Memes aside, what made him one of the greatest final bosses ever?

Memes aside, what made him one of the greatest final bosses ever?

Attached: CE0DBBB2-700E-442E-9187-83040EBE7BA0.jpg (950x502, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FCiDtR4g86k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He was actually difficult.

The fact that it’s a cuhrazee over-the-top epic anime fight.....with a US senator.

It had soul just like Bayonetta...and unlike DMCV.

The fact you can somewhat agree with his reasons, his methods aside.
Also subverting your expectations with the giant robot fight, followed by the lengthy dialogue of him kicking your ass and the beginning the fight with "This isnt my sword" is basically pressing all of your hype buttons.

it was man to MAN

His ideology.

he came out of nowhere and had a awesome speech about his goals.

He had a big personality, mostly. He shows up at the end and immediately dominates his cutscenes.

Attached: 1500623814260.jpg (112x220, 12K)

While he's not the best boss gameplay wise, his presentation and dialogue are top notch.

Lol

>tackles raiden who can lift and throw fucking metal gears
>starts talking about football out of nowhere

he had my attention.

Attached: 1376498711482.jpg (499x670, 149K)

Nanomachines

His personality. No one is quite sure what his ideals were, but they were very big.

Attached: 1548546668582.png (778x595, 810K)

the music, the speech, the buildup, having a decent fight, the fact that both realized that their using the same means to achieve their goal.

>memes aside
>Metal Gear game
user...

I thinked that DMC5 will surpass this, but i was wrong...

Mostly because hes the exact opposite of everything you expected

He was a sniveling senator who had to pilot a huge ass robot to even fight raiden after throwing his minions at you all game.

You expect him to get out of the robot and beg for mercy or just give up, but instead he turns into the fucking hulk and admits everything he has done up until this point is a ruse to get himself elected so he can MAGA, all while bragging about how hes not a pansy like other politicians.

Disregarding the gameplay (which is good, but nothing spectacular on its own aside from having a lot of impactful and awesome QTEs, the game was rushed after all)
The buildup to him is subtle, and you barely even know who you're going up against. EXCELSUS is a big fuckoff mecha that you suplex and then this guy comes out, does a DBZ powerup and tanks your oraoraora rush without giving a shit. Right off the bat, his voice actor has perfect delivery, the script is top notch and manages to create very real tension between him and Raiden on more than just a "we must fight" level. And he also has really really good banter.

Combine this with the final boss music and collective consciousness, "but you did survive", "you're batshit insane!", "nanomachines, son", "this isn't my sword", the literally perfect 10/10 camera shots and musical queues and you have the single best fight in vidya. Even if the gameplay doesn't do anything extremely unique or challenging (on the level of Vergil 3 as an example), it's just so memorable, and it's still challenging without warming up to his patterns. And if you flunk out on upgrading your damage, he's extremely difficult.

Attached: .jpg (540x413, 33K)

The armstrong fight is literally unironically among the best boss fights ever. The music, the action, the hype, the way that it's unexpected. The QTEs and zandantsu parts were great. The way the lyrics kick in when you recover your sword after you lose it. Also he's basically donald trump, which this game kind of predicted. It's such a great game.

He had a crazy motivation and there was even barely any setup. Good dialogue too. He does have some bullshit to him.

>He's basically donald trump
lmao

>he can't into sidestep/block/perfect parry

Nothin personnel kid

>Also he's basically donald trump, which this game kind of predicted. It's such a great game.
Based retard. You probably think Simpsons predicted that shit too

Presentation. It’s all about presentation.

I own this game but have no motivation to play it because I watched a full let's play a long time ago and have only played mgs 1
please help

>that pre-fight dialogue
>that music
>that difficulty
MGR had soul. Idgaf what kojimadrones say.

First thing you do if stop going to this place. The second you do is learn how to go into Zandatsu everytime the screen turns light blue. Have fun.

I'M STARING ACROSS THIS BARREN WASTED LAND
I FEEL NEW LIFE WILL BE BORN BENEATH THE BLOOD STAINED SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND

He was right.

Attached: 90456790.png (882x687, 859K)

>goofy concept
>mechanically fun fight
>challenging
>rad tunes

Yeah, only a few fights in souls, DMC and Bayonetta even come close.

>reasonably difficult for a final boss, Armstrong hits like a truck and some of his attacks are genuinely hard to evade when you aren't ready for them whereas the last boss, Sam, was mostly just "if you know how to parry, you'll be fine."
>Comes out of left field, there's little to foreshadow that Armstrong is secretly this ubermensch darwinist so when he makes the reveal that he's fucking invincible it's the best kind of shock
>great psychotic personality, the field goal with the cheering crowd, had MAGA as his campaign slogan before Trump ever did
>great OST

He's a really fun character and a fun fight mechanically. All around great.

He's just fucking fun, man. Personality and gameplay wise. His theme is also fucking legendary. MGR as a whole is just really enjoyable in most aspects.

>FUCK THIS WAR, I JUST WANT YOU DEAD

youtu.be/FCiDtR4g86k
Was it kino?

>in the metal gear universe this fight took place in 2018

Real life will never be a cool setting or anything like that. It will always be a disappointing cyberpunk extremely hard scifi from here on out.

Music, 200% health bar, buildup and he actually made you work for it.

>We literally already live in cyberpunk but it's just really trashy and lame
>We're probably all going to die from stupid people causing the creation of a drug-resistant superbug or an easily-preventable slow-burn manmade catastrophe without a hint of romance in any of it

Didn’t Regan start the whole MAGA slogan?

>perfect parry
>armstrong

Attached: 1466775060646.jpg (541x566, 58K)

I believe so, it's just funny to look at Armstrong's portrayal of a caricatured all-american macho man using MAGA so close to what happened IRL.

The fuck you into devil trigger moment in DMC5 topped this scene imo.

Armstrong is still amazing though.

The music, his character (he was crazy but also showed Raiden that he was and hipocryte), the over the top superman moveset and different stages of the fight, the humor

And the memes, oh god the memes

LOL, not even close son.

Armstrong plays on another league

>most things die in a few hits, even metal gear is just thrown around by Raiden
>this guy shows up and you do 0.01 per swing
>the part where Raiden hangs on his own 0.1 hp
>Blade Wolf and Sam's sword buildup
>the music
>you have to use all base mechanics well to have a chance with him

Attached: 1466285048400.jpg (1280x720, 485K)

His speech, his Godlike OST, multiple phases, the subversion of "just a guy in a mecha" and the fact that he combined the mechanics and challenges of all the previous bosses in the game.

He's basically a wrestling persona, it's fun.

I always thought he meant to say trivial celebrity bullshit