He thinks item descriptions are plot

>he thinks item descriptions are plot

Attached: IMG_5979.jpg (449x401, 37K)

could be worse
kirby deep lore is expressed only in pause screen text

nobody thinks this
no game has anything that can be interpreted as this

Attached: bgg.jpg (622x435, 53K)

Item descriptions in conjunction with environmental storytelling, npc dialogue and notes/emails are literally the best type of story in vidya

What? It's literally behind the predominant fan narrative that Dark Souls has a deep story.

Attached: shadedwoods.jpg (1280x720, 263K)

>item descriptions that describe certain story-relevant events or story-relevant individuals
Yeah that's pretty much plot, which is not to be mistaken with story.

Attached: story-and-plot.jpg (1407x1188, 210K)

But the story is in the opening cutscene

Literally dark souls

Agreed. Soulsborne games have a lot of things going for them. They have great combat, great atmosphere, great level design, and great lore for those who want to dig into it. But they do not have great stories. The stories are borderline incomprehensible without consulting a wiki.

The intro of DS1 isn't the Story of the game you're about to play, it tells you about a story that hapenned previously.

Technically the story of DS1 isn't great.
You're a chosen one who has to ring two bells so he can travel to a long lost city so he can get a magical soupdish so he can collect a couple of powerfull souls so he can open a door so he can kill the old king so he can link the fire or not.
That's the story. The individual storybeats and the way the are presented to the player are great though.

Story being hard to understand is the best thing about it, you actually have to read shit and try to piece things together.

Feels sort of like being an archeologist digging through artifacts

by the "best" you mean a retarded and barely functional method that requires hours long youtube videos to endless speculate how any of this makes sense?

Attached: cry.jpg (1280x720, 201K)

>text dumps in an audiovisual medium
No thanks

It's the story of the world, and you can make anything sounds stupid

midgets throwing a ring into some fire for example

>You're a chosen one
wrong

Attached: 1529608194342.jpg (717x708, 115K)

>plot = narrative

Once again you’re doing OPs throughout history a service by weilding your “stupid faggot” badge proudly and with great enthusiasm. Fucking idiot.

Know the difference between plot, backstory and lore you stupid fucking nigger cocksucking manlet bitch.

If you are such a nigger you can't handle 3 sentence cryptic item descriptions you're gay as fuck

literally who

But they're right.

If you cant understand the plot of dark souls 1 you are a legit brainlet, it's so simple

That's a gross oversimplification of the story of LOTR. Dark Souls really is that simple. Besides the bells and serpents, there is absolutely nothing else to drive the narrative forwards.

>Spoonfeed me daddy!
>Uh-oh me go poopy in my pants!
>Why I no win? Give me win!

Some people just can't handle a character driven plot

>confusing lore with plot
emabrrassing

Because you are in a dead world that already ended you dumb manlet, you are a solitary hero who needs to collect the great souls and kindle the fire.

Literally the perfect story for this kind of game/, doesn't need any more gay bullshit

Dark Souls has no plot, it's just "go there and kill some guys"
It does have lore tho

That's called a plot