnRNH8#t=2509
Timecode doesn't work for some reason.

>dude celtic flute lmao
It's an eyesore. An earsore? HoMM 2 sea is so much better.

The sad thing is that the homm4 tracks that weren't copied from sound libraries sound really damn good. If they had had more time...

Attached: 4cf4060b-da6a-41a6-8d72-c45608a4e7a0.png (598x480, 79K)

>It's an eyesore. An earsore? HoMM 2 sea is so much better.
Homm3 has the best sea theme. I find it weird how homm4's sea theme is always held up as some incredible piece of music.

youtube.com/watch?v=_NAG9W8R0Lg

>Y-y-your experiences with the game are anecdotal and therefore aren't representative of the game experience

Aight, bud. 20% trigger still happens pretty frequently and I'll take it over every ability being static because it means more swingy abilities can be designed. Gorgons and Medusas with 100% stone-gaze wouldn't exist, but 20% makes it an ability you can have in the game. It's simply a different design ethos.

I feel like 4 has far too many mechanics at odds with each other and feels like less of a polished game than 3, which is still a fucking mess on its own.

>Obviously referring to passive abilities
Oh, like the dragonflies' weakness proc or Naga Queen's no-retaliate max-damage attack or Vampire Lord's life drain or Grand Elf's double attack or Champion's movement attack bonus or

>Can't find the guaranteed lumber yard right next to his starting town

Cheeky Breeky.

HoMM3 also has by far the best faction theme (Fortress)

Don't expect a reply from him. The depends argument people like to throw around is so vague that it has virtually no meaning anyway. He might as well haven't posted at all.

HoMM3's map music all sort of blends together. But town themes are undeniably amazing, each one recognizeable instantly.

Roll with hobbits and dump everything into moral, leadership, and luck.
Now you won.

>tfw there's basically no art and lewds with the best sneks out there
I will never NOT be mad.

Attached: 1552854272633.jpg (1920x1080, 422K)

Everyone played this game back in the day homie. Fuckin everyone

Attached: 213456678678.jpg (1200x1061, 129K)

Yeah, because I feel like waiting an hour a turn for the asshole I'm playing with to micromanage his 40 scout golems and shit.
Neh.

Not him, but on maps with poor resources. On jebus it's a waste of course, but some scenarious in single player have heavy guards everywhere without any free resources.

I wonder.. what would be a price of a comissioned set?

Always pick Conflux

>tfw no naga gf to cuddle with during the winter

Snakes are coldblooded, user...

>Aight, bud. 20% trigger still happens pretty frequently and I'll take it over every ability being static because it means more swingy abilities can be designed. Gorgons and Medusas with 100% stone-gaze wouldn't exist, but 20% makes it an ability you can have in the game. It's simply a different design ethos.
This makes no sense. Medusas in Heroes 4 don't actually have a 100% chance to activate death gaze. Because the developers knew the ability to instantly kill units would be ridiculously powerful if it occured a 100% of the time.
Yet even so, the way medusa's death gaze is implemented in heroes 4 is much more interesting than in heroes 3, since it has a lower chance of triggering if you attack a hero/creature with magic resistance (and creatures that are a 100% magic resistant, like black dragons are completely immune), and you can block it by positioning units in front of the target.

The problem with heroes 3 is that almost every ability only has a measly 20% ability. A relatively weak ability like disease has the same 20% chance of triggering as a unicorns's blind, which is just dumb.

>I feel like 4 has far too many mechanics at odds with each other and feels like less of a polished game than 3, which is still a fucking mess on its own.
This applies far more to 3, which is a mess of conflicting design elements, like phoenixes/fire elementals being immune to buffing spells like bloodlust because it is a fire spell and they are immune to fire magic. Yet at the same time, they still take full damage from physical fire attacks, like fire elemental/phoenix attack.

>Naga Queen's no-retaliate max-damage attack or Vampire Lord's life drain or Grand Elf's double attack or Champion's movement attack bonus or
Sure, heroes 3 has those things, but those are more like physical aspects of the units. When it comes to magical effects, like ghost dragon aging or dread rider cursing they only have a 20% chance of triggering.

It's all about the heatsharing my man. Not my fault you have no snake gf to cuddle with.

No idea, but AFAIK this is the artist.
artstation.com/to_hsu

>china
Might be pretty cheap.

You don't honestly, if you're defining good by the way the best cunts play in multiplayer. The way they play is no fucking fun at all, never level heroes, just constantly leap frogging their army between cunts.

But to get better than you are maybe, hire more heroes to pick shit up, mostly use your main to clear and then just leave the shit lying to save movement. Attack earlier than you feel comfortable is a big one, waiting until you have enough of an army to totally stomp neutrals usually sets you back, going earlier and beating them with a few cheap losses is better.
Week 1 you have 2 choices, either rush for gold generation with city hall and try to get your castle going so by week 2 you can capitol, or go higher tier creature gen and go faster.

You seem real hung up on the 20% thing, man.
It's a weird thing to harp on.
Did your dad roll a D10 and rape you every day but only on a roll of 10 or homm3?

Real talk, the difference between disease is that it's proc'd by a Wyvern, which has a totally different stat block from the Unicorn, which is why the Unicorn's ability is fine despite one ability being better than the other. It's really not the trainwreck of balance that you seem to think it is.

I will concede that 4 sounds like it gives players plenty of options to play around the mechanics as well as more agency with how they play, but when only a handful of those thousand strategies are legitimate, it's just feature bloat.

anyone else not gay but like this town?

Attached: town_sorceress.gif (639x260, 98K)

>You don't honestly, if you're defining good by the way the best cunts play in multiplayer. The way they play is no fucking fun at all, never level heroes, just constantly leap frogging their army between cunts.
I like HoMM, but I agree with this, a lot. Optimal play in HoMM is generally ridiculously boring.

Well I'm hella gay and I also like it, wanna hook up anyway?

You will earn much more money by exploring the map than by building the capitol, not to mention artifacts and units from banks and boxes. It's a normal thing to pick a lvl1 unit specialist like Shakti over someone more powerful as a starting hero, just to get a nice power stack that will easily clear things like full crypts or high level dwellings on 1/1/1. By the time you finish your capitol, your enemy will be running around with Angels from Conservatories and loot from Utopias.
I guess some single player scenarios might force you to go capitol first due to scarce resources, but these are exceptions.

>Real talk, the difference between disease is that it's proc'd by a Wyvern, which has a totally different stat block from the Unicorn, which is why the Unicorn's ability is fine despite one ability being better than the other. It's really not the trainwreck of balance that you seem to think it is.

A wyvern does not have disease, it has poison. A zombie has disease.

>You seem real hung up on the 20% thing, man.
You seem real hung up on defending a shitty system when its sequel vastly improved it.

Whatever 4's flaws are, the way creature abilities and spells work is a huge improvement over 3.

You're really not seeing the forest for the trees, man.

It doesn't matter if 4 has a perfect creature ability system if the rest of the game is whack as fuck.

>a Wyvern, which has a totally different stat block from the Unicorn
Both are 6-tier units with near identical stats (except for their movement).

It was great and I hate how they had to grimdark it up for 3 only to bring fairies back in one expansion and mock the entire change in another.

youtube.com/watch?v=OdAt2SCRqV8
post DEUS VULT -core

You're entirely wrong. If creature abilities had 100% activation rate, the entire game would need rebalancing and all abilities changed because a stack of dread knights shitting on you for double damage every turn or ghost dragons halving your stacks base hp consistently is broken.
Of course they should be fucking chance based and uncommon for their power

What's the opinion on Heroes II these days?

youtube.com/watch?v=PHWxMHHOHyw

I haven't played it in a very long time, I really need to go back and run through it again. I remember liking it though.

Best art style in the entire series, but it isn't quite on the level of HoM&M3.

>You're entirely wrong. If creature abilities had 100% activation rate, the entire game would need rebalancing and all abilities changed because a stack of dread knights shitting on you for double damage every turn or ghost dragons halving your stacks base hp consistently is broken.
The game is already a mess balance-wise. How does it make sense that a powerful ability like aging or blinding has the same chance to trigger as something weaksauce like a zombie's disease?

How do i stop the habit of only using 1 general with an unstoppable army?

Stop playing on 80%, you'll come around in no time.

Ekhm..
youtube.com/watch?v=GSwATqPUsv0

It's onpar with 3.

Because Zombies are a fucking tier 2 unit you can buy en masse and have 7 stacks of in the first week if you wanted, you fucking skillplebe

once you capture another faction's town are you supposed to build it up and make another hero using its units? or is it better to give the better units to your main hero even if there's a morale penalty?

Even on 100%, you can still do this just fine.

At least get it producing what you want and providing its unique stat bonus. I'll build up another town for units, especially if it's a forward base that the enemy will likely attack. Even if you can't afford the units, just make sure to make all the basic unit producers so you can start to stock them--though, as fair warning, if the enemy takes this shit back and can buy all your stocked units, you've played yourself.

I typically ask the question: Do I want units from this area in a secondary army or add them to my main army if the morale is fine (High leadership hero, Archangels, etc)? If yes, then buy unit producers there. If no, then only upgrade resource and stat producers and leave everything unbuilt.

You need to ask yourself if you can reasonably fund a second base/hero or if you just want what amounts to a really big gold mine.

I hate to break it to you, but YOU are the zoomer.

Your tier 1 stack was probably killed by towers, so it's usually a good idea to pick some good unit from new castle, some shooter or flier.

Holy shit I have never seen someone oust themselves as a clueless zoomed so hard

>physical aspects of the units

You're a fucking retard. Guess what, the abilities in 4 are the exact same shit. Being able to cast luck is just as much a physical aspect of a creature as any ability in 3.

Can you change them if you want? No. An imp is an imp. You can't change creature abilities so they're just as inherent to the creature as they are in 3. Additionally, going on endlessly about a 1 in 5 chance being a negative without understanding why they implemented it that way makes you a fucking idiot

Nobody likes heroes 4, because it's shit. Yet 3, an older game, has a couple of thousand players playing right now, 20 years later.

Maybe if you sit in a lobby in heroes 4 long enough someone else as retarded as you will show up and you can jerk each other off about how good getting 100% extra defence against arrows is

Is terrain penalty only depends on the native army or hero should be native to terrain too?

Usually I at least build all the creature buildings if they aren't built already just so you have the option.

I've been playing this game for fucking ever and I have no idea how terrain bonuses work.
I just know some terrain is rough terrain and you move slower over it.

It depends on army.

>You're a fucking retard.
Retard about what? You must be genuinely retarded if you think heroes 3 units are more distinctive. Do you seriously think heroes 3' thunderbird, whose lightning special only has a measly 20% chance of triggering, is more distinctive than the heroes 4 thunderbird, whose lightning hits every time it attacks/retaliates?

Even the units with identical abilities are stronger in heroes 4. E.g. a champion in heroes 4 is much stronger, because the jousting damage boost you get from moving farther is much greater than in heroes 3, to the point that a champion in heroes 4 is on the same tier as an angel.

Why would you be in denial about this?

Really getting tired of this Heroes 4 shilling.

Attached: 870.jpg (1280x720, 141K)

>Lightning hits every time it attacks
Sounds boring, man. At that point the lightning is just an animation to announce the bird does 'extra' damage. You could make Imps shoot fire out their dicks too and not change their damage number at all and be like "Wow such an ability". It's wild that you think a 100% proc on a single target damage ability on attack is more mechanically interesting.

>The damage scaling on joust is higher, that makes it more interesting
I'm sure it makes it more significant in a fight, but I'm curious how other similarly tiered units are balanced around that and if it actually does make a distinct difference in play any more than what the joust bonus in 3 was like.

I get that 4 has more interesting ability interactions in general, but you chose a really shit set of examples here.

You also keep coming back to the exact wording of
>measly 20% chance

What's crazy is that 20PercentAutist is inevitably going to refute something along the lines of
>But 20% chance to lightning on attack is just mechanically that much damage times .2 across all attacks so it's not ACTUALLY interesting or distinctive

Also, Battle Dwarves have a 40% chance to be immune to spells, but, y'know, fuck refuting this cherry-picking skillplebe.

>Additionally, going on endlessly about a 1 in 5 chance being a negative without understanding why they implemented it that way makes you a fucking idiot
Having a 1 in 5 chance is bad because it leads to imbalance. Take the Naga Queen for example. It's a 6th-tier unit and one of the most powerful of its tier, dealing a fixed 30 damage (no range, making it even more powerful) and having no retaliation. It also has a whopping 110 hp

Meanwhile, a thunderbird, another sixth tier unit deals a measly 11-15 damage and only has 60 hp, and also has weaker attak and defense and naga queen. So it literally has half the health and deals less than half the damage of a naga queen, as well as weaker attack and its vulnerable to retliation (whereas the naga queen is protected by no retaliation). Its special doesn't remotely compensate this huge disadvantage because it only has a 20% chance of triggering.

How the fuck is this remotely balanced?

>Sounds boring, man. At that point the lightning is just an animation to announce the bird does 'extra' damage.
It's not. Here are a few examples of how the lightning attack can blow up in its face:

>Attack a Black Dragon? Completely immune to magic, including the lightning
>Attack a Faerie Dragon? It has MAgic Mirror, so the lightning is reflected back.
>Attack a Titan? Its Chaos Ward reduces lightning damage by 50%
>Attack a Dragon Golem or Champion or Mantis? Their First strike means they will retaliate before the thunderbird can attack.

This is far more interesting compared to how abilities work in heroes 3.

I keep forgetting you're too retarded to read

You said the abilities in 3 are more like inherent features than abilities and thus the heroes 4 creatures are better

That's retarded because they're both inherent. You just prefer 4 and you're justifying it with stupid bullshit.

I didn't express an opinion on whether the abilities are better but yeah, I prefer the 20% chance because if it happens every time it's basically just "does 20 extra damage"

Thunderbird is a 5th tier unit, but even if it wasn't, Naga Queen is the most expensive tier 6 unit.

It's not balanced because the thunderbird is tier 5 you retard

You really haven't played 3, have you

So it has extra damage that doesn't work against some enemies, exactly like 3

Wow, so distinct and fun

Oh come on, he has to try and get at least one other person to play his shit game

You'll never stop, because it's the best way to play. You'll have to adapt if you don't get expert earth or air magic on them, but you're still always primarily going to be using 1 hero loaded to the brim. If you don't, you'll have little chance of beating enemy heroes who do just that

>It's not balanced because the thunderbird is tier 5 you retard
You're right, I completely forgot.

Which speaks volumes about how homogenous the units in heroes 3 are.

Depends on the town and the army composition you're going for. If you have a hero with archery specialty and castle for example, and you get a tower, chances are you're gonna want to get titans and archmages into your lineup, so you'd build up them and ignore the rest, or build up the rest so you can buy them to defend it if need be.
Also depends how comfortable you are in defending it, if it's likely to be taken, you just build the gold generation and use it like a free gold mine.

If you tried HOMM3's campaign and found it hard its probably because you're playing it in the wrong order.
HOMM3 complete has the campaigns listed in chronological order which means one of the expansions comes first, and expansions are pretty hard. You should start with base HOMM3 campaign if you're new

Oh I see, you prefer heroes 4 because your simple mind can't cope with more than 4 units available at once

First of all, Naga Queens are a tier 6 unit, but Thunderbirds are tier 4. But I'll entertain you.

To build an Upgraded Golden Pavilion, you need a Mage Tower (2500 and 5 of every resource) and 7,000 and 5 of every resource.

To build an Upgraded Cliff Nest, all you need is a Wolf Pen (since you very likely started with Goblin Barracks--Wolf Pen is only 10 wood, 5 ore, and 1000 gold) and 15 ore, 5 wood, 4500 gold.

I am able to get a Cliff Nest at week 1 every single game I've ever played Stronghold.

I am sometimes unable to get an Upgraded Golden Pavillion until very, very late into the game (Month 2, sometimes, even, holy shit).

Thunderbirds cost 700 per unit to create and have a growth of 3 base.
Naga Queens cost 1600 per unit to create and have a growth of 2 base.

The Nagas will still edge them out stat-wise because they are a TIER 6 compare to a TIER 4, but it's not the huge improvement you're making it out to be. You're also neglecting the fact that Thunderbirds fly and have 11 speed, which is a huge advantage over Naga's 2-square-taking, grounded 7 speed.

Is the Naga, unit by unit, better than the Thunderbird? Fucking better be, it's a Tier 6 that you need 10 of every resource and more than double the gold invested to even begin recruiting.

Fucking moron.

>How the fuck is this remotely balanced?
Because it can fucking fly you mongoloid. Naga can't stop archer stacks turn 1, naga can't do shit with castle walls in the way. If you have haste, thunderbird gets a free extra turn of damage. If you don't have haste, thunderbird gets equivalent to 2 or 3 turns of extra action by merit of movement range. What am I even reading here. Also cyclops is the t6, not thunderbird.

Disciple had amazing graphic, it's a shame it couldn't reproduce the gameplay of HoMM that made it fun. This is the kind of situation where you notice the importance of design philosophy, so many hours were wasted by so many talented people to produce this game which had a flawed design philosophy in the first place. It tried to take a little bit of HoMM and bit of Ogre Battle and couldn't make anything satisfying out of both.

Attached: disciple.jpg (800x600, 126K)

Weren't you just whining about how elemental units aren't immune to their own element, but now you're propping Magic Mirroring thunder onto a thunderbird as a cool and interesting interaction?

>Reminding me the First Strike mechanic exists

God 4 was such a shit game.

Attached: 1440868550961.jpg (661x716, 250K)

>That's retarded because they're both inherent. You just prefer 4 and you're justifying it with stupid bullshit.

>heroes 4 creatures: can cast spells, you can chosoe the spells
>heroes 3 creatures: can't cast spells, only a few creatures like genies, enchanters and faerie can cast spells randomly, the player can't choose what (great design there)

>heroes 4 creatures: elemental resistance protects against both spells and physical attacks of creatures of that element
>heroes 3 creatures: elemental resistance only protects against spells

>heroes 4 creatures: terrain penalty also apply to combat movement; flying units do not suffer this penalty,
>heroes 3 creatures; there is no terrain penalty for combat movement, so flying units have no such advantage over ground-based units

>heroes 4 creatures: most passive magic abilities trigger with each attack
>heroes 3 creatures: most passive magic abilities only have a 20% chance of triggering

Are you really arguing creature abilities are better implemented in heroes 3?

>I'm too stupid to remember what tier units are in a game I've been arguing about all day

>this is the fault of the game and not my lack of intellect

>I am able to get a Cliff Nest at week 1 every single game I've ever played Stronghold.
Just fyi, you can generally get cliff nest day 1, or at most day 2, of just about any random map.

>amazing graphics
>have to turn on flags to highlight what's an object and what isn't

Thunderbirds are T5, but otherwise, this.
Pretty much T4 given how easy it is to get their nest.

Disciple is a great game, it's just agonizingly slow and from what I remember coming back from getting fucked is near impossible

Yeah, this dipshit over here is like
>Naga better than thunderbird
When you're never going to field Nagas day 1 or even week 1.

>Weren't you just whining about how elemental units aren't immune to their own element, but now you're propping Magic Mirroring thunder onto a thunderbird as a cool and interesting interaction?

Water Elementals, Ice Demons, Efreet, Fire Elementals and Phoenixes are immune to spells from their respective elements, it's just Thunderbirds that aren't.

Why do HoMM IV fan(s) always feel the need to invite themselves into HoMM 3 threads and talk about how HoMM IV is totally not a broken mess with fugly artstyle?
Go make your own threads you parasites, all you bring to HoMM 3 threads is shitposting, not to mention that one autist that rabidly defends everything about HoMM IV and the mere mention of HoMM V makes him seethe I know you're ITT, no one's interested in your shit unfinished game with barely working AI and no online community to play with.

Attached: 1462163866923.gif (640x360, 426K)

THIS is a good bait
I’m copying this for every MM3 threD

nothing but fucking retards and zoomer childer itt

to the ones with a brain and actually play and aren't passing by and spouting retarded memes
if you want to have a good future for the franchise then support the next one unlike the last two you shit on for no reason

I'm fucking arguing that saying creature abilities in 3 are an "inherent" ability and they aren't in 4 is a retarded thing to say because it is

Can you change a creature's ability in either game? No? Fuck off then, the abilities are both fixed to the creature

It was a stupid distinction you made to try and make it seem like heroes 4 was somehow better because you don't have a good argument, which is what I'm pointing out you goalpost moving cunt. If you did, someone might actually want to play 4 with you

imagine being this retard

I doubt you have played any of these games dude

VI dumbed down resources.
VII is a broken mess with a shit leveling system.
They're both bad games, try harder.

you're the one that is trying hard to fit in
try harder to not sound like you are clueless

I too prefer the inherent abilities over the 20% ones because you can't safely strategise around getting a 20% chance and it just becomes a nice bonus every once in a while rather than something you can rely on to win a battle but I can see you're getting narky from having talked about it too much with the other guy.
Another thing I prefer about H4 is spellcasting creatures having spellbooks, again it favors strategy over chance like when comparing the 2 different faerie dragons, you can have a 1 stack of H4 faerie dragons casting confuse while the main stack hammers in them lightning bolts, compared to just accumulating them in H3 and hoping for meteor shower over magic arrow.

Homm thread is a Homm thread you pissy baby, you really just want all the opinions you disagree with to go away?

Heard you were talking shit like I wouldn't find out?!

Attached: leprechaun_b.jpg (600x600, 20K)

It doesn't matter that the creature abilities are far more straightforward and easy to manage in 3. 4's "everyone gets bells and whistles" approach feels over-designed and isn't fun in practice. Nevermind 4's other glaring flaws.

They shit the place up because nobody wants to play their shit game

Anyone who was around at the release played 4 for about 10 minutes before going back to 3

>I'm fucking arguing that saying creature abilities in 3 are an "inherent" ability and they aren't in 4 is a retarded thing to say because it is
I never said that. I said both heroes 3 and 4 units have 'physical traits' (like a cerberus 3-headed attack) and 'magical' abilities, like a thunderbird's lightning.

The way these abilities are implemented in heroes 4 makes them more powerful. E.g. 'no retaliation' is much more useful to have in heroes 4, since it has simultaneous retaliation. Thunderbird has a 100% chance of triggering in heroes 4, as opposed to 20%.

How is this such a difficult concept to grasp?

Unless you're talking about the Sacrifice community you're a fucking retard. HoMM III has always been super popular.

Attached: 330px-Sacrifice_by_Interplay_-_formation[1].jpg (330x247, 21K)

I haven't played after 5 but I don't have enough faith in ubisoft to support the next one, the creature variation and music were 2 of the most compelling things about the 3DO ones for me so to go from that to H5's underwhelming soundtrack and towns whose roster consists of 6 dwarf variants and a lava dragon, I consider the series over and will just enjoy what we have.

Archangels always cast Raise Dead and Orc Shamans always cast Bloodlust. While spellbooks definitely are welcome for units like the Master Genie, I don't think it's that big of a deal.

I still strategize hard around the 20% chance on some units, such as Unicorns, Basilisks, and Gorgons since those abilities are so powerful.

Actually, doesn't Death Stare fly in the face of that 20% thing?

I never liked how if you lose one battle early on or if you lose too many troops along the game, you essentially lost the game.
waiting for troops every week is a neat concept, but usually just ends up with that one necro fag with 10 thousand skeleton army to just face roll the entire map.
they really should have implemented something for people who had a rough start to be able to catch up to the rest of the players.

feel free to debate or call me a fag, I only played heroes 3 for about 4 games

>pls buy the ubisoft disasters that are slow, laggy, resource heavy and play worse than the 3do ones
what. if you play anything after 5 more than just to try it you're insane. 6 and 7 were ass

Because powerful doesn't equal good, you fucking idiot, yet that's what you've been saying this whole time

It doesn't matter if the abilities are OP, because it's in service of a not fun game, which is what everyone else is saying. The proof is in the free market. How many people are playing 4 right now?

Please tell me you aren't implying simultaneous retaliation is good

...there's actually a Sacrifice community?

Not him, but you can't strategize around a guaranteed aging every round, or multiple if you split your ghost dragon stacks like you're meant to.
There are abilities that are simply too powerful to be able to do anything about, which is why 100% activation is retarded for them

>Letting that one Necro fag get that late in the game
>Not showing up on his doorstep with your first two week's worth of units to shitslap his garbage

Honestly, Necro becomes hard to overcome at the point where they have recruited over 20 Vampire Lords. Any time before then and they're one of the weakest armies in the game.

>I only played heroes 3 for about 4 games
You get better, you learn what you can handle and how to minimize troop losses early on.
If you're talking about losing vs another player that's a different story I guess

>W-well ur prob a n00b lmao
See? more shitposting, I literally grew up playing the whole franchise
Begone you pleb and take hoMM 4 with you
It's specifically HoMM 3 thread if the OP wasn't clear enough. You can make your own threads to talk about HoMM 4, but you won't because no one plays that shit so you feel a need to latch onto HoMM 3 threads and change the subject every time. I have seen the exact same arguments in favour of HoMM IV being made in these threads for the last few months.

>non skav anons pretending to understand HoMM game
Sseth reviews a mistake

the music in previous homm games while good was just a collection of ripoffs of famous classical compositions and then the rest are melodies like the sea theme from 4 that romero or rob king got as royalty free or bought

you're complaining about some town background, listen to yourself
enjoy your ded franchise that ubisoft won't ever touch with a large budget I guess

nobody is impressed by how hard you pretend
shame you didnt grow up near a school or near parents that will raise you properly

>Because powerful doesn't equal good, you fucking idiot, yet that's what you've been saying this whole time
It makes units and factions more distinct from each others and allows you to actually come up with tactics that utilize their strengths and weaknesses, instead of just praying that 20% chance will trigger.

Attached: 1551554266133.png (644x573, 68K)

Look, I'm a white kid who's played this since I was 10, but I my pineal eye is not attuned to the mechanics of this game in the way those fucking adidasquaters

My current tactic I'm trying is rampart, playing as Ivor as his specialty is elves, rushing grand elves and build a massive stack of dwarves and centaurs to defend them. Level archery to expert quick and rush the other teams towns asap.
It's fun as fuck just mowing down champions and crusaders before they can rape you in big stacks

It's like 12 people.

It was always very popular in Russia you mongo.

Here's a tactic, I have 6 stacks of bone dragons and 1 stack of phoenixes. I go first 100% of the time, I cast mass haste, I age every stack in your army, you can no longer win. Nice.
Imagine if the cost to literally one turn an enemies best hero, with all his troops and all his artifacts, was 6 ghost dragons. Pay 6 ghost dragons, win game.

your brain isn't attuned to being able to think and not just repeat
you're an npc my dude, you've heard about that meme? it's real
scary

>Acting like HoMM3's factions aren't distinct enough because units have 20% proc on some of the abilities in the game

It'd probably be true that strategizing around unit's unique strengths and weaknesses in 4 would make for a better game if the rest of 4 wasn't a clusterfuck and that there are so many broken as fuck units and strategies that render so many of those units completely useless that it's a joke you'd suggest there's some greater depth there.

Except this is a complete strawman. Heroes 4 doesn't have 100% chance for ALL creature abilities. The incredibly strong abilities, like a medusa's death gaze, have a lower chance, precisely to balance them out.

Heroes 3 just makes everything, no matter how weak or strong, a 20% chance whch is dumb design.

Something else I forgot to mention: Heroes 4 lets you choose 'attack modes'. So you can actually use harpies to block shooters, by toggling their strike-and-return on and off. THis is so much better than how harpies were designed in heroes 3. Or you can melee a unit to exhaust their retalation instead of shooting at them

I'd say if a stack is powerful enough for it to matter if it was blinded then I'd probably just handle it a safer way like slow/elves rather than hope for the blind. Like usually if you're going to rely on unicorn blind, there's probably a safer way to handle that stack so I usually don't get much utility out of chance based abilities.
The spellbooks are definitely a big deal though, genies have obnoxious utility in H4 to the point where you're just picking nagas just for a change, you could ruin a stack of titans defending a castle with slow/song of peace/ice bolt.

Yeah I definitely don't think H3 abilities should be 100% but you can use 1 stacks of ghosts in H4 to win a battle you couldn't otherwise win by aging all the other stacks, not like in H3 where if it happens then great but you can't reliably turn a battle with it.

Nah man I understand mechanics and strategies like splitting stacks or abusing AI with walls but I'm not on the next level eldritch-knowledge-glimpsing tier that those slavs are.

>take a unit from 3
>make ability always happen
>wow so distinct, wait why isn't anyone playing with me

You're even more retarded than I thought if you don't think strategies based around unit abilities exist in 3. You're also retarded for having a wojak folder but that's beside the point

>heroes 4 player
>avoids mentioning that above normal difficulty 70% of the time the ai cant leave the starting area due to the ai and balance being fucked
>even if he does, on hard modes neutrals are your only threat and the ais army is mere dozens

WHY CANT I JUST GET A HOMM3 WITH MORE CUTE GIRL UNITS LIKE IN HOMM6?

Doesn't that make Genies a bit overpowered in that tier-slot, though? Is there something else to counterbalance them as an option over other similarly tiered units?

That's because they're not good enough to go higher than normal anyway so they've never found out about that

Hey, maybe why that's why they think it's so complex, because they can't win

>>Acting like HoMM3's factions aren't distinct enough because units have 20% proc on some of the abilities in the game
Homm3 factions are relatively homogenous, yes. Take for example magic: every town has access to almost all the spells in the game.

Compare that to heroes 4, where certain magic schools are outright banned in certain towns, and stronghold doesn't have any magic at all. All the factions have spells that reflect their unique identity. For example, Life doesn't have a single damaging spell (outside of Holy Word/Shout, which only works against the Death Faction), instead their spells are all about healing and buffing their own units. Death is the polar opposite: they have virtually no buffing spells, all their spells are about debuffing and demoralizing their enemies, and reanimating dead units.

Probably didn't mention it because it wasn't relevant to the comparisons we're making, I get you're really mad at us for telling you why we like the game and you can get wasted games from the AI gimping out but there's no real reason to bring it up out of the blue unless you're genuinely spiteful towards us for having a different opinion and just want to discredit the game as much as possible.

>ITT one HoM&M4 autist tries to convince rest of the thread to play his shit game

Why would you play above normal?

Unlike heroes 3, ai is not crippled on normal.

Was this Sandors PTSD?

Succession Wars is going to add some cute girls but probably not what you're looking for.

Oh, man, HoMM3 but a porn game where the creatures fuck. That's a great idea.

Wait, did the BROQUEST artist work on Breeding Season?

Attached: ti.png (857x708, 37K)

Certain magic schools are outright banned in HoMM3, too. Being gimped to a level 3 mage guild is almost synonymous with having no magic at all.

For what it's worth, I do think HoMM3's magic system is one of its weakest mechanical systems. The only strategy game I've ever seen get magic right was Master of Magic.

>Game is essentially unplayable with AI and nobody plays it online because they're playing 3

>i-it's not relevant to this discussion of how 4 is better, it being unplayable is a feature

>Why would you play above normal

This is one of the most embarrasing sentences I've ever seen

You drop it and play the superior HoMM.

Attached: 1.png (637x474, 178K)

Yes and it failed like BroQuest and he started another project suffering from the same problem.

How is the succ wars?

Also heroes from certain towns find it almost impossible to get certain schools, like water and inferno

Not that this is even a good argument because everyone having access to all the spells both makes sense and is fairer

That's a shame.
Dude should'a stuck with BroQuest even though I can get wanting to draw fapbait for patreonbux.

Great.

>troglodyte
>eyes
Pls fix this

Which version of HOMM3 should I play?

Nah they're OP as fuck, that's the rub with H4, if you're not just spewing hate like some of the kiddos have started doing then at the very least you have to admit that it has no balance and even if you like a concept or a mechanic that they introduced, it probably wasn't done in the ideal way. Mages were done better because you can't just completely shut the enemy down with them and they're more frail than some tier 1s but they can still fuck you like no other tier 2 because they can poison you without needing line of sight, but yeah I get why some people can't get past the flaws like balance/AI.

Theyre too asian. Not in aesthetic but as in looking like theyre part of a free korean mobile game

Complete edition from gog with the HD mod and the newest version of HotA

I don't remember since it's been so long, so take this with a mountain of salt. I thought BroQuest's problem was the sheer amount of idea guys/writers to the single digit amount of artists and like one programmer. Everyone kept fucking changing and adding stuff while the programmer was barely getting a RPGMaker-esque game going.

Better for low difficulty players who cant manage resources intuitevly

>Nah they're OP as fuck, that's the rub with H4, if you're not just spewing hate like some of the kiddos have started doing then at the very least you have to admit that it has no balance and even if you like a concept or a mechanic that they introduced, it probably wasn't done in the ideal way.
The choice between Naga vs Genie is absurdly badly balanced, sure, with Genies being the no-brainer choice.

But the vast majority of other creatures choices are well-designed, with pro's and cons for each choice. The choice between a Faerie Dragon or Phoenix, or a Bone Dragon or Devil, or a Titan or Dragon Golem are not that straightfroward.

>Why would you play above normal?
Because when it's too easy and you reliably, consistently win, especially without struggle, you're supposed to raise the difficulty son.

We were comparing creatures, all you want to do is say why you hate the game and why we're stupid for playing it, exaggerating the fuck out of the AI thing and just being a snarky little cunt in general.
The AI performs worse on champion than expert, granted, but don't make up figures just because you can't stand someone liking something you don't like.

This just looks like homm2 hd. As much as I love homm2, how is this any better than hota? Which theoretically even still has a bunch of updates to come with more towns eventually

Complete edition with the HD mod. You can get it on gog or pirate it

Horn of the abyss is optional but probably the best mod. Info on it's units is on the wiki too, which is nice

Not really, I dunno why people are saying it is.
Your gameplan is always 1 of 2 things, either grab some fat troops turn 1-2 and try and nab shit asap, or econ hard and capitol in week 2 then outscale your opponent.

I'm unsure what game these people are playing where you can clear utopias or conservatories and shit week 1 or even week 2 without losing half your army, but it's not the same game I've been playing that's for sure. Hundred griffons are gonna fuck you up period.

Well for one thing, HoMM2 is an official game and not fanmade garbage. It also has much better art and music.

Thanks. I've been playing a boardgame that is modeled after HOMM but I wanted to go back to really scratch that itch.

wog for stupidly broken fun, first aid becomes by far the best skill in the game

Comparing the creatures is pointless because most of them are taken from 3 and changed slightly, you know, like a sequel. The argument this whole time has been about that fucking stupid image that says 4 has more creatures than 3 when it really doesn't even if you don't include the expansions for some stupid reason. The point of the bait image is to say 4 is better than 3, which it isn't. If it was, people would be playing it, but with 20 years of hindsight, people prefer 3 because it's better

I also didn't "make up any figures" I said the AI being shit does matter. You are somehow arguing that it doing nothing makes for a deep and rich game experience apparently

I'm not a cunt just because you have bad taste

That's what's kept me from playing 4 for more than a few hours. Every neat change came with about a dozen flaws in tow.

spoonfeed me on playing it

Agreed but I meant more general unbalance with the thing we happened to be talking about being just 1 example. Other than a couple other dodgy creature choices like cyclops vs ogre you have shit like order magic, precision removing range penalties and obstacle penalties AND giving a 25% damage boost, as well as just teleporting cyclops stacks off the battlements and right in front of your golems, and I don't think breeding pens is enough to make up for barb's total lack of magic but I do like the design choice of trying to make them a magicless faction.
I love most of what they were trying to do but some of it just couldn't be smoothed out in time.

Get Tribes of the East. It's the last expansion pack for Heroes 5 and it's standalone.
Google Heroes 5.5 and install it.
You're ready to play the game.

>I also didn't "make up any figures"
>70% of the time the ai cant leave the starting area due to the ai and balance being fucked
Done with you faggot.

Wasn't me, faggot. Maybe, just maybe, more than one person disagrees with you

Thanks, should I try igg-games?

Or can I just buy ONLY tribes of the east on steam for $10?

I always called those units "walking liqourice sticks"

Don't know what you mean by igg-games, but pirated version works too, there's no difference.
You only need Tribes of the East, it has all the Heroes 5 content and it doesn't require vanilla game or previous expansion packs to run.

Thanks senpai, this'll be a great evening